Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-21, 00:06   Link #81
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Does no one really get the Peanut butterflies thing? The song's singing about yummy food and natural things, like... eyes = apple, sun = pie, etc. And then there's peanut butter...who doesn't like peanut butter... peanut butter = butterflies, the word becomes one because they both have butter in them, and it's SO CUTE.

I see nothing confusing about this.
Can't say I do, can't say i can't either. Taking the lines(per line) literally one can see the riddle in the song. Although, I interpreted the song differently from yours

Quote:
I looked at the world through apple eyes
And cut myself a slice of sunshine pie
I danced with the peanut butterflies
Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye

A thousand sugar stars
Oh put them in a jar
And then whistle round the world
Oh whistle round the world
I'm a little wolf inside a girl, you say
And off I'll go from June to May
Oh whistling round the world
quoting this part only from LKK's post, didn't really get what the first is about. My take on the "Peanut Butterflies" is that she's dancing with peanut coloured butterflies

comparisson with foods and nature maybe?
Old 2008-10-21, 02:33   Link #82
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
`Well, there's the Horse-fly,' Alice began, counting off the names on her fingers.

`All right,' said the Gnat: `half way up that bush, you'll see a Rocking-horse-fly, if you look. It's made entirely of wood, and gets about by swinging itself from branch to branch.'

`What does it live on?' Alice asked, with great curiosity.

`Sap and sawdust,' said the Gnat. `Go on with the list.'

Alice looked up at the Rocking-horse-fly with great interest, and made up her mind that it must have been just repainted, it looked so bright and sticky; and then she went on.

`And there's the Dragon-fly.'

`Look on the branch above your head,' said the Gnat, `and there you'll find a Snap-Dragon-fly. Its body is made of plum-pudding, its wings of holly-leaves, and its head is a raisin burning in brandy.'

`And what does it live on?'

`Frumenty and mince pie,' the Gnat replied; `and it makes its nest in a Christmas box.'

`And then there's the Butterfly,' Alice went on, after she had taken a good look at the insect with its head on fire, and had thought to herself, `I wonder if that's the reason insects are so fond of flying into candles -- because they want to turn into Snap-Dragon-flies!'

`Crawling at your feet,' said the Gnat (Alice drew her feet back in some alarm), `you may observe a Bread-and-Butterfly. Its wings are thin slices of Bread-and-butter, its body is a crust, and its head is a lump of sugar.'
Quoted from Through the Looking Glass. Someone mentioned Alice, which reminded me of this part.

Last edited by judgment26; 2008-10-21 at 06:21.
Old 2008-11-14, 14:49   Link #83
digi.amuro

I've been aware of this series for awhile but I only recently got to sit down and watch it and omg! I love this show. I couldnt even marathon this, cuz I didnt want it to end (just finished ep 13 half a hour ago). So, finding out there's a new season certainly is very welcome news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Hope the new OP and ED are as classic as Tabi no Tochuu and Ringo Biyori are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah the OP was one of the things I looked forward to hearing each week for a while there when the show was being broadcast.
This. Usually, I skip OPs after the first time, unless its quality and Tabi no Tochuu is definitely QUALITY. I cant help but watch it and (try) to sing along everytime. It'd be awesome if the new OPs/EDs were near that quality.

I dont know much about the novels, but I'm sure I'll give them a read soon.

Will miss Kazuya Kuroda's character designs, but so far his replacement seems to be heading in the right direction. I dont know much about Brain Base, just that they do in-between animation for Soul Eater, so I'll have to wait and see. What's the major opinion of Brain Base around here? No one seems to be objecting, so they cant be too bad.
Old 2008-11-26, 22:14   Link #84
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

I'm not sure about brain's base and i haven't seen much of eureka 7 and one piece which have parts done by Imagin but i did notice some things wrong with the animation in Ookami to Koushinryou although it was very good most of the time.
One example is in the last ep where Horo is holding onto Lawrence's jacket with her right hand but then shortly after we see her holding her mug(barrel?) or beer with her right hand and then it goes to a view of them walking and she's still holding onto the jacket with her right hand. Not a big deal but maybe Brains base will fix small things like this.

I really really hope they don't make a bad second opening or choose a bad song because it seems quite often that second openings are worse than the first one, and i love the 'tabi no tochuu' opening

As for the ending theme I didn't really like it at first but later it grew on me and i like how they used the drawings similar to ones from the light novel.
Old 2008-12-03, 11:43   Link #85
Kaguya
an idler

400 persons are invited to Hororon festival II by a lottery out of the buyer of Blu-ray Video.
The precedence show of the second season's episode 1 is held there.
An application method is released in February.
Detailed information is released by Dengekibunko Magazine Vol.5 on December 10.

Source: Dengekibunko mail magazine

That is, a second season will be started in April, 2009.
Old 2008-12-04, 00:38   Link #86
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Huzzah, April!
Old 2008-12-04, 03:22   Link #87
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

APRIL APRIL APRIL.
...Done, now my Calender now has several arrows pointing to April

5 months to wait
assume 1 week per episode
so around 3 months of happiness
Old 2008-12-04, 03:24   Link #88
RampagingEvangelion
Asuka, Asuna, and Horo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorFang View Post
i love the 'tabi no tochuu' opening
And I love playing Tabi no Tochuu on the Piano... Nothing is more relaxing than sitting in front of the piano for hours on end coming up with different versions of the same song... ah...

I do hope the second one will sound good on a piano though! I still don't know how they're going to top it though.
Old 2008-12-04, 07:06   Link #89
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

I'm just starting on the violin but sometime in the future when I'm good enough I'll try to play this on the violin and see how i can apply the beautiful voice of the violin to the song.

Yea I hope they don't drop the standard of the opening, but we'll have to wait until April or maybe March to find out what opening song they've chosen for the opening.
Old 2008-12-04, 13:44   Link #90
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampagingEvangelion View Post
And I love playing Tabi no Tochuu on the Piano... Nothing is more relaxing than sitting in front of the piano for hours on end coming up with different versions of the same song... ah...

I do hope the second one will sound good on a piano though! I still don't know how they're going to top it though.
Do you have the sheet music? I've been meaning to learn it (I already know the words by heart ) but I haven't gotten around to it. Well, that or something from Fate/Stay Night, which had a great soundtrack.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:40   Link #91
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

go to Josh's anime music website, its got heaps of songs transcribed
http://josh.agarrado.net/music/anime/
Old 2008-12-04, 17:12   Link #92
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

So April it is. I'll wait with great anticipation.
Old 2008-12-07, 14:18   Link #93
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

April? Sniff... So long... Sniff...

Well, FMA2 + Spice and Wolf 2 in April, good month

@ END song of first season, the best song in any anime I have seen so far! The voice singing it, just so adorable! Wish that if they will release W&S in US, the same VA do the english cast

Do hope that second season will contain as cute song as the first one
Old 2008-12-07, 18:55   Link #94
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

I hope Ookamic radio comes back too so i can listen live really enjoyed the first one and i just love the partnership of Amisuke and FukuJun
Old 2008-12-08, 23:21   Link #95
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
400 persons are invited to Hororon festival II by a lottery out of the buyer of Blu-ray Video.
The precedence show of the second season's episode 1 is held there.
An application method is released in February.
Detailed information is released by Dengekibunko Magazine Vol.5 on December 10.

Source: Dengekibunko mail magazine

That is, a second season will be started in April, 2009.
I'm going to have to fly to Japan. :l
Old 2008-12-10, 05:32   Link #96
Kaguya
an idler

The flash video of the official site was updated.

Is this a new character design?

If it is so, I can hardly distinguish it.

Sideburns may be a little fluffy.

http://www.spicy-wolf.com

Old 2008-12-10, 06:50   Link #97
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Maybe its just because of the flash but both their faces are a bit wider than before and Horo's nose isn't really done well and i'm sure there are tiny tiny alterations but i don't think it matters all too much.
They typed out 'Holo' nooooooooooo...
Old 2008-12-10, 09:31   Link #98
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Looks like Lawrence grew a bigger beard... Or a bit WIDER

Spoiler for After thoughts:
Old 2008-12-10, 10:10   Link #99
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

Spoiler for 3rd volume:
Old 2008-12-10, 10:25   Link #100
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

Technically, if they dont do that part here and then, when else do you think it will fit to make that mini story animated? An OVA or something like that, naturally.
Closed Thread