AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-26, 11:32   Link #1081
Alchemist007
*Author

It sucks to think how much work you're putting after the endgame and still not leveling past 50.
Old 2013-09-26, 15:42   Link #1082
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It sucks to think how much work you're putting after the endgame and still not leveling past 50.
Lol must've felt like life is suddenly without a purpose... you've reached the light, but it's not letting you through!

Personally I'm not in a big hurry to level up. I'm enjoying the game immensely as it is.

There's always the possibility they'll introduce a new level cap with each major patch/expansion release. But I'm still trying to figure out what I can get out of this game once I've hit lvl 50, if I plan to stay with it for the long haul...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:23   Link #1083
Alchemist007
*Author

I stopped leveling my DOWs when i decided to try goldsmithing. Now I'm at lvl 30 without wind shards. Guess it's back to DOW for a while
Old 2013-09-26, 17:32   Link #1084
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm desperately trying to decide which of my characters I can stick with and at least just idle the other ones because it seems more and more clear the system is really against my preferred mode of multiple characters/personalities. It drives me to "all jobs" because of the inability to trade things between characters without a mule (coupled with the completely ridiculous way people are selling things on the market thanks to the market design 5000 newbie level fire shards for a zillion gil and oh, you can only sell 20 things or whatever ... and you can't buy partial stacks).

Makes me wonder why they even offered more than one slot per world some nights.

Problem is I like all my characters.

I'm not in any particular hurry to cap out on DoW. I'm enjoying discovering new maps,new puzzles, watching new cutscenes ... I've only run into a 'screw you for wanting to enjoy the dungeon" crew once (but that is likely to increase as more of the population has run the same dungeon too many times). They may need to upgrade the kind of rewards for tolerating a first timer or someone trying a new class.

I haven't played at all the last few days -- RL projects took precedence (plus I've been running with only one contact lense to let the other eye get over an irritation and that makes for terrible strain trying to play a game).
Old 2013-09-27, 14:36   Link #1085
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The language barrier is one reason why it is so difficult to coordinate in Cutter's Cry.

I had a JP healer and tank twice and barely scraped through. Aside from marking the Myrmidion Queen's Marshal to kill with a first-time DPS, and I had a hard time getting the healer to stack on the Chimera. Even saying "Follow Me" in autotranslate doesn't exactly work.

Until I told him/her to "hug onto me". I hope the person isn't male IRL.

At least it is still better than tanks who don't dodge AOE/cone, melee-DPS who don't use limit break on the boss, and healers who don't cast Protect.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 17:18   Link #1086
Iron Maw
Banned

This came from TGS it's couple days old, but it's nice for the detail either way:

Overview 2.1

Quote:
1 new dungeon: Pharos Sirius
2 hard mode existing dungeons,
wolfs den
crystal tower
housing in all 3 areas (380 customizing items)
barber shop
Something called mog battles (really hard lvl 50 content)
rewards for using random matching (more tombs to help people catch up to pre-made teams)
Treasure hunt (easy and hard mode)
Beastmen daily quests (make communications with them. can do solo or party)
Extreme mode Ifrit,Garuda,Titan
FXIII Lightning fate will be available 1 week after XIII launch (11/14)
- They showed a video, looks like she helps you in the FATEs (i'm sure video will be up shortly)
Coil of Bahamut will be updating continuously
Once newer levels of Coils of Bahamut come out, the previous levels will give bonus' and buffs to you if you die a lot (like story mode, etc..). This was said to help people that don't play as often as extremists, so everyone can access content. Current max level will still be ultra hard.

Crystal Tower will have nostalgic bosses from FF3
Will be 24 man (3 separate groups)
Will have content where you are mostly split up, but must come together at parts to complete a task and continue on.
Will have a dungeon first, in order to actually reach the tower dungeon (similar to FF3)
90-120 minutes long
Looking into item level restrictions (currently around Titan HM level items)
Gear drops will be similar to FF3 (gave the FUMA as an example, and said that googling FF3 crystal tower will give you a good idea)
Monster's abilities will also be similar to FF3 (google them)

Houseing:
Can customize roofs,walls,fences,windows,wall paper etc...
He wouldn't answer the question on price (will leave that until last minute)
Can grow gysahl greens in a garden and raise chocobos
Basement workshops (in FC housing)
All DoH,DoL,DoW,DoM will be involved in housing items. example was culinarian making food to put on a table, or someone making books to go on the shelves)

PVP:
4 on 4
Levels 30/40/50
PvP exclusive abilities
Special PvP gear shown (golden PLD lion, Deer looking SMN, Swan looking WHM, black DRG with red waist cape thing)
Duty finder vs. duty finder. Pre-made vs. pre-made
PvP skills to include more ways to handle debuffs (ie: sleep)
1 on 1 specific locations

http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/ff14-t...2-1-info.7507/
Hope buffs for Coils can be toggled off and on.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 22:45   Link #1087
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I WANT HOUSING. Now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-09-28, 02:29   Link #1088
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Spoiler for spoilers if you play with JP voice:
Thats... quite alot of regular well-known seiyuus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I WANT HOUSING. Now.
Just wait for the patch... Though yeah, some of us wanted housing...
Old 2013-09-28, 03:35   Link #1089
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Housing gonna cost a fortune(the personal housing one). Hope you get those gil saved up :P
Old 2013-09-28, 05:23   Link #1090
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

God i hope the cost of a house isnt too damn ridiculous!
Old 2013-09-28, 05:35   Link #1091
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Housing gonna cost a fortune(the personal housing one). Hope you get those gil saved up :P
Time to farm gil and sell.

Old 2013-09-28, 05:40   Link #1092
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

If it costs more than a million for a house thats gonna be pretty F'ed up!

Also i heard a while ago you can also sell houses? im not sure if that was legit, but if the market prices changes on houses that would add a whole lot of layers to the game, not sure if it would actually work in game though lol
Old 2013-09-28, 05:55   Link #1093
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That could be a whole market ... designing custom houses and then selling them.
Old 2013-09-28, 06:22   Link #1094
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That could be a whole market ... designing custom houses and then selling them.
Simulating the subprime crisis isn't a part of the game!

Old 2013-09-28, 07:54   Link #1095
Helius

I've read somewhere the dev team reckoned around 3 times the average gil of a lvl 50 to buy a house. So that's what, 200k gil x 3, roughly?

I'm against selling houses, though. What's annoying is that more people are already selling lvl 30 gears at 2 digit prices at the marketplace when these ought to cost upwards of 1k gil.

Since this isn't RL, some people just like to troll the hell out of the in-game economy...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 08:16   Link #1096
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
What's annoying is that more people are already selling lvl 30 gears at 2 digit prices at the marketplace when these ought to cost upwards of 1k gil.
story of my life i was making 50k a day before some loser started selling the item for 70, when i was selling between 300-350gil, and he hasnt stopped either! i think his a damn bot who teleports from node to node while stealthed!

Only heard of those kinds of cheats working on FFXIV today
Old 2013-09-28, 12:34   Link #1097
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
I've read somewhere the dev team reckoned around 3 times the average gil of a lvl 50 to buy a house. So that's what, 200k gil x 3, roughly?

I'm against selling houses, though. What's annoying is that more people are already selling lvl 30 gears at 2 digit prices at the marketplace when these ought to cost upwards of 1k gil.

Since this isn't RL, some people just like to troll the hell out of the in-game economy......
How can I get a 30 year loan in game?

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-09-28 at 12:47.
Old 2013-09-29, 08:37   Link #1098
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyone have the date for that patch 2.1? When will it come out?

I hope my retainer will have a spot to stay in our houses through, and dress her too. Kinda suck that we only met her strictly for work-related matter

PS: and hope that i can afford a 2.5 tatami-mat room before my gil run out.
Old 2013-09-29, 12:07   Link #1099
kyp275
Meh

2.1 is slated for november IIRC.

Don't know about your specific server, but a good money maker for DoW/M who doesn't want to get into gathering/crafting would be to farm philosophy tomes and sell the crafting ingredients - ie. coke, potash etc.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:05   Link #1100
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Yeah, that works fairly well. A couple of folks in my FC don't need darklight anymore, so they've been selling the crafting materials from the tomestone vendor.

Tags
mmorpg