AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 21:19   Link #1081
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
[*]Izanagi is a Doujutsu which record a few events and sensations to create an illusory endless loop where you can trap someone forever just by looking at him long enough. The victim will remain stuck until he accepts his fate and stop trying to change his reality. The jutsu was conceived to "save" and teach a lesson for the Uchiha drunk with power after they used Izanagi.
i think the important thing about it is that it doesn't require eye contact. it's lame but important. basically it records every sensation of a particular moment and then forces the opponent to re-experience it over and over until they change their mind.

Quote:
Considering how overpowered those techniques are the author gave them a huge penalty but he didn't realize that the price made his entire story impossible. No one (well except for a bio-engineered freak with a Sharingarm) could use this more than once or else would find himself blind and defenseless. Not much time to get drunk on power nor much of a reason to sacrifice an eye just in case your comrade decides to do it twice.
some of these were uchiha on uchiha crimes so i always assumed they were stealing the eyes of their victims. buuut the anime didn't portray that for some reason. it's the only way that makes sense in order for them to get drunk on power.

Quote:
As far as the filler scene with the Uchiha murdering each other screaming "There can be only one eye!" I didn't get it. Maybe they were fighting over their last slice of pizza.
haha! don't even go near them when there's just one buffalo wing left...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 07:31   Link #1082
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
some of these were uchiha on uchiha crimes so i always assumed they were stealing the eyes of their victims. buuut the anime didn't portray that for some reason. it's the only way that makes sense in order for them to get drunk on power.
The stealing of eyes seems to be a recurring them in the manga, especially in case of the Uchiha clan. Unfortunately the anime team was stupid to make sense of it in this episode. They could have added a part where the winner actually takes the eye of the loser. But if we look at these battles in the episode a bit more then it doesn't make sense again: if we are both Izanagi users and if i were to lose my life against an opponent i would rather use both of my eyes. And that results in both guys becoming blind, and then izangi should be banned and not used in internal fighting because it's extremely wasteful for the clan. Also the anime fails to understand that izanagi has a huge problem: it must be activated before the event you want to erase happens. We know that from the Sasuke vs Danzo fight. Another thing that the anime could have added is the possibility that the winner takes the loser's blind eyes and if they were MS or EMS eyes he could make them usable as hi EMS eyes. In that case even if both become blind by the end of the fight the winner can just take the eye and become an EMS user. Also a simple plot hole: if i want power i would wait for the other 2 guys to make themselves blind and then i would kill them both easily. Therefore izanagi should be a last resort weapon, something similar to nuclear weapons, thus izanagi would be the best deterrent against internal fighting that weakens the clan. But then izanami would not be needed. This episode just made these Uchiha elite look like idiots. The only good thing in the episode was the Uchiha Girl introduced, she was smart (she invented a very cool jutsu) and strong, she controlled the whole fight and she sacrficed here eye for her clan. And such a cool female character is not common in this manga.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 09:09   Link #1083
Rurouni

Wow, I haven't been following Naruto since the last filler break and I just checked the list of manga to anime ratio per episode....can't wait to start again around the holidays :O 2 chapters per episode for a couple of weeks now. It must be old-skool naruto good again now right?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 12:32   Link #1084
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Wasn't one of the Studio Perriot guys asking fans on twitter what they wanted to see for filler about 6-8 months ago? I imagine we are going to have a long filler arc soon since we are tearing through canon.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 13:11   Link #1085
neshru

According to those old Date tweets, filler should start once the volume 63 stuff is done. So that could be as soon as February/March, or maybe in April with the start of the new OP.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 09:32   Link #1086
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 12:39   Link #1087
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I never got the vibe that Onooki was the strongest Kage there from the manga, but I did in the anime. The others would have been toast without him.
Old 2013-11-21, 13:20   Link #1088
Jerseykid

Spoiler for 339:
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 13:25   Link #1089
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I never got the vibe that Onooki was the strongest Kage there from the manga, but I did in the anime. The others would have been toast without him.
I'm not sure how you could have missed that, Oonoki is the obvious and sole MVP against Madara since the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
This fight is like watching a game of tug of war.
You never know which side is going to prevail.
You don't? Madara's entire character is about overwhelming power. The actual pattern of this "tug of war" is the 5 Kage believing they're somewhat succeeding only to discover that Madara is several steps ahead and playing with them. The truth is they've had no chance of victory whatsoever, Madara could have killed them along with all the Alliance within a few seconds if he felt like it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:28   Link #1090
Spelt

Really enjoyed this weeks episode, altough I'm a bit dissapointed with how Madara's perfect susanoo turned out. I wish they had made him look less spectral and more like a real warrior like Komamura's bankai in bleach
Old 2013-11-21, 15:28   Link #1091
Kumagawa

Onoki has to me always come across as amazingly powerful from the casual dispatch of the white Zetsu thing at the five Kage summit, then the first showing of his dust release and then carrying the turtle island to stopping the meteor Madara used.

Honestly I want to know how the 3rd Hokage is supposed to be stronger.

Also when looking at the 3rd Kage's the 4th's and 5th's come off looking really weak.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 20:12   Link #1092
JustRob

Madara is such a badass. Single handedly soloing the five strongest ninja in the world, and not even close to breaking a sweat. I've never seen Sasuke or Itachi use Susanoo so much so easily.
Old 2013-11-21, 21:12   Link #1093
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Madara is such a badass. Single handedly soloing the five strongest ninja in the world, and not even close to breaking a sweat. I've never seen Sasuke or Itachi use Susanoo so much so easily.
We are seeing Madara at his prime, immortal, and with unlimited chakra. There is nothing the Kages can do to him. Even if they sacrificed themselves to kill him, he would just reform in an instant. All they can do is amuse him. To say he is ridiculously broken would be an understatement. The only reason this battle isn't over in five seconds with a meteor shower is due to plot.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2013-11-21 at 21:24.
Old 2013-11-21, 21:25   Link #1094
Jerseykid

can you say they are the 5 strongest ninjas in the world if naruto isn't there?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 05:24   Link #1095
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
We are seeing Madara at his prime, immortal, and with unlimited chakra. There is nothing the Kages can do to him. Even if they sacrificed themselves to kill him, he would just reform in an instant. All they can do is amuse him. To say he is ridiculously broken would be an understatement. The only reason this battle isn't over in five seconds with a meteor shower is due to plot.
Yeah but this is why I love Madara. Next to him, the Kage seem like kids. Madara has been around since pretty much the beginning of time of the ninja world, he was there long before the villages were formed. So he knows everything there is to know about the ninja world, and he has decades of experience in warfare and combat. And it shows.
Old 2013-11-22, 09:55   Link #1096
MagusFyre

With Madara being in his prime I cant help but wonder his fight against Hashirama was. I really hope there's an episode that shows that moment.
MagusFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 10:21   Link #1097
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Madara has been around since pretty much the beginning of time of the ninja world
no, that would be the So6P. there were many generations of ninjas between him and madara.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 12:47   Link #1098
JustRob

Well, okay. I guess not technically since the beginning of time. But hell, Madara was around before anyone else was on the battlefield at this point. He's like a walking history book.
Old 2013-11-22, 23:40   Link #1099
Maxtro

Really good episode.

Funny how when the show isn't crap, it can actually be really good.

Itachi and Sauske finally made up. It took so long to get closure for the story. Unfortunately Sauske is still an idiot.

Madara is so overpowered he should be on Dragon Ball Z.

All that's left if fake Madara.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 23:52   Link #1100
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Madara is so overpowered he should be on Dragon Ball Z.
Even then, I don't think anything short of Super Saiyan 3 Goku or a Fusion warrior (Gotenks, Gogeta, Vegito) would be able to beat him.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion