AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-15, 10:24   Link #1081
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Will they actually kill Sharon? I think they're going to go with a very serious but ultimately treatable disease. Like a brain tumor or cancer. I can't really imagine anybody dying in this series.
Old 2013-06-15, 10:45   Link #1082
ookamigirl

Hibito is finally back.
It nice that everything went well.
They were feeling the change in gravity though.
While Hibito was resting, Mutta was working hard.
Amanti's prophecy put Mutta in worry mode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:04   Link #1083
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Will they actually kill Sharon? I think they're going to go with a very serious but ultimately treatable disease. Like a brain tumor or cancer. I can't really imagine anybody dying in this series.
Brian Jay says "Hey!"
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:10   Link #1084
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He died before the series started so that doesn't really count.
Old 2013-06-15, 11:45   Link #1085
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I feared for Apo's life there myself.

Quote:
If it is indeed multiple sclerosis, that can be a horrible debilitating disease that worsens over many years. From what I know of people who have serious MS, while Sharon might not die, she might sometimes wish that she could.

Better a brain tumor which can be treated through surgery.

Any other guesses? Obviously the sweat on her phone is supposed to be indicative of something, but what? A search for her symptoms brings up the possibility of diabetic neuropathy. While that is not a reversible condition, its progression can be slowed by treatment and dietary changes. if it is mononeuropathy, her prospects seem brighter.

Quote:
Sometimes mononeuropathy occurs when a nerve is compressed. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common type of compression neuropathy in people with diabetes.

Signs and symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include:

- Numbness or tingling in your fingers or hand, especially in your thumb, index finger, middle finger and ring finger
- A sense of weakness in your hand and a tendency to drop things

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-06-15 at 11:59.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:45   Link #1086
cyth
Banned

I hoped it would be Apo ...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 17:51   Link #1087
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely worried about Sharon now and figuring out what exactly the illness is going to be. Certainly if she died it would be a terrible hit for Mutta and Hibito. Though of course they are pulling Serika into it so we can just keep dialing up the people who are going to be hurt by whatever the news is. Will cross my fingers that it will be something that can be treated, but you never know.

Could go a route of making the desire to build Sharon's telescope even deeper. Definitely a downer of an episode and the uncertainty just makes it more uncomfortable.
Old 2013-06-15, 21:52   Link #1088
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though of course they are pulling Serika into it so we can just keep dialing up the people who are going to be hurt by whatever the news is.
Remember why Serika wants to be an astronaut -- she wants to do medical research in zero-G to find cures that wouldn't be possible on Earth. Sharon's illness could become a motivating factor for her.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 22:55   Link #1089
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Remember why Serika wants to be an astronaut -- she wants to do medical research in zero-G to find cures that wouldn't be possible on Earth. Sharon's illness could become a motivating factor for her.
That's true. Sharon suffering from some illness they can't cure right now would be another big motivation for Serika. Really it just ties in well with a few character's motivations for going into space.
Old 2013-06-15, 23:04   Link #1090
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
It seems quite possible she'll have the same disease Serika's father passed away from. The coincidences are running hot and heavy ATM.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 23:47   Link #1091
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't think that's DM neuropathy. She would have had chronic uncontrolled/untreated hyperglycemia for years to even have that, not to mention that she'd would have shown sensory neuropathic changes (tingling in the extremities, loss of sensation, etc.) before dysautonomia.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 01:01   Link #1092
cyth
Banned

Somebody did his research. But I agree, maybe they'll bring Serika in to treat her.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 01:34   Link #1093
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

My first thought was ALS, aka "Lou Gehrig's Disease" or "motor neuron disease." It's what Stephen Hawking has, although most people don't survive with it for multiple decades the way he's done. MS is also a possibility.

And yeah, I remember Serika's father having something similar.

So we could have Serika going into space for Sharon, along with Mutta and Hibito, who are sure to build her lunar telescope. NASA doesn't need recruiters any more. They can just hire her.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 02:17   Link #1094
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That probably isn't Amytropic Lateral Sclerosis since ALS/Lou Gherig's disease is almost always exclusively a motor dysfunction with little, if any, degeneration of sensory and autonomic pathways.

MS is questionable because MS is episodic and usually starts earlier in life. It can be the late onset type, but the neurologic symptoms are really broad depending where the acute attacks hits and leaves its plaque.

Aaaaaaand this is what happens when I watch the episode during a break while I study for my licensure exams...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:38   Link #1095
kitten320

I don't think Sharon will die even though it would have an even bigger impact than Hibito's death, but it will bring some drama.
Old 2013-06-17, 18:53   Link #1096
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

New ASCANs:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/17/na...alf-are-women/
Old 2013-06-17, 19:46   Link #1097
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Holy moly: Is this show actually going to go to a darker place and off someone? I have a feeling though Sharon probably will be cured....
Old 2013-06-17, 20:30   Link #1098
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If this were an American show where kids are expected to be in the audience, I'd say no. But having watched Kemono no Sou-ja Erin, another show that targets a younger audience, I'd say all bets are off when it comes to shows produced in Japan.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 04:24   Link #1099
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In a country where Hunter X Hunter can air on Sunday morning, all bets are pretty much off.
Old 2013-06-18, 12:40   Link #1100
Kirarakim

Well I still dislike the Amanti fortune telling nonsense, I am glad what she saw had nothing to do with Mutta's career specifically.

Quite honestly whether Sharon lives or dies I don't think that makes the show "darker". I don't think a character death is needed in this series. However I can see Sharon dying which would push Mutta even more to make her dreams come true.

I can also see Sharon's illness being something specifically related to Serika's medical research.

Tags
science fiction, seinen