AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-04-10, 12:21   Link #1021
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The thing with Gasper and Balor is that the power was awakened after Gasper had already been reincarnated (unless I'm mistaken). If this is so, then even if Balor had kept his divinity, it still would've been fine.
Old 2017-04-10, 21:18   Link #1022
anifreik

The reason Gasper was chased out of the Vampire country was because his time stopping ability was freaking everyone the hell out.
Old 2017-04-11, 00:28   Link #1023
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
The thing with Gasper and Balor is that the power was awakened after Gasper had already been reincarnated (unless I'm mistaken). If this is so, then even if Balor had kept his divinity, it still would've been fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifreik View Post
The reason Gasper was chased out of the Vampire country was because his time stopping ability was freaking everyone the hell out.
Did you guys forget how Gasper's mother died?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 06:17   Link #1024
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, I forgot. But then Balor's power within Gasper had already awakened?
Old 2017-04-11, 09:56   Link #1025
B214

Yes. Lord Vladi even explained it.

Quote:
“……When that was born……it didn’t have the shape of a person. Something black and creepy that was squirming came out from his mother’s womb. Something that you can’t describe with words came out from the womb. Something that wasn’t a human or a Vampire or even a monster. His mother saw that with her own eyes and went insane, leading to her death.”
Gasper had that power from birth.
Old 2017-04-11, 10:22   Link #1026
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Balor is sealed inside the Sacred Gear Gasper has and his divinity is gone. Doesn't this mean Gasper's Sacred Gear was awakened since birth, with Balance Breaker? The monster should be his Balance Breaker, right? Vali reached Balance Breaker at a young age too, but even he didn't reach it right at birth. Tobio also reached it when he was really young, and he had to have his power sealed so that it wouldn't destroy him, but even he probably didn't reach Balance Breaker at birth. Gasper really is a monster if he managed to do it.
Old 2017-04-12, 00:35   Link #1027
B214

Tobio is kinda in the same situation as Gasper. He unlock his BB from birth. Though i think Gasper's case was much more severe than Tobio.
Old 2017-04-12, 03:01   Link #1028
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Tobio had to activate it himself, probably, right? And yet Gasper was born in Balor mode, meaning his Balance Breaker was already activated. Yep, Gasper's is more severe.

Edit: I was thinking. We talked before about Great Red's scale color, right? I'm thinking that since he is the "Red Dragon God Emperor", his scales should be red. In which Ise's scales in full Dragonified form being crimson is weird, unless there's a good explanation. And as for his aura now being crimson and jet-black, I think it could be influence of the Dragon Deification. His aura in DxD G mode is like that, after all. Before that, it was red. You guys remember the mini-chapter "To Be Infuriated" in Volume 20? When Ise's aura was being released in that chapter, it was said to be red. The Evil Pieces he was given when he became a High-class Devil are also red. Rias' are crimson, just like the 8 Pieces of Pawn inside Ise. Rias' aura is crimson, and plus his own armor turned crimson because he was thinking about her and her crimson hair that time. But his aura was still red. I want to know what the color of his aura is when he shows it now. If it's crimson and black, then it should be from the influence of Dragon Deification.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-04-12 at 03:21.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 06:43   Link #1029
B214

Tobio was born with his BB, his grandmother sealed that power because it may cause harm to him.
Old 2017-04-12, 08:21   Link #1030
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So he was also in Balance Breaker state when he was born, like Gasper?
Old 2017-04-12, 10:21   Link #1031
B214

Yes he was.

Quote:
‘Ikuse Tobio’s grandmother placed a seal on her grandchild who was naturally born possessing power to break the balance of the world. You guys came casually into contact with that in such a reckless and rude manner——. You wanted to see it didn’t you? Abandoning everything for the sake of seeing this form right? That comes at a price. It’s nice to be able to enjoy being able to freely watch you getting sliced apart.’
Old 2017-04-12, 11:07   Link #1032
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Mm. Got it. Thanks for the quote. So that's it. Gasper and Tobio are both monsters.

What do you think about it my "edit" in Post #1028?
Old 2017-04-12, 11:57   Link #1033
B214

It could simply be Ise's Dragon aura. All Dragons seem to have specific colored aura after all.

Well Vali can change his color to silver too, so it's best not to think too much on it.
Old 2017-04-12, 13:01   Link #1034
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise's was probably red in Volume 20 because of Ddraig's power, and then it may have changed to crimson and jet-black because of the influence of Dragon Deification. Ise didn't change his aura's color himself, though, I'm sure.
Old 2017-04-12, 16:44   Link #1035
Hakai

V7:
Quote:
“Look carefully, Hyoudou Issei. That is the one, I wanted to see.”

A gigantic creature….. A true-red coloured dragon appeared in the sky swimming magnificently
Translator's Notes and References from V21:
Quote:
↑ Ani – older brother. Otouto – younger brother. Kanji was Deep Red and True Red. However, deep red and true red are often both called crimson.
Quote:
↑ The literal translation of crimson is deep red for Sirzechs, whereas the literal translation of crimson is true red for Issei.
Now I can't say surely since I don't know Japanese but Great Red might be Crimson in color as well.

Crimson is red after all, just strong and deep.
Old 2017-04-12, 17:09   Link #1036
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. That's true. Thanks for those quotes. But "true red" or "deep red" aside, in Volume 20, the color of Ise's aura was clearly stated to be "red" (no mention of "true" anywhere). But yeah, since Ophis' power hadn't awakened yet, and also because the ∞ Blaster is said to be an embodiment of Great Red's and Ophis' powers which means that a bit of Great Red is involved in DxD G mode as well even though it's mainly from Ophis' power, once can clearly say that his aura was red because of Ddraig back then and that it turned crimson and black due to the influence of Dragon Deification, though that still raises the question of why Ise's aura wasn't ever said to be those colors outside of DxD G mode (and crimson only in Cardinal Crimson Queen) until Elmenhilde got those colors on her aura from drinking Ise's blood? Could it be that Ise doesn't have aura with those colors yet, but will when he masters his powers? "Aura representing Ise's potential"?

I think we should wait until we see Ise himself bring out his aura in base form. If it's crimson and jet-black, then that's that. But right now I'm thinking he only gets those colors in his aura in DxD G mode, while Cardinal Crimson Queen is crimson and the aura outside that is (or should be) red.
Old 2017-04-12, 21:33   Link #1037
B214

@Osman, no. From Volume 10.

Quote:
In the vison, Buchou’s breast who is holding me glows in crimson colour. The Crimson aura then envelops my body……..
Quote:
I became enveloped with a vast amount of crimson aura, and went ahead at godspeed!

[Star Sonic Booster!!!]
Quote:
The crimson aura covers my right arm, and my right arm morphs into that of Triaina-Rook’s! I will increase the impact by nailing down the percussion hammer and increase the damage!
Quote:
A crimson aura was shot and it envelops Sairaorg-san! After creating a huge explosion, the smoke stops and creates a big crack on the ground. At the centre of the crater, Sairaorg-san was lying on the ground.
That's why i said you're overthinking it. Just like Vali with Silver. Ise with crimson is probably just to show their difference with the Dragons inside them.
Old 2017-04-12, 22:40   Link #1038
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I guess his aura just reflects the source of his particular power's awakening. In triaina, even the evil pieces were crimson not to mention Rias' booby magic involved. This was what I thought when I read it at least..

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 06:05   Link #1039
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@B214: Um, I did mention the crimson aura in Cardinal Crimson Queen, didn't I? Did you not notice? I was saying that aside from that and the crimson and jet-black aura in DxD G mode, his aura is red. Unless the influence of Dragon Deification changed his aura to crimson and jet-black permanently, though we'll have to wait until he releases his aura in base form to make sure of that. And in case you didn't notice, the quotes you brought in are from when he first awakened the True Queen. I never even tried to deny that his armor and aura in that form are crimson. Read my posts more carefully, please.

Even if the main reason is to show the difference between the Dragons inside them and themselves, Ise also had Rias' breasts evolving at the time he awakened the True Queen which caused his armor to turn crimson, and in DxD G mode he has crimson and jet-black armor and aura. Ise doesn't just have Ddraig's power anymore, he also has Great Red's flesh and Ophis' power now.

@Katokateki: The Triaina and True Queen represent the release of Ddraig's original power, so the Triaina being red makes more sense. The armor and aura turned crimson in the True Queen form because Ise was thinking about Rias and her crimson hair that time, which made Rias' breasts go into the second phase () which in turn allowed them to give off a crimson glow that covered Ise's body and turned his armor and aura crimson.
Old 2017-04-13, 06:19   Link #1040
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@B214: Um, I did mention the crimson aura in Cardinal Crimson Queen, didn't I? Did you not notice? I was saying that aside from that and the crimson and jet-black aura in DxD G mode, his aura is red. Unless the influence of Dragon Deification changed his aura to crimson and jet-black permanently, though we'll have to wait until he releases his aura in base form to make sure of that. And in case you didn't notice, the quotes you brought in are from when he first awakened the True Queen. I never even tried to deny that his armor and aura in that form are crimson. Read my posts more carefully, please.

Even if the main reason is to show the difference between the Dragons inside them and themselves, Ise also had Rias' breasts evolving at the time he awakened the True Queen which caused his armor to turn crimson, and in DxD G mode he has crimson and jet-black armor and aura. Ise doesn't just have Ddraig's power anymore, he also has Great Red's flesh and Ophis' power now.

@Katokateki: The Triaina and True Queen represent the release of Ddraig's original power, so the Triaina being red makes more sense. The armor and aura turned crimson in the True Queen form because Ise was thinking about Rias and her crimson hair that time, which made Rias' breasts go into the second phase () which in turn allowed them to give off a crimson glow that covered Ise's body and turned his armor and aura crimson.
Vali's DxD L also has the black aura. I would assume it's due to Ophis' influence rather than deitification influence.

Quote:
[[[Satan Lucifer Smasher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]]]

The massive bombardment of silvery-white and jet-black aura was fired out from the muzzle on his abdomen—.
Quote:
[The silvery-white Morning Star I possess within me, claim the throne of Dawn—]

In response to Albion’s chant, the wings of light on his back — became infused with black. Following that, pair after pair of new wings extended out from his back.

“—The jet-black God of Infinity”

Tags
dxd