AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-07, 02:35   Link #10061
AndySimpson96

@nyaa I don't think it's actually said where about in Europe, although I do think I remember seeing someone mention that it's along the coast of the North Sea
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 05:33   Link #10062
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Vermillion does seem like a European country, but yeah, I don't think it's been confirmed. Edelweiss is German, though.

@Nyaa-kun: I agree with your match-ups, but yeah, Ikki and Stella fighting those particular opponents would be weird.

I really hope Yui, Nene and Iris can participate in the war as Vermillion's representatives. That and Edelweiss training Ikki would be great.
Old 2017-03-07, 06:41   Link #10063
Chris_Main

Quote:
Her name was Stella Vermillion, and she was a princess of the Vermillion Empire, a small European nation. It was big news in the media that she was studying abroad in Japan. 『A prodigy said to appear only once in a decade! Stella Vermillion-sama (15), the second imperial princess of the Vermillion Empire, enrolls at Hagun Academy after getting record marks!
Vermillion is a European nation and it was confirmed right at the beginning of Volume 1 in chapter 1.

If AndySimpson96 is right about the location along the coast of the North Sea then it could be Great Britain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark or Norway.

Of course only if the Rakudai world building adapt to the real world.
Chris_Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 08:17   Link #10064
AP24

As mentioned in Vol 10, Vermillion is a country in the corner of Europe existing along the coast facing the North Sea.

Edelweiss being German is just a guess.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 08:20   Link #10065
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
As mentioned in Vol 10, Vermillion is a country in the corner of Europe existing along the coast facing the North Sea.

Edelweiss being German is just a guess.
That description suit only for Baltic States - Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, because they are in the corner of the Europe and they are all small countries. ( Also, Denmark, but that is not in the corner of the Europe )
But on other hand, only one small country with coast, facing the North Sea is Denmark. So it is probably like that. ( Belgium is possibility, but I don´t think so, that country is sandwiched between the other countries. )
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 08:21   Link #10066
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Main View Post
Vermillion is a European nation and it was confirmed right at the beginning of Volume 1 in chapter 1.

If AndySimpson96 is right about the location along the coast of the North Sea then it could be Great Britain, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark or Norway.

Of course only if the Rakudai world building adapt to the real world.
Oh I could go into a deep conversation with you about the 3rd point but I'll save that for a private conversation. But you're right about it being up North and I always thought that Stella was from Hungary although Hungary isn't a Scandinavian country, but she could also be from Norway not to mention Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Åland Islands and just recently Lithuania as well, since All these countries have a lot of Norse backgrounds and guess what? Stella's Sword Laevateinn is connected to Surtr and Helheim too.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 08:30   Link #10067
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
Oh I could go into a deep conversation with you about the 3rd point but I'll save that for a private conversation. But you're right about it being up North and I always thought that Stella was from Hungary although Hungary isn't a Scandinavian country, but she could also be from Norway not to mention Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Åland Islands and just recently Lithuania as well, since All these countries have a lot of Norse backgrounds and guess what? Stella's Sword Laevateinn is connected to Surtr and Helheim too.
There are actually only 2 countries, that fit the bill. Denmark and Belgium. But mostly fit Denmark.
Old 2017-03-07, 09:15   Link #10068
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
There are actually only 2 countries, that fit the bill. Denmark and Belgium. But mostly fit Denmark.
Yeah, then it's likely Denmark if you're right. Could also be Belgium, though.

@AP24: Yeah, Edelweiss being German is just a guess at the moment, but it still likely. Her name sounds German (though it mainly sounds like a Norse name, meaning she could be from any country with a Norse background).
Old 2017-03-07, 09:32   Link #10069
AP24

Quote:
Countries that have coast facing the North Sea are Denmark, Belgium, UK, Norway, Netherlands and Germany. It was also mentioned that Lunaeyes and Johann went to Cambridge, which is near those countries.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 09:34   Link #10070
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Countries that have coast facing the North Sea are Denmark, Belgium, UK, Norway, Netherlands and Germany. It was also mentioned that Lunaeyes and Johann went to Cambridge, which is near those countries.
Indeed, but small country is only Denmark and Belgium that is why I find it useless talk about the others + don´t forget about that corner part. Uk is on the island, Germany, Norway are much bigger when you compare it to the Belgium and Denmark. So yeah, as I say, Belgium and Denmark fit the bill. Netherland is small too, but it don´t suit, atleast for me. ( Denmark suits the most because of Norse mythology ) But on other hand, current conflict fits for Netherlands vs Belgium Okay, enough of this for me, too much things to compare
Edelweiss should be Germany as you say, it is not the first time this name appear somewhere.

Last edited by sparhawk1610; 2017-03-07 at 10:13.
Old 2017-03-07, 12:22   Link #10071
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Yeah, then it's likely Denmark if you're right. Could also be Belgium, though.

@AP24: Yeah, Edelweiss being German is just a guess at the moment, but it still likely. Her name sounds German (though it mainly sounds like a Norse name, meaning she could be from any country with a Norse background).
Quote:
Quote:
Indeed, but small country is only Denmark and Belgium that is why I find it useless talk about the others + don´t forget about that corner part. Uk is on the island, Germany, Norway are much bigger when you compare it to the Belgium and Denmark. So yeah, as I say, Belgium and Denmark fit the bill. Netherland is small too, but it don´t suit, atleast for me. ( Denmark suits the most because of Norse mythology ) But on other hand, current conflict fits for Netherlands vs Belgium Okay, enough of this for me, too much things to compare
Edelweiss should be Germany as you say, it is not the first time this name appear somewhere.
According to this website it states and I'm just quoting...https://www.houseofnames.com/vermillion-family-crest

The surname Vermillion was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.

And on Wikipedia...

The word vermilion came from the Old French word vermeillon, which was derived from vermeil, from the Latin vermiculus, the diminutive of the Latin word vermis, or worm. It has the same origin as the English word vermin.[4] The name originated because it had a similar color to the natural red dye made from an insect, the Kermes vermilio, which was widely used in Europe.[7] The words for the color in Portuguese (vermelho), Galician (vermello) and Catalan (vermell) have the same origin. The first recorded use of vermilion as a color name in English was in 1289.[8][9] The term cinnabar was used interchangeably with vermilion until the 17th century, when vermilion became the more common name. By the late 18th century 'cinnabar' applied to the unground natural mineral only.
Old 2017-03-07, 13:04   Link #10072
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
According to this website it states and I'm just quoting...https://www.houseofnames.com/vermillion-family-crest

The surname Vermillion was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.

And on Wikipedia...

The word vermilion came from the Old French word vermeillon, which was derived from vermeil, from the Latin vermiculus, the diminutive of the Latin word vermis, or worm. It has the same origin as the English word vermin.[4] The name originated because it had a similar color to the natural red dye made from an insect, the Kermes vermilio, which was widely used in Europe.[7] The words for the color in Portuguese (vermelho), Galician (vermello) and Catalan (vermell) have the same origin. The first recorded use of vermilion as a color name in English was in 1289.[8][9] The term cinnabar was used interchangeably with vermilion until the 17th century, when vermilion became the more common name. By the late 18th century 'cinnabar' applied to the unground natural mineral only.
That's all well and good, but notice that the rest of us are referencing the novels themselves. Don't bring the real world into this when it's about the novel itself. And the novels state that Vermillion is a country in a corner of Europe near the coast of the Northern Sea, and that it's a small country. The two countries that fit the bill, as Sparhawk said, are Belgium and Denver.
Old 2017-03-07, 13:14   Link #10073
AndySimpson96

I was always leaning towards it being Denmark, but then would Cradleland also be the rest of Denmark since they both share a border, and Vermillion split of from Cradleland? Would make sense size wise.
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 13:17   Link #10074
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that too. So in this story, Denmark got split into Cradleland and Vermillion. If this theory is true.
Old 2017-03-07, 13:20   Link #10075
RDNexus

But then, in that sense, Holland could also be considered, am I wrong?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-07, 13:37   Link #10076
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
But then, in that sense, Holland could also be considered, am I wrong?
Netherland - Holland, and yes ofc. It is one of the 3 options.
If it is in current conflict vise then the best candidate = Netherland vs Belgium = Vermillion vs Cradelands.
But ofc it is only in theory. That corner of Europe part is a bit misleading, but well, nothing is perfect. But that is enough to this topic from me.

Btw guys, do you think that they will allow Nene, Ein and Iris join the fray on the tournament? I hope that yes.
Old 2017-03-07, 13:51   Link #10077
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think it's possible, at least. And I hope they're allowed to participate. But the fact that they aren't from Vermillion is worrying. Iris being All-Goal's sister means there might be hope for her being allowed to participate.
Old 2017-03-07, 13:58   Link #10078
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
That's all well and good, but notice that the rest of us are referencing the novels themselves. Don't bring the real world into this when it's about the novel itself. And the novels state that Vermillion is a country in a corner of Europe near the coast of the Northern Sea, and that it's a small country. The two countries that fit the bill, as Sparhawk said, are Belgium and Denver.
Ryoma: "We weren't born with wings and yet we travelled to the Moon"...hmmm I wonder what Grandpa Ryoma meant by that? That's not an accident nor is it a coincidence right?
Old 2017-03-07, 14:00   Link #10079
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
I think it's possible, at least. And I hope they're allowed to participate. But the fact that they aren't from Vermillion is worrying. Iris being All-Goal's sister means there might be hope for her being allowed to participate.
That is true, I have the same worries. But on other hand All-Goal and others are not from the Cradeland too, isn´t?. I would like to see Iris and Nene in all out fight. I had a typo in the previous post, I mean Yui, sorry.
Old 2017-03-07, 14:08   Link #10080
DragonOsman
Dragon King

All-Goal right now is acting as the King of Cradleland, so that's why him participating is fine. His rules state that no one outside of (the current) Cradleland and Vermillion interfere in the war. Ikki is fine the King of Vermillion have him permission (I guess if Nene and the others get permission from Sirius as well, they can participate?).

@HOLLOW08: He meant that man can't fly but still reached the moon. Meaning that even though man normally can't aim higher than they can reach, aiming as high as the moon allowed them to reach it. He was telling Ikki that he can be strong if he tries, basically. What does that have to do with this, though?

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural