Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-08-15, 22:39   Link #1001
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furuno View Post
It's simple, just drag that layer on your layer pane to the position you want it to be...
It sound simple but i failed to understand the dragging is from where to where?

I guess the "layer panel" is the one called "Layers" next to "history" and actions.

But where is "where i want it to be"?
Not the layer panel, the "Original/Optimised/2-Up/4-p" or the lower panel "Animation/Image Map/Slice" becuase I can't

I know I sound dumb enough, so you don't have to remind me how newb-ish I am
Old 2008-08-15, 23:01   Link #1002
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It sound simple but i failed to understand the dragging is from where to where?

I guess the "layer panel" is the one called "Layers" next to "history" and actions.

But where is "where i want it to be"?
Not the layer panel, the "Original/Optimised/2-Up/4-p" or the lower panel "Animation/Image Map/Slice" becuase I can't

I know I sound dumb enough, so you don't have to remind me how newb-ish I am
No question is a dumb question. Don't worry.

And I just happened to have my Photoshop open so, hopefully this little image helps. ^^
Old 2008-08-16, 02:01   Link #1003
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
No question is a dumb question. Don't worry.

And I just happened to have my Photoshop open so, hopefully this little image helps. ^^
Hey thank ^^
I thought that if you want to put one layer onto another, you have to stack one over another. Didn't expect that you just need to put one into higher position than another.
Old 2008-08-18, 13:07   Link #1004
escimo
Paparazzi

Styled Text

Styled Text

Since there have been a few inquiries about the text styling in couple of my sigs, it's tutorial time!
Try not to be too distracted by pantsu-shot. And I'm not listening to complaints, about how the sig utterly fails. It's text styling tutorial and I wasn't too inspired to get very artistic with it.

Voilá. Here's what we're after. There are a couple of features that are often forgotten to get there.

Let's start with an epic text fail.

It's unstyled all right.

The character palette is now your best friend.
Photoshop allows changing proportions, spacing alignment color, font etc. etc. of each character individually, so practically anything can be done using a single text layer, unless you want to use different layer effects or blending mode. However if you don't it's highly recommended to try using single layer as much as possible because it makes managing the blending and effects much easier.

Spoiler for size:

Options are:
Font family, font variant
font size, vertical spacing (leading)
kerning (distance between characters), horizontal spacing (tracking)
vertical and horizontal scaling
baseline shift... the rest are somewhat self explanatory.

As said these can be adjusted separately for each character so with some screwing around you can end up with something like this.

Font size of the leading character has been increased quite dramatically, font of the rest has been changed. Baseline of both "tyled" and "Text has been increased to fit them inside the S's horns, horizontal spacing of the "S" has been reduced quite dramatically and slightly for the rest of the text. And that's about it.

Couldn't find the fonts used in teh internetz as free downloads, so exact values will not be provided as they're very font specific.

Then the text layer has been tilted with free transform tool. Free transform is nothing to be feared with text, it scales styling almost perfectly and the text remains editable after transform.

It's still black... Boring...
If you use background layer for the basic coloring and place effect layers on it using blending modes such as burns, dodges or overlays, your life just got easy.

If it looks fine just by using basic overlay or something similar - good. But there are options if it looks messy.
In the "Blending Options" tab of layer effects palette, there's a "Knockout" option. What this does is it basically discards all other layers other than background layer in blending. Haven't been able to figure out the difference between "Shallow" and "Deep" options but maybe someone else can shed some light on that matter.

So I changed the color of the text to light orange, blending mode to overlay and knockout to shallow. Then added stroke and drop shadow. Done.

Here's a PSD for you to play around with. You'll probably learn more by studying it than reading this tutorial.

Rearranging layers changes the result quite a bit so experiment with it.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 18:13   Link #1005
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Nice Tutorial escimo! I've been wondering how you made text like that for a while now
Old 2008-08-18, 23:15   Link #1006
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Good job on the tut escimo..

Regarding the knock out effect.. Shallow will only work if there's a layer group involved.

For example .. you have layer 1 and layer 2 in set 1 and layer 3 and layer 4 in set 2. if you apply knock out effect -> shallow on layer 1, it will affect layer 2 only since its the same set as layer 1. knock out effect -> deep will act like there's no set involves at all ^^

I hope that little explanation helps
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 12:50   Link #1007
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Good job on the tut escimo..

Regarding the knock out effect.. Shallow will only work if there's a layer group involved.

For example .. you have layer 1 and layer 2 in set 1 and layer 3 and layer 4 in set 2. if you apply knock out effect -> shallow on layer 1, it will affect layer 2 only since its the same set as layer 1. knock out effect -> deep will act like there's no set involves at all ^^

I hope that little explanation helps
Oh, I see. Haven't used sets a whole lot so no wonder I didn't bump into the feature. I'll need to try it out.
Old 2008-08-19, 13:09   Link #1008
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

set = layer group btw
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-19, 14:37   Link #1009
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
set = layer group btw
Yup. I kinda figured...
Old 2008-08-19, 22:32   Link #1010
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, I figured you figured out as well.. some someone might bash their head looking for set command
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-20, 16:38   Link #1011
Keruri
Like a falling star

I have a quick question about the newest version (?) of Virtual Dub. After clicking "mark in" and "mark out", where is the "save image sequence" command? I'm unable to find it under the "file" tab. Thanks!
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:41   Link #1012
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
I have a quick question about the newest version (?) of Virtual Dub. After clicking "mark in" and "mark out", where is the "save image sequence" command? I'm unable to find it under the "file" tab. Thanks!
I didn't have that either. I'm guessing we have the same v-dub, so hopefully you have File->Save as AVI. I believe it'll work just as well for you.
Old 2008-08-20, 16:56   Link #1013
Kaix
[. . .]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
In the newer versions it was moved to File - Export - Image Sequence.

Hope that helps.

Kaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 18:09   Link #1014
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Let's work with GIMP

Hi people, recentlt I lost my Photoshop and was forced to start working with another desgin program knowed as GIMP, some people has PMsed me asking how to make sigs and avas with GIMP, I'm gona post some tutorials to work wioth this program who is very similar to Photoshop in some aspects

Let's start with making a simple avatar with GIMP, I'll also teach you some of the basic concepts of GIMP

1)When you open Gimp, the default window is one called GIMP, here we have the basic tools and the torrents to open and create documents, now, to create our Avatar document, simply let's go to File/ New...

Write the size of the avatar (100x100) in the space marked below

2) Now, a new window shoul appear showing your layer, now, Probably your Layer's window didn't appear when you opened GIMP, to activate it we just must click Ctrl+L or go Dialogues/ Layers

Your Layers Window shoul appear now and look like this:

3)Now, we are going to brinmg the image that we want to turn into an Avatar, to do it, go to the GIMP windoe and go, File/ Open...

I'm gona make an Avatar out of a Luigi Image, your Image shoul appear on a new window now

4) Now, we must resise our "Luigi" to a propery size in order to put it on our avatar, to rezizse an image, justy go Image/ Scale Image

Set the size at youyr preference, probably you'll have to do this more than one time in order to get the size you want

NOTE: Just add the size on weight and click ALT, Height will set automatically to keep the proportions of the image

5) Next, go to the Layer window of "Luigi", click on the Layer of Luigi and holding it, move it to your avatar space

6)Now, to adjust the position of "Luigi" in the Avatar, we are going to use the tool marked below

7) Move "Luigi" to the position you want

8) Now to add a simple border create a new TRANSPARENT Layer (obiusly on the layers of the avatar XP)

Ctrl+A and go Edit/ Stroke, 4 pixels woul do

Saving

To save, in the window of your avatar go File, Save

In the name of the Avatar put the name of your avatar (Luigi in my case) and THE EXTENTION, for example in my case is Luigi.JPEG

NOTE: When you save as JPEG, it will probably desplegate a warning window, just click on export and it will be done

And here you go! A simple Avatar made with GIMP

Now, in the future I'll post:

Signatures with GIMP
Text with GIMP
Animations with GIMP
and Renders with GIMP

Last edited by Evil Rick; 2008-08-24 at 19:13.
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 16:58   Link #1015
hazelkenro

Im asking the question!!!

is this pattern layout in PS CS is using for making background in creating siggy?

where can i find pattern like this?
or is this is a pattern?

thank you so much!!!
hazelkenro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 12:12   Link #1016
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

I'm pretty sure you can find a texture like that at dusty memories.
Old 2008-08-29, 13:36   Link #1017
hazelkenro

thank you very much!!!!

@Faeyice : thank you very much!

Is there the links How to teach me How to use color blending...!!!

i've learned a lot here...yey!!!
Old 2008-08-30, 00:04   Link #1018
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Color blending? Do you mean layer blending?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-31, 13:58   Link #1019
hazelkenro

Yeah its a layer blending

Its layer blending i think so....

I want to know how create layer blending or textures is there a links for there or any tutorials...?

thank you very much...
Old 2008-08-31, 15:28   Link #1020
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

For the textures, if you want it to be on whatever image it depends on the color of the background. If the background of the texture is white, set it to darken mode. If it's black, set it to lighten. That's what I do anyways.

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature