Old 2014-12-20, 17:50   Link #1061
Kaito Yamakage

八男って、それはないでしょう! 

The final battle is over~ finally.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2014-12-24, 10:43   Link #1062
bludvein

Spoiler for 黒の星眷使い ~世界最強の星眷使いの弟子~:
MC continues to be ridiculously overpowered, but I'm beginning to like this series. Updating daily is a nice plus too.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 13:38   Link #1063
tonyorobsky

Ryujin servant is free to live! 龍神な僕は、自由に生きる! Was in the first page of narou rankings

A teenage guy who is reincarnated in a fantasy world...
But reincarnated as a dragon... THE dragon!!! The dragons are the pinacles of all beings in this world, and he is THE dragon ABOVE ALL DRAGONS!! A legendary existence close to a god!!
Watch him as he discover his dragon abilities and decide to live among the humans

I'm not a fan of broken/ultimate/invincible protagonists
But it was better than I though. I recommand this to you as a christmas gift .
Enjoy yourselves tonight!!!!
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 14:58   Link #1064
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

黒の星眷使い ~世界最強の星眷使いの弟子~ is not a bad but not extremely good, 8 out of 10 maybe?
Definitely hoping more from it!
嫌われ剣士の異世界転生記
Spoiler for Didn't prepare that...:

seriously, didn't expect that as Christmas present (I thought that former noble girl is enough)...... well, can't deny I'm expecting for the despair and re:awaken moment in the next chapter, but still...... T^T
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 18:09   Link #1065
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
嫌われ剣士の異世界転生記

seriously, didn't expect that as Christmas present (I thought that former noble girl is enough)...... well, can't deny I'm expecting for the despair and re:awaken moment in the next chapter, but still...... T^T
黒の星眷使い ~世界最強の星眷使いの弟子~
Pretty much my take on it as well. 7/10 or so, with potential to improve.

嫌われ剣士の異世界転生記
Ahh, one of those series where when the protagonist actually gets a nice stretch of life the author just goes "NOPE!" and bitchslaps him.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-24 at 18:31.
Old 2014-12-24, 23:38   Link #1066
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
嫌われ剣士の異世界転生記

Goddamn it!! T.T!! Why!!!??? Yashiro!! My sweet girl!!! Damn it~~~! His christmas present turned out to be a horror box in disguise!! The author is cruel and sadistic!! Urgugay~~! Please make a miracle happen!!............
On a side note, turn out there is a spin off version or a collarboration to be exact betyween Blade Online MC and Urgugay fighting each other~~!.... Wonder which of it is a the real Cristmas present.......
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 08:54   Link #1067
bakato

Anyone remember that series about the 200 year-old wizard neet who enrolls in magic school? It wasn't very well known so finding raws were impossible, but alphapolis started a manga.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-12-25 at 09:19.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 09:10   Link #1068
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Anyone remember that series about the 200 year-old wizard neet who enrolls in magic school? It wasn't very well knwon so finding raws were impossible, but alphapolis started a manga.
we already had some discussion back on page 29.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 09:42   Link #1069
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

An update on嫌われ剣士の異世界転生記! Hah! Turn out the real present was......Rex's death?!?! Not Yashiro?!?! Goddamn it!! So either way is a death flag....T.T my poor Rex!!!!
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 11:53   Link #1070
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
Ryujin servant is free to live! 龍神な僕は、自由に生きる! Was in the first page of narou rankings

A teenage guy who is reincarnated in a fantasy world...
But reincarnated as a dragon... THE dragon!!! The dragons are the pinacles of all beings in this world, and he is THE dragon ABOVE ALL DRAGONS!! A legendary existence close to a god!!
Watch him as he discover his dragon abilities and decide to live among the humans

I'm not a fan of broken/ultimate/invincible protagonists
But it was better than I though. I recommand this to you as a christmas gift .
Enjoy yourselves tonight!!!!
This is like the exact opposite of Sayonara Ryuusei, both in plot and writing which is simple and short. The excessive use of "!" got kinda annoying though, edit: oh it got a lot better on later chapter, now there's proper dialogue without drowning in exclamation.

Last edited by laon; 2014-12-25 at 23:06.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 19:10   Link #1071
bludvein

I think I'm just going to give up on 灰色の勇者は人外道を歩み続ける. It's that one with the protagonist gets screwed over and summoned to a hell continent in a Cast Away situation(only much worse).

Anyway, it started well. I liked the concept of how he had to work for his powers even with the cheats he was given. Unfortunately, I don't think even the author really knew what he wanted to do with it once he got done with the prologue. So far we've had an additional prologue for the other 11 summoned heroes, which wasn't really long enough to make us care about them or all that interesting to begin with. Once that was done, we got some kind of episodic interlude deal during the MC's hermit life. Really, the readers just wanted to get to the actual story by that point.

It was supposed to switch over to some kind of weekly update, but that was 2 weeks ago so you see how that went.
Old 2014-12-28, 13:58   Link #1072
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

The result of Overlap x Narou final round contest is out and World Teacher got the Gold Prize award, which mean green-lit for publication~
Old 2014-12-28, 14:28   Link #1073
tonyorobsky

Here are a few other recommandations:

Large, and out Zhang! 大・出・張!
A bunch of japanese civilians (1 salaryman (protag), 1 wrestler, 1 arcade game clerc, 1 college woman, 1 high school girl, 1 elementary school girl) are thrown in another world due to a mysterious event. In this world they encounter a monster, the salaryman use himself as bait to save the others, and he is saved by a knight. They explain things to each other and all understand that there was a big event for both worlds. In the other world there are jobs (available from 15yo), while the others got known jobs our salaryman got the knew unknown job "Salaryman". Story of the (badass?) salaryman in another world Serious, heartwarming, funny (mostly due to the salaryman skills)

If you have a robot fighting game, was trip to fantasy system different world ロボット対戦ゲームをしていたら、ファンタジー系異世界にトリップしました
A guy who plays a VRMMO robots fighting game in a futuristic SF setting, is thrown in a fantasy world with his in-games abilities, tools and mechas (he got more than one ) right in the middle of a war. There are magic powered mechas in this world (reminded me a bit of "Knight and Magic" and "Break Blade") Our MC is a robot fighting game fan and eroge fan (so he is weird and perverted but not too much i think), there are battles, pretty girls (including 2 princesses) and ecchi moments, funny moments

What Tsu bad Orochi a devil is made Harlem! オロチな魔王がハーレムつくって何がわるいっ!
A guy who got his share of bad luck is run over by a truck while saving a girl, and summoned as a hero in another world... Or so it should be... But due to a prophecy and history with his grandfather (who also got summoned tens of years before) he becomes enemy number 1 of the country who summoned him (and probably not just this country). He is on the run while hidding his identity as "Ouroboros" (the prophecy is common knowledge) with survival and revenge in mind, followed by a pretty girl, and later another pretty girl, and... Kinda dark, cruel and gruesome description, ecchi moments (looks like it'll be "true harem" )

Suge~e~e~e What a different world! ! (Provisional) 異世界ってスゲェェェ!
A 28 yo salaryman is summoned in another world by a goddess, not to save the world, but to save her by finding her name (now that's a quest you don't see often in summoned stories, finding the name of a goddess to save her from disappearing from the world). Of course with a starting bonus (younger, basic abilities). There are status and skills. MC isn't overpowered. First arc is him getting used to the world, strenghtening himself and raising money. The end of this arc got me teary eyed, seriously I almost cryed (well, it's just me, but I think it was very emotional). More serious than what the title suggest, a good read IMO.

Sudden different world reincarnation saga 突然の異世界転生英雄伝
Guy got send in another world (back to 7yo) and is adopted by a family in the nearby village. Looks like something is about to happen in the world between the different races. 1 of the gods of the world will provide the MC with hints and infos. So our MC is living in the village, improving his magic and swordmanship, defeating thieves alone, defeating a B class wolf with his stepfather, having his stepsister fall for him, becoming one of the 3 students of a swordmaster... Interesting story

For more fun and comedy:
I'll Become a God is a reference for the different world cheat Genesis book-medieval Europe ~Tsu ☆ ~
神になって異世界チート創世録 ~中世ヨーロッパについての資料ですよッ☆~
The world has ended. You are the last human god randomly selectioned to be the new god and create the next world. Then he left. Just like that our MC became god in an empty white space with the task to create a world...
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 23:51   Link #1074
laon
Hantai

My hit and miss,
Misses :
Kenja no Deshi no Kenja 賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者
Mid-20 collar worker man got transported to different world based on VMMORPG he was playing when "he's" about to log out of the game, "he" retain his summoner job only that now "he" inhabit the body of a cute girl.

Was interested on this novel when I saw the cover on amazon jp but didn't know that this was genderbender (didn't read the description duh), not into it but people who do may want to take a look I guess. What a shame "she's" cute. :/

Seiju no Kuni no Kinju Tsukai 聖樹の国の禁呪使い
MC is Ichika v2 with more annoying and LONG WINDED inner mind talk ("eh?") and the novel move at hilariously slow and shallow pace you can just read the title of the first 10 chapter and you won't be missing anything even if you don't actually read the chapter. From the impression seems it was common complain for the beginning but I'm not going to see if it improve, the character are all shallow and most girls MC see instantly take a liking to him, IS style.

Hit :
Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko 神達に拾われた男
Your usual tensei with cheat... or so it seems, the differences :
- MC is actually very calm mature composed and rational, no screaming like a kid.
- He got cheat from the god. A common cheat that's actually not big deal at all since there are a lot of people who has it in the world he's reincarnating; a talent for all magic attribute (including pet/familiar magic). It's not that good since most people fell into a trap of becoming a jack of all trade, master of none. The only actual cheat he got is his huge mana amount (which also already exist though rare).
- He has highly unusual stat and skill (martial art, very high physical and mental pain tolerance skill level) before he got called by the god, turn out that he led a very harsh life on earth and he has G rating in luck which usually mean that he should have died when he was a baby (he died on 39). So, many of his physical and mental strength is a fruit of his harsh life.
- There is no ultimate enemy/plot in the novel. The gods only want him to reincarnate n another world so they can open connection between world to supply magic from earth or something (since earth doesn't use magic). So the novel revolve mostly on MC living his life in fantasy world, if you may this is like a simulation game rather than RPG. Maybe it's closest to 3DS Fantasy Life (haven't played it yet).
- This novel is very warmish, if you seek tension or drama there's almost none here. The problem MC is facing is the problem people face in genereal life (in fantasy world at least), however the way he solve it is interesting for me.
- It may looks slow however the writing is concise and straight, dialogue-driven instead of long narrative and the author seldom repeat himself.
- Characters are all interesting though sometimes they may lack impact (i.e. nothing with wacky characteristic like on Mushoku).
- Lastly, Slime is almighty.
Old 2014-12-29, 00:27   Link #1075
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
My hit and miss,
Misses :
Kenja no Deshi no Kenja 賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者
Mid-20 collar worker man got transported to different world based on VMMORPG he was playing when "he's" about to log out of the game, "he" retain his summoner job only that now "he" inhabit the body of a cute girl.

Was interested on this novel when I saw the cover on amazon jp but didn't know that this was genderbender (didn't read the description duh), not into it but people who do may want to take a look I guess. What a shame "she's" cute. :/
how............... how could you call this a miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
Seiju no Kuni no Kinju Tsukai 聖樹の国の禁呪使い
MC is Ichika v2 with more annoying and LONG WINDED inner mind talk ("eh?") and the novel move at hilariously slow and shallow pace you can just read the title of the first 10 chapter and you won't be missing anything even if you don't actually read the chapter. From the impression seems it was common complain for the beginning but I'm not going to see if it improve, the character are all shallow and most girls MC see instantly take a liking to him, IS style.
IS ??? no thank you, once is enough for me.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 01:41   Link #1076
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
how............... how could you call this a miss
When you're not into genderbender.
Old 2014-12-29, 15:18   Link #1077
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Washi ha kawaii jya!

Kenja no Deshi no Kenja is a good one, the TS theme can be ignored for those who doesn't like genderbender since... Mira is cool~
Old 2014-12-30, 16:48   Link #1078
Shiku359
Apprentice Tiger Hunter

Any links for the novel above(the genderbend one)? Or summaries so far?
IDK why, but... I suddenly got the feel of wanting for more info 'bout the novel.
Shiku359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-31, 05:30   Link #1079
laon
Hantai

No one translated the novel yet, for the web novel raw you can search the japanese title above, it's the first hit on syosetu.
Old 2015-01-01, 01:03   Link #1080
Rahuman
Masked Reader

Reading Kenja right now
Spoiler for a:

Last edited by Rahuman; 2015-01-01 at 04:46.
Rahuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel