AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-03-21, 17:32   Link #1001
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I was talking about Crom. He needs at least 5 of the 8 pawn pieces to be mutational. I guess it could be 6-7 too.

But he is not joining anyone, not with his pride at least.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 17:39   Link #1002
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Crom should require 4 or 5 Mutation Pawns at least. But yeah, his pride probably won't allow it. He only became Rias' Pawn for the tournament because it lets him fight strong guys. He won't actually become anyone's servant unless the King is someone he has a lot of respect for.
Old 2017-03-21, 17:41   Link #1003
Tbolt

Going way back in the story where it was stated Ise wanted a peerage of nothing but women still stands even with all the people he has met. All the guys Ise knows or is friends with, Ise see's as rivals (friendly or otherwise) so they are not peerage candidates.

And all the talk about mutation pieces is fun but as far as the story goes it could never happen since Ise has no mutation pieces, and no he can't change the ones he has.
Old 2017-03-21, 17:45   Link #1004
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We don't know if any of the Pieces he received are Mutation Pieces or not, though, do we?

Of course he won't get any male servants, so the talk about Crom Cruach was just meant to shoot down all those things others were saying about Crom Cruach becoming Ise's servant (Queen in this case - though it's not set in stone that he'd really be a Queen since compatibility needs to be taken into account too). And besides, Crom Cruach probably won't even agree to be reincarnated by anyone.
Old 2017-03-21, 17:49   Link #1005
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

Well, he was Balor's servant technically, Ise's take on it is that he won't "descend" to being a devil from a dragon. And that's true, if dragons got pride, evil dragons have got even more. Some to the point of becoming crazy. Most of the evil dragons have nothing to prove in their heads, they just want to do what a dragons traditionally did, i.e. fight.

Crom challenging Ophis proved that he doesn't care about his loss, all he wants to do is fight stronger dragons, but living in the human world changed him to the extent that he respected Ophis' decision. Cool guy, I feel like Crom is the most badass character in dxd.

@Tbolt But the pieces grow with the King, I wonder how much the pieces would grow when Ise reaches AxA... But yeah, Crom should never join Ise.

@Osman Does the fact that he is Rias' pawn give us a hint as to what pieces he could be compatible with? I guess...

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-21, 17:59   Link #1006
Bleach1996

So crom surpassed Ddraig but does issei can surpass him with AxA ExE ok but with DxD ... he got the power of 2 Dragon-God Class in his body
By the way if team issei and Team Rias should fight who dou you think will win ???

Accelerator Strongest Level 5 of Academy city

Last edited by Bleach1996; 2017-03-21 at 20:35.
Bleach1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 18:24   Link #1007
Brawlre

@Bleach1996 don't double post edit the post into one bigger post. Also has any more spoilers been leaked?
Brawlre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 18:48   Link #1008
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Noman's posting them as he gets them. You're caught up.

@Bleach1996: the match-up questions don't belong here. There's another thread for that. And yeah, what Brawlre said about the double-posting. Actually, consecutive posts one right after the other by the same poster, in general, are frowned upon. Just use the "edit" button.

@Katokateki: Again, only Unused Pieces grow with the King. That literally means "Pieces that are unused grow with the King". Okay? There's no special meaning in the term "Unused Pieces". It means it exactly what it says. Pieces that are kept without being used for long enough grow with the King and can develop special characteristics. But we don't even know if an Unused Piece can actually mutate.
Old 2017-03-21, 22:31   Link #1009
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
We don't know if any of the Pieces he received are Mutation Pieces or not, though, do we?

Of course he won't get any male servants, so the talk about Crom Cruach was just meant to shoot down all those things others were saying about Crom Cruach becoming Ise's servant (Queen in this case - though it's not set in stone that he'd really be a Queen since compatibility needs to be taken into account too). And besides, Crom Cruach probably won't even agree to be reincarnated by anyone.
What would really be ironic is that Ise's traded away his Mutation Piece unknowingly for one of his current servants.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 01:22   Link #1010
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

@Osman I know about the unused pieces condition and Ise hasn't used his pawn pieces yet. They are growing.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-22, 01:49   Link #1011
B214

What if Tiamat's treasure which she lend to Ddraig is actually a bra.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 02:04   Link #1012
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
What if Tiamat's treasure which she lend to Ddraig is actually a bra.
And sniffing/eating that gave him the strength to fight Albion
Old 2017-03-22, 02:15   Link #1013
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I don't even want to think what a dragon's bra looks(and smells/tastes) like.

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-22, 07:08   Link #1014
Sparda4
Dark Knight

@Osman Well if unused pieces grow with the devil in question then if the they reach a high enough level those pieces could in theory mutate, like we don't even know what causes a normal piece to mutate to begin with.
Sparda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 10:53   Link #1015
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokateki View Post
I don't even want to think what a dragon's bra looks(and smells/tastes) like.
As if Tiamat can't assume a human form. Heck, she's even in it right now. But either way, if Dragons had bras, they'd have a smell that would be appealing to Dragons.

@Hakaishin: Yep.

@Sparda4: Yeah, we don't know. But that's exactly why we shouldn't talk in definite terms about it as if we actually know.
Old 2017-03-22, 11:03   Link #1016
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I don't think Tiamat had assumed human form back then(why would she? Balance of probability), that was a long time ago, and that joke made me wonder what Tiamat's bra could actually be like, not a pleasant imagination.

But anyway, it was meant to be a joke, we shouldn't be discussing about dragons' undergarments, it's weird. (Right?)

-Kurt Cobain

Old 2017-03-22, 11:13   Link #1017
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it is. And I guess you're right about Tiamat not having a human form at that time yet.
Old 2017-03-22, 15:04   Link #1018
Crimson406

Question about Crom.

Since he has surpassed Ddraig and Albion in their primes, does that mean he's immune to Ddraig's Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames and Albion's Reduce ability?
Crimson406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 15:24   Link #1019
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonDarkness406 View Post
Question about Crom.

Since he has surpassed Ddraig and Albion in their primes, does that mean he's immune to Ddraig's Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames and Albion's Reduce ability?
I don't think he is.
It says
Quote:
...But Crom Cruach's base spec has surpassed Ddraig's before he was sealed? I guess that's the result of not being slain till now and training himself even further.
Vritra's the weakest out of Dragon Kings in 'base spec' but his flames/curse would still likely work on the other Kings if they get hit.
Old 2017-03-22, 15:26   Link #1020
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

I also remember a discussion once with Osman where we concluded that it wasn't related to power levels. But I don't remember how we came to that conclusion

-Kurt Cobain