AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 19:52   Link #1001
Xiyon

I'm happy Historia was taken; I was worried the author would kill her off during the retrieval mission. Hopefully, Eren will have enough sense to ask her what is the deal between the titans and the humans so we finally have answers.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 20:08   Link #1002
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_oats View Post
I guess he did delay them enough for the Scouts to catch up, though I don't like how Isayama handled him this chapter. The guy's obviously angry. But he should also be capable of more than just throwing out violent outbursts, like when he had a plan to save Mikasa. Oh well, hopefully Eren will have a more interesting role in events to come.
I think the problem is that Eren is extremely frustrated about being kept in the dark. Whatever Ymir is plotting, it's only aligned with getting Christa for now, and at some point I'm willing to bet she'll try and use Eren too. Just not right now, because he's clearly not thinking straight, and probably wouldn't be able to handle new information well, which I think Ymir calculated along with the time needed for his regeneration to complete.

But this chapter makes me strongly believe that humans and titans are one and the same. Something must have happened to cause most of each side to forget how to transform, which Eren's father probably figured out or knew due to his knowledge as a doctor. The Monkey Titan seems to know this as well.
Old 2013-07-05, 20:45   Link #1003
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
Spoiler for BertxAnnie from Chapter 47:
Spoiler for Response:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 20:56   Link #1004
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Also, it seems Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir are incorrectly assuming that Eren has had the same kind of past as them (I.e. being a titan without self-awareness for decades killed some people in the process)
There is the possibility that he is like them he just doesn't know it yet.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 21:13   Link #1005
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Redemption equals death...though I hope and believe this isn't the case for Bert and Reiner. If/When they die, there will be little redemption involved and probably a lot of Titan Eren fist in their faces, Mikasa's blade in their neck or Levi's awesome crashing down on them.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 21:52   Link #1006
saurers123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for In reply to Xero:

Everyone seems to have forgotten that only Jean, Mikasa, Armin and Eren are the only ones in the 104th squad who knows about the captured Annie. Remember that besides the four of them, the rest of the recruits were separated and secluded to a farm area due to high suspicions that any of them are Annie's accomplice. And they're right. XDDD
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 22:30   Link #1007
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
Spoiler for In reply to Xero:

Everyone seems to have forgotten that only Jean, Mikasa, Armin and Eren are the only ones in the 104th squad who knows about the captured Annie. Remember that besides the four of them, the rest of the recruits were separated and secluded to a farm area due to high suspicions that any of them are Annie's accomplice. And they're right. XDDD
Spoiler:

Come again? You mean the rest were being suspicious of those four?
Old 2013-07-05, 22:58   Link #1008
saurers123

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Come again? You mean the rest were being suspicious of those four?
I meant only Jean, Mikasa, Armin and Eren were trusted amongst the 104th Trainees Squad, that's why they're allowed to participate in capturing Annie. The rest of the recruits, that weren't the mentioned four, were regarded with high suspicions. So the Survey Corp had them wear civilian clothing, no 3d gear and placed them in a farm area. No information about Annie's capture were given to them recruits at all. So Reiner and Bert doesn't know what happened to Annie(and couldn't, as long as Eren withholds this information).
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 23:33   Link #1009
Graydient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
These last few chapters have really made me hate Reiner, Bert and Ymir, to the point where I just want them dead and done already...and one of those was amongst my favorite characters in the series, such a shame.

Anyway, we got some good information this time around. It seems like Reiner and Bert's hometown is composed of Titans that regained themselves at some point in time and learned how to control their titan bodies. And judging by how Ymir turned even without being from that place it seems like any titan might be capable of regaining his former human self given time or if something special happens.

This also makes me wonder about Eren's own Titan, especially considering the first chapter's title and dream...hell, for all we know Eren could even be the first titan and be 2000 years old, who knows!?
I agree, I really wish the not-Eren titan shifters were more likeable. Reiner is too conflicted and delusional (realistic or not, I still don't like him). Ymir is too emotional and illogical, yet acts better than Eren in said regard. Bert is probably the most appealing for me, but I get the feeling the more panel time he gets, the less I'll end up liking him. BertXAnnie? I'm an advocate for delving into interesting romantic developments, but not for senseless pandering and asinine teasing. Was it really necessary to give them ALL a romantic interest? Ugh...

At the very least, I'm happy Isayama threw the readers a bone with tidbit on memory loss: Eren's dad already being dead sounds like a good plot twist. I was afraid 47 would be another 46 and be a complete waste of time. I still think the pacing of SnK is its weakest trait with a lot of redundant characterization, but I'll take what I can get...
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:09   Link #1010
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

They'll need turbo horses to catch up with them now.
Old 2013-07-06, 03:34   Link #1011
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graydient View Post
BertXAnnie? I'm an advocate for delving into interesting romantic developments, but not for senseless pandering and asinine teasing. Was it really necessary to give them ALL a romantic interest? Ugh...
What are you even smoking? That's just the author's way of making fun of the homo shippers. He also needed a way to state how they actually have some feelings of camaraderie toward Annie, didn't forget about her and are more or less unaware of the fact that she's now captured in a bloc of crystal ... and at the same time showing off Reiner's delusions yet again (yes, it comes from the guy who thinks Christoria is all over him after all). You should be impressed that he managed to imply all of that in a few sentences.
Old 2013-07-06, 03:59   Link #1012
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
These last few chapters have really made me hate Reiner, Bert and Ymir, to the point where I just want them dead and done already...and one of those was amongst my favorite characters in the series, such a shame.
I'm not ready to write off Ymir quite yet. She may have a plan. Without her, the Scouts wouldn't have come so close to catching up, after all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 05:50   Link #1013
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not ready to write off Ymir quite yet. She may have a plan. Without her, the Scouts wouldn't have come so close to catching up, after all.
I believe all she cares about is Historia and screw the rest...hell, she even said it herself that as long as she gets to see her then she doesn't care about her future.
Old 2013-07-06, 06:19   Link #1014
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What are you even smoking? That's just the author's way of making fun of the homo shippers. He also needed a way to state how they actually have some feelings of camaraderie toward Annie, didn't forget about her and are more or less unaware of the fact that she's now captured in a bloc of crystal ... and at the same time showing off Reiner's delusions yet again (yes, it comes from the guy who thinks Christoria is all over him after all). You should be impressed that he managed to imply all of that in a few sentences.
I think Reiner was just teasing Berth of Annie about having a so-called 'secret crush' on her. Apparently, I think Reiner is really out of his line with his delusion, whom actually had a secret crush on Historia. So, he probably made fun of him to believe that the two have something in common.

They mutually have a soft-spot on blonde girls? Seriously?
Old 2013-07-06, 06:43   Link #1015
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

that was one hell of deathflag for Hannes
Old 2013-07-06, 07:03   Link #1016
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
that was one hell of deathflag for Hannes
Wait, was he dead? Oh god...
Old 2013-07-06, 07:17   Link #1017
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Wait, was he dead? Oh god...
He ain't dead but there have been so many deathflags popping up around him recently that he'll likely kick the bucket before the arc is over.
Old 2013-07-06, 08:36   Link #1018
Key Board
Carbon

so Titans are like Menos Grande from Bleach

they wander around operating on instinct until one day, they get lucky, a personality emerges from within and they become self aware again

I'm willing to bet that it only applies to natural hybrids though

Eren is probably something else altogether
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:33   Link #1019
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I knew that they would take Christa! I knew it!

I wonder what will happen now, I doubt they'll simply lose Reiner without doing nothing. I think they'll probably end up saving Eren somehow, but Ymir will flee with Christa.

This might also be the time where one among either Reiner or Berthold will die.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:42   Link #1020
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well, luckily for them Reiner's titan form is slow, he even said it himself, so it's likely that they could catch up and possibly rescue Eren.

Tell you what...I would love it if as they ran Eren suddenly turned into his Titan form right on Reiner's back and kicked a bit of ass.