AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-08-25, 17:00   Link #81
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
*Sigh* It's so frustrating that some people can't look beyond such a minor issue like animation quality and just enjoy the story. At least include your thoughts on the arc along with any complaints you have, make the most out of your posts. I always thought an arc dealing with one of the last two Shichibukai to be seen would have been a hot topic.

That's not really accurate, each episode has it's own budget which must be stuck to. More important episodes or episodes with tons of fighting get the highest budget. You can't throw tons of money at a show no matter how popular it is. Though your point about the teams being cheap/lazy may well still be true.

Don't get me wrong guys, there have been many a time where I can see a lack of effort in some scenes and even a few times I've gone 'Ugh, was the artist drunk when he drew that?'. I understand where you're coming from, all I'm saying is that dwelling on it is a waste of our time. No one is gonna listen to us and increase the budget. I don't know why One Piece out of all the Big Three has such poor standards compared to the other two. But I love One Piece for the story, even the poor animation quality can't ruin that for me. Plus the music is nothing short of awesome. Sorry for the rant.
But yeah the standards better get higher for the next arc, it just screams to be made the most of. You anime only viewers will just have to wait to see what I'm talking about when the time comes.

I bet even Oda is kicking himself for not using that idea, if nothing else the anime team has some greats ideas from time to time.

Boa wasn't the first to suffer from this, poor Robin and Nami went through multiple cup size changes during both episodes and movies, depending how pervy the lead animater was.
I like this arc so far but compare to the past it seem like OP has more teams working on it or it gets out source more that why looks change so much compare to the old days.

I expect need week for them to add some filler for Boa past to make another 1 chapter ep. 2 or 3 more eps until ID arc.

On side note i catch up to naruto the other day man art style for some the ep with the sauce was just bad. Bleach has most constant art and animation these days.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 19:59   Link #82
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Apart from the anime original content, hasn't the animation duplicated the manga quite well? I think that depends on the individual watching.

Quote:
...Huh? BB gun? Are you talking about the pistol punches used in the anime original content? You're not being very clear. And besides, when you read a fight in a manga isn't it the reader who decides exactly how fast and everything is going on? When I read an attack by Luffy, is he attacking faster then you imagine he would, or slower?
If you look at the toei early animations of the gomu gomu no pistol, you can tell there is velocity on the hand where as now it just doesn't "pop" like the earlier episodes, I'm just saying that the anime versions pistol doesn't share the same intensity, power, or even velocity as the manga
Quote:

Again, expectations are individual. It's not really fair to compare manga to anime anyway. I prefer the manga over the anime, but I admit there are moments in the anime that are much better then their manga counterparts.
Never said that there weren't but most of those come during the beginning of the series and less from the later, mine are specifically shanks confronts dragonking while saving luffy, skypeia arc which were clearly well done
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 01:43   Link #83
Rume
To The New World

Coming episode will all be on Boa's flashback, thus I'm really looking forward to it.

Given that a conclusion seems to be coming soon, I really think that this short arc is great. Boa's appearance is being portrayed very well. And we also get to know more about the concept on "Haki".

Hope other straw hats' adventures will be as good as this~
I'm not very fussy about the animation, so I think it's still acceptable for me. ^_^

Visit My Blog | My Gallery -- "I want to live! Take me out to the sea with you!"
Rume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 03:17   Link #84
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
So from the big 3 OP has the best story, and by that mean that when I watch an episode with very crappy animation I'll still watch whole of it, while if I were to see one or two in Bleach or Naruto I'd skip to the best parts (missing many added jokes).

The gas thing isn't bad but in comparison to whats to come, it just seems weak souce.

The thing with Gear Second is that it used to be much faster and not visable. Jed Bazooka in this episode and "trowing" technique were a good example - in the past the bazooka would just go boom and then it was ruined for me that they even blocked it a little (I know that it's anime and they want to strech things while they able to but that ruins the strenght of it). But for some people to admit that (because they are too unobjective) they would have to make the black panter jump arround the stage and try to catch running Luffy before he'd send it flying and everybody would be shocked.
Old 2009-08-26, 18:32   Link #85
saravis

This is the way Gear Second should be, I had mentioned back in the Sabaody (sp) arc that Luffy's GS was underwhelming and after seeing him use it here, I fully hold that stance. Here it was used right, his speed and strength were on par with what was shown in the CP9 conflict, hopefully this will be how its displayed, for the most part, from here on
Old 2009-08-27, 02:47   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Catching up with this series hasn't been easy. I guess that's what I get for falling so far behind. Had to go from the rescue Robin situation all the way here. Great episodes along the way that's for sure.

I have to give Luffy credit for covering up that mark. Really is a great guy to go that far even though they were willing to not just kill him but others from their own island without a second thought. I guess since he beat the two sisters that's good enough. Besides that whole island seems to be messed up in the head. It's sad when an outsider like Luffy has to comment on how heartless they can be to their own people. Though when the leader is kicking kittens and smashing the art of children it's to be expected.

At this point not caring much about Boa and the other girls. Wonder if the flashback will change that much at all. It'll either be "oh that's what happened, I feel for them" or "so that's their past, sad but I still don't like them."

Hopefully the rest of the straw hat crew are doing alright. Zoro was pretty badly hurt especially when you consider the damage taken from the first encounter with Kuma. Hopefully he's somewhere near Chopper so he can get patched up.
Old 2009-08-27, 04:39   Link #87
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
This is the way Gear Second should be, I had mentioned back in the Sabaody (sp) arc that Luffy's GS was underwhelming and after seeing him use it here, I fully hold that stance. Here it was used right, his speed and strength were on par with what was shown in the CP9 conflict, hopefully this will be how its displayed, for the most part, from here on
Rob Lucci had rouki of 4000 and after transforming he was even stronger and it was Luffy's Jet Gattling gun that beat him in the end, so unless Haki makes such huge diffrence it's poor attemt at animating.
Old 2009-08-28, 04:47   Link #88
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I somehow get the feeling Hancock´s gonna become another one of Luffy´s crewmembers. At least it seems she has some unfinished business from her past, and puts all her hope of achieving / fulfilling something on Luffy´s back (like it is always the case).
Old 2009-08-28, 06:07   Link #89
Rume
To The New World

Hmm is it? She doesn't seem to have any dreams or goal for now (I'm not a manga reader).

It will be really awesome if she joined, but then again, I'm not sure who will protect Amazon Lily anymore, since it's her Shichibukai's title who grants the isolation/protection of the island from others. Unless Kuja pirates disband? I doubt so too..

Visit My Blog | My Gallery -- "I want to live! Take me out to the sea with you!"
Old 2009-08-28, 15:43   Link #90
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Rob Lucci had rouki of 4000 and after transforming he was even stronger and it was Luffy's Jet Gattling gun that beat him in the end, so unless Haki makes such huge diffrence it's poor attemt at animating.
You have misunderstood Luffy vs Lucci fight, most damaging attack Lucci received on fight was Luffys Gear 3 gigant pistol. Luccy got pretty badly damaged and lost conciousness for moment.

He was already hurting when Luffys gear second gatling hit him. This isnt rpg anyway where every gomu gomu bazooka hits for 50 dmg and every gatling for 70 damage, it depends on situation and how intensily Luffy attacks, two gatling attacks used on diffrent situations can have quite alot of diffrence on impact.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:27   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rume View Post
Hmm is it? She doesn't seem to have any dreams or goal for now (I'm not a manga reader).

It will be really awesome if she joined, but then again, I'm not sure who will protect Amazon Lily anymore, since it's her Shichibukai's title who grants the isolation/protection of the island from others. Unless Kuja pirates disband? I doubt so too..
Yeah I'd be surprised if she was picked up. I mean sure it seems they grab a person every once in a while to join the crew, but not sure here. Like you said there is the responsibility to Amazon Lily (though how much she cares about that is debatable ). Besides she is already leading the Kuja pirates and it'd be odd if she just left to take a position on Luffy's crew.
Old 2009-08-29, 01:12   Link #92
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Ah, but what if the WG is destroyed?
Old 2009-08-29, 07:42   Link #93
Rume
To The New World

Wow. I never thought of that, but it will either be a BIG twist or near the end of the story if that really happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Ah, but what if the WG is destroyed?
At this point of time, I really don't think Boa will join as part of the SH.
Not enough material up to now to support the speculation yet.

Actually, how does the Amazonians store "Haki" in their arrows?
The "Haki" should be in the arrow only upon firing right?

I'm interested to know how they (Amazonians) know how to apply the principle of "Haki". If so.. which mean the SH crews should be able to do so too.. in order to fight against logia users next time.

Old 2009-08-29, 20:10   Link #94
Wolcik

Man, seriosly. After rewatching vsBruno battle I can say that current animation of 2nd Gear and Jet Bazooka is nothing like it was for the first time.

I dunno if it was mentioned in the Haki threat (will have to check one day), but it seems that Mantra might be just some kind of Haki reading.
Old 2009-08-29, 22:04   Link #95
Charred Knight

Funimation's streaming video for 415 isn't bad at all, especially considering that I am using DSL in the middle of nowhere.

I am suprised by the content, usually with major Shonen Jump shows the fanservice and violence are really badly censored. Bleach really comes to mind where Harribel was censored a lot.

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2009-08-29 at 22:18.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 05:43   Link #96
andy

Handcock and others were so cute when they were young lol.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 06:18   Link #97
Wolcik

Animation style changed again. So many teasing scenes when showing half boobs, but since they disobeyed gravity I wasn't exited about them. The voiced for young Hacocktachi were cute and it's a shame that there weren't more of them. Overally a nice episode for such constant crying one The next one will have pretty sweet pace I hope.
Old 2009-08-30, 06:51   Link #98
ZGoten
Custom User Title

This arc is getting more and more epic. Once more the viewer is shown how terrible those Celestial Dragons are, which leads him to wanting Luffy to punch another one of them sooo hard (at least me).
Old 2009-08-30, 07:24   Link #99
Forever
Revealing the truth

Wonder what kind of things was the celestial dragons doing with them?
Old 2009-08-30, 08:38   Link #100
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Wonder what kind of things was the celestial dragons doing with them?
The kind of things that happen in you avatar maybe, lol.