AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 22:24   Link #1021
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Someone in the Rosens could rival him when it comes to engineering.
No, Tatsuya is much better.
He's the Smartest person in the universe, no one can beat the god of knowledge.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 23:20   Link #1022
Echizen777

Azusa is just a CAD engineer. Tatsuya is a scientist who works on many fields since his childhood. Flight magic problem isn't something he created in one night and as he said it is just a step to solve a magic puzzle. We don't know many scientists in the series so Tatsuya is the only good example. But there is for example the creator of Brionac who created a weapon surpassing the limits of physics. For renowned scientists of his age there is George.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2014-05-25 at 00:25.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:30   Link #1023
Xacual

It probably doesn't help that the anime cut out Tatsuya saying to Sayaka that he was working on one of the three great mysteries.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 05:03   Link #1024
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It probably doesn't help that the anime cut out Tatsuya saying to Sayaka that he was working on one of the three great mysteries.
he kinda said that to her when he told her his reasons why he won't help with the school riot in enrollment. Besides the gravity sustained fusion reactor will come again in more detail in yokohama arc so its not like they cut some critical info out.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:01   Link #1025
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
he kinda said that to her when he told her his reasons why he won't help with the school riot in enrollment. Besides the gravity sustained fusion reactor will come again in more detail in yokohama arc so its not like they cut some critical info out.
They didn't cut critical info out but they did sure did a number on narrative continuity and coherence. Foreshadowing? Pfff, who needs it? Let's just get rid of all the hints about why Miyuki treats Tatsuya as she does, about Tatsuya's goal, about magician's having a hard time being recognised outside of the military. And while we're at it, why bother actually explaining how important the 10MC really are?

That aside, I agree with the complaints about their cutting out most of the humour from the scene where Tatsuya gets pressed into service as an engineer and yeah, Kanon's hair looks weird. Did they feel there were too many redheads already? Otherwosi, it was a nice episode. it suffers from the sudden scene change syndrome that most Mahouka episodes struggle with, but it was great to finally see Mikihiko. Loved the scene with the gang from 1-E, seeing all those new faces, Kazama and that last scene with the introduction of Flying-type magic.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:18   Link #1026
Verisimilitude

Well, they're visiting FLT next ep, right? That should get rid of the view that Tatsuya just solved Flying Magic in his spare time, on his own.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:27   Link #1027
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Well, they're visiting FLT next ep, right? That should get rid of the view that Tatsuya just solved Flying Magic in his spare time, on his own.
He did solve the puzzle on his own.
You know Tatsuya is the best. I believe no one can beat him even Jouji.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:38   Link #1028
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Zodiac Aries View Post
He did solve the puzzle on his own.
You know Tatsuya is the best. I believe no one can beat him even Jouji.
He may have done the theory but all the work is as much borne from Ushiyama's and the rest of the Division's work as much as Tatsuya's.
Old 2014-05-25, 10:01   Link #1029
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
He may have done the theory but all the work is as much borne from Ushiyama's and the rest of the Division's work as much as Tatsuya's.
Not to mentioned that flying magic already exists and has been researched for many years. I think Magic University's data does make him finished it faster too.
Old 2014-05-25, 10:50   Link #1030
Verisimilitude

My two cents on what I hope to see in the next two arcs:

We all know that the anime's primarily sacrificing side character action/interactions to focus on Tatsuya and Miyuki, and it's more or less a common complaints in the anime threads. However, if you think about it the next two arcs give plenty of opportunies for the rest of the characters to shine:

9SC
Honoka and Mari in Battle Board (plus MarixNaotsugu)
Kanon,Shizuku vs Miyuki in Icicle Destruction
Mayumi in Speed Shooting and Crowd Ball (and her "little brother"comments to Tatsuya)
Miki and Leo, Masaki, Juumonji (Phalanx yeah!) and Hattori in Monolith Code

Yokohama
Erika and Leo (especially with all the shipping the rest of the group did, plus the situation with Erika's sister)
Fujibayashi and Toshikazu ( I like their conversations with each other, as well as how she trolls him so much while he's just crushing on her and going along with what she asks)
Mari and Naotsugu
More or less every important student at this point of the novels....

So hopefully the anime will still contain many of these parts. I think it'll defintely help flesh the story out beyond our favourite siblings and resolve some of the issues.
Old 2014-05-25, 11:01   Link #1031
Echizen777

Quote:

9SC
Honoka and Mari in Battle Board (plus MarixNaotsugu)
Kanon,Shizuku vs Miyuki in Icicle Destruction
Mayumi in Speed Shooting and Crowd Ball (and her "little brother"comments to Tatsuya)
Miki and Leo, Masaki, Juumonji (Phalanx yeah!) and Hattori in Monolith Code

Yokohama
Erika and Leo (especially with all the shipping the rest of the group did, plus the situation with Erika's sister)
Fujibayashi and Toshikazu ( I like their conversations with each other, as well as how she trolls him so much while he's just crushing on her and going along with what she asks)
Mari and Naotsugu
More or less every important student at this point of the novels....

So hopefully the anime will still contain many of these parts. I think it'll defintely help flesh the story out beyond our favourite siblings and resolve some of the issues.
I swear...If Mayumi is treated like in the first arc I drop the anime. From the US site character comments, waiting for the bus part. We know at least that Masaki and George presenting to Tatsuya and commenting his first battle will be here. So, tatsuya commenting his battle should be here too. Naotsugu's scene is nigh impossible to cut out because of Mari's foreshadowing, the later arcs and Erika. Another good thing I would have to see adapted properly is Mikihiko's character development in this arc. I can't wait to see him swear vindication to George.

Actually I think we will see all the battles. Since all the matches from 1st were mostly easy victories. They can adapt it rapidly.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 11:02   Link #1032
guestuser

now that i think about it what do tatsuya do for the later 2nd and 3rd arc because i feel like he dont do much until he is needed and just let the other character take the spotlight and even when he do the brain work he is still in the shadows
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 07:20   Link #1033
Ultragunner

The PV for the next ep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrKCzTnmKks

Where in the LN do you guys think ep 9 will take us?
Old 2014-05-26, 07:32   Link #1034
Chris38

^ Well, based upon the preview ... it seems to be pretty slow paced, so I think it will only cover about 1,5 - 2 of the next chapters following the one that they ended episode 8 with.

Basically I think it will end somewhere around the moment when the 'car accident' has occurred.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 07:43   Link #1035
Ultragunner

^ that would make a "good" cliffhanger

Or they can end the episode when Mayumi gets on bus, hopefully they won't cut out the part when she tries to tease Tatsuya
Old 2014-05-26, 09:19   Link #1036
pampz21
ShipCore

Erika went back to short hair~
I wish it would be a PV mistake!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 10:08   Link #1037
Ultragunner

On 4chan: Mahouka hate thread - 47,752
Mahouka - 39,541
Is this true? LOL
Old 2014-05-26, 10:24   Link #1038
guestuser

^i find that quite weird i check a few of those comment they said it was entertaining and bad at the same time so they just watch it because it is bad yet it is entertaining well it serve its propose as entertainment but not in a positive way
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 10:27   Link #1039
NeutralZero

Haven't seen 4Chan but visited a certain site that featured Mahouka's ep (can't remember the exact ep #)
but yeah
too much hate/bashing
one of the common thing they like to use against Mahouka is Miyuki's unhealthy affection for Tatsuya
and those who generally hate incest
Tatsuya's OPness... and any reason they can find...

that aside
just hope the cd version of Mahouka have some additional scene...
they cut/remove some good scenes...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 11:13   Link #1040
Ultragunner

just a thought, according to the PV for ep 9, where is the part when Tatsuya and Miyuki go to FLT? Don't tell me Madhouse will cut that out!??