Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-22, 02:00   Link #1021
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
It went for a week? I had assumed it was over in a day, as soon as the Apachi Gunships and tanks showed up, they tore them to shreds. So it took a week for Toyko to go into matial law? or something like that?
Using US and Canada as example since i have the most experience with them.
I imagine were this to happen in Japan pretty much the same would happen.
So if this Fantasy world invasion happened in real life in a random major north American city it would take around 16 hours for the military to be READY to mobilize in force(depending on the city) because of the simple facts that it happened out of the blue and the nature of whats happening is so far out the left field the local strategic level TOC would be so f**ked for trying to piece together intel because they can't distinguish the disinformation from the misinformation in that first few chaotic hour. I pity the nearest divisional G2 and his staff for having the misfortune of being the dudes that will have to sort this disaster out.
Obviously air assets would be scrambled first and those would get spun up quicker since we would always have Immediate reaction air asset in place. But you can't take back a city with air power alone; never mind the fact that the amount of paperwork and red tape required for military air to target anything in a domestic city can crush an Olympic weight lifter.

Ground troop is the deciding factors here but they are also the most taxing to spun up fully. There is simply too many logistical nightmare to mention when suddenly out of the blue a CO orders the mobilization of a Unit. National guard and reserve units would take forever because pretty much everyone has a day job and recalling everyone takes hours, even reg force guys can be hard to recall back if this shit happens during off duty hours or on a weekend. Generally speaking from experience you are looking at 6 hours minimum to have everyone in any given battalion sized unit assembled and geared up with engines started and guns loaded,and they haven't even left their base gates yet. Keep in mind that the 6 hours is if only everything goes off perfect which i assure you it never happens. Of course other unit could take just as long as you did or even longer to be ready and if that other unit serves a particular crucial role in battle to your unit ,such as an logistic division for example then you sure aren't going to leave without them, and you can most certainly bet no one is going to send in the tanks to take back a city with no infantry support. In general its one big clusterF**k no one wants to deal with. Speaking from personal experience again the quickest emergency recall in reaction to an active domestic threat i experienced was 8 hours fully loaded, briefed and out the door. The fastest ones i ve seen is with my buddy who is in SF and has a pager from work attached to his hip 24/7. We were out quading and i had to drive him back to base due to time constraints. He was wheels up and being briefed on a C-17 with his kit less than 5 hours after the pagers gone off.

Granted IRU and SOF units can respond much quicker but that is their job and there generally wouldn't be enough of them in any one given area to retake a city. And SOF units in particular would not be deployed at all without good solid Intel on whats happening on the ground. at this point the Team shooters would be sitting on their planes and waiting for the go order.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 02:35   Link #1022
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Using US and Canada as example since i have the most experience with them.
I imagine were this to happen in Japan pretty much the same would happen.
So if this Fantasy world invasion happened in real life in a random major north American city it would take around 16 hours for the military to be READY to mobilize in force(depending on the city) because of the simple facts that it happened out of the blue and the nature of whats happening is so far out the left field the local strategic level TOC would be so f**ked for trying to piece together intel because they can't distinguish the disinformation from the misinformation in that first few chaotic hour. I pity the nearest divisional G2 and his staff for having the misfortune of being the dudes that will have to sort this disaster out.
Obviously air assets would be scrambled first and those would get spun up quicker since we would always have Immediate reaction air asset in place. But you can't take back a city with air power alone; never mind the fact that the amount of paperwork and red tape required for military air to target anything in a domestic city can crush an Olympic weight lifter.

Ground troop is the deciding factors here but they are also the most taxing to spun up fully. There is simply too many logistical nightmare to mention when suddenly out of the blue a CO orders the mobilization of a Unit. National guard and reserve units would take forever because pretty much everyone has a day job and recalling everyone takes hours, even reg force guys can be hard to recall back if this shit happens during off duty hours or on a weekend. Generally speaking from experience you are looking at 6 hours minimum to have everyone in any given battalion sized unit assembled and geared up with engines started and guns loaded,and they haven't even left their base gates yet. Keep in mind that the 6 hours is if only everything goes off perfect which i assure you it never happens. Of course other unit could take just as long as you did or even longer to be ready and if that other unit serves a particular crucial role in battle to your unit ,such as an logistic division for example then you sure aren't going to leave without them, and you can most certainly bet no one is going to send in the tanks to take back a city with no infantry support. In general its one big clusterF**k no one wants to deal with. Speaking from personal experience again the quickest emergency recall in reaction to an active domestic threat i experienced was 8 hours fully loaded, briefed and out the door. The fastest ones i ve seen is with my buddy who is in SF and has a pager from work attached to his hip 24/7. We were out quading and i had to drive him back to base due to time constraints. He was wheels up and being briefed on a C-17 with his kit less than 5 hours after the pagers gone off.

Granted IRU and SOF units can respond much quicker but that is their job and there generally wouldn't be enough of them in any one given area to retake a city. And SOF units in particular would not be deployed at all without good solid Intel on whats happening on the ground. at this point the Team shooters would be sitting on their planes and waiting for the go order.
IMO, it could be:

initial phase
- normal policemen armed with standard issue handguns and shotguns (btw arent most police cruisers in the world housing shotguns as a default and not SMG's like the UMP?) with cruisers for barricades
- sharpshooters and any SWAT equivalent carrying assault rifles and high caliber rifles with their vehicles
- riot police replacing their riot shields and batons with handguns and heavy shields against would-be melee fighters

mid phase
- national guard equivalents scramble their way to the zone, some troopers looking like they're just out of bed and just hastily strapped their kits as well as hummvees and troop transports
- nearest garrison will respond and will also look like they just got out of bed and just strapped their kits. possibility that light vehicles such as the Bradley and Stryker will have authority to roll in

late phase
- army unit mobilizes in full gear with light vehicle support and tanks to zone
- helos and jets would at this time get clearance to blast the living crap out of whatever the hell is in there
Old 2014-01-22, 02:43   Link #1023
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
why the war last from v3-5? JSDF able to one-shot them right?
Lots of speculations again, but that's just not how it happens.

There's a lot of down times between the volumes, and it's not a single offensive mission.

BOOM -> temporary resolved -> back to the politics table -> shit happens again -> BOOM -> back to the table

Each offensive does not take volumes, no, but Japan isn't willing to do a hostile take over, so all they can do is BOOM (i.e. Look we can easily take you, so BEHAVE).

Spoiler:

Last edited by aohige; 2014-01-23 at 14:38. Reason: spelling
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 06:53   Link #1024
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Lots of speculations again, but that's just now how it happens.

There's a lot of down times between the volumes, and it's not a single offensive mission.

BOOM -> temporary resolved -> back to the politics table -> shit happens again -> BOOM -> back to the table

Each offensive does not take volumes, no, but Japan isn't willing to do a hostile take over, so all they can do is BOOM (i.e. Look we can easily take you, so BEHAVE).

Spoiler:
Speak softly... Carry a bi *cough*... BIG. Stick... you'll go far...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 10:04   Link #1025
John117xCortana

Whats the date for the next release of the manga chapter?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 10:11   Link #1026
Awrya
U mad?

Next raw chapter is scheduled to come out January 30th, so a week from now.
Old 2014-01-23, 12:13   Link #1027
ChuckE
Provoker

I've got a spoiler question: who will be in MC harem?
Old 2014-01-23, 12:40   Link #1028
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
I've got a spoiler question: who will be in MC harem?
The princess, the reaper, the wizard girl and the combo of black & white Elf. You can include his former wife if you want
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 19:08   Link #1029
Hata
時の異邦人

some new MATURE/NSFW drawings of Rori,

http://anime.joyreactor.cc/post/1129025
Old 2014-01-23, 19:39   Link #1030
Xacual

Yeah the manga artist really like Rori, though he's drawn the other girls a few times too. http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=4898802

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 20:06   Link #1031
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Would be a lot cooler if there was more than 1 gate.

I mean, the Deus Ex Machina is pretty funny.

Still, I might read this. Problem is I'm a bit to sensitive to things that seem too nationalistic.

...and I live in 'MURICA.
Old 2014-01-24, 02:00   Link #1032
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
The princess, the reaper, the wizard girl and the combo of black & white Elf. You can include his former wife if you want
Why stop there? what about the maids too? ^_~

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 02:08   Link #1033
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
Would be a lot cooler if there was more than 1 gate.

I mean, the Deus Ex Machina is pretty funny.

Still, I might read this. Problem is I'm a bit to sensitive to things that seem too nationalistic.

...and I live in 'MURICA.
You mean like this?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-24, 13:37   Link #1034
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Psh, needs more fighter jets, SCUDs, and American flags.

But yeah close enough.
Old 2014-01-29, 05:10   Link #1035
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.33 does not figure on the alphapolis series page yet, but the scans are already on the server. You just need to dig a bit to get them; nothing too difficult.

Spoiler for ch.33:
Old 2014-01-29, 06:34   Link #1036
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ch.33 does not figure on the alphapolis series page yet, but the scans are already on the server. You just need to dig a bit to get them; nothing too difficult.

Spoiler for ch.33:
... now would be the time to show them gunboat diplomacy in the form of... well... lets say answering the question of what a 9mm, .45 ACP, 7.62x51 will do to living flesh. no seriously, I want him to see whatever the hell they have done and what their soldiers would do. war rape aint on the level of this but summarily executing someone such as that punk prince in front of the king SHOULD give him something to fear.

ANYONE would snap at that... not sure what our medieval predecessors would feel about it but if it were to be done, gutting them like a pig would be sufficient.
Old 2014-01-29, 07:13   Link #1037
Kamui04

Well somebody already ripped the images for ch. 33 early. But the Alphapolis website should have the chapter link up in a few hours. Also some NSFW pages in this chapter.

Well sage Kato showing his perverted face while being squeezed by Delila and another bunny girl during the earthquake XD
And I really envy all those JSDF soldiers in the Capital 'rescuing' the group of prostitutes.

Spoiler for Chapter 33 spoilers:

Last edited by Kamui04; 2014-01-29 at 08:06.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 08:43   Link #1038
Breimoon

Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 10:38   Link #1039
jerys

Can someone give me spoiler what will happen next chapter?
I really want to know!!
jerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 10:40   Link #1040
John117xCortana

Remember that certain picture where one of Itami's squad member was cracking her knuckles and had the eyes of evil? That.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction