AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-31, 14:25   Link #1061
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I like the fact that they are showing more Mayumi's teasing personality and that we got a Maya and Miya cameo but I don't like how they cut out the part explaining how Tatsuya cant feel strong emotions. I really want to see the reaction to that explanation and that scene can really help some of the fans better understand Tatsuya.

It's probably saved for the big reveal.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:13   Link #1062
Chris38

Well, after watching the latest episode ... obviously some parts of the novels where skipped and it ended at the point where I expected it to end.

Still, the thing that I'm wondering about the most ... is Madhouse showing some scenes from Tatsuya's operation ... which I believe hasn't been mentioned in the novels (I haven't managed to check if it was mentioned in the manga) in a way ... as if we where looking at it ... from Miyuki's perspective (at least that's the impression I have got from watching that moment ... and she ... obviously wasn't aware of that particular detail from Tatsuya's life... until the event that occurred 3 years ago.

There is also the fact that they skipped mentioning what is the emotion that Tatsuya still has ... but I hope they are planing to reveal this during one of the scenes, during the 9sc, when someone starts seriously threatening Miyuki's well being...

Apart from those details ... I enjoyed watching the latest episode of the anime...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:24   Link #1063
IceHism

I think ep9 was done pretty well actually. Enjoyed it. Not too many skips and good enough interactions. the mood was captured pretty well except for the bus scene imo.

Needs a bit more world building i think
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 15:27   Link #1064
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
I like the fact that they are showing more Mayumi's teasing personality and that we got a Maya and Miya cameo but I don't like how they cut out the part explaining how Tatsuya cant feel strong emotions. I really want to see the reaction to that explanation and that scene can really help some of the fans better understand Tatsuya.
I think they'll save that for the beach ep. That's the time when Tatsuya actually explains everything, with his own words.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 19:07   Link #1065
pampz21
ShipCore

Amy isnt friendly as I thought she was#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 19:23   Link #1066
Wandering Soul

I think you mean Eimi.
Old 2014-05-31, 19:27   Link #1067
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
I think you mean Eimi.
She like's to go by Amy though. if I'm not mistaken.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 19:42   Link #1068
Echizen777

Mizuki was so cute, made me realize again that Miyuki's character design is really bad. They didn't skip Mayumi's scenes so I won't drop the anime. The mysteries of Ancient magic, maybe we'll learn more about them in the next volume. And they are really portraying Tatsuya well, I can see that he is totally emotionless, even when he was provoking Aoki, his face was completely devoid of emotions, good .

BTW! Did anyone buy the Blu-rays? There are more infos about the characters according to Vol 13 afterwords.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 21:29   Link #1069
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Amy isnt friendly as I thought she was#!
Only at first introduction; she seemed happy and cheery during practice.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 21:38   Link #1070
Wandering Soul

The impression I got is that she was willing to give Tatsuya a chance at first and started to warm up to him after seeing more of his skill. We should she her friendly side in the next couple of episodes/
Old 2014-05-31, 22:06   Link #1071
millie10468

Someone hilariously said Aoki was the representative of Tatsuya/Mahouka haters. Therefore haters should self-insert onto him. What do you think? True or false?

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 22:49   Link #1072
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Someone hilariously said Aoki was the representative of Tatsuya/Mahouka haters. Therefore haters should self-insert onto him. What do you think? True or false?
I disagree. Mainly because while both camps hate Tatsuya, they hate him for totally opposite reasons. The majority of Tatsuya haters hate him because he's too perfect as to be unbelievable. However, Aoki feels that Tatsuya is so far from perfect that he's an embarrassment to the Yotsuba family. While both camps hate Tatsuya, they have little else in common.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 22:57   Link #1073
guestuser

Quote:
i dont see why not since he match their personally quite nicely because aoki word is true in a sense that tatsuya is a heartless bogus magicians but that is what make tatsuya interesting
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 23:04   Link #1074
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
I dont see why not since he match their personally quite nicely because aoki word is true in a sense that tatsuya is a heartless bogus magicians but that is what make tatsuya interesting
Whether it's true or not he said it with fangs being bared. He was being malicious with his words hoping to put down a 'lowly' servant who doesn't know his place in the pecking order, in his opinion. Which is a big with Miyuki (It's her Berserker Button).

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 04:52   Link #1075
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So you don't use 4chan but you're assuming something about the population. There are things like "buyfag threads" where people talk about their purchases and what they have ordered lately. 4chan does buy stuff quite often, it's just no where near a large percentage of people that use the site, just like all anime sites.
4chan is a well-known cesspool and not representative for the anime community. People going there enjoy tearing stuff down - in fact, this is what the vast majority is GOING there for - and Mahouka is the latest fad. I only wish that the anime conversion wouldn't make it so terribly easy ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 05:34   Link #1076
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
4chan is a well-known cesspool and not representative for the anime community. People going there enjoy tearing stuff down - in fact, this is what the vast majority is GOING there for - and Mahouka is the latest fad. I only wish that the anime conversion wouldn't make it so terribly easy ^_^;
Thing is, it's not just 4chan. I know a lot of sites that have people slagging Mahouka on a weekly basis, such as MAL or Reddit.

However, as the recent posts in the ep9 thread show, some anime-only viewers can come up with constructive points for discussion.No it's the time for LN reader like us who post within them to follow up on these points of discussion and not pull out the "read the LN' card.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 10:41   Link #1077
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Thing is, it's not just 4chan. I know a lot of sites that have people slagging Mahouka on a weekly basis, such as MAL or Reddit.

However, as the recent posts in the ep9 thread show, some anime-only viewers can come up with constructive points for discussion.No it's the time for LN reader like us who post within them to follow up on these points of discussion and not pull out the "read the LN' card.
Probly be better to stay away from the anime threads, unless your just asking questions/making observations to steer the discussion, instead of giving answers. So many discussions have been killed on the threads because of rabid Ln fans jumping in and attacking anyone who critizises it, and adding information that was not mentioned in the anime, but only the ln.

Quote:
False, the reasons for hating Tatsuya are completely different. Too much hero worship is being thrown in, and Tatsuya being portrayed as so perfect himself, its probly why there is a big portion of haters in the anime thread. Whereas Aoki hates Tatsuya because he thinks Tatsuya is a failure.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 12:28   Link #1078
HandofFate

Watching episode 9 right now.
I'm actually enjoying the extra scenes they been adding.

Like Tatsuya introducing himself to those girls about begin in charge of fine-tuning cads and some strategies.

Really adds some interaction and introduction to these minor girls, instead of just namedropping them right the beginning of the event.

Once again, the character designs for the characters are totally throwing me for a, loop.
Eimi, ushiyama chief, they don't look at all as what i pictured.
Old 2014-06-01, 13:19   Link #1079
nosaer

Finally a Mayumi scene that wasn't drastically cut!!!
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 13:27   Link #1080
guestuser

well this arc is for the side character time to shine and tatsuya to operate in the shadows
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote