AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-06-22, 17:38   Link #1001
MRD143

just finished reading the Kuroba Twins side story summary and between what Maya had them do in the 9SC and her future plans for them plus her big reveal about Tatsuya and Miyuki it almost seems like she is trying to force the Yotsuba to come out of the shadows and take their place as the preeminent Clan of Magicians in the World.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 18:13   Link #1002
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
just finished reading the Kuroba Twins side story summary and between what Maya had them do in the 9SC and her future plans for them plus her big reveal about Tatsuya and Miyuki it almost seems like she is trying to force the Yotsuba to come out of the shadows and take their place as the preeminent Clan of Magicians in the World.
She might consider herself the reason for the Yotsuba hiding away, which is the truth, and therefore her responsibility to put them back where they belong. I do wonder where on the 10MC scale the Yotsuba resided before the Dahan incident.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 23:23   Link #1003
amigos

Quote:
what did she had them do?
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 03:15   Link #1004
amtro
Distro

To me it seems more like she's sabotaging Mitsugu's efforts in order to weaken the Kuroba within the clan. She said that the Yotsuba rely on the Kuroba branch too much and she's not only contributing to spreading the rumor that the Kuroba are Yotsuba, but she's telling them to take less secret missions.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 20:01   Link #1005
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Have I missed that somewhere or is it in another thread? If so which one or could someone possibly pm/post me a link to where it is?
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 03:23   Link #1006
expertsource

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
Have I missed that somewhere or is it in another thread? If so which one or could someone possibly pm/post me a link to where it is?
it's in facebook group. Also, i think we copy the side stories here because yenpress won't translate any side stories ever, right? we can't copy any of vol1-16, but we can copy other than anything volumes, right?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 04:54   Link #1007
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
it's in facebook group. Also, i think we copy the side stories here because yenpress won't translate any side stories ever, right? we can't copy any of vol1-16, but we can copy other than anything volumes, right?
Is this the right thing as I can't find the kuroba side story summaries
https://www.facebook.com/MahoukaKouk...i.MKNR?fref=nf

If not can some put the right link down please?
Old 2015-06-24, 04:59   Link #1008
amtro
Distro

No it's not that group and do not share the link either. The group is closed and does not accept new applicants. Security through obscurity, don't go spreading links and info that may put the translators and groups at risk.
Old 2015-06-24, 05:05   Link #1009
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
No it's not that group and do not share the link either. The group is closed and does not accept new applicants. Security through obscurity, don't go spreading links and info that may put the translators and groups at risk.
So in essence I have no way of reading the stuff then
Old 2015-06-24, 05:12   Link #1010
amtro
Distro

You do, you just have to find the right channels. Not all of them are user restricted and locked.
If you can find them on your own, you've earned your right.
Old 2015-06-24, 08:27   Link #1011
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
If by "copy", you mean to actually copy the text and paste it here, then no, it's not okay even for the side stories. That's violates the no large translations & the translations used only for supporting evidence for discussion rules.

However because the side stories have not been announced as licensed, they fall into our unlicensed light novels classification. (That's how we're treating the side stories over in the SAO forum.) Therefore, you can provide a link to the side stories' fan translations site assuming that the fan translator's site meets our site requiremen of not hosting any licensed works.

I suggest that if you want to discuss the side stories in depth, someone request a new thread to discuss the side stories in order to keep their discussions and links separate from the licensed novels.

I would strongly recommend that you get the site's permission to share its links before posting them here. If the site wishes to maintain its privacy, then respect its wishes. We won't knowingly allow links to sites that do not wish to be linked to.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2015-06-24 at 08:30. Reason: added comment about respecting sites' link policy
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 10:18   Link #1012
Echizen777

Volume 17 preview should be published in next Wednesday, right?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 12:22   Link #1013
amtro
Distro

No, previews are released the week before. Wait a month.
Old 2015-07-03, 15:08   Link #1014
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Volume 17 preview should be published in next Wednesday, right?
Cover page might circulate in the net next week.but pvs go out a week of initial release.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 22:03   Link #1015
Kadia

Come to think of it, do u guys think that the identity of Tat as "Mahesvara"/"Strategic class magic wielder" should already be known to "seven sages"?. As appeared that one of the sage provided the info of parasites to Tat in vol 11 is in the know, i wonder is it so for "Jaido Heigu/ black sage". If so, why don't Blacksage who is also Zhou's boss spread the truth to at least his underlings?

If Zhou was able to know the identity of Tat, then i believe he would not face his demise so soon. Tbh, i also found Zhou's behavior odd. While he intervened the assassination attempt on Chiaki who had absolutely no use to him, he cruelly did other hideous crimes like ordering Maki's kidnapping, manipulating traditionalist. Those acts clearly disregarded the value of life. Why the hell did he help Chiaki then? Pedophile probably? 555
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 23:36   Link #1016
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
Come to think of it, do u guys think that the identity of Tat as "Mahesvara"/"Strategic class magic wielder" should already be known to "seven sages"?. As appeared that one of the sage provided the info of parasites to Tat in vol 11 is in the know, i wonder is it so for "Jaido Heigu/ black sage". If so, why don't Blacksage who is also Zhou's boss spread the truth to at least his underlings?

If Zhou was able to know the identity of Tat, then i believe he would not face his demise so soon. Tbh, i also found Zhou's behavior odd. While he intervened the assassination attempt on Chiaki who had absolutely no use to him, he cruelly did other hideous crimes like ordering Maki's kidnapping, manipulating traditionalist. Those acts clearly disregarded the value of life. Why the hell did he help Chiaki then? Pedophile probably? 555
Honestly, I still don't know how Raymond Clark figured out Tatsuya was Mahesvara. The Seven Sages use a backdoor into the USNA intelligence database. But even the USNA hadn't determined whether Tatsuya or Miyuki was the SC magician behind Scorched Halloween and the Battle of Okinawa. I guess they hadn't connected Mahesvara to Material Burst yet. Maybe they connected Mahesvara to Tatsuya's Regrowth and Mist Dispersal used at Scorched Halloween, then Raymond Clark saw that info?
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 01:39   Link #1017
AP24

Hopefully Amazon JP will make the same mistake again with Vol 17 by shipping them early, so that we get early spoilers. Even if they don't, hopefully the official preview of the first chapter that will be out a week before release will answer some questions about everyone's reaction to the revelation about Miyuki and Tatsuya.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 06:48   Link #1018
Kadia

Yeah... i'm dying to know right now the reactions of various ppl around the couple.

One thing though, who are allowed to attend the TMC meeting?I mean only designated clanhead and chaperone?How about the representative like "Kasuto" who might attend on behalf of the clan?

My point is that is there a possibilities for TatxMiyuki accompanying Maya?
Old 2015-07-07, 06:55   Link #1019
Ultragunner

the heirs of each families are probably allowed, Hell, Katsuto has already been acting as the Juumonji representative
so yeah, I think Maya will bring them along if she wants to
Old 2015-07-07, 06:59   Link #1020
Kadia

huehue..

If that so, then we will likely see Miyuki straightforwardly rejected the proposal of the idiots from the north.