Quote:
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-13 at 01:31. Reason: Tagged comparison
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:26   Link #1082
Miraluka
Banned

Well, at least imouto left less "oni-sama" this week, right?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 21:31   Link #1083
Enternal

I know a lot of people will dislike Hanzo but he's much much better than Morisaki. He has sound reasons as to why he thinks the way he is. Morisaki on the other hand is just... "WELL I'M SUPERIOR BECAUSE I HAVE A CANNABIS LEAF LOOKY THINGY ON MY ARMS."

Of course, I'm still more of a fan of Mayumi at this point. There are some hints of her true nature that are sort of leaking out.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:06   Link #1084
venshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I know a lot of people will dislike Hanzo but he's much much better than Morisaki. He has sound reasons as to why he thinks the way he is. Morisaki on the other hand is just... "WELL I'M SUPERIOR BECAUSE I HAVE A CANNABIS LEAF LOOKY THINGY ON MY ARMS."

Of course, I'm still more of a fan of Mayumi at this point. There are some hints of her true nature that are sort of leaking out.
but still it felt good for my side to watch hanzo being unconscious against onii-sama

but still I cannot deny to what hanzo said that muyuki has favoritism towards her onii-sama
Old 2014-04-12, 22:07   Link #1085
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That... that was a fight I guess?

All that drama about crappy practical skills and the MC one-shots the generic mook anyway. Whelp.

Otherwise this episode much the same as last week for me, only with already notable degradation in it's technical aspects. For such a dialogue heavy series, the writing doesn't exactly do much to carry it. At least Tatsuya can crack a joke once in awhile so that's something. Mari is probably the character I like most at the present, a sensible enough person who clearly has spunk. Oh and I guess we can add that Honoka girl to what it will most likely be Tatsuya's growing fangirl fanclub.

As far as the terminology is concerned, the anime does throw quite a bit you, but most of them aren't anything you couldn't figure out from the context. For example form what I have gathered Pisons are essentially the MP/mana/magic power/spirit power/aura/whatever of the series. CADs are modernized mediums where magic is channeled and controlled. Basically all commonplace magic stuff.

There is more obtuse stuff like Singularity or whatever that means in that means in this show's context. But I don't think would affect my enjoyment or lack thereof if I knew.

If want LN readers to respond to this shouldn't you just post that in LN sub-form?
I almost protested on reflex, then I re-watched the fight and..... Yeah, thats pretty much what it looks like, isn't it?

I'm hoping this follows the manga's footsteps and we get the run-down of what actually happened next time, otherwise this is going to look much more shonen-esque than its supposed to....
Old 2014-04-12, 22:19   Link #1086
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
If want LN readers to respond to this shouldn't you just post that in LN sub-form?
That would attract spoiler, i believe..
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:22   Link #1087
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Definitely a definition of a badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm hoping this follows the manga's footsteps and we get the run-down of what actually happened next time, otherwise this is going to look much more shonen-esque than its supposed to....
Yup. That's what I'm expecting too or else this might leave a bad taste to the viewers.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:26   Link #1088
Rava

Episode 2 feels like it defined the term "Trolling" in so many ways. ^_^

I think I liked it the most when Tatsuya's in a state of shock from Mari's pick. You could practically feel Mari and Mayumi grinning evilly in the background at his feeble objections.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:42   Link #1089
Enternal

Tatsuya is in such a difficult position though. Mayumi knows something about Tatsuya and wants him in. Mari does not know much about it yet but is perfectly fine with having Tatsuya in. Tatsuya DOES NOT want to be in. Miyuki wants him in. Tatsuya's objections are getting overthrown by Mayumi and Mari. To protect Miyuki's "truth", Tatsuya must rise up and prove his strength which will in turn makes Mayumi and Mari wants him in even more!!

He's can't win. He may have won the battle but he lost the war to Mayumi and Mari.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 22:46   Link #1090
Pesti13nce

My only gripe with this series much like the Manga and LN..... The man is such a god damn bad ass.... I mean...he...oy he's a beast....
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:03   Link #1091
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I almost protested on reflex, then I re-watched the fight and..... Yeah, thats pretty much what it looks like, isn't it?

For what it's worth, I suspect shenanigans were all abound in that duel.

It's not like I wasn't expecting him to beat Hanzo anyway given his implied military background (onehit KO was a bit much though). I'm just not sure why his practical skill suppose to suck. It doesn't look it will affect his future disciplinary work in the end given this performance. It just makes all the fuss earlier frivolous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
My only gripe with this series much like the Manga and LN..... The man is such a god damn bad ass.... I mean...he...oy he's a beast....
Eh, I don't get it. You seem to like that so how is it a gripe again?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-13 at 00:01.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:06   Link #1092
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Btw, I see some comments on the show and would like novel readers explain their view on this without spoiler...
I highly advise you to ask that in Spoiler-restricted Q&A thread instead. That thread was created for anime-only viewers who want to ask some question without unnecessary spoiler.

btw, this episode seems better than the last but still little boring. want more Erika I hope we finally get some detailed explanations (Prof. Tat's lecture) next week. tbh, that's what makes me a Mahouka's fan beside Erika

Last edited by CatRules; 2014-04-12 at 23:17.
CatRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:17   Link #1093
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I highly advise you to ask that in Spoiler-restricted Q&A thread instead. That thread was created for anime-only viewers who want to ask some question without unnecessary spoiler.
ok. thanks for it.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:21   Link #1094
Valky
Radioactive

Wut? It's gone .. Tatsuya's inner monologue .. wth?
Old 2014-04-12, 23:22   Link #1095
MCAL

Exposition heavy episode, but I liked it. I admit, I even laughed at Tatsuya's joke.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:27   Link #1096
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
All that secret stuff about Tatsuya is making me think he is like what happen when you combine Sousuke Sagara with Lelouch, Jason Bourne and Tony Stark.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:29   Link #1097
ginger02

Tatsuya: "Don't I have any say in this?"
You're the protagonist of a harem story, of course you don't.

lol this show is really funny sometimes, I like the humor.

And yeah, it felt good to see VP get beaten like that. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just a jerk. I thought he was the brown haired guy in the beginning. I wonder if one of them is the same guy in the red in the OP?

I wonder if the president is evil or has an ulterior motive. No one can be that perfect right? And those eyes, RED eyes. Always evil, always. Or at least secretly psycho.

Anyway, more interesting than episode 1. Still not hooked, but interested enough to check out next week.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:16   Link #1098
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The discrimination is so strong that your social status in the outside world apparently has no influence. That's quite unlike anything I've ever seen in reality. There's a fundamental gap in explanation that's missing in this social phenomenon that requires a bit more explanation than what we can logically deduce.
Actually it is fairly easy to logically continue and spin a theory for what happens outside the school. Morisaki and his proud boasting of family should provide enough of an hint. It is more than likely that many of the course 1 students come from influential families (inheriting their superior affinity for practical magic from generation to generation), meaning that some of their superior attitude has been instilled by their families and surroundings. It's also fairly easy to imagine that through their superior practical skills and the teaching support they get, course 1 students are more likely to get into the university, meaning that they'll probably end up with the high-valued jobs. And through their family and school connections it is also possible that some nepotism and elitism is going on, with those people refusing to consider former course 2 students for "elite" jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelus View Post
I didn't like the first 2 episodes, mainly because of the fact that they skipped over a lot of important explanations that should be in it, like the stuff about CAD and more specifically the explanation about the difference between blooms and weeds also wasn't made clear, as well as how magic works in this world
All of this are in the chibi explanation specials called "Yoku wakaru Mahouka!"
Old 2014-04-13, 01:16   Link #1099
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
Not a problem with me.

Since I have read the novels and the manga I was waiting for the duel scene at the end of ep 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it when it arrived.

It will be very interesting for me to see what the studio will do next ep with the aftermath, I think it will give me a sort of set of parameters of what to expect from the series as a whole.
Old 2014-04-13, 02:45   Link #1100
kukuru

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-04-13 at 03:50. Reason: Please use spoiler tags for all comparisons, or better yet go to the Novel-anime comparison thread
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural