AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-01, 16:08   Link #81
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I have a feeling Akane will be no more.

Alas, Aoba, you still can't have him - even if he throws 160km/h.

Why do I get the feeling that we will see a H2-level tragedy?
H2 was not a tragedy, it was just a LOUSY choice from the author.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-05-01 at 19:50.
Old 2009-05-01, 16:27   Link #82
itisjustme

This is just my opinion, but just because your favorite couple didn't end up together doesn't make it lousy or a tragedy. :/ Also, probably not intentional but now you can't take for granted the main couple ending together in an Adachi work, adds to the tension.

Personally I think Cross Game is among the most melodramatic stuff Adachi's done shounen-wise, along with Touch, which makes me like titles like Katsu or H2 better. That being said, I feel the flow of the story is more favorable towards an Aoba and Koh ending than anything else.

Last edited by itisjustme; 2009-05-01 at 16:44.
Old 2009-05-01, 19:53   Link #83
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
This is just my opinion, but just because your favorite couple didn't end up together doesn't make it lousy or a tragedy. :/ Also, probably not intentional but now you can't take for granted the main couple ending together in an Adachi work, adds to the tension.

Personally I think Cross Game is among the most melodramatic stuff Adachi's done shounen-wise, along with Touch, which makes me like titles like Katsu or H2 better. That being said, I feel the flow of the story is more favorable towards an Aoba and Koh ending than anything else.
The sad thing is that with H2, even if we didn't like the way it ended , it was consistant with Hikari's personality. We Hiroxhikari shippers were just hoping for her to have a change of heart and go with Hiro. she still went for the guy that needed her the most.
Old 2009-05-01, 21:26   Link #84
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Ch138 TL'd at the usual place.

I'm anticipating a big-time emotional scene next chapter. Since Adachi has crossed me up a few times this series, it may get really underplayed. But it will be absorbing.

I think Akane will be OK, if only to keep Kou from ending up with Aoba by default. Aoba deserves better than ending up with Kou because there's no one else for him. I'm not anti-KouXAoba, I just want them to be each other's best choice, not their only choices.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:01   Link #85
Bambi

IMHO Cross Game is much more slice-of-life than sports (or anything else) manga and any unnecessary drama or story stunts will destroy that pace.

Quote:
I have a feeling Akane will be no more.
You mean Akane dying? Don't think so, it'll hurt story flow seriously. CG backstory is about two young baseball players trying to fill last dream of their childhood friend and Akane's death will destroy it. Off course her life is author's hands, but kill "same" character twice? I still think she will be best fit for hardworker Akaishi

Quote:
Alas, Aoba, you still can't have him - even if he throws 160km/h.
Meaning of this sentence IMHO depends on translation, in anime ANBU and CA used "Don't steal/take him from me", so "you still can't have him" from manga could mean "He is mine, you can't have him".
Old 2009-05-01, 22:10   Link #86
Tri-ring

Here is a long shot conclusion;

Akashi hooks up with Akane and Aoba ends up with Azuma because Ko not being able to forget Wakaba turns the two down and the two understanding Ko's feelings steps back.
Old 2009-05-02, 01:21   Link #87
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post

Akashi hooks up with Akane and Aoba ends up with Azuma because Ko not being able to forget Wakaba turns the two down and the two understanding Ko's feelings steps back.
Adashi will outdone himself with such ending lol. I really hope you are wrong.
Old 2009-05-02, 01:29   Link #88
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Adashi will outdone himself with such ending lol. I really hope you are wrong.
I think it will be a very bitter-sweet ending which will reminiscence Ko's true and only love towards Wakaba.
Old 2009-05-02, 10:10   Link #89
poko-kun

finish 148
Spoiler for 148:
Old 2009-05-02, 10:49   Link #90
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
I think it will be a very bitter-sweet ending which will reminiscence Ko's true and only love towards Wakaba.
Hmmm. Adachi's characters tend to remember the past, but not live in it. The characters in Cross Game are able to keep on without letting sad memories paralyze them in the present. I can't see the practical Kou abandoning his chance for love in favor of memories. And Waka would not let him get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
finish 148
Spoiler for 148:
You may be right, but it's not easy to tell that kind of truth when one hasn't figured it out yet.
Old 2009-05-03, 08:09   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Aoba deserves better than ending up with Kou because there's no one else for him. I'm not anti-KouXAoba, I just want them to be each other's best choice, not their only choices.
Yep i agree with that.

Quote:

Wakaba would teleport down from heaven and slap some sense into Ko before that happens.
Old 2009-05-03, 13:20   Link #92
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring

Wakaba would teleport down from heaven and slap some sense into Ko before that happens.
She'd likely try to knock some sense into Aoba, too
Old 2009-05-03, 18:49   Link #93
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
You may be right, but it's not easy to tell that kind of truth when one hasn't figured it out yet.
i can't wait to read this chapter myself.
Old 2009-05-03, 22:08   Link #94
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Is it just me or does it seem like crossgame will be ending pretty soon? Maybe another volume or 2 at most. Here's what I think will happen in the end.

[spoilers]
Akashi ends up with akane. The promise to go on a date after the finals refers to a date between Akane and Akashi. Koh brings Aoba to wakanas grave. Somehow or another, in an adachistic fashion, it's revealed they like each other. [/spoilers]

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-05-04, 09:00   Link #95
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like crossgame will be ending pretty soon? Maybe another volume or 2 at most. Here's what I think will happen in the end.

[spoilers]
Akashi ends up with akane. The promise to go on a date after the finals refers to a date between Akane and Akashi. Koh brings Aoba to wakanas grave. Somehow or another, in an adachistic fashion, it's revealed they like each other. [/spoilers]
Remember what Aoba's dad once told Kou to introduce his gf (if any) to Waka('s grave).
Just my wish since I'm KouxAo fan
Old 2009-05-06, 01:09   Link #96
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Now, wouldn't that be nice, if it were to happen already?

Old 2009-05-06, 06:46   Link #97
Bambi

Yeah, i remembered that scene too, but we are still talking here about tsundere Aoba, so it can't be that easy
Old 2009-05-08, 01:45   Link #98
poko-kun

If my wish became true that would be wonderful, but since I'm Adachi's fan, I know he won't let that happen so easy.

Spoiler for My guess,:

That's soooooo Adachi
T-T
I guess H2 ending still has left bitter taste in my mouth.
Old 2009-05-08, 04:36   Link #99
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Please don't spoil it for me, as I haven't read it yet.

And I truly hope your actual spoiler doesn't come true.
Spoiler for Reply to your guess:

Old 2009-05-08, 04:58   Link #100
lovelovelacus

I think the best work of Mitsuru Adachi is H2, the second best is touch. After watching the first volume of Cross Game animation, I download its comics and read upto the lastest and found the story looks some of his previous works, but it is still a good one.
Closed Thread

Tags
mitsuru adachi, shounen