Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-02-11, 17:53   Link #1041
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And I'm sure you feel the same way about protesters who are silenced by force, right?
As long as the protesters were not
A) Trying to prevent people from accessing whatever they're protesting (aka doing the silencing first)
B) Doing anything illegal or harmful (riots, violence, blocking traffic, etc)

Then, yes. I do. But, once the protest deforms into any of that, we have a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Lol? You're going to have to show support for this statement. Having a different opinion does not make one push an us vs them mentality.
I reread the statement I was referring to and what it was in response to. I knee-jerked. I apologize. (and that's why I should never talk politics or enter a conversation midway through. Back out of here while you can, Hiss~)
Old 2017-02-11, 18:15   Link #1042
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antares- View Post
Yes, so by the law they are qualified. Nobody is equally qualified but I can't understand how you could possibly believe that Trump and Clinton are better than the other options out there.
Hillary is the most qualified and experienced person that ran for President, though. If that actually matters to you, that's one reason to think she's the better option.

Quote:
What do you expect me to do about something that's been decided by law, fair and square? Maybe I would care if I felt there was anything that could be done, but there's not as far as I'm aware, so no, I don't care about the presidency outside of election time.
You realize there are recourses if you disagree with what a president does, right?

Quote:
What are they missing, then? What framework? Tell me. Because I'm an idiot and don't understand anything
For someone who spends so much time complaining that no one listens to him, you sure avoid listening to others. That very thing has been mentioned in this this thread.

Third parties should start by getting someone in the Senate and House of Representatives first of all, and actually getting some of their policies enacted.

Quote:
let alone run for president, if they literally have 0% chance of getting anything.
Advertising.

They hope that by running for president, even though they have no chance, they can get people interested in them.

That's fine and all, but don't pretend it makes them a viable candidate.

Quote:
And most people DO believe there are only two real parties... They ARE forcing themselves into a binary situation.
Maybe, just maybe, it's the third parties' job to convince voters they are a viable option.

Quote:
Not like Trump has demonstrated any ability to govern the country despite being a "Republican which means they have demonstrated the ability to govern the country." Your party argument is bogus.
Why bring up Trump? I was speaking about parties, not individual politicians

Quote:
k. Tell the mods then. While you're at it, tell them about all the other people in this thread who have resorted to insults, beacuse it seems to me half the people who post in this thread are doing just the same, consistently, and nothing is being done about it.
Again, you are the only person in this thread that has insulted anyone by name.

Quote:
You will never change anything without wishful thinking, without hopes and aspirations and ambitions and attempts at change. So sorry if it seems like a waste to you, but it's really the only way. You'll just stagnate if you don't try.
Wishful thinking is wonderful, but it's just a start. Actual effort is needed to change things.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2017-02-11, 18:24   Link #1043
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

I liked your post, Archon_Wing. :( You shouldn't have deleted it.

My post should be taken care of shortly since I reported it after posting it. That's the real test of the mods here, eh? With any luck many, many posts will be deleted or edited after that. Otherwise these mods are just outright incompetent. And I know how to run a forum. I'm an admin of one, even. If they can't enforce their own rules, that is not the way to run a forum.

Quote:
Again, you are the only person in this thread that has insulted anyone by name.
You forgot Drumpf, Killary, Shillary, Turd. Maybe they're not members of this forum but it's still childish as hell and should be frowned upon.

Quote:
For someone who spends so much time complaining that no one listens to him, you sure avoid listening to others. That very thing has been mentioned in this this thread.
I don't read every post in this thread. And I'm not reading yours. Nothing against you. I'm just done. Waiting for the mods to come in, now, if they have it in them to moderate this forum properly.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
Old 2017-02-11, 18:29   Link #1044
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

You forgot Drumpf, Killary, Shillary, Turd. Maybe they're not members of this forum but it's still childish as hell and should be frowned upon.
... You can't really believe insulting a public figure and insulting a forum member are really equivalent.

Quote:
I don't read every post in this thread. And I'm not reading yours. Nothing against you. I'm just done. Waiting for the mods to come in, now, if they have it in them to moderate this forum properly.
Speaking with you was quite educational.

If you have an issue withe mods, they're very active here, you can message them directly.

Old 2017-02-11, 18:39   Link #1045
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
... You can't really believe insulting a public figure and insulting a forum member are really equivalent.
Yes. Yes I can. They're real people. Did you know that? And do you know what the meaning of "childish" is? You're older than me so I'd expect you should know such a basic word and and how to respectably treat other human beings.

Quote:
Speaking with you was quite educational.

If you have an issue withe mods, they're very active here, you can message them directly.
That's fantastic. I can't say the same for you.

So the Report function on this forum doesn't actually work? That's absolutely lovely, if that's what you're implying.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
Old 2017-02-11, 19:26   Link #1046
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Yes. Yes I can. They're real people. Did you know that?
Yes, I did. Did you know that you weren't actually having a conversation with any of them?

Did you also know that insulting someone you're actually speaking with is ruder than insulting a public figure?

Quote:
And do you know what the meaning of "childish" is? You're older than me so I'd expect you should know such a basic word and and how to respectably treat other human beings.
I'm well aware.

Quote:
That's fantastic. I can't say the same for you.
I'm sorry but unsurprised to hear that.

Quote:
So the Report function on this forum doesn't actually work? That's absolutely lovely, if that's what you're implying.
I implied no such thing. You seemed to have questions about how the mods operated on this forum, so I enlightened you to the option of speaking with them.

Old 2017-02-11, 19:38   Link #1047
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Yes, I did. Did you know that you weren't actually having a conversation with any of them?

Did you also know that insulting someone you're actually speaking with is ruder than insulting a public figure?
Who cares if you were having a conversation with them? An insult is an insult. It's not more or less rude. Did you know people kill themselves over insults from people half way across the country over insults on the Internet? And you keep bringing up "public figure" as if it matters... if someone called Oscar Wilde a fag (probably definitely happened even though he was a great man) does that make it okay just because he was famous? No. No it does not.
Quote:
I'm well aware.
If that's the case then you're not showing it.
Quote:
I'm sorry but unsurprised to hear that.
Because in your heart you think I'm an idiot. Maybe I am. Or maybe I'm just sick of reading walls of bullshit from people in this thread. I'm only still here because I want to see action from the mods. You don't have to reply to me.
Quote:
I implied no such thing. You seemed to have questions about how the mods operated on this forum, so I enlightened you to the option of speaking with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares
My post should be taken care of shortly since I reported it after posting it.
I don't know why you thought I didn't know how forums worked when I said something like this.

Old 2017-02-11, 19:53   Link #1048
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I think you are missing my point.

You are saying- It's the dems fault for not convincing people to vote for them.

I'm saying - What about basic human decency? After all the shit the GOP and Trump has done and said, it schould have been the duty of any adult US citizen to fight against that crap.
It's just that a big part choose to not care enough or just wanted all that shit.
In the ideal world thats definitely what should have happened.

But the question that the Democratic Party and the people on the Left should be asking themselves is: what mistakes did we make during the election campaign and before during Obama's Presidency that could possibly have hindered this from happening?

That's all I'm saying. The problem is that a lot of people in this thread seem to have jumped the gun and gone straight to blaming the voters.

Yes, I'm sure that there is an element of what you and Vallen are describing in the voters.

The reason I'm not on board with many on the Left in this thread is that I got fed up with a lot of the things the Democratic Party and the Left did leading up to the elections. Things that have led me to believe that the Democratic Party is just as corrupt as the Republican Party.

Sure, there's probably more decent people in the Democratic Party. But I have no faith in the people running it. Debbie Wasserman Schultz; Donna Drazile. And other corrupt corporate Democrats like Cory Booker who voted against importing cheaper drugs in from Canada (a bill introduced by Bernie that had support across both parties).

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If these basic things were addressed beforehand and then Trump still won, then believe me I'd be on your's and Vallen's side no questions asked.
Old 2017-02-12, 23:22   Link #1049
relentlessflame

*Administrator

FYI that this thread is going to remain closed while we reconsider its place and purpose on this website. We may bring the thread back, or we may not. This is a highly contentious topic, and falls very much under Rule 2.8. Some people are so indoctrinated in their point of view that there really isn't any room for discussion anyway.

As it explains in the sticky thread in this forum, the staff may also exercise its discretion in evicting people from this section if they feel that they cannot contribute to constructive discussion about these sorts of topics without resorting to insults and personal attacks (either direct or indirect).

For now, we'd ask everyone to take a break, and not create similar/duplicate threads until a decision is made.