AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-31, 10:21   Link #1021
bluestahli1

Rias: let me win this, or I'm breaking up with you
Ise: fine..

Also can we have discussion without having to bring up the author? some of the posts here have been like "Oh X lost because the author..." so let's just have a nice discussion without having to involve outside forces
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 11:02   Link #1022
Lucidrago

Sairaorg vs Shooting Star: Sairaorg gets overwhelmed by Shooting Star and is on the ground almost unconscious. But his mother and brother start cheering for him. And his father even cheers him on...........in a condescending way. Sairaorg gets up with a newfound sense of determination. And still loses.

Indra vs Mahabali:

Mahabali: "You killed my father!"

Indra: "No Mahabali! I AM YOUR FATHER!"

Mahabali: "No! It can't be!"

Indra: "HAHAHAHA! Yeah I'm just screwing with you but you let your guard down."

Mahabali: "Wait wha-"

(Indra suddenly appears in front of Mahabali and slaps him so hard that it destroys the entire Rating Game field. Like the field can't even stand up to the force of the slap that Indra just delivered and Mahabali is knocked out of the artificial space entirely and into the real world)

Issei vs Rias: Rias and Akeno flash their breasts in front of Issei and Issei retires due to massive bloodloss.

Diehauser vs Zeno

Verrine: "It's an honor facing the Champion. How do you do, Emperor Belial?"

Diehauser: "I don't have time for you or your boyfriend. Because in my eyes, you two are...............worthless."

(Balberith and Verrine fall to their knees in shock and can't even stand back up due to the overwhelming pressure and coolness he just displayed. Diehauser won the match before it even began)

Cao Cao vs Surtr: Cao Cao uses Truth Idea and it summons the Mil-tan army and brings them under his control. He unleashes them on Surtr and his team. A massacre is too kind and an understatement to describe what the Mil-tan army did to Surtr and his team.

Ruval vs Typhon: Ruval and Riser show Typhon and his team the power of two immortal siscons.

Dulio vs Tobio: Dulio just starts spamming AOE attacks on the entire field hoping that he by chance hits Tobio or one of his team members.

Vali vs Sun Wukong: Vali pulls out a banana and throws it and Sun Wukong happily runs to get it. While Sun Wukong is distracted, Vali goes DxD L and hits him with Satan Lucifer Smasher. Vali wins.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 11:19   Link #1023
XFire
150% done

I vote everything ends with the opposite result of what Lucidrago just said.
Old 2018-07-31, 13:42   Link #1024
Djeveler

I just want to see Shooting Star win and go up against Indra's team even if he loses in the end. His wish is one of the most logically sound and altruistic and he hasn't had any spotlight yet, beyond a single display of power and being an underdog team which grew during the tournament and piled up wins in the latter stage of the preliminaries.

New high-tier Longinus versus top-tier God would also be great to read about. It will be sad to see someone as likable as Sairaorg lose, but he doesn't have that much to go for him that hasn't been explored yet.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 14:39   Link #1025
Blazor 98

What tier do you think Gasper's Longinus would be?
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 14:42   Link #1026
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post
I just want to see Shooting Star win and go up against Indra's team even if he loses in the end. His wish is one of the most logically sound and altruistic and he hasn't had any spotlight yet, beyond a single display of power and being an underdog team which grew during the tournament and piled up wins in the latter stage of the preliminaries.

New high-tier Longinus versus top-tier God would also be great to read about. It will be sad to see someone as likable as Sairaorg lose, but he doesn't have that much to go for him that hasn't been explored yet.
What does he wish for anyway?
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 15:01   Link #1027
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
What does he wish for anyway?
According to the Japanese wiki his wish is "life without food trouble". Essentially ending hunger, which is pretty standard and altruistic, up there with Dulio's wish.
Old 2018-07-31, 17:19   Link #1028
Sauron12561

bit boring as well, standard miss universe pagean wish
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 17:44   Link #1029
EternalDragonGod Ise

MY Guess who will win:

Sairaorg

Sakrà (Ise needs to give him a Life-Time-Beating)

Ise (To say Ise will lose is just yeah "PIEP".., and the Reasons why he would lose were not good at all)

Zeno

Surtr

Ruval

Tobio

Vali or Sun Wukong
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 19:12   Link #1030
Parry999

So has everyone forgotten Regulus Nemean resists projectiles?
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 19:17   Link #1031
Lucidrago

The matches are ambiguous as hell so it's kind of hard to judge. But in my view:

Sairaorg

Mahabali

Rias

Diehauser

Cao Cao or Surtr(Leaning towards Surtr on this one)

Ruval

Tobio

Vali or Sun Wukong(Leaning towards Vali on this one)

I'm basically counting on these to be wrong.

I'm basically the only one that's predicting that Rias will win(Why are you guys acting like a bunch of people are saying it). And my reasons were bad so I apologize for that. But then again there is. But the reasons I've heard for Issei winning were just as bad.
Old 2018-07-31, 19:37   Link #1032
Emperor of D.

@Lucidrago we know, you think Rias will win because of a hunch.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 19:46   Link #1033
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
So has everyone forgotten Regulus Nemean resists projectiles?
THat would only deal with the rifle of Shooting Star. And even then it's not an absolute thing, since Issei could get past it with Crimson Blaster by minimizing the area of impact. This is on an entirely different level, being able to blow away gods even in its base form.
Old 2018-07-31, 19:50   Link #1034
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post
THat would only deal with the rifle of Shooting Star. And even then it's not an absolute thing, since Issei could get past it with Crimson Blaster by minimizing the area of impact. This is on an entirely different level, being able to blow away gods even in its base form.
Sairaorg at a different level know to though.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 20:30   Link #1035
Lucidrago

Well we don't know the full specs and abilities of [Star Buster Star Blaster]. And for all we know he could have achieved Balance Breaker with it.

Plot twist: Shooting Star ends up recruiting Kanzaki onto his team.

Another plot twist: The last of the mass-produced devils have been created but the last devil hasn't been born yet. He starts wondering why he hasn't been born yet and thinks he's dead. But then abnormal readings start showing up and then the devil is suddenly born. Hades feels a cold chill because the devil gives off a bottomless aura that's comparable to Balberith. The devil tells Hades he's going to be acting on his own. Suddenly the devil blasts a hole through the facility and flies outside it. And then he blasts the research facility with his immense demonic powers and destroys it without a trace. All of the Grim Reapers inside perished without even a trace. But Hades managed to protect himself and Lilith from the blast. He transports Lilith to another research facility and has her put on life support systems again because he can't risk losing her. The devil leaves the Netherworld and somehow Shiva runs into him. The devil gets ready to fight Shiva but Shiva just waves him off. Shiva offers to take the devil under his wing(for the war against Indra probably). He thinks it'll be fun. He has no evil intentions in doing this but the devil has ideals that far surpass Hades and his Legion of Doom.

There you go for the final boss being related to Shiva.
Old 2018-07-31, 20:36   Link #1036
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Sairaorg at a different level know to though.
Sairaorg is at around God-class (possibly) in Breakdown the Beast, the same class of beings who couldn't withstand Star Buster Star Blaster's base power. Even with his resistance to projectiles, considering the sword is not a projectile, I doubt he will be able to take many hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well we don't know the full specs and abilities of [Star Buster Star Blaster]. And for all we know he could have achieved Balance Breaker with it.
If he has reached Balance Breaker with it, considering that the base form could blow away Gods without much issue (this can be read in both what is available of the Chinese translation of Volume 25 and in the Japanese wiki), then Sairaorg's chances look even more slim.
Old 2018-07-31, 21:38   Link #1037
Lucidrago

Well you could consider Sairaorg god-class in Breakdown the Beast. He was taking on Cao Cao who possesses the most powerful Longinus.

Really at this point it would be fair to consider Tobio, Dulio, Sairaorg, and Cao Cao god-class. If Asia's Balance Breaker is taking the attacks of a god, what do you think those four can do with Longinus which are able to kill gods.
Old 2018-07-31, 21:59   Link #1038
Djeveler

Quote:
Well you could consider Sairaorg god-class in Breakdown the Beast. He was taking on Cao Cao who possesses the most powerful Longinus.

Really at this point it would be fair to consider Tobio, Dulio, Sairaorg, and Cao Cao god-class. If Asia's Balance Breaker is taking the attacks of a god, what do you think those four can do with Longinus which are able to kill gods.
I pretty much took into account Sairaorg being God-class for my analysis. Shooting Star has overwhelmed gods with his base Sacred Gear, hence I believe he would beat Sairaorg, and if Shooting Star has Balance Breaker, even more so.

I highly doubt Dulio is God-class considering he was matched by CxC Issei with partial Pseudo-DxD. Granted, Dulio was not using his best fighting style in keeping a distance, but this is compensated by the fact he had light power which has special affinity toward Issei. I would put him as somewhat stronger than a Maou or a Seraph, but not at God-class.

Also, your last statement makes it seem like just by virtue of having a Longinus you would be God-class.
Old 2018-07-31, 22:48   Link #1039
Lucidrago

We'll the abilities of the Longinus are god-class by default. It doesn't make the possessor god-class but rather the Longinus gives the possessor's abilities that should logically only belong in the realm of gods. How do you think that Issei was able to lift up the Mjolnir replica and defeat Loki? Yes we know that Chichigamu gave Issei his blessing but still would he have been able to pick it up and defeat Loki without his Boosted Gear?

Or Dulio taking on Crom Cruach, the strongest Evil Dragon, in VOlume 18 and fighting him to a stalemate.
Old 2018-07-31, 23:08   Link #1040
Djeveler

Quote:
We'll the abilities of the Longinus are god-class by default. It doesn't make the possessor god-class but rather the Longinus gives the possessor's abilities that should logically only belong in the realm of gods. How do you think that Issei was able to lift up the Mjolnir replica and defeat Loki? Yes we know that Chichigamu gave Issei his blessing but still would he have been able to pick it up and defeat Loki without his Boosted Gear?

Or Dulio taking on Crom Cruach, the strongest Evil Dragon, in VOlume 18 and fighting him to a stalemate.
More like the abilities of the Longinus have the "potential" to be god-class. If they were god-class by default then you wouldn't see Riser matching BB Issei, Dulio being unable to deal with Cristaldi or Strada by himself without his BB, Ladon easily handling CxC Issei, etc.

The Mjolnir replica was not said to only be able to be lifted by gods, but rather that it's supposed to be as light as a feather for anyone with a pure heart, like the original one. Even with his Boosted Gear Issei could barely swing it in an extremely clumsy way. Loki's defeat was only brought due to the blessing of a god and lots of teamwork.

The specifics of Dulio's fight with Crom Cruach are unknown, so that can't be used as a reliable point of comparison. Or are you saying that CxC Issei with partial Pseudo-DxD can fight on par with Crom Cruach?