AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-07-09, 08:18   Link #1041
AP24

If it's Tatsuya wouldn't it be better that the other girl on the cover is someone else because I think there are other girls who would be more affected than Mari.

It's no surprise that Mayumi is on the cover. The arc is about the Ten Master Clan Conference and of all the girls other than Miyuki who are close to Tatsuya, Mayumi is the only one from the Ten Master Clan. Mari is on the cover probably because she's like Mayumi's closest friend and this further suggests that the volume will focus on Mayumi.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 08:30   Link #1042
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Mio is not useless, they even used her to threaten during negotiations, Itsuwa can't lose their places as long as she's able to cast it, the ones who could lose their places are Saegusa and Kudou.
Mio is pretty damn useless. Her body continues to deteriorate and in time she will be completely unable to even think of using her magic. There have been doubts putting her ability to actually use it in combat to question. The only reason her family is even in the TMC is because of her status as an S-class, a status that has so far only been used to intimidate countries into signing peace treaties following Tatsuya's Material Burst wiping out 1/3 of their naval forces, an important marine base, their only S-class and repelling foreign invaders on two occasions. She's useless and if Tatsuya is unveiled they will have no further use for her, or her family.
Old 2015-07-09, 08:33   Link #1043
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
used to intimidate countries into signing peace treaties
You managed to refute your own argument while making it

That's anything but useless.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 08:39   Link #1044
amtro
Distro

She's only useful as a guard dog. The moment a bigger guard dog enters the scene she'll lose all respect and no one will want her. The Itsuwa family are hoping to marry Mayumi into the house precisely because they know that they're dangerously close to getting the boot from the TMC.
Honestly I want to see Itsuwa and Saegusa kicked out and the Shippou family brought in.
Old 2015-07-09, 08:42   Link #1045
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
You managed to refute your own argument while making it

That's anything but useless.
Also, 2 SC magicians is still better than one, she is overshadowed by Tatsuya in that department but it has not been said that she can't use her magic. There might even be more Japanese SC magicians not revealed, magicians with the number 8 for example.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 08:51   Link #1046
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
She's only useful as a guard dog. The moment a bigger guard dog enters the scene she'll lose all respect and no one will want her. The Itsuwa family are hoping to marry Mayumi into the house precisely because they know that they're dangerously close to getting the boot from the TMC.
Honestly I want to see Itsuwa and Saegusa kicked out and the Shippou family brought in.
I was just teasin ya a bit. In truth we should leave poor Mio alone after all in addition to being in a wheel chair she has to lug around that giant death flag....

Itsuwa will only loose it's place once Mio dies. Saegusa will not be kicked out that was already explained by Nakura. Koichi couldn't comprehend that not only did the Kudou and Yotsuba know what he was doing they didn't care. The irony was he was never in any trouble and just didn't realize it.

I'm torn on shippou. I liked the Father but I am looking forward to shippou being passed over again as he realizes he pissed off the Yotsuba (the one family actually capable of challenging the Saegusa).
Old 2015-07-09, 09:08   Link #1047
Kadia

U guys are pretty harsh on Mio, did she do sth to anger u? Tbh, i really want to see her illustrations and i feel sorry for her little screen time despite her apostle status.

Moreover, we know very little about the criteria used for TMC election and replacement. Isuwa family might not be the weakest in 10MC, so far saegusa, Jumonji, Ichijo, Yotsuba, Kudou and Isuwa have been introduced, we have no idea abt the rest 4 current in 10MC position.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 12:35   Link #1048
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
If it's Tatsuya wouldn't it be better that the other girl on the cover is someone else because I think there are other girls who would be more affected than Mari.

It's no surprise that Mayumi is on the cover. The arc is about the Ten Master Clan Conference and of all the girls other than Miyuki who are close to Tatsuya, Mayumi is the only one from the Ten Master Clan. Mari is on the cover probably because she's like Mayumi's closest friend and this further suggests that the volume will focus on Mayumi.
This volume will focus on mari and mayumi admitting they're friends. That's why she is there.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 12:41   Link #1049
IceHism

I'm surprised the choice for the cover is Mayumi and mari when Lina is making her big return.
I wonder how this volume will go. I think it would be a nice change of pace if half of the book is written from mayumi's prespective
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 12:51   Link #1050
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I'm surprised the choice for the cover is Mayumi and mari when Lina is making her big return.
I wonder how this volume will go. I think it would be a nice change of pace if half of the book is written from mayumi's prespective
No way, there are way too many characters who must appear, her brothers, other characters from the 28 clans etc.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 13:11   Link #1051
Iramohs

Quote:

Mari is extremely close to Tatsuya. So is Mayumi. It's why I resolutely will continue to believe it's Tatsuya. His real identity probably came as a huge shock to her as well. Also I think Tatsuya will gather everyone he can to assist him this arc. Acting as the scion of the Yotsuba from the 10MC to help track down Heigu before a civil war erupts.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 15:46   Link #1052
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Vol 17 cover out

Spoiler for Pic:

Is it just me or do they look young? Did Kana change her drawing style again?

I wonder whos the spiky black hair dude?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 19:01   Link #1053
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
It's possible that LIna wont turn up until after the attack on the 10MC conference, which will probably be towards the end of the volume. This volume will probably be structured similar to Yokohoma. I'd guess that the first volume will be mainly school focused with their friends reactions while the black sage will be a looming threat operating in the background throughout the volume, then most of the major action and events involving stars will be in the next volume.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 23:14   Link #1054
Kadia

Let's talk about the possible "cards" Yotsuba held against Kudo and Saesuga

-the evidence showing the collusion b/n Zhao and Koichi
I don't think there is any concrete evidence, Zhao is dead (for the moment i believe), how to convict Saegusa of any possible involvement. Maki? While we are at this discussion, i really feel that Koichi was being too paranoid-ish when he ordered Nakura to kill Zhao. And he has been getting nothing in returns for Saegusa from interfering or undermining with Yotsuba so far.

-the tape recording the confession of Sakai
Isn't it finalized that it can not spread publicly and well... it's kind of being recompensed with Retsu helping Tat to catch Zhao already.

My point is that Yotsuba held absolutely nothing against those two clans. How can Maya stand against hypocrite Retsu and child throwing tantrum Koichi?
Old 2015-07-09, 23:27   Link #1055
MRD143

If Yotsuba Maya takes all the evidence they have against Kudou Retsu and Saegusa Koichi to the Govt and or Sponsor they might get the green light to remove the problem, that is the real danger when trying to cross the Yotsuba.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 23:30   Link #1056
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
Let's talk about the possible "cards" Yotsuba held against Kudo and Saesuga

-the evidence showing the collusion b/n Zhao and Koichi
I don't think there is any concrete evidence, Zhao is dead (for the moment i believe), how to convict Saegusa of any possible involvement. Maki? While we are at this discussion, i really feel that Koichi was being too paranoid-ish when he ordered Nakura to kill Zhao. And he has been getting nothing in returns for Saegusa from interfering or undermining with Yotsuba so far.

-the tape recording the confession of Sakai
Isn't it finalized that it can not spread publicly and well... it's kind of being recompensed with Retsu helping Tat to catch Zhao already.

My point is that Yotsuba held absolutely nothing against those two clans. How can Maya stand against hypocrite Retsu and child throwing tantrum Koichi?
Even if the Yotsuba don't have any official evidence of the Saegusa's involvement with Zhou they can still act as if they do, Koichi doesn't know whether they have evidence or not. If they subtly imply that they have evidence then naturally Koichi will act cautiously when handling them even if he isn't convinced that they can prove it. The Yotsuba may also have evidence of his involvement in the anti magician media incident in volume 13.

As far as the Kudou go, the Yotsuba were the ones that wanted it not made public in the first place. There's nothing stopping them from anonymously linking the Kudou plans actions in volume 13 public. They can also make accusations against Minoru and several other things which , just like the Saegus, will probably be enough to stop them from openly opposing the Yotsuba too much.

Both events give the Yotsuba at least some degree of leverage, while neither the Saegusa or Kudou have any known leverage on the Yotsuba.
Old 2015-07-09, 23:58   Link #1057
Kadia

^ Apart from TatxMiyuki, does Maya know about Minoru's origin? She did mention in V16 that Miyuki wasn't like the defective product of Kudou so i guess she knows?

On the other hand, nobody know about Miyuki being modified Magician among 10MC. Retsu?
Old 2015-07-10, 00:03   Link #1058
somerand

Quote:
^ Apart from TatxMiyuki, does Maya know about Minoru's origin? She did mention in V16 that Miyuki wasn't like the defective product of Kudou so i guess she knows?

On the other hand, nobody know about Miyuki being modified Magician among 10MC. Retsu?
It was specifically mentioned by Maya that not even the branch heads know that Miyuki is modified, it was stated that only her, Hayama and the Head Yotsuba scientist that was involved do.

It seems unlikely that Maya knows about the incest, but Tatsuya/Miyuki are at least for now on team Yotsuba, I'm sure if the Kudou started taking damaging action against the Yotsuba clan that Miyuki is the heir of he would be more than willing to return fire.
Old 2015-07-10, 00:07   Link #1059
Aciald

Quote:

Doesn't matter it's apples and oranges. Minoru is a product of incest who was then modified. Miyuki is simply modified no incest involved. It's the incestous element thats the problem for Minoru not the modified part.

Keep in mind the EVERY single one of the 28 families is either a modified magician or the offspring of one, that was the point of the 10 labs after all. The issue with modified magicians is the risk of unstable power or short lifespans. Neither apply to Miyuki so there shouldn't be any issue.

In many ways Miyuki is the ultimate success of the 10 labs. A perfectly modified magician without side effects. Tatsuya would be the other ultimate success as an unstoppable killing machine.
Old 2015-07-10, 00:10   Link #1060
Kadia

If that were to happen, i feel sorry for Minoru. Anyway, in Mahouka world, does the entity like Minoru if being exposed will be punished by law? i mean the one responsible for the creation, Kudou clan.

I get that modified magicians(not Minoru incestuous case but general types like Minami) are the norm but not legitimate right? The offsprings of the previous generation are fine but the law should prohibit the creation of the new one??

Anyway, is there anyone think like me that Koich's artificial eye is his CAD? I just felt that way after rereading a few volumes recently.
And u remember the scenes where Koichi asked Mayumi to invite the siblings, it's not likely but i really wish that there is a side story abt the meeting.

Last edited by Kadia; 2015-07-10 at 01:31.