AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-11, 21:23   Link #1001
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So issues to wonder:

1. The parasite incident and the current missile crisis are related. Was the former also the sage's doing?
2. So that old man wasn't the black sage. Thank god. Then who was he?
He want revenge to Yotsuba because of incident of Dahan, Probably his related family being killed by Yotsuba during that time
Old 2015-08-11, 21:24   Link #1002
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
She is a f*cking wench as always
Wench? Don't be so sophisticated. Just call her a b*tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Frog View Post
He want revenge to Yotsuba because of incident of Dahan, Probably his related family being killed by Yotsuba during that time
I don't know what that has to do with my post but if this was a response to my second question, then I was talking about the old man in the beginning.

By the way, I just noticed the tag on this thread says "shippers tragedy," but shouldn't that only be last volume. This one's more like the aftermath.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-08-11 at 21:46.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 21:54   Link #1003
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Chapter 5 volume 17

This is the last chapter of the current volume, as I said before anyone who can read or understand spanish go to Syokool's page for a better and complete summary, this is just a shot summary of that. Thanks to the people who's grateful about this, the rest doesn't matter.

Spoiler for chapter 5:
Don't you mean Shippou is the new member of the 10 MC?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 22:03   Link #1004
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Don't you mean Shippou is the new member of the 10 MC?
Yup, basically. I can't go into too much details (rules) but there was some of the 10MC complaining about Shippou clan being the head because how can they fit there. Kuki and Kuzumi (families with the number 9) are the ones complaining because they think the Shippou clan needs assistance from other clans, like the Kudou with them, but that doesn't happen here and Shippou clan can deal with that alone, is better for everyone.

Don't know if you understand what I said, I'm a little bit asleep right now.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 22:11   Link #1005
bakato

Quote:
Yup, basically. I can't go into too much details (rules) but there was some of the 10MC complaining about Shippou clan being the head because how can they fit there. Kuki and Kuzumi (families with the number 9) are the ones complaining because they think the Shippou clan needs assistance from other clans, like the Kudou with them, but that doesn't happen here and Shippou clan can deal with that alone, is better for everyone.

Don't know if you understand what I said, I'm a little bit asleep right now.
I'm sorry. I don't understand. Can anyone else clarify?
Old 2015-08-11, 22:13   Link #1006
Kadia

After reading bits and pieces of spoilers here and there, can some one confirm some poits below for me pls?

Spoiler for possible spoilers:

Lastly what is the magic that Koichi used during Puppet Bomb? Thanks
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 22:29   Link #1007
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I'm sorry. I don't understand. Can anyone else clarify?
Shippou clan isn't part of the actual 10MC, Maya propose them to lead the 10MC because having them on her side brings a lot of benefits in terms of power and territory (she knows Takuma have a lot of potential), Kudou clan leaves the head of the 10MC after this meeting (thanks to Maya) so everyone agrees with this desition and the Shippou clan is the new head.

Remember, each clan manages certain territory.

@Kadia:
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2015-08-11, 22:35   Link #1008
bakato

Quote:
Shippou clan isn't part of the actual 10MC, Maya propose them to lead the 10MC because having them on her side brings a lot of benefits in terms of power and territorially (she knows Takuma have a lot of potential), Kudou clan leaves the head of the 10MC after this meeting (thanks to Maya) so everyone agrees with this desition and the Shippou clan is the new head.

Thanks. I just couldn't believe these bigwig clans would let this nobody be their. It sounds more plausible that the role of the head would go to one of the other nine.
Old 2015-08-11, 22:39   Link #1009
NeutralZero

will it be bad for me to wished for Chiaki to die?
on another hand, Mari and Shizuku are such nice friends to Mayumi and Honoka respectively...
it is rare to have a friend advice you to go for the third option like Shizuku and a friend to confront the very man in question about his opinion...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 23:06   Link #1010
Jirachier

I think this entire volume is almost wasted, the author could've done much more with this than just discuss the engagement of Tatsuya and Miyuki, you can do a lot with 300 pages.

Now about the clans wanting to cancel the engagement. If I wasn't someone who thinks Miyuki is the worst character ever made and I want her to cease to exist, which is why I'm welcoming their interference in this engagement, I would think that what they are doing not only doesn't make sense but is also unfair.
Just because your own clans are bad and can't produce uber level talent doesn't make it the responsibility of the Yotsuba to give you their own, this is not a charity.
Then you have Gouki saying to Masaki that Tatsuya is his equal and he should show his might in their next endeavor, first of all it's funny that he actually thinks Masaki is on the same level as Tatsuya, but if you follow that logic then why are you willing to give Masaki away to the Yotsuba, if Tatsuya and Masaki ARE equals then at the end of the day the Yotsuba will end up with someone just as good as Tatsuya and the balance was not maintained, not to mention that the Ichijou clan will be weakened by having lost their strongest heir, the only party gaining anything would be the Saegusa which will have Tatsuya and in that case what you create is a system where 2 clans are stronger than the rest, not one with 10 clans balancing each other.
Also the main argument that they used is the lose of a great generation if there is inbreeding, if you're using that as your main argument then you still lose at the end because Maya can just go "ok, let's just marry them to someone else WITHIN the Yotsuba or get someone powerful into the family from the outside".
More importantly, what the clans still don't realize is that what matters isn't where Tatsuya and Miyuki are, but simply Tatsuya's position, because it determines who has the influence of nuking the entire planet.

I also like how the author just won't let Lina go to japan which i love since I also dislike her, but he really has no actual justification for that, he already set a completely irrational precedence last time when he sent her to japan even though she's a S-Class magician that should be protected and made sure to never fall into the hands of the enemy, so any argument like it's too danger cannot be made this time either.

Anyway, romance was always a subplot of mahouka, giving it all of this importance this time around is disappointing because that's not what i read mahouka for, give me plot and no romance in this case is not plot.
Old 2015-08-11, 23:08   Link #1011
dinamox

hey guys, i have a doubt... ” El clan Itsuwa tendrá que aceptar la disolución del compromiso, con lo cual demuestra nuevamente por que es llamado el ”taimado””.... This is from syokoolś web
dinamox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 23:44   Link #1012
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
Literal translation: The Itsuwa Clan have to accept the dissolution of the engagement, which show again why it is call "taimado".

I don't know what he means with "taimado" but I am investigating.
Just an advice, do not post literal copy-paste of the summary from syokool's page or you guys want to get nuked?

You guys knows how annoying are the kids when they want something but they dont get it? well that attitude is being "Taimado", like a crying baby who moans when you don't buy what they want.
Old 2015-08-11, 23:51   Link #1013
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

So, Tatsurou is being what he was supposed to be: a puppet sperm donor. Legally he is still father of both Tatsuya and Miyuki.

The thing I really loved is that this time they described ECHELEON III. As an IT professional I was ruminating about it today and Syokool's detailed spoiler answered some questions. It streams information previously recorded in to the operator's mind in visual mode and is, as I could catch, probably a cloud service (making it harder to know servers location) that has no other output besides the mind of its operator. I really would like to have my other doubts replied:

1. All recorded data are supplied by USNA only?
(For example: Even if a Sage learned critical information about other nation they would have to report it o USNA, so they could record it?)

2. Does the operator need magic skills or just have similar talents as Raymond Clark?

Satou, please give me more!!

LKK: Sorry I just read part 1 of Izumo's simplified spoilers the others I read in Spanish. If there's something in my post that breaks the rules, please, feel free to edit it.
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 23:55   Link #1014
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniih Detsu View Post
So, Tatsurou is being what he was supposed to be: a puppet sperm donor. Legally he is still father of both Tatsuya and Miyuki.

The thing I really loved is that this time they described ECHELEON III. As an IT professional I was ruminating about it today and Syokool's detailed spoiler answered some questions. It streams information previously recorded in to the operator's mind in visual mode and is, as I could catch, probably a cloud service (making it harder to know servers location) that has no other output besides the mind of its operator. I really would like to have my other doubts replied:

(For example: Even if a Sage learned critical information about other nation they would have to report it o USNA?)

2. Does the operator need magic skills or just have similar talents as Ramond Clark?

1. Not really, ECHELEON III works around the world and the sages don't have the obligation to report what they find to USNA because they don't access to the system in a legit way, they use Hliðskjálf.

2. Most likely but depends of each sage, Raymod is talented meanwhile Gu Jie have some problems using the system because he don't know how to use it.
Old 2015-08-11, 23:59   Link #1015
solhaz

LOL so Maya actually just want to brag about how great her Tatsuya is to other clans; outing Kudou or Saegusa in the process is just a bonus XDDD Maya is such a doting mother.

@Jirachier I think so too, Kudou and Saegusa in particular are such a ninnyhammer, if they think that they are weak, they just need to make themselves strong enough. Yotsuba never ask for balancing power to other clans when they were weak enough after the dahan incident, they were using their own power to get strong even if Yotsuba has small members; now after their hard work to produce strong magicians, they expect Yotsuba just going to be easily say Yes to give Tatsuya to other clans? LoL. Saegusa has so many members but they still want Yotsuba to make themself equal to Yotsuba, so laughable. Other clans don't even complain anything even if they are weaker than any of the three. I think Kudou and Saegusa just being afraid that their political power is going to be robbed by Yotsuba.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 00:08   Link #1016
MRD143

I liked the info that the deal about Tatsuya is ONLY with the 101 and doesn't involve the JSDF. Maya is somebody to be scared of. She has deals in place with the CO's of the USNA's Stars and Japan's 101. The TMC may be blocked from political power but under Maya the Yotsuba seem to be doing just fine getting around that rule.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 00:09   Link #1017
Iramohs

Quote:
LOL so Maya actually just want to brag about how great her Tatsuya is to other clans; outing Kudou or Saegusa in the process is just a bonus XDDD Maya is such a doting mother.

@Jirachier I think so too, Kudou and Saegusa in particular are such a ninnyhammer, if they think that they are weak, they just need to make themselves strong enough. Yotsuba never ask for balancing power to other clans when they were weak enough after the dahan incident, they were using their own power to get strong even if Yotsuba has small members; now after their hard work to produce strong magicians, they expect Yotsuba just going to be easily say Yes to give Tatsuya to other clans? LoL. Saegusa has so many members but they still want Yotsuba to make themself equal to Yotsuba, so laughable. Other clans don't even complain anything even if they are weaker than any of the three. I think Kudou and Saegusa just being afraid that their political power is going to be robbed by Yotsuba.
I think the Kudou took the fall because they understand they understand the only clan capable of matching the Yotsuba is the Saegusa. If the Saegusa were removed from the 10MC the balance of power would truly be destroyed.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 00:17   Link #1018
Gekari
My Japanese level: slug

Quote:
1. Not really, ECHELEON III works around the world and the sages don't have the obligation to report what they find to USNA because they don't access to the system in a legit way, they use Hliðskjálf.

2. Most likely but depends of each sage, Raymod is talented meanwhile Gu Jie have some problems using the system because he don't know how to use it.
I laughed when I read he has problems to use it. Maybe because Gu Jii is an ancient magic user or due his age.

IMO, the last two chapters makes the whole volume worth it. When Satou is more "Satou" and less "Shakespeare", everything becomes better.
Gekari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 00:21   Link #1019
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
I think the Kudou took the fall because they understand they understand the only clan capable of matching the Yotsuba is the Saegusa. If the Saegusa were removed from the 10MC the balance of power would truly be destroyed.
Yes, Kudou did it for that reason and also he is afraid that there's no more opposition of power in TMC politic. Just like I said, the rest of them just need to work harder than Yotsuba so that they could be equal rather than just asking Yotsuba to hand over Tatsuya to them which is unreasonable and Yotsuba has every right to refuse such offer. Why Yotsuba needs to weaken themselves for others who have reached their limit of power.

Last edited by solhaz; 2015-08-12 at 00:32.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:10   Link #1020
knaka148

Quote:
Shippou clan isn't part of the actual 10MC, Maya propose them to lead the 10MC because having them on her side brings a lot of benefits in terms of power and territory (she knows Takuma have a lot of potential), Kudou clan leaves the head of the 10MC after this meeting (thanks to Maya) so everyone agrees with this desition and the Shippou clan is the new head.

@Kadia:
Spoiler for Question:
I think bakato is asking what the status of the Shippou clan is. Earlier spoilers have mentioned they became a part of the TMC, but this suggests they are at the 'head' or are the leaders of the TMC. This is causing a bit of confusion. I'm guessing this is a translation problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I think this entire volume is almost wasted, the author could've done much more with this than just discuss the engagement of Tatsuya and Miyuki, you can do a lot with 300 pages.

Now about the clans wanting to cancel the engagement. If I wasn't someone who thinks Miyuki is the worst character ever made and I want her to cease to exist, which is why I'm welcoming their interference in this engagement, I would think that what they are doing not only doesn't make sense but is also unfair.
Just because your own clans are bad and can't produce uber level talent doesn't make it the responsibility of the Yotsuba to give you their own, this is not a charity.
Then you have Gouki saying to Masaki that Tatsuya is his equal and he should show his might in their next endeavor, first of all it's funny that he actually thinks Masaki is on the same level as Tatsuya, but if you follow that logic then why are you willing to give Masaki away to the Yotsuba, if Tatsuya and Masaki ARE equals then at the end of the day the Yotsuba will end up with someone just as good as Tatsuya and the balance was not maintained, not to mention that the Ichijou clan will be weakened by having lost their strongest heir, the only party gaining anything would be the Saegusa which will have Tatsuya and in that case what you create is a system where 2 clans are stronger than the rest, not one with 10 clans balancing each other.
Also the main argument that they used is the lose of a great generation if there is inbreeding, if you're using that as your main argument then you still lose at the end because Maya can just go "ok, let's just marry them to someone else WITHIN the Yotsuba or get someone powerful into the family from the outside".
More importantly, what the clans still don't realize is that what matters isn't where Tatsuya and Miyuki are, but simply Tatsuya's position, because it determines who has the influence of nuking the entire planet.

I also like how the author just won't let Lina go to japan which i love since I also dislike her, but he really has no actual justification for that, he already set a completely irrational precedence last time when he sent her to japan even though she's a S-Class magician that should be protected and made sure to never fall into the hands of the enemy, so any argument like it's too danger cannot be made this time either.

Anyway, romance was always a subplot of mahouka, giving it all of this importance this time around is disappointing because that's not what i read mahouka for, give me plot and no romance in this case is not plot.
Remember, we as readers know more than the characters do. As far as Gouki si concerned, he probably believes that Tatsuya and Masaki are similar in strength. We know the difference, but he doesn't. Also, the clans haven't had the chance to realize Tatsuya's full power yet.

Mostly agree with you on the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniih Detsu View Post

(For example: Even if a Sage learned critical information about other nation they would have to report it o USNA, so they could record it?)

2. Does the operator need magic skills or just have similar talents as Raymond Clark?

LKK: Sorry I just read part 1 of Izumo's simplified spoilers the others I read in Spanish. If there's something in my post that breaks the rules, please, feel free to edit it.
Quote:

I think part of what Aniih is asking in point 1 is where does the information in Echelon III/Hijoslaf (or however its spelled) comes from, not just where the sages must report the information they get. Since it was built by the USNA, does it only have information that the USNA has, or can it intercept information from other systems? For example, if another country receives a report on a situation happening in their territory, and the USNA does not have access to that data, could the sages discover it?

Also, thanks to Izumo for transcribing the summaries here.
knaka148 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue