wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Enkou yo. Enjo Kousai.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 20:59   Link #1042
Sakamaki Izayoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Just got my illustration book and anthology book.
Anyways, the illsutration book has all of the illsutrations which had appeared in the LN plus more. Also it has everything from the previous series, Thiiri, as well.
This one below is the illustration which came out originally on volume 4.5. I would say it's the best illustration from the LN. Too bad it was censored.
NSFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
But the illustration book also put on a coloured version. And when I saw it I was glad I bought the illustration book....

[*SNIP*]
Is it me or Horikita's boobs look smaller? Must be the angle...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2017-09-27 at 22:39.
Sakamaki Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 21:06   Link #1043
Grey Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakamaki Izayoi View Post
Is it me or Horikita's boobs look smaller? Must be the angle...
Her boobs are small well the animation makes horikita's boobs a little large
Grey Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 21:24   Link #1044
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
I think I can understand why anime mor efocus on Horikita. maybe except Director is Horikita fans, is also in consideration for those who watch anime-only, because anime only adapted until vol 3, where horikita is the focus of the volume and if they put Karuizawa who hadn't any role until vol 4, it will confuse those who hadn't read LN, and just watch the anime.
This. So. Much. But almost 99% of LN readers don't see it. They are really think that the anime can or should adapt everything of the LN within 12 episodes without ending it abruptly.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 21:40   Link #1045
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
This. So. Much. But almost 99% of LN readers don't see it. They are really think that the anime can or should adapt everything of the LN within 12 episodes without ending it abruptly.
If only they just adapted 1-3 just saying...
Old 2017-09-27, 21:48   Link #1046
Endless_Despair

Quote:
What? I don't know where you got that from. I haven't heard a single LN reader say they should adapt the entire series in 12 episodes. What they complain about which I agree with, is the changes that have been made like the pool fiasco in Episode 7. I heard Horikita has a SS in 4.5 where she gets her hand stuck in a bottle. Why didn't they just adapt this instead?
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 21:48   Link #1047
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Is almost like you're defending poorly made adaptations just to mock the LN readers. Making a series to promote the LN doesn't mean that it has to be mediocre to do the job properly you know that? what many LN readers and especially the japanese audience (which are the most important at the end of the day) thinks in the same way.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 22:03   Link #1048
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
If only they just adapted 1-3 just saying...
Does volume 1-3 has obligatory swimming pool episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Is almost like you're defending poorly made adaptations just to mock the LN readers. Making a series to promote the LN doesn't mean that it has to be mediocre to do the job properly you know that? what many LN readers and especially the japanese audience (which are the most important at the end of the day) thinks in the same way.
Or LN readers should have accept the reality that anime adaptation is never going to live up to the superior source. Heck the anime adaptation cannot even adapt manga (panel by panel) properly.
Old 2017-09-27, 22:20   Link #1049
ChaikaAce

Quote:
Or LN readers should have accept the reality that anime adaptation is never going to live up to the superior source. Heck the anime adaptation cannot even adapt manga (panel by panel) properly.
We are not asking it to live up to the quality of LN. We ask it to respect the source material and not to change important plot points at will.
ChaikaAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 22:22   Link #1050
Grey Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
What? I don't know where you got that from. I haven't heard a single LN reader say they should adapt the entire series in 12 episodes. What they complain about which I agree with, is the changes that have been made like the pool fiasco in Episode 7. I heard Horikita has a SS in 4.5 where she gets her hand stuck in a bottle. Why didn't they just adapt this instead?
You want to know why they didn't adapt her SS in vol 4.5? it's bcuz they need to see them in a swimsuit not a clumsy Horikita that accidentally stuck her hand n the bottle
more like a fan service ep.
Old 2017-09-27, 22:29   Link #1051
AB079
Banned

Quote:
And again you're diverting the main point just to mock the LN readers.

Nobody is asking for perfect adaptations because everyone understand that when you adapt certain title it can't be perfect and some changes or modifications like skipping certain parts are needed to fit everything in 12 episodes. What people want from the Studio is having the decency of making an adaptation that repect the source material and that's what didn't happened with Youjitsu.

Lemme illustrate that for you with a few examples:
-Amagi Brilliant Park: the adaptation was modified in order to avoid certain parts of the original story that leads to more complicated stuff, ended on being something that even LN readers agree that was good.
-Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Sunrise was against the monster of the LN's, each volume of Horizon is the equivalent of 6 or 7 volumes of any normal LN, sometimes even more. They did some changes and cuts for the sake of fitting all of that in 12 episodes but they did an amazing job at that because they respect the author and his work.
-Phantom World: this is an example of an abortion of adaptation, Kyoani literally choose to change the entire story and turn it into a mindless harem where each episode was nothing but fanservice. Ended on being one of the biggest flops in Kyoani's history.

TL;DR adaptations are not perfect, but having a little respect for the souce is needed, or you will end with something mediocre and awful. There you have the response to this adaptation from the Japanese audience, and that happened many times in the past.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 22:37   Link #1052
lucasdeis

I've just finished the anime and i was very impress. tbh idc much about if horikita or any other girls are heroines clearly so far what i have seen this is all about ayanokoji so could i please ask if there is a summary of what happens after the island arc? thank you very much
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-27, 22:59   Link #1053
Grey Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeis View Post
I've just finished the anime and i was very impress. tbh idc much about if horikita or any other girls are heroines clearly so far what i have seen this is all about ayanokoji so could i please ask if there is a summary of what happens after the island arc? thank you very much
Back read before you ask since vol 1-6 is already discussed in this thread
Old 2017-09-27, 23:45   Link #1054
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Hat View Post
You want to know why they didn't adapt her SS in vol 4.5? it's bcuz they need to see them in a swimsuit not a clumsy Horikita that accidentally stuck her hand n the bottle
more like a fan service ep.
Yes. You got this. +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaikaAce View Post
We are not asking it to live up to the quality of LN. We ask it to respect the source material and not to change important plot points at will.
And that would be assuming there would be a "season 2" to continue the "plot point" that you desired. If there is no season 2, the "changed plot point" will be treated as a standalone part or anime original episode. Also, "rearrange scene" is rather popular move in LN anime adaptation, so I don't really worry about how they screwed up the plot point if they can salvage it back in whatever season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
TL;DR adaptations are not perfect, but having a little respect for the souce is needed, or you will end with something mediocre and awful. There you have the response to this adaptation from the Japanese audience, and that happened many times in the past.
Yes, this anime is awful, mediocre, trash and abomination (for LN readers), so what do you think you will gain by repeating this again? The anime has finished aired. Nothing will be changed. I don't see why are you still so upset when you still can continue read the perfect source.

Last edited by Sixth; 2017-09-27 at 23:58.
Old 2017-09-28, 00:44   Link #1055
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

So, if I may summarize, actually the fault in the anime adaptation is actually because they not just adapted vol 1-3 but also adapted SS 4.5 about pool fiasco for fan service (which I find it logical for the anime to change it from Karuizawa to horikita, because Karuizawa hadn't much role in the anime). of course, Ichinose part too, but it is still can be forgiven (Japanese fans rage about Ichinose part, but they more rage about pool fiasco), as Ichinose charm is in her likeable character, not for the scene itself (IMO).
Actually, I just want to say that anime for those who hadn't read LN is good enough (of course I am a little shock when Ichinose abruptly asking Ayanokoji to pretend to be her boyfriend where There is ALMOST no interaction at all between them in anime, but I will be more confused if in episode 7 they use Karuizawa instead Horikita because there is NO interaction at all between them or role for Karuizawa).

Last edited by Hujan; 2017-09-28 at 00:54.
Hujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 00:52   Link #1056
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Does volume 1-3 has obligatory swimming pool episode?

Yes, I agree, instead of just bitching about the adaptation which is difficult to faithfully follow the LN in the first place, readers should just take the anime with a grain of salt. In this case, I can understand the studio's take on the adaptation. Introducing Kei as the heroine will only confuse viewers since her main arc begins in volume 4, while the anime only covers the first 3 vols. Instead, they focus on Horikita as the main, while not faithful, it certainly gives the anime more sense. Many of the negative feedbacks are under the guise of "failed adaptation", but I think they stems from the angry shippers whose waifus screentime got cut short.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 01:42   Link #1057
cyberdemon

Quote:
They needed a fan service episode
Old 2017-09-28, 03:01   Link #1058
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This thread was getting heated so I deleted some posts.

I need to clarify a few things:

First, this thread is the place to compare the novels with the anime. Not the anime thread. Do not post extensive novel comparisons in the anime thread. If someone posts extensive comparisons in the anime thread (particularly if these comparisons are not behind properly-labeled spoiler tags), please report them for being in violation of the spoiler policy.

Second, if you are an anime-viewer coming into this thread, it should be in good faith to discuss the anime from the perspective of the novel (and vice-versa), and not to simply antagonize novel readers who may have a different perspective or opinion. Don't get into "meta arguments" about adaptation vs. source or about whether people are allowed to have opinions about the anime. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, and we have places on AnimeSuki to facilitate those discussions. While discussions in the anime thread must remain focused on the anime, it is permissible to some have limited/focused comparisons to the novel when relevant/appropriate, so long as it is behind properly-labeled spoiler tags. Again, I direct you to read the aforementioned policy.

So anyway, if there is any further disruptive discussion, please report it so that offenders can be banned and the thread can move on to constructive conversation. Thank you.
Old 2017-09-28, 03:24   Link #1059
Haru00

I dont really care about who was supposed to be the main heroine in the survival test or who's whatnot got shoved down our throats, all I wanna know is... was everything that Ayanokouji did in the anime and novel the same? or had some differences? especially the last inner monologue? did he had that in the LN as well? like not seeing any of them as an ally?
I literally only care about Ayanokoji and his antics, who he has to banter with doesnt concern me so long as he did was the same in the original source (honestly I couldnt care less about the female characters in this story)
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 03:52   Link #1060
Rejectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru00 View Post
I dont really care about who was supposed to be the main heroine in the survival test or who's whatnot got shoved down our throats, all I wanna know is... was everything that Ayanokouji did in the anime and novel the same? or had some differences? especially the last inner monologue? did he had that in the LN as well? like not seeing any of them as an ally?
I literally only care about Ayanokoji and his antics, who he has to banter with doesnt concern me so long as he did was the same in the original source (honestly I couldnt care less about the female characters in this story)
Ayanokuji monologue LN Version: But too bad Horikita, you have misunderstood one thing. Now, I'll confess from the bottom of my heart, that I don't think of you as my comrade at all. I don't even feel concerned about you as a classmate.

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller