AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-03-29, 17:14   Link #10061
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
For that excess of work that is now accumulating to your future, I am one of the supporters that Issei only needs to marry an heir of a demonic clan ... which is rias and marrying more is more work than benefit, it is a unpopular opinion but I'm already used to being part of unpopular opinions (and I don't want more girls in the harem either, but that's my personal opinion)
Oh, i have your opinion about the harem too. Personally i don't see why the people wants more girls, when the number is high only to have characters introduced for the fan service, not relevant not even in their volume or with a bad characterization, removing more space to the main girls.
For me this is one of the thing that spoils the story
Giuseppe1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-29, 18:01   Link #10062
Ka-el

Quote:
For that excess of work that is now accumulating to your future, I am one of the supporters that Issei only needs to marry an heir of a demonic clan ... which is rias and marrying more is more work than benefit, it is a unpopular opinion but I'm already used to being part of unpopular opinions (and I don't want more girls in the harem either, but that's my personal opinion)
it depedends. In EX Rias has already retired from her position for example.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 03:32   Link #10063
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

People and I want more girls because it's satisfactory to have a harem series boastful with being a true harem and more keeps fuelling this flex that we can piss on other harems. Plus, it doesn't waste girls who have a 80-100% chance of being recruited. Yasaka and especially Kunou could have been rejected like many other series would to them, but they weren't wasted. Last reason... More Harem Battles discussions between fans to describe their/our favourites.
Old 2020-03-30, 06:07   Link #10064
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
People and I want more girls because it's satisfactory to have a harem series boastful with being a true harem and more keeps fuelling this flex that we can piss on other harems. Plus, it doesn't waste girls who have a 80-100% chance of being recruited. Yasaka and especially Kunou could have been rejected like many other series would to them, but they weren't wasted. Last reason... More Harem Battles discussions between fans to describe their/our favourites.
I don't continue to understeand how is it satisfactory have female characters who are not relevants for the history, with a bad characterizations, sometimes introduced only for the fan service. Removing space to the trues and main girls.

This is my thought
Old 2020-03-30, 06:39   Link #10065
B214

Truth be told at this point, i don't think its a good idea for Ishibumi to add more females or rather add more regular characters to the story. It feels as though Ishibumi got triggered by Dragon Ball Super Tournament of Power arc and introduced too many characters which some are just unimportant and now even increase the power scale more and more. I think it's best for him not to add anymore at this point before this series enter the Bleach territory.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 06:44   Link #10066
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
DxD is already a true harem series just by having the 12 heavenly breasts and better than many others in its genre by having a parallel history to the harem.

Adding more girls with very poor development does not make dxd become better than other harem series, but rather loses its essence that made it better and gets closer to the generic isekai universe.

A saying in my language is "don't bite off more than you can chew," which would mean don't do something you can't handle.

And to conclude this would be my opinion against the exaggerated increase in the harem, I know that it is going to increase its current number of girls but that it is the smallest possible number and not every new girl that appears.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 06:52   Link #10067
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Truth be told at this point, i don't think its a good idea for Ishibumi to add more females or rather add more regular characters to the story. It feels as though Ishibumi got triggered by Dragon Ball Super Tournament of Power arc and introduced too many characters which some are just unimportant and now even increase the power scale more and more. I think it's best for him not to add anymore at this point before this series enter the Bleach territory.
For now it sure that others Two girls will be introduced in the harem (mutation rock and Pawn of issei)
Old 2020-03-30, 07:07   Link #10068
godz

I hope that the rook and the pawns are irregular women, like the tower someone from FxF and maybe the pawn (which could be 4x or 8x, I like myself more for the second) an ExE woman ... But this is more my Personal wish that the last members are exceptional new girls like ingvild.

Last edited by godz; 2020-03-30 at 07:21.
Old 2020-03-30, 07:10   Link #10069
Giuseppe1234

Quote:
I hope that the rook and the pawns are irregular women, like the tower someone from FxF and maybe the pawn (which could be 4x or 8x, I dislike myself more for the second) an ExE woman ... But this is more my Personal wish that the last members are exceptional new girls like ingvild.
For the mutation rook it is sure that will be a girls very strong. I agree with you with all the rest, except that i would prefer more only 1 girl 8 pawns, because only x4 would not be so amazing and less girls is better for me

The corrects words to describe Ingvild are: abnormal or monster in a positive sense because Rossweisse or Xenovia are already ecceptionals, the strongest of the harem for now

Last edited by Giuseppe1234; 2020-03-30 at 07:28.
Old 2020-03-30, 09:40   Link #10070
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
So basically the fourth arc on crack.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-30, 15:04   Link #10071
cyberdemon

I find it likely that the Seraselbes that was shown in volume 4 will be the rook. I don't find it coincidental that she was described as human looking and looking like she is 17 years old. The age is kind of a pointless detail unless it had a purpose.
Old 2020-03-30, 16:48   Link #10072
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I find it likely that the Seraselbes that was shown in volume 4 will be the rook. I don't find it coincidental that she was described as human looking and looking like she is 17 years old. The age is kind of a pointless detail unless it had a purpose.
What else was she supposed to look like?

The point about her conveniently appearing at the beginning of the volume and finding out Issei's unused rook piece is a mutation piece doesn't seem like a coincidence.

There seems to be no other reason for a girl appearing like she did and not being of relevance to the story.
Old 2020-03-30, 21:12   Link #10073
cyberdemon

My guess is that her and the evil one are sisters. Evil seraselbes became drunk on power and joined the UL, becoming the “sister” of the other 2 being the only ones they see as equals. This one might be a priestess of the chichigami who was sent to assist Issei since she has personal knowledge of ul leaders.
Old 2020-03-30, 22:42   Link #10074
godz

I think that Sefaira Serasabes was a priestess forced to convert to the religion of Ul when their world was conquered by them and took the surname of Serasabes ... I say it is not the first time that a religion converts local people to their faith ( cof cof Christianity cof cof)
Old 2020-03-31, 06:39   Link #10075
Lucidrago

Quote:
My guess is that her and the evil one are sisters. Evil seraselbes became drunk on power and joined the UL, becoming the “sister” of the other 2 being the only ones they see as equals. This one might be a priestess of the chichigami who was sent to assist Issei since she has personal knowledge of ul leaders.
She is from FxF so that seems very unlikely.

And Seraselbes is an evil god from ExE and far exceeds Dragon God-class.

@godz That's a good prediction. Never thought of that one.

EDIT: I wonder if anyone else noticed this. But both Rias and Latia are both heirs of their respective houses. They are both close relatives of the two Maou who came from those houses. And their mothers are both from the two highest-ranking houses of the 72 Pillars.

I don't think it's coincidental that Ishibumi revealed how exactly she is related to Ajuka and what house her mother is from. The only reason I can see him doing that for Latia is if he intends for her to be of some significance to the story. It's just highly unusual that Ishibumi would get that specific for a character introduced in a short story.

She will likely have the Agares' limited time manipulation abilities. I see no other reason why Ishibumi would reveal who her mother is unless that was the case.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2020-03-31 at 11:34.
Old 2020-03-31, 13:30   Link #10076
cyberdemon

Ishi has said that their popularity will determine whether they appear in the main story. So it can go either way. What have the Japanese fans been saying about them?
Old 2020-03-31, 13:39   Link #10077
godz

no one can replace sona :,,c
Old 2020-03-31, 14:02   Link #10078
Lucidrago

Quote:
Ishi has said that their popularity will determine whether they appear in the main story. So it can go either way. What have the Japanese fans been saying about them?
I know that. But to put two new characters in a short story with prominent positions like those two is highly unusual.

If it was earlier in the series I feel that Ishibumi would have put them in the main story. But he seems conscious of the number of characters he has included in the series. And he isn't going to insert a character in the main story that may not be that popular. So he's using the short stories to test them out.

This is the problem with Ishibumi putting so many characters in the series. He really can't introduce any new ones that aren't in some way relevant to the plot.

I'm unsure about Iryuka, but I think he really wants to put Latia into the main story.
Old 2020-03-31, 14:56   Link #10079
BlazeSatori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I know that. But to put two new characters in a short story with prominent positions like those two is highly unusual.

If it was earlier in the series I feel that Ishibumi would have put them in the main story. But he seems conscious of the number of characters he has included in the series. And he isn't going to insert a character in the main story that may not be that popular. So he's using the short stories to test them out.

This is the problem with Ishibumi putting so many characters in the series. He really can't introduce any new ones that aren't in some way relevant to the plot.

I'm unsure about Iryuka, but I think he really wants to put Latia into the main story.
Really makes you wonder if the only reason why he made Sona the head was to make Iryuka and Latia have some shine in the series now that Sona isn’t prominent as much anymore.
BlazeSatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 15:45   Link #10080
B214

@Lucidrago, Abe is introduced in short stories as well. Unfortunately she's nowhere in the main story now.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote