AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-15, 03:09   Link #1001
Armando99

Koichi doesn't have to push Mayumi. She is already doing the approaching herself.

Mayumi is already showing her affection to Tatsuya and he knows it.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 07:51   Link #1002
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Koichi doesn't have to push Mayumi. She is already doing the approaching herself.

Mayumi is already showing her affection to Tatsuya and he knows it.
Not really he knows she is acting weird in double 7 arc but doesn't know for who she is getting worked up about.The author shows us that she is not accepting the fact that she likes him and thus she is on a self discovery road where she will have to acknowledge it at some point.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 16:13   Link #1003
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
Not really he knows she is acting weird in double 7 arc but doesn't know for who she is getting worked up about.The author shows us that she is not accepting the fact that she likes him and thus she is on a self discovery road where she will have to acknowledge it at some point.
Come on now. He is a young man and although he cannot feel strong emotions (other than for his sister), he knows when a girl is coming on to him.

I agree with you about Mayumi, she is in denial mode but her heart and body is saying otherwise.
Old 2015-04-15, 16:23   Link #1004
Abysmalheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Come on now. He is a young man and although he cannot feel strong emotions (other than for his sister), he knows when a girl is coming on to him.
Armado I was talking about koichii.Tatsuya has some feelings for mayumi you will notice this as bits and pieces in the volumes like in yokohoma and 9SC arc you can see he admires her but whether this develops further is yet to be seen.

I wonder how many of you all feel tatsuya is one of those MC who have no idea. when a girl is falling for him
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 20:38   Link #1005
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
Armado I was talking about koichii.Tatsuya has some feelings for mayumi you will notice this as bits and pieces in the volumes like in yokohoma and 9SC arc you can see he admires her but whether this develops further is yet to be seen.

I wonder how many of you all feel tatsuya is one of those MC who have no idea. when a girl is falling for him

Got it. My mistake.

I am fairly sure that he knows when a girl likes him or falling for him.
Old 2015-04-16, 01:15   Link #1006
Echizen777

Tatsuya is dense when it comes to love, he doesn't know Mayumi loves him, he noticed Honoka's attempts but he needed a lot of hints, and she's the only one. He would have not acted like that if he knew she loved him too, he must think she just wants to troll him, as usual.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 19:56   Link #1007
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya is dense when it comes to love, he doesn't know Mayumi loves him, he noticed Honoka's attempts but he needed a lot of hints, and she's the only one. He would have not acted like that if he knew she loved him too, he must think she just wants to troll him, as usual.

Is it being dense or just playing it? It is easier for him to play dense cause then he doesn't have to react. He is also a very shrewd person. I think he really knows but is just playing dead, so to speak. He might not be able to feel certain emotions strongly but he can still feel.
Old 2015-04-16, 20:37   Link #1008
zippikay

i think at one point miyuki claims that tats is more adept at perceiving negative feeling rather than positive ones. add that to how mayumi imposed herself as onee-chan to tats during the first 9sc

not to mention he probably has more things to think about (like miyuki's feeling) rather than other women's possible feelings XD
zippikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 20:52   Link #1009
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Rather then dense he actively tries to ignore it until it isn't possible to like when Honoka confessed. Romantic love is just not something he is capable of feeling so he considers it useless to him.
Old 2015-04-16, 23:54   Link #1010
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Rather then dense he actively tries to ignore it until it isn't possible to like when Honoka confessed. Romantic love is just not something he is capable of feeling so he considers it useless to him.
"I... uhm, I... I like you!"
These words that Honoka finally managed to squeeze out, after all her hesitation, may have even managed to penetrate through to the other side of the darkness.
But Honoka didn't think about that at all.
Right now, to her, the two of them were the only ones in the whole world.
"—So how does Tatsuya-san feel about me?"
Unable to look him in the eyes Honoka squeezed her eyes tightly shut, yet an answer didn't come.
"...Did I cause you trouble?"
Gingerly opening her eyes Honoka asked in a tearful voice, but Tatsuya simply shook his head with a smile.
"Not at all. I had a feeling you might say something like this. Though I only realized around afternoon today."

It took him forever to notice Honoka's feelings, every other character had it figured out long before Tatsuya, he is definitely dense in regards to romance. The only person that he's somewhat in denial about/ignoring is Miyuki, we have seen a few times that he has forced considering her actions out of his mind. He has never shown any degree of understanding of Mayumi's romantic feelings or any other characters.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 00:17   Link #1011
Blonddude42

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippikay View Post
i think at one point miyuki claims that tats is more adept at perceiving negative feeling rather than positive ones. add that to how mayumi imposed herself as onee-chan to tats during the first 9sc

not to mention he probably has more things to think about (like miyuki's feeling) rather than other women's possible feelings XD
Tatsuya himself makes a comment about this as well in the fourth volume I believe. His ability to detect intent is skewed way towards negative intent.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 01:01   Link #1012
ProxyAccount

As was mentioned, Tatsuya's perception of disposition is binary and tends to focus on threat or non-threat. He is likely to chalk up love-sick or romantic behaviour as a misunderstanding, physical ailment, mental stress, or some other eccentricity. As Miyuki and the girls pointed out at the 2095 9SC, Tatsuya is dense when it comes to understanding what a female is really talking about. (That's okay, it's a common problem among men.) This is restated a number of times, including between Mizuki and Erika during the Parasite Arc.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 21:48   Link #1013
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
As was mentioned, Tatsuya's perception of disposition is binary and tends to focus on threat or non-threat. He is likely to chalk up love-sick or romantic behaviour as a misunderstanding, physical ailment, mental stress, or some other eccentricity. As Miyuki and the girls pointed out at the 2095 9SC, Tatsuya is dense when it comes to understanding what a female is really talking about. (That's okay, it's a common problem among men.) This is restated a number of times, including between Mizuki and Erika during the Parasite Arc.

I agree with you. He probably was dense right around Honoka but, one can only be so dense for a time. Like normal boys, they learn through experience to recognize when someone is interested in them after a few misses around the block. By now, I believe that he is well aware of who likes him but tries to ignore it because he can't reciprocate their feelings anyway.
Old 2015-04-17, 23:56   Link #1014
Zoks

Don't forget, Mayumi had the whole little brother thing going on early in the series. In her case, in any oddities can be attributed to that, as Tatsuya has no idea how older sisters act, especially in families that aren't as warped as the Yotsuba.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 01:23   Link #1015
real123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Don't forget, Mayumi had the whole little brother thing going on early in the series. In her case, in any oddities can be attributed to that, as Tatsuya has no idea how older sisters act, especially in families that aren't as warped as the Yotsuba.
Right but she dropped that shame because those were one of there best moments still that mean tatsuya have the I think of you like sister line ready when she decide to make her move
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 17:22   Link #1016
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
Right but she dropped that shame because those were one of there best moments still that mean tatsuya have the I think of you like sister line ready when she decide to make her move
considering how he treats an actual sister, that doesn't say much lol
Old 2015-04-25, 05:17   Link #1017
Armando99

Isn't that so true. Those not aware that they are siblings automatically assume that they are lovers/couple based on their interaction with each other.

Mayumi would gladly have that sort of interaction. lol
Old 2015-04-25, 09:20   Link #1018
Ultragunner

Spoiler for NSFW?:

haha, I know some of us want this to happen
Old 2015-04-26, 03:24   Link #1019
Armando99

Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen in this version of the story.

Editors wouldn't let it !!!
Old 2015-04-26, 22:32   Link #1020
aortax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Spoiler for NSFW?:

haha, I know some of us want this to happen
Wait were is that from. I think the anime right lol
aortax is offline   Reply With Quote