AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2015-11-10, 17:06   Link #1081
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
the biggest flop of the arc is the Soul King entity: doesn't talk, doesn't quite live, doesn't think...shouldn't exist.
In all fairness, Aizen did give us a pretty decent heads up about this a long time ago when he referred to the soul king as "that thing". Can't really disagree with your other points though. lol

Although I will say that Kubo really did drop the ball when it came to Orihime. Because if anyone had a practical answer to the infinite lasting effects of Aizen's hypnosis, it was (and still should be) her--which could've been awesome.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 00:44   Link #1082
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I

Although I will say that Kubo really did drop the ball when it came to Orihime. Because if anyone had a practical answer to the infinite lasting effects of Aizen's hypnosis, it was (and still should be) her--which could've been awesome.
Even if she was being used as bait Aizen did have this whole speech on how she can reject God's will and is actually OP but it went nowhere. In fact along with Chad a lot of Ichigo's non Shinigami friends got the shaft and lost relevance. The only reason Ishida is important now is due to the fact that this arc deals with the Quincy.

The Quincy are boring and completely forgettable.
Old 2015-11-11, 08:06   Link #1083
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
In all fairness, Aizen did give us a pretty decent heads up about this a long time ago when he referred to the soul king as "that thing". Can't really disagree with your other points though. lol

Keep in mind Tousen was also immune to Aizen's hynosis as he was blind and Shinji also had a solution but he ruined it by revealing his power to Aizen. Orihime isn't the only offender but you do have a point about being essentially dropping the ball that Orihime couldn't just simply use her powers to stop Aizen. The whole Espada arc would have been over in a few chapters if they Orihime use on the Hogyoku or Aizen himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Even if she was being used as bait Aizen did have this whole speech on how she can reject God's will and is actually OP but it went nowhere. In fact along with Chad a lot of Ichigo's non Shinigami friends got the shaft and lost relevance. The only reason Ishida is important now is due to the fact that this arc deals with the Quincy.

The Quincy are boring and completely forgettable.
At least they are not the Uchiha or the Uzumaki of Naruto fame as they essentially took over the manga at the end of the series. The Quincy haven't really been all that relevant anyway as they mostly got wiped out by the Soul Society.
Old 2015-11-12, 17:06   Link #1084
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Keep in mind Tousen was also immune to Aizen's hynosis as he was blind and Shinji also had a solution but he ruined it by revealing his power to Aizen. Orihime isn't the only offender but you do have a point about being essentially dropping the ball that Orihime couldn't just simply use her powers to stop Aizen.
I'm not really sure how Shinji's shikai would have made a difference in the end, but even though Tousen's blindness made him immune, that's something that was only limited to him (as one of the antagonists no less). So it was of no use to the good guys. My point being Orihime is probably the only one capable of dispelling hypnosis from those already affected--which amounts to most of the Gotei 13. So if she couldn't destroy the hogyoku (which I can understand Kubo not opting for given the fact that he wanted Aizen to live), it would've been a nice alternative to at least let her play an integral role in defeating Aizen. Its there where I felt the ball was dropped.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 12:38   Link #1085
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'm still pissed off over Unohana getting the shaft for Kenny.
Old 2015-11-14, 01:04   Link #1086
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
I'm not really sure how Shinji's shikai would have made a difference in the end, but even though Tousen's blindness made him immune, that's something that was only limited to him (as one of the antagonists no less). So it was of no use to the good guys. My point being Orihime is probably the only one capable of dispelling hypnosis from those already affected--which amounts to most of the Gotei 13. So if she couldn't destroy the hogyoku (which I can understand Kubo not opting for given the fact that he wanted Aizen to live), it would've been a nice alternative to at least let her play an integral role in defeating Aizen. Its there where I felt the ball was dropped.
You may have a point but I do agree about Orihime, Kubo could had done something to make sure Orihime would had been the one to dispel the hypnosis while Ichigo cvould had finished him off. I wonder if Shinji could had used his Shikai on himself to dispel the hypnosis?
Old 2016-07-02, 10:10   Link #1087
DMurphy

I feel like the Sternritter would be more interesting if there were much, much fewer of them.

Part of the reason the Gotei 13 and the Espada worked as villain groups is that there weren't that many of them. There are twenty-seven Sternritter, though. I can't remember all of those, nor do I care to try.

I feel like the arc could have been told a lot better if there were, say, eight - Ishida, Haschwalth, Bazz-B, As Nodt, Giselle, Lille, Royd, and Pernida.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 11:18   Link #1088
Vajra
So Like A Rose

The Sternritter would be taken a lot more seriously if they weren't such a glorified red shirt army, even the Arrancar were written so we would feel SOMETHING about them, there's only like 2 Quincies if that I even care about, and they're probably dead. Also the plotholes...
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 23:55   Link #1089
Ultragunner

“What went wrong with Bleach?" u may ask?

Now that Bleach is ending soon, I have the time to look back at how the series has progressed.

If I have to say, then the answer woud be the Hueco Mundo arc, that was when everything in Bleach started to run downhill with no brake.

The arc seems like a complete rip off of the Soul Society arc (which is excellent IMO). But then the Hueco Mundo arc kicks off with Orihime getting "abducted" by Aizen for....no particular reason. Was he trying to divide the Gotei 13 captains from the beginning or something? Hard to say since it was never clearly stated.
In addition, the Hueco Mundo arc also started a trend that I dislike in Bleach: there are so many meaningless fights with so many disposable characters.

One of the reasons why the Soul Society arc is great is because we were introduced with a very big, diverse and interesting cast, and everyone seemed to have their on agenda

Another thing that has bugged me to no end is the abrupt transition to the Fake Karakura Arc. There was no build up at all, Aizem at first seems to have caught the Gotei 13 off guard, but it turns out that Shinigami has also made tons of preparation OFF SCREEN to the point of creating an entire fake town (to...deceive Aizen? Everybody im their right mind would know that the guy ain't gonna fall for that)

The same thing also repeat in this last arc where right after Ichigo return to SS, he immediately has to go back to the Royal Palace following Juha (WUT!!???)

*sign* there are many many more that I can think of, but this is it for this post
Old 2016-07-04, 00:06   Link #1090
Klard
The cilvilain

The quincies are too op, how the hell they could be defeated before ?
Old 2016-07-04, 00:17   Link #1091
AntonKutovoi

Bleach was good till Aizen. After that it's all went downhill. Too many fights with the same structure and too little content in between.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 03:38   Link #1092
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Aizen seems to be the major problem but he is actually one the many problems with the anime/manga.
Old 2016-07-04, 05:18   Link #1093
LevelSeven

the total boring villian :I

aizen had a bigger gole, or at least he wanted to be the master of everything but ywach already is the controller of the world and why does he hate ichigo and co so much?

he even goes through time to the happiest moments of everyones life and destroys it -_-

either way, i really hope they will make a sequal, or they will simply destroy ywach with a big FRIENDSHIP IS POWER!!!!!-shot :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 15:08   Link #1094
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

"Not enough Aizen."

Question answered. We can close the thread now.
Old 2016-07-05, 15:06   Link #1095
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
"Not enough Aizen."
Don't forget tea!
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 20:17   Link #1096
nfsac

I think things went bad on the very start when we started the soul society arc, we got almost no more of the basic job of a shinigami, instead we changed focus to a pure super powers fight series. The series kinda dragged itself along the way and now author just wanna end it.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 21:11   Link #1097
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
I think things went bad on the very start when we started the soul society arc, we got almost no more of the basic job of a shinigami, instead we changed focus to a pure super powers fight series. The series kinda dragged itself along the way and now author just wanna end it.
Originally, that arc was supposed to happen later, and Kubo wanted to develop powers for Keigo, Tatsuki and Mizuiro, but executive meddling happened.
Old 2016-07-05, 22:43   Link #1098
lordstarkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Originally, that arc was supposed to happen later, and Kubo wanted to develop powers for Keigo, Tatsuki and Mizuiro, but executive meddling happened.
Thank god for that. That all Bleach needs is three more useless friends of Ichigo get powers and never really doing anything other than "Ichigo you go on ahead I will take this guy". winning and the getting one shoted.
lordstarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-07, 22:50   Link #1099
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Die bleach you don't belong in this world anymore.
Old 2016-07-09, 20:02   Link #1100
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Looking back now in retrospect...Aizen had a lot of charisma to him as a character. He was OP but at the same time, he at least had a personality.

Ywach is basically, 'I KILL EVERYONE CUZ FUCK YOU THATS WHY'.