AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 24 Rating [FINAL]
Perfect 10 70 49.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 22.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.41%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-20, 14:34   Link #81
Fandal

In a way, this ending seems forced. Looking at what happened in the past, everything here doesn't make sense.

It feels like this ending is pandering to people who want: lots of action, an easy to tell that person is a villain who is evil, everyone is happy again, and so forth. Linking the story with the rest of Index/Railgun - not so much.

When I try to link it up to the rest of the story and even index, it doesn't link up. It's like they took what Kirama-sensei said to Misaka that Academic City isn't as easy as Princess Misaka think's it is and threw it out the window for an easy villain, and easy action scene, and so forth. How did this ending make Misaka grow?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 14:38   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No point in me giving my bit by bit thoughts. Through out the whole episode all i was thinking was how much win this was made out of.

I just dropped it a point because there were points here and there that felt a little cliche. Just bits and niggles like Telestina doing the typical "explaining how she will succeed" and "Just give up. You can't achieve anything".

Otherwise, it was brilliant.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 16:33   Link #83
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
I doubt that Telestina was dead.Misaki clearly isn't the type that handle murder easily and up until Sister Arc she is still very kindhearted.
The whole power of friendship thing makes this look like it should be later than the sister arc [While Touma and Index are out of town for example.] unfortunately this is set on at latest
Spoiler for the 8th:
and 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Only thing that could have made it better would be Saten hitting Telestina in the face with her bat, HARD.
I was expecting that but then I was expecting Kongo to use Aero Hand to counter Capacity Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post

August 9? .... When did the sisters arc start again?
Spoiler for Events of the 10 August:
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 16:53   Link #84
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Those of you wondering whether or not Telestina is dead need to watch past the end credits.
Old 2010-03-20, 17:49   Link #85
LastResolve

great episode i keep wondering how easy it would be for kakine or accelarator to stop that robot lol i really HOPE fore a new Season of Tamni since thanks to railgun the series got really popular xD
Old 2010-03-20, 18:10   Link #86
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Noooooooooooooo, there's no more railgun after this! Now what other" shows will I watch on my Saturday other than Durarara? ;_;

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 21:29   Link #87
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
great episode i keep wondering how easy it would be for kakine or accelarator to stop that robot lol i really HOPE fore a new Season of Tamni since thanks to railgun the series got really popular xD
Kakine: This day is soooo hot! Hey! Why are you melting with the sunlight?
Accelerator: *The robot flies away after touching him*... I guess something touched my back, nahh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
It's like they took what Kirama-sensei said to Misaka that Academic City isn't as easy as Princess Misaka think's it is and threw it out the window for an easy villain, and easy action scene, and so forth. How did this ending make Misaka grow?
In nothing all of this is going to be thrown away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It's not like she gained new power.
The object itself she launched for the Railgun was much bigger than a coin, so it basically didn't melt after 50 metres but went farer and the volume of the object also added to the higher power output.
And that she could use the metal fist for the Railgun to begin with is because it wasn't too big, plus the ideal position to fire made possible by Kuroko.
That makes the railgun more unrealistic, you know the more big is the projectile the more bigger should be the recoil, but in this series.... there is no recoil nor heat.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-20 at 21:45.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 21:38   Link #88
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, I can't blame Biribiri. She's just that stubborn.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 00:07   Link #89
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahhh man I'm feeling really down now, no moar Kuroko-sama!!!

Well that was a pretty great way to end the series, while there was some "wtf?" moments last ep altho still a good ep this just went with the flow and you just have to love it!

Think best bit is def Kuroko-sama and Kongou, they totally stole the lime light this ep!

p.s I would have loved to see Mugi-chan throwing trucks at helicopters
Old 2010-03-21, 00:08   Link #90
Wrath88
Kissing...

I just wonder about Accelerator's reaction to Capacity Down when you mention him. Normally he'll redirect the sound, right? But if the Capacity Down affects his ability to do so...

Oh, and I don't usually post here, so apologies if this is an old topic.

Kongou's ability is quite interesting, how does the physics of it work?
Old 2010-03-21, 03:19   Link #91
tsunade666

anything she touch will be blasted by wind. its a specialization of wind control to the point that anything she touch. The wind will gather their and strike it.

As for accelerator it would work on that guy. He can just deflect it and also for kakine.
That will only work on the lower parts level that doesn't have a freaking cheat on them.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 04:10   Link #92
Wrath88
Kissing...

Oh, I see. Air Handle is an apt name then. By touching the place, she creates a 'handle' for the air to gather around, then that air will propel the item that has been targeted.

Lolz, a flipped coin followed the car's vector until Biribiri could do her railgun. Well, the rest of it was satisfactory enough.

Still, I wonder how Telestina could have survived.
Railgun 1: Her cockpit wasn't as high it seemed
Railgun 2: The Electromaster took the brunt of the damage. Well, at least she should have some broken ribs
Old 2010-03-21, 04:10   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I just wonder about Accelerator's reaction to Capacity Down when you mention him. Normally he'll redirect the sound, right? But if the Capacity Down affects his ability to do so...
Redirection would reflect all the 'harmful' sound waves before it could affect him.

Besides, you wouldn't want Accelerator to lose control over his powers now, would you? Unlike Mikoto, this guy is likely willing to take out the entire city block just to destroy the Capacity Down system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He can just deflect it and also for kakine.
Huh?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 04:24   Link #94
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Someone contacted me in the Wiki and said that Mazui made a mistranslation and it was Aero Hand, not Air Handle. But but I heard "Air Handle" clearly back at the episode...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 05:27   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Someone contacted me in the Wiki and said that Mazui made a mistranslation and it was Aero Hand, not Air Handle. But but I heard "Air Handle" clearly back at the episode...
Listening to it more closely, it sounds like she says "Air Hand". But it might be Aero. In any case, I'm sure it's hand and not handle.
Old 2010-03-21, 05:51   Link #96
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

End of this show .

There were some good and some bad things .
Oh well , Biribiri with her kickass Railgun , win .
Rofl , Telestina with her spear reminds me Valkyria Chronicles .

I'm not very enthusiasm about Railgun , i still prefer Index ( not the character , the show ) .
Overall , i'll give a 6/10 .

Now , JC-Staff , i want SnS S3 ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 06:01   Link #97
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
All this fighting and beating up, and the main good guys still have nothing more than a few bruises and scratches. Telestina is walking around in an exosuit and takes more damage. Mikoto takes a high-powered rocket-propelled several-ton-weighed steel claw head on and blows it up in her face, then gets knocked around by Telestina in her exosuit even more. And not even a drop of blood. Huh? Did JC Staff all of a sudden develop a phobia of showing good guys getting hurt? It just feels dumb whent he good guy is barely getting scratched in the final battle. We're not watching Pokemon; I think we can handle a little blood on our good guys.
Aside from the cheeeeeeeese (plus, Mikoto speeches just don't have the same impact as Touma speeches) this is probably my biggest complaint on the episode. I mean, here we have a woman walking around in a robotic suit of armor which has already shown to be quite powerful, and smacking around kids with them doesn't do more than generate a couple of bruises?

What?

That aside, it was still a very enjoyable episode. Now to wait for the manga to generate enough material to warrant a second season.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 06:35   Link #98
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

You forgot that this is Railgun, not Index. It has to be all about candies and flowers and sunshine; the villain has to be typical i-have-no-idea-why-she's-batshit-insane-but-she-just-is meanie; trying-to-sound-epic-but-failing-terribly-at-it speeches; and blood and gore is a fictional concept like the Loch Ness Monster and global warming. All of which corresponding to Misaka's naivity.

Personally I feel that the only thing of note this episode was that we finally got to see Aero Hand in action, and it did not disappoint.
Old 2010-03-21, 07:31   Link #99
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
You forgot that this is Railgun, not Index. It has to be all about candies and flowers and sunshine; the villain has to be typical i-have-no-idea-why-she's-batshit-insane-but-she-just-is meanie; trying-to-sound-epic-but-failing-terribly-at-it speeches; and blood and gore is a fictional concept like the Loch Ness Monster and global warming. All of which corresponding to Misaka's naivity.

Personally I feel that the only thing of note this episode was that we finally got to see Aero Hand in action, and it did not disappoint.
Right I agree with you. Just seeing kuroko and Kongou side by side made the episode complete( I wouldn't complain on the ridiculous big railgun + the CHEESE in the end.... really I wasn't emotional at all. And Could they just add more blood. The index anime is also ruin for me because I didn't get to see blood zombie touma when he fought against accel.... Why was all their works are ALL NO BLOOD BATH AT ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Redirection would reflect all the 'harmful' sound waves before it could affect him.

Besides, you wouldn't want Accelerator to lose control over his powers now, would you? Unlike Mikoto, this guy is likely willing to take out the entire city block just to destroy the Capacity Down system.

Huh?
If your talking about kakine. I think I mean it wouldn't even made contact with kakine. Because she needs to deal with those wings before she even made close to him.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 07:44   Link #100
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hmm I decided to listen to that again, and I heard it as "Aero Hando"... so... it is Aero Hand.

Anyway, I'll just be one of those people who think this episode is one of the best thing I've seen... though there was the feeling of it rushed somewhere, but over all, very enjoyable.
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote