AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-04, 23:23   Link #1001
tonyorobsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnguyen14 View Post
I'm looking for a title where the MC in the modern world is a hot headed gangster and when he is reincarnated, he became a Tiger-man of the Beast race and of course retain his thirst for battle. I saw it somewhere awhile ago but can't seem to find it :/ Please help~
I send you a PM

Note that the story hasn't been updated in a year or more
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 05:45   Link #1002
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

well i think its an already drop project
only 20+ chapters so far
Old 2014-12-05, 13:32   Link #1003
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

many thanks tony
Old 2014-12-05, 17:24   Link #1004
duburu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
@duburu The people who read narou novels here either know japanes or use GT (or other machine translator). Can't you use GT even just for the title?? That's way too lazy!!! Your punishment will be caried out by SLOTH from Re:Monster.
異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処? = (GT) Where way back and have come a different world?
With ruel depiction, growth of a hero with a cheat ability etc and a bit of harem

It's about a guy that was hated by everybody at school except for that popular transfer student girl that became his only friend. She got attacked by jealous guys and our MC saved her, but was stabbed and died shortly after arriving in the hospital. He was then transported to another world, and is looking for a way back so he can fulfill the promise to go to the amusment park with her. Note that shortly after his death, his body disappeared from the hospital (talk about trouble for the hospital nurses and doctors, but hope for the girl who though her beloved friend was gone).
And looks like the one who transported him to the other world has a terrible personnality.
just to make sure this is fox we speaking of right?
duburu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 17:58   Link #1005
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by duburu View Post
just to make sure this is fox we speaking of right?
Yes, that's the one with Fox we have talked about in this thread.

Speaking of which....

Spoiler for 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?:
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 03:47   Link #1006
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

What's the novel in where the mc gets transported into another world, gets branded as a slave and the uses tactics and politics to fight armies and countries?
Maybe I'm explaining it wrong, from what I've heard, it's kind of like Rankuin no Monshou.
Harens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 04:02   Link #1007
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harens View Post
What's the novel in where the mc gets transported into another world, gets branded as a slave and the uses tactics and politics to fight armies and countries?
If you are speaking about the narou title where summoned people are just slaves of the empire; and the MC goes bonkers the moment he is summoned and then performs "extreme self defense" , and later arcs is all about politics; then it's ウォルテニア戦記 what you are looking for.

edit : speaking of, there it was a end November update for that one, let's hope the author keeps it up.

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-12-06 at 04:16.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 04:35   Link #1008
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
If you are speaking about the narou title where summoned people are just slaves of the empire; and the MC goes bonkers the moment he is summoned and then performs "extreme self defense" , and later arcs is all about politics; then it's ウォルテニア戦記 what you are looking for.

edit : speaking of, there it was a end November update for that one, let's hope the author keeps it up.
Yeah, that's the one, thanks.
GT sucked when I tried reading it, but let's give it another shot.
Oh, if anyone would be so kind as to give me a short summary of the plot(just so I have something to compare the GT translation to) I would be very grateful.
Old 2014-12-06, 04:53   Link #1009
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Is that the one where after being summoned, the MC tortured everyone present?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 05:22   Link #1010
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Is that the one where after being summoned, the MC tortured everyone present?
Yeah....

Spoiler:

There is a discussion about the first arcs a few pages back with many details, for the ones interested.
Old 2014-12-06, 09:07   Link #1011
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

Quote:

is there any romance in this novel?, its hard to imagine it since the Mc is a extremist
Old 2014-12-06, 09:34   Link #1012
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreadzz View Post
is there any romance in this novel?, its hard to imagine it since the Mc is a extremist
He actually isn't extremist, at least in his reaction to his summon. They were planning to enslave him magically and use him as a weapon, so he was completely justified.

Where he is actually sketchy is his complete lack of remorse anywhere.
Old 2014-12-06, 10:50   Link #1013
tonyorobsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He actually isn't extremist, at least in his reaction to his summon. They were planning to enslave him magically and use him as a weapon, so he was completely justified.

Where he is actually sketchy is his complete lack of remorse anywhere.
And that's very strange since he was described as a good natured person in the prologue.
His training with his grandfather isn't enough to explain the lack of bad feeling after killing humans for the first time.
Even the former japanese working for the empire and chasing him was wondering if the mc didn't already commit a crime back in japan.
It's one flaw I hold against the author.
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 11:01   Link #1014
Senia

Quote:

Speaking of which....

Spoiler:

So lately I've been craving for some romance, are there any active Syosetsu novels with a decent length and romance that gets or is getting somewhere?
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 12:24   Link #1015
Harens
Lolicon in-Training

Wonder why there aren't more of those types of stories, where the mc isn't incredibly OP and instead have the mc be competent, but needing to use intelligence and tactics to solve problems.
Old 2014-12-06, 13:54   Link #1016
Senia

Quote:
Wonder why there aren't more of those types of stories, where the mc isn't incredibly OP and instead have the mc be competent, but needing to use intelligence and tactics to solve problems.
The type which you could call the polar opposite of op mcs with weak mcs that overcome great walls with a limited set of tools at their disposal. They tend to have the fault of the author never letting the mc develop any powers at all and instead continue being "weak" though.

Somewhat irritating after a while when thinking that the mc surpassed all these trials and pretty much gained nothing in terms of fighting from it.
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 15:24   Link #1017
NovelReader

Quote:

Speaking of which....

Spoiler for 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処 :
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 15:52   Link #1018
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
Spoiler for 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処 :
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2014-12-06, 17:45   Link #1019
laon
Hantai

Quote:
But then author will have to make up clever plot for every arc so the novel can have tension which is hard work (espc. for WN). This almost always end up with author resorting to stupid made-up drama to compensate his lack of research and/or creativity.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 19:08   Link #1020
sasuke706

Quote:
Because protagonists like that are harder to write. I'd personally like more MCs with their own personalities, and not 'hitting women is wrong,' 'power of friendship,' 'getting angry makes me stronger,' etc. I also tend to not like MCs that are 5 times stronger than the strongest thing in story, though.

One story that I can think of that has a decent length and not an OP protagonist is Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikaktsu. It's a time loop story, but the MC is extremely weak, and although he uses tactics to solve his problems, I can't call him intelligent at all.
Every time he gets a power-up, it comes with overwhelming downside where he can't actually ever use it. And I don't mean pain or something stupid, I mean using it will probably make the situation worse and not actually help.
And sadly, while he considers himself the intellectual type in story, he's an idiot. When a loop starts, he rarely even realizes what kills him or how he dies, his conversation skills with anyone are literally painful to read because he never has anything to say aside from a generic response or grunt, and generally has nothing going for him aside from his Return by Death skill.

Don't get me wrong, I do consider it a good read though. Villains and side characters are well written, the plot is thought out, and it does generally only take the MC 3-4 deaths to solve a hopeless situation. I just wish the author would stop giving him fake power-ups and that the MC could actually hold a serious conversation without dying first to know how it goes beforehand.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel