AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-02-03, 22:28   Link #1001
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
How is the Kamen Rider series now-a-days? I was a big fan a couple years back with Kabuto and Den-O. I actually own a ton of the devices... A Den-O Belt, a Zerenos Belt and weapon, a Kabutech Zecter.. Good times.
After Den-O...

-Kiva is hated by most.
-Decade is the most controversial.
-W generally considered among the best.
-OOO is considered to be good overall.
-Fourze gets mixed reactions.
-Wizard is considered disappointing.

And the general consensus for the current series, Gaim, seems to be very positive. I've been loving it so far and can easily become one of my favorites.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 22:28   Link #1002
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Maybe Helheim is a parallel version of their world (because we know Kamen Rider has those) which was completely consumed by the forest and what Micchy saw was the ruins of Zawame City?
The Gaim AR World in the Movie War is an alternate universe with a sacred tree as well.

Difference it does not have a Mai miko priestess and Bushin Riders (native Alternate Hesei Riders) fighting for territory instead of Armored Riders. Which is why Bushin (War God) Gaim ordered a monster to kidnap Mai. As whatever ritual he was about to do needed one.

In the prologue we saw the Yggdrasil tower in the background of the battle.

We know Yggdrasil has an uprooted sacred tree inside the tower.

Gen Urobuchi did say the the prologue is one possibility of what can happen.

The reason why Helheim Mai says you can't escape fate is because she has seen this before.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2014-02-03 at 23:46.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 22:32   Link #1003
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The Gaim AR World in the Movie is an alternate universe with a sacred tree as well.
Decade heavily implied that there are more than one AR world from each series.
Old 2014-02-03, 22:49   Link #1004
Hana
izumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
After Den-O...

-Kiva is hated by most.
-Decade is the most controversial.
-W generally considered among the best.
-OOO is considered to be good overall.
-Fourze gets mixed reactions.
-Wizard is considered disappointing.

And the general consensus for the current series, Gaim, seems to be very positive. I've been loving it so far and can easily become one of my favorites.
Thanks. I might watch a couple of them. I saw a bit of Kiva.. That was the.. vampire one.. right? Why does everyone hate it?

I think I saw a bit of Decade too. Mostly because it had all the old suits.. That was pretty cool. That Kamen Ride sound bit was pretty cool too >_>
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 23:20   Link #1005
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana View Post
Thanks. I might watch a couple of them. I saw a bit of Kiva.. That was the.. vampire one.. right? Why does everyone hate it?
Don't know, I personally like Kiva a lot.
Old 2014-02-04, 00:09   Link #1006
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Kiva is a bit dissapointed, but nothing too heavy. The same with Decade, however, it get 50-50: A half hate it, and another think that it's wasted potential.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 00:17   Link #1007
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Kiva is a bit dissapointed, but nothing too heavy. The same with Decade, however, it get 50-50: A half hate it, and another think that it's wasted potential.
Decade is my personal favorite.
Old 2014-02-04, 00:48   Link #1008
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Double was my best originally, but Gaim beats everything flat. Even though it FEELS like a Holy Grail War, I like that it even DOES.

The following point is personal from perspective: I like how little nuggets Gen sneaked into Gaim of his previous works, like the Grief Seed, the Holy Grail War format, and I habor a sinister thought that Helheim Mai might be a Saya no Uta in the making.

Best of all, no cheap MotF and good plot pacing such that we've already gotten far more plot out of 14 episodes than most KR series out of 30-40 episodes.
Old 2014-02-04, 09:13   Link #1009
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Double was my best originally, but Gaim beats everything flat. Even though it FEELS like a Holy Grail War, I like that it even DOES.
The Highlander setting is only on paper, and very superficial at that.

The current status quo is Rebels vs. Corporation, which to Gaim defense has been an undertone of the series premise since it was announced.
Old 2014-02-04, 19:37   Link #1010
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yggdrasil has so far demonstrated that it isn't Umbrella Corp stupid. Even each cog has their own reason for how things are at the moment. Another plus point.

The pacing and plot elements make an interesting story they involves the viewers more than the more recent Riders series.

So even if I got the setting entirely wrong, I still firmly believe Gaim is the best Heisei Rider series.
Old 2014-02-10, 07:04   Link #1011
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hey, this is VERY IMPORTANT matter to the next Movie WAR. Read it: http://henshinjustice.com/2014/02/08...e-fans-decide/
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 08:47   Link #1012
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Why do they have to make Oren look ridiculous? And I thought Micchy would side with his brother, only to switch alliances with Ryoma; all for the sake of staying with his friends. The spirit of Sengoku era, indeed. I wonder if how long can he maintain the "status quo" he created.

And I've just watched the most hilarious trolling in this series so far. Poor Hideyasu...
Old 2014-02-10, 19:19   Link #1013
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hey, this is VERY IMPORTANT matter to the next Movie WAR. Read it: http://henshinjustice.com/2014/02/08...e-fans-decide/
Yup, doesn't help Black RX and Gaim are tied in my books... with BRX being the damn cool nostalgia factor and Gaim just being that good.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:24   Link #1014
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

I like how the series is building up, so much tension building up and with each episode it feels like the characters are setting up bigger and bigger hopes for them to get crushed later on.

Question, though.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-11, 02:09   Link #1015
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
I like how the series is building up, so much tension building up and with each episode it feels like the characters are setting up bigger and bigger hopes for them to get crushed later on.

Question, though.

Spoiler:
[spoiler] Considering that Malika keeps telling him to attack Kouta go I'm gonna go with yes. [/quote]

Also, Knuckle next week! Can't wait to see him in action.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 21:36   Link #1016
GDB

Good episode. Knuckle looks a bit asinine, as there's very little color coordination going on, so hopefully he gets a new lock seed relatively soon. Then again, Micchy has that amazing kiwi seed and only used it once or twice, so we're probably stuck with Walnut.

Really hope Durian is gone for a while. He needs to be put down at this point if he isn't going to succeed at all. He's feeling a bit too much like Team Rocket.

But, good to see we're going to get some intense energy arms battles going on next week. I'd like to see if Kouta can mix other seeds with the Lemon Energy than just orange. Be interesting if mixing could create a stronger armor if the flavors matched up (like if he got a Lime lock seed or something).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 20:00   Link #1017
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Great episode as usual. I think Oren's going to be out for a while. Though I really want to see Gridon again.

OTOH, I wonder what is that Lockseed Kaito picked from the forest...
Old 2014-02-18, 20:06   Link #1018
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Great episode as usual. I think Oren's going to be out for a while. Though I really want to see Gridon again.

OTOH, I wonder what is that Lockseed Kaito picked from the forest...
I think it was a Dandeliner (the hover-bikes) seed.
Old 2014-02-18, 22:02   Link #1019
GDB

That's definitely what it looked like.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 18:28   Link #1020
Frontier

Yeah, Oren/Bravo has definitely fallen in terms of threat-level now that Gaim has Jimber Arms. It'll be interesting to see where the show takes him now, though I'm a little more interested in what's going to happen to Gridon .

Yeah, it's weird that Kiwi Arms hasn't made a reappearance. I heard it was in the Movie War with Wizard though .

What in the preview has me the most excited? Setting aside Gaim and Baron finally taking on Yggdrasil, but we finally have the rematch between Gaim and Zangetsu !

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu