AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-12, 15:49   Link #1081
Aciald

Or just announce Tatsuya was left on the doorstep. I mean it's been beaten to death that he doesn't look anything like the rest of the family.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 15:50   Link #1082
luffyxnami

Man, I think satou miss a great chance to show koichi's true feeling. Have maya actually said tatsuya and miyuki have different dad, I bet koichi will stand up and be like "who is the father, it's me?" That would have been an interest scene for everyone present.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 15:55   Link #1083
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Or just announce Tatsuya was left on the doorstep. I mean it's been beaten to death that he doesn't look anything like the rest of the family.
I question the sanity of anyone who would leave their newborn child in the care of the Yotsuba.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 15:57   Link #1084
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I question the sanity of anyone who would leave their newborn child in the care of the Yotsuba.
ouch. touche`.
Old 2015-08-12, 16:01   Link #1085
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
To be honest, if he really wanted to avoid the whole incest matter, it would have been better if he had made Maya and Miya cousins and then made it that when Maya claimed that Tatsuya was her son that the was really true. Then there would have been no conflict to the engagement but I think that the author is just using the engagement as means to incite conflict between the characters. For example, Mayumi and Masaki would probably never have done anything otherwise.
I'm starting to wonder myself if this is not about ending the story with a Tatsuya and Miyuki pairing but Satou is using this to force Mayumi and Masaki to act in the story. To force them both to get up and do something other than be passive love interests to the two MCs.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 17:36   Link #1086
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I'm starting to wonder myself if this is not about ending the story with a Tatsuya and Miyuki pairing but Satou is using this to force Mayumi and Masaki to act in the story. To force them both to get up and do something other than be passive love interests to the two MCs.
That is definitely an interesting take of it and a possiblity. He goes to the trouble of writing that Miyuki's DNA has been change so drastically that they couldn't be considered siblings. Goes to the trouble of forming the lie that Maya is Tatsuya's "mother". Why not just actually make Maya his actual mother and skip all the confusion concerning Miyuki's DNA? They both lead to the same thing. Or is he just desperate to keep the incest angle between Miyuki and Tatsuya? Only problem there is changing Miyuki's DNA like that no longer leaves them genetically close enough to be siblings. Cousins would likely be closer related.
Old 2015-08-12, 17:38   Link #1087
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Mayumi is one thing because she has been actively getting enough screen times and we could see the chemistry b/n her and Tatsuya. Hence it is acceptable. In contrast, Masaki just barely interacted with Miyuki. At first i thought he would be introduced as Tat's nemesis but it turned out that he had faded to a background character helping to make Tatsuya conspicuous. It is too late in the game if Satou just throw a sudden WsomethingW to pair them and build their relationship.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 17:57   Link #1088
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
Mayumi is one thing because she has been actively getting enough screen times and we could see the chemistry b/n her and Tatsuya. Hence it is acceptable. In contrast, Masaki just barely interacted with Miyuki. At first i thought he would be introduced as Tat's nemesis but it turned out that he had faded to a background character helping to make Tatsuya conspicuous. It is too late in the game if Satou just throw a sudden WsomethingW to pair them and build their relationship.
There are at least 5 to 10 book still left so more than enough time to even bring in someone new if he wanted to.

This is obviously deliberate, are half-sibling marriages even legal in Japan? Or maybe this is just a mistake by Maya because Tatsorou is so insignificant? I suppose it could be to force them to reveal the truth about Miyuki. I wonder what, if any, consequences that would have.
Old 2015-08-12, 18:27   Link #1089
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
There are at least 5 to 10 book still left so more than enough time to even bring in someone new if he wanted to.

This is obviously deliberate, are half-sibling marriages even legal in Japan? Or maybe this is just a mistake by Maya because Tatsorou is so insignificant? I suppose it could be to force them to reveal the truth about Miyuki. I wonder what, if any, consequences that would have.
You guys tend to forget that Mahouka is fictional, it is stated that cousins can be married so be it.
Old 2015-08-12, 18:56   Link #1090
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
You guys tend to forget that Mahouka is fictional, it is stated that cousins can be married so be it.
The novel is subject to the Bill 156 regulations, even if fictional.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 19:30   Link #1091
Kadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Thanks for the info but with "IF they are presented in “unjustifiably glorified or exaggerated manner.” isn't it subjected to the judgement of law enforcer or related parties? and i don't think Mahouka presented it that way.
Old 2015-08-12, 19:41   Link #1092
Zeborg

No, the bill is irrelevant and doesn't apply in this case. For it to apply, Tatsurou and Maya would have to be married, but as Tatsuya's mother is officially Maya, there is nothing illegal about their situation.

Again, genetically they're only cousins of some degree. Satou did that for exactly reasons like this.

Last edited by Zeborg; 2015-08-12 at 19:53.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 19:44   Link #1093
Echizen777

Maya announced that they are engaged and only a few reacted, not because they can't accept the marriage itself but because of the possible problems their children could have, a marriage is possible at this point.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 20:28   Link #1094
tuckersister

How did the whole Magic Engineering class take the news?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 20:48   Link #1095
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
How did the whole Magic Engineering class take the news?
Mann... go read spoiler,summary or something. It's already state there
Old 2015-08-12, 21:06   Link #1096
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
No, the bill is irrelevant and doesn't apply in this case. For it to apply, Tatsurou and Maya would have to be married, but as Tatsuya's mother is officially Maya, there is nothing illegal about their situation.
Tatsurou and Maya don't need to be married, Tatsuya and Miyuki just need to have the same father to be blood related, which they do because Maya didn't bother to change that little thing in her lie.

Saying that, until Tatsuya loves Miyuki as a woman, they are not in a "lovers relationship" so the author is not glorifying the union.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 21:11   Link #1097
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
This is the bill passed by the city of Tokyo and not by National Diet of Japan.
It may be why Dengeki could push this storyline.
And, I haven't heard any cases where the justice department of Japan prosecuted publishing companies in Japan under this law.

After this law was initiated, some of printing houses rejected the order from Doujinshi that contains incestrous themes, and some adult manga writers made public criticism on this bill because it limits creativity(lol). But since the last year, number of Doujinshi with incestrous themes are slowly coming back. I think, most of them were buried because of Kantai Collection Doujinshi, but they have increased.

So, I don't think, the law will stop the author if he really thinks about Tatsuya x Miyuki.
And, if there is a legal problem, the author will just add another BS and say Tatsuya really was a biological son of Maya or something out of blue to avoid any legal problems.

Besides shipping, I am more interested in elderly man who was at the Yakumo's temple.
And, after reading the summary, I am starting to feel that we may not see Zhou, again if he was only using anti-age magic to keep his young look.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 21:22   Link #1098
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
And, I haven't heard any cases where the justice department of Japan prosecuted publishing companies in Japan under this law.

After this law was initiated, some of printing houses rejected the order from Doujinshi that contains incestrous themes, and some adult manga writers made public criticism on this bill because it limits creativity(lol). But since the last year, number of Doujinshi with incestrous themes are slowly coming back. I think, most of them were buried because of Kantai Collection Doujinshi, but they have increased.

So, I don't think, the law will stop the author if he really thinks about Tatsuya x Miyuki.
And, if there is a legal problem, the author will just add another BS and say Tatsuya really was a biological son of Maya or something out of blue to avoid any legal problems.

Besides shipping, I am more interested in elderly man who was at the Yakumo's temple.
And, after reading the summary, I am starting to feel that we may not see Zhou, again if he was only using anti-age magic to keep his young look.
I asked about this whole incest in fictional works issue and its not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
OK, in regards to the last one, let me explain:

There's nothing in the law that says authors nor publishers can't make use of the incest trope as they still want to hold on to the idea of protecting a creator's freedom of expression. What the law is trying to prohibit are the works that glorify or depict incest in a positive light. Yosuga no Sora didn't fall under the ban hammer for example because it delved into the negative implications and consequences of engaging in such a union; OreImo managed to dance around it through the use of heavy implication and by adding Manami to act as the voice of reasonable society, and since Mahouka decided to add Minoru to show why outright inbreeding is a problem, and showed Miyuki anguishing over the fact that she realizes her feelings are improper--I say Mahouka is safe.
So I've read all the spoilers I could find and it was mentioned that students are talking about Tatsuya and Miyuki behind their backs. Can anyone give some details as to what they're saying specifically?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 21:30   Link #1099
Ultragunner

Quote:

Yeah, I'm also very interested in the elderly man, perhaps he is a master of some ancient school of magic?
Old 2015-08-12, 21:33   Link #1100
Aciald

Quote:

I am less worried about legal issues than wondering why keep the same father. Maya's plan seemed to center on making people think Tatsuya and Miyuki were not directly related so it seems an odd choice to me. It seems so deliberate that I am just wondering what the point of it is.

I am curious about the guy at the temple but honestly there isn't much to go on. Just have to wait and see if he pops up again.

Tags
political intrigue