AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 11:43   Link #1001
guestuser

i have to say this was a bit rush but those scene that got cut out was not that important though it cant be help so is the next episode the car clash thing
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 14:06   Link #1002
Chris38

Well, looks like the 9sc might not be as rushed as I thought it would be.

Of course some parts, where skipped ... but I think they still managed to portray the most important events.

I especially liked Miyuki's time to make error's ... along with Azusa's fan girl moment.

Finally, considering the moment where episode 8 ended - I guess the family meeting is going to occur in the next episode and I can't wait to see how the anime only watchers are going to react ... once they learn about Tatsuya's emotional condition
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 14:31   Link #1003
Echizen777

Aww, I wanted to see Erika teasing Mikihiko with his name... Eimi is cute. It's good so far.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 14:33   Link #1004
Guest2

I feel it was very rushed and that they skipped alot that help flesh out the story and other side characters. I enjoyed the Eika Tatsuya Miki scene, but they also totally dumbed down the scene where Tatsuya was suggested as an engineer.

In the novel he was completely rattled when Azusa(the least harmful person in his eyes) randomly nominated him with a backhand comment, and his overblown reaction to Miyuki's pleading was hilarious. They completely leeched the fun out of that scene.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-05-24 at 14:58.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 14:38   Link #1005
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I feel it was very rushed and that they skipped alot that help flesh out the story and other side characters. I enjoyed the Eika Tatsuya Miki scene, but they also totally dumbed down the scene where Tatsuya was suggested as an engineer.

In the novel he was completely rattled when Azusa(the last harmful person in his eyes) randomly nominated him with a backhand comment, and his overblown reaction to Miyuki's pleading was hilarious. They completely leeched the fun out of that scene.
Et tu Brutus!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 14:56   Link #1006
Wandering Soul

They really sapped the fun out of the scene where Tatsuya was nominated to be an engineer. It was a lot more hilarious to read about Azuza the person Tatsuya didn't really see as a threat take him completely by surprise.

I also thought they would change Haruka's voice once her true identity was revealed but I guess not.
Old 2014-05-24, 17:55   Link #1007
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I like the anime...but now I'm starting what the problem here is, and why some people are having a hard time swallowing it.

The anime took a more serious tone, and took out most of the light-hearted segments of the story. Since those segments usually contain most of the character development where we get to understand the people the characters are, this means some viewers will have fewer reasons to want to care about them.

Mahouka IS a serious story. Very dark too. But it wasn't too serious that it wasn't able to have fun with itself from time to time. Even the darkest storm cloud has to have a sliver of light because it's just depressing otherwise. Heck, I even think the story would have benefited with the occasional chibi style animation during the character interactions to make it funnier. The serious shit is one of the things we love about the story and the characters, but we also love the bullshit they sometimes like to pull with each other.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 18:08   Link #1008
Wandering Soul

Couldn't have said it better myself. The only real problems I am having with the anime are the treatment of some characters and the lack of light heartened moments. Without those moments sometimes the character interactions come off as being so stiff and overly formal that I find it hard to be invested in them.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:25   Link #1009
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I like the anime...but now I'm starting what the problem here is, and why some people are having a hard time swallowing it.

The anime took a more serious tone, and took out most of the light-hearted segments of the story. Since those segments usually contain most of the character development where we get to understand the people the characters are, this means some viewers will have fewer reasons to want to care about them.

Mahouka IS a serious story. Very dark too. But it wasn't too serious that it wasn't able to have fun with itself from time to time. Even the darkest storm cloud has to have a sliver of light because it's just depressing otherwise. Heck, I even think the story would have benefited with the occasional chibi style animation during the character interactions to make it funnier. The serious shit is one of the things we love about the story and the characters, but we also love the bullshit they sometimes like to pull with each other.
Most of those developments you speak of came from Tatsuya' narration and commentary. Without that silenced, all we've got is a tough, dry anime to swallow.
Old 2014-05-24, 19:19   Link #1010
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Most of those developments you speak of came from Tatsuya' narration and commentary. Without that silenced, all we've got is a tough, dry anime to swallow.
I'm just waiting for the anime to reveal Tatsuya's really a robot conditioned magical weapon, which retrospectively justifies all of Tatsuya's emotionless scenes apart from the Miyuki ones. Though not like that'd be enough to silence the haters
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 19:20   Link #1011
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'm just waiting for the anime to reveal Tatsuya's really a robot conditioned magical weapon, which retrospectively justifies all of Tatsuya's emotionless scenes apart from the Miyuki ones. Though not like that'd be enough to silence the haters
Which should be next episode. Those poor Mahouka-less bastards who didn't stick around long enough to see the reason behind Tatsuya's cold indifference.
Old 2014-05-24, 19:32   Link #1012
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Which should be next episode. Those poor Mahouka-less bastards who didn't stick around long enough to see the reason behind Tatsuya's cold indifference.
Next episode going by Manga. In LNs that reveal came after the 9SC.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 20:11   Link #1013
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Next episode going by Manga. In LNs that reveal came after the 9SC.
Wasn't it revealed during his run-in with his dad when he came to deliver the Flying-type magic in volume 3 before the bus incident?

Last edited by bakato; 2014-05-24 at 21:15.
Old 2014-05-24, 20:33   Link #1014
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Wasn't it revealed during his run-in with his dad when he came to deliver the Flying-type magic in volume 3 before the bus incident.
This is correct. It's revealed at the end of chapter 2 volume 3.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:34   Link #1015
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, so Tatsuya beats a group of scientists in developing Flying Magic, and this feat is slowly grating on the nerves of some people in the MAL Mahouka community.

Now tell me guys, is there someone else who has a firm grasp in a particular industry at the level of Tatsuya? I feel that at this point, Tatsuya has been hogging the spotlight for too long and there should be a lot of great minds in the school that deserves that recognition too. I mean, the school is, in fact, an institution where great minds gather.

Take for example A-chan. I can assume that she's notable for her ability to easily recognize CAD technologies and may actually have some engineering knowhow. But she seems to be played in the series as a CAD otaku who drools at Tatsuya's Taurus Silver.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:43   Link #1016
pampz21
ShipCore

Weird Erika and Miyuki, keeps blushing when talking to Tatsuya;
They're making it too obvious.
I forgot Azusa gets blush when talking about silver?>
-_-

Erika's hair is longer yay.....
can wait for that pony!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:44   Link #1017
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Okay, so Tatsuya beats a group of scientists in developing Flying Magic, and this feat is slowly grating on the nerves of some people in the MAL Mahouka community.

Now tell me guys, is there someone else who has a firm grasp in a particular industry at the level of Tatsuya? I feel that at this point, Tatsuya has been hogging the spotlight for too long and there should be a lot of great minds in the school that deserves that recognition too. I mean, the school is, in fact, an institution where great minds gather.

Take for example A-chan. I can assume that she's notable for her ability to easily recognize CAD technologies and may actually have some engineering knowhow. But she seems to be played in the series as a CAD otaku who drools at Tatsuya's Taurus Silver.
no there is no one smarter than him in that because unlike all the student tatsuya has a huge advantage with his eye that can be call god eyes and it give him the ability to understand whatever he see
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:47   Link #1018
millie10468

Quote:

Someone in the Rosens could rival him when it comes to engineering.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:50   Link #1019
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hopefully someone gets ahead of at something — anything! — because Tatsuya's gonna steal their achievements like Lupin the Third.

On a serious note, yeah, it's a bit sad to see that only Tatsuya can perform feats at astounding, ONII-SAMA-inducing speed and efficiency.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:53   Link #1020
bakato

Quote:

Tatsuya's smart with his passion for science and perfect memory. His unrivaled skill is mostly due to his Elemental Sight, which is basically a cheat. The toher kids are just magic high school level.