Old 2016-10-19, 09:45   Link #1061
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/10/1...ast-revealed-2

English voice cast announced.

Xander Mobus (Smash 4 announcer, Umio in Neptunia VII) as the protagonist
Cassandra Morris (Kyubey in Madoka, Leafa in SAO) as Morgana
Max Mittelman (Saitama in One Punch Man, Ein in Gundam IBO) as Ryuji Sakamoto
Erika Harlacher (Asseylum in Aldnoah Zero, Elizabeth in Seven Deadly Sins) as Ann Takamaki
Matt Mercer (Kanji in P4AU, McCree in Overwatch) as Yusuke Kitagawa
Cherami Leigh (Suzuha in Steins;Gate, Kudelia in Gundam IBO) as Makoto Niijima
Erica Lindbeck (Eli in Love Live, Uzume in Neptunia VII) as Futaba Sakura
Xanthe Huynh (Hanayo in Love Live, Yuna in Yuki Yuna is a Hero) as Haru Okumura
Robbie Daymond (Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon re-dub, Sorey in Tales of Zestiria) as Goro Akechi
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 20:13   Link #1062
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Co-ops are known as confidants in the non-Asian versions of Persona 5.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 20:23   Link #1063
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Cassandra Morris - this is an NA VA I remember because she voices relatively a lot of the childhood friends: Atra in Gundam Orphans, Leafa in SAO, Yukionna in Nurarhiyon (kinda), Sophie in Tales of Graces (kinda again), and IMO her best acted role, Edea in Bravely default. Plus, I kinda mained Nami in League for a long while... XD

Cherami Leigh - she stands out to me as the voice of Venus in the new dub of Sailor Moon, but most people know her as SAO Asuna, Fairytale Lucy, and Shana. Pretty big name actually.

Both of the above I met sometime in Fan Expo, which is the reason why the names stuck out to me. The only other name I know of is Matt Mercer, who's name I remember were a lot in the video games I played (standout for me is Edge in Star Ocean).

Apart from that? Looks like Atlus is going for a lot of relatively new voices.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 00:44   Link #1064
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Finished the first cycle at 118 hours.
Best Persona game since Persona 2.
It has been a while since the last time I spent 100+ hours in just one cycle of a game.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 01:07   Link #1065
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is that a full run, or a first game playthrough to get 100% on NG+?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 02:19   Link #1066
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Probably a first playthrough.

I played the game in the easiest difficulty (since I assume that Persona fusion compendium prices scales with difficulty and I'm more interested in fusing Persona rather than other gameplay), and it took me around 80-90 hours alone. I don't think I even grind that much in the game too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 02:51   Link #1067
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IIRC a persona costs as much as its stat total - I remember having my top team costing a few million gold in P3 FES, with nearly maxed out stats.

80+ hours sounds pretty standard to me, I took 20 (15) hours just to reach the end of Fox's chapter. Counting the rest of the cast and a final dungeon, it should take at least that long...after all, P5 is as much of a life sim as it is a dungeon crawler.
Old 2016-10-23, 06:36   Link #1068
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

110+ hours and almost at last dungeon on first playthrough. It's easier to max co-op in this game compared to P3 and P4, but fusing Persona still cost a ton....

Story wise, I really like it, but the scale is much smaller than previous two.

Character wise, Ryuji's annoying in the story, but I really like the other cast this time. Morgana is much less annoying than Kuma, and the girls are lovely. Yusuke is interesting too character-wise. Also, best protagonist in Persona EVER!(I just love that confident smirk)
Old 2016-10-23, 06:41   Link #1069
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
110+ hours and almost at last dungeon on first playthrough. It's easier to max co-op in this game compared to P3 and P4, but fusing Persona still cost a ton....

Character wise, Ryuji's annoying in the story, but I really like the other cast this time. Morgana is much less annoying than Kuma, and the girls are lovely. Yusuke is interesting too character-wise. Also, best protagonist in Persona EVER!(I just love that confident smirk)
Better than Narukami "The Boss" Yu?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-10-23, 08:40   Link #1071
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Better than Narukami "The Boss" Yu?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I like him more than Narukami. There's somekind of cocky confidence in his phantom thief persona that I like more than Narukami's aloof confidence.
Old 2016-10-23, 09:37   Link #1072
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I agree, Joker is just too awesome. He laughs in the face of cops and criminals alike, and his favorite spot is Igor's JAIL! I don't mind Ryuuji's "speak-my-mind" personality so much, but I like Yusuke better. As for Morgana...it's a very interesting character to have in the game, adds a lot to the comedy as well.
Old 2016-10-23, 14:34   Link #1073
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is that a full run, or a first game playthrough to get 100% on NG+?
Impossible to do a full run.
Not enough days in a single cycle to do everything.
Tried to do as many stuff as possible in the first cycle to make the second easier.
Old 2016-10-23, 14:39   Link #1074
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Smaller?
I highly disagree.

P5 goes right into multiple social and political conspiracies, which is far above the scale of both P3 and P4.
The end boss is also an entity on the same level as Philemon and Nyarl, thus the most powerful being we had faced since Nyx.
Old 2016-10-23, 22:14   Link #1075
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man those DLC costumes + BGMs are gonna burn a whole in my pocket. I just hope that P1 at least is free for the US release; Lone Prayer is actually my favourite normal battle BGM in the entire MegaTen franchise. Partly because the original was so generic (so the upgrade was immense), partly because of the awesome intro that got me pumped everytime, and partly because despite the horrible engrish it's still catchy as hell... it's the reason why I finished the PSP version, and I wanna know if it's good enough for me in actual battles so I don't buy any other BGMs if I have to. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 22:45   Link #1076
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Impossible to do a full run.
Not enough days in a single cycle to do everything.
Tried to do as many stuff as possible in the first cycle to make the second easier.
afaik the only thing that is impossible at first run is to unlock the final persona and fight the twins. Other than those I actually think it's possible to do a complete run on the first try if you build a complete chart of everything and plan around that. Without even trying I only failed in filling one Co-Op level (left at 7) and had a max social stats with plenty of wasted days.

But yeah, I think you shouldn't grind too much on the first play-through. Might as well play at Safety even. I finished the game at 160+ hours because I grind too much and is losing steam to actually go for a second run. I've fully completed all of FFX side quests with that playtime!
Old 2016-10-23, 22:58   Link #1077
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
afaik the only thing that is impossible at first run is to unlock the final persona and fight the twins. Other than those I actually think it's possible to do a complete run on the first try if you build a complete chart of everything and plan around that. Without even trying I only failed in filling one Co-Op level (left at 7) and had a max social stats with plenty of wasted days.
For stuff that's tied to trophy only?
Possible, I agree.

But including every other thing that's not tied to trophy? Definitely not.
Like finish all movie and DVD, and finish all puzzle, and see all part job events.
Definitely not happening in a single cycle.
Old 2016-10-23, 23:01   Link #1078
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Oh those things. Yeah, not possible indeed. There's just too many of them. And there is really no point in them other than being trivias if you've maxed social parameter already.
Old 2016-10-24, 01:35   Link #1079
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is it even possible to read all the books in one playthrough? The reading time is really, reaally limited right?

Speaking of which I also haven't done much mini games like fishing and other stuffs too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 02:56   Link #1080
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Persona rule of thumb, you spend one playthrough maxing out your stats and the basic arcana, then you proceed to steamroll the second one with a maxed out MC, skipping on studies and unlocking all the co-ops.

Quote:
DLC costumes + BGMs are gonna burn a whole in my pocket.
The costumes aren't really worth it IMO. While there are 2-3 good sets for the whole team, a lot of them are plain ridiculous (especially Morgana's). Dem BGMs though...

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei