AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-13, 08:55   Link #81
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Look Kanau is a little girl, little girls come in varieties but she's one looking for someone to fulfill her fantasy of a father, Kouta doesn't, and Kouta isn't ready to raise child LIKE ANY MALE that has a kid sprung on him. To think that Kouta is childish simply because he's an Otaku is just asinine, it's logical that anybody required to take responsibility of another human life will experience serious shock. A goal oriented adult who chooses a hobby that involves albeit younger drawn characters doesn't mean some one is not mature. And maturity is not the same as experience. Maturity means that you grasp the concepts being tossed around but experience is what makes us individuals and compared to Kouta, Tae lacks 10 years worth of experience dealing with a variety types of people with the world.
I really don't think Kouta is all that immature, he's just adjusting to his new role from bachelor to father which naturally means a shift of priorities, if you asked any man to basically make a diversion from his chosen lifestyle to one requiring responsibility over another, is quite hard, and often times leads to abuse of power or lack of care. To blame all of Kouta's mistakes on immaturity or otaku lifestyle is just farfetched.
And now it's like you're not reading the posts. I didn't call call Kouta childish because he's an otaku. In fact, I didn't even call him childish. I said Tae is more mature than he is, which she is.

No one is blaming Kouta's mistakes on anything. In fact, no one's even explicitly faulting Kouta for the mistakes he's made, but if we were, there would definitely be some that would fall under immaturity.

Anyway, one of the main points of this current arc is to shed light on Tae's past and her experiences so we can see why she's so mature, and to see if Kouta would be able to help her get over her past.

Also, Kanau's being selfish wanting her mom and dad to get together, but, it's not like there's really any reason to think they wouldn't. It's not like they split because they didn't like each other, can't stand to be around each other, etc.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:03   Link #82
Fran~
floating away...

Indeed... Kouta never knew that he left pregnant a girl.... Nicchi never told him... and Kanau's mom and Nicchi are omiting the whole truth to Kouta... they're almost playing with his feelings.

Now... Kouta lived in a world without any worries besides doing his work with sensei and spending his time and money as an otaku, the only responsability that he had was pay his bills and complete the work with Sensei.

So, one day, a little girl, comes and say: "hi, i'm your daughter"...

You can't go from 0 to 100Km/h in an instant, this thing needs time and experience, both Kouta and Kanau needs to adjust their life. Kouta starts to spend the money in things that parents does: his daughter and not in him.

Same thing goes for Tae... in one instant she was left without any familiar figure, she was pretty much alone, only with people of the House.

Those experiences are the ones who make people to grow up.

Tae in that instant wasn't a child anymore... For Kouta that moment arrives when Kanau knocked his door.
Old 2010-01-17, 11:39   Link #83
Tiberium Wolf

Ch 41: Oh... The land lady as a delinquent. I was caught off guard. I really didn't see that coming.
Old 2010-01-18, 06:14   Link #84
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
And now it's like you're not reading the posts. I didn't call call Kouta childish because he's an otaku. In fact, I didn't even call him childish. I said Tae is more mature than he is, which she is.

No one is blaming Kouta's mistakes on anything. In fact, no one's even explicitly faulting Kouta for the mistakes he's made, but if we were, there would definitely be some that would fall under immaturity.

Anyway, one of the main points of this current arc is to shed light on Tae's past and her experiences so we can see why she's so mature, and to see if Kouta would be able to help her get over her past.

Also, Kanau's being selfish wanting her mom and dad to get together, but, it's not like there's really any reason to think they wouldn't. It's not like they split because they didn't like each other, can't stand to be around each other, etc.
No it isnt just about getting her parents together, it is jealousy. She has developed a ccomplex for her father most likely, which is very plausible in her situation. It would seem that Tae felt the same about sensei, and it drove her nuts. Atleast that is what I am led to believe.

it is very hard to adjust to something like your father liking another woman. Even at my age, it would bother me a little, nevermind what an adolecent girl hass to feel. That and the fact that she is so much younger that her father...........geez. And normally, you cant just say something to make it alright, even if one completely understands, theyd still feel that way.

The mess of emotions makes me completely unsure of where the story will go, I mean, theyve even been hinting at Kouta letting his mind slip and thinking about Kanau in an unfatherly way, whos to say they dont time skip a few years and focus on that. But alas, whereever they do take this story, I hope they remember that Kanau and Kouta are still the emphasis. Their relationship is what makes this manga attractive to me.
Old 2010-01-18, 23:37   Link #85
Nosauz

I'm pretty sure Kanau does not have a complex, she wants to be happy and to have the established relationship for the typical family like all children do, unlike tae, kanau's mother did love her and held her closely, it was due to money problems that she had to run, that's why kanau is so defensive about her father, she wants her mother and father to get back together in away that will give her the family she wants, her jealousy is the projection of what she expects her mother to feel when women get attached to kouta, and tae is the prime interest who is throwing a wrench in her dream. Kouta is somewhat important to kanau, but not as deeply as her mother, which is why kanau is soooo possessive with kouta, she wants to make sure that her mother can return to her, and they can all live together.
Old 2010-01-18, 23:51   Link #86
ZODDGUTS

Still don't understand why Kanau's mom was so desperate to get away from Kouta and not let him know that she had he's child in that flashback... doesn't feel like they'll really get together when she gets back. Who knows maybe she's one of those type of woman that doesn't really like to settle down with a man instead prefer to be single? Either way once she gets back well here the reason why she did that.
Old 2010-01-19, 00:01   Link #87
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Still don't understand why Kanau's mom was so desperate to get away from Kouta and not let him know that she had he's child in that flashback... doesn't feel like they'll really get together when she gets back. Who knows maybe she's one of those type of woman that doesn't really like to settle down with a man instead prefer to be single? Either way once she gets back well here the reason why she did that.
If it's anything other than life threatening I doubt they'll ever have a shot, but if it's somehow validated, in a fashion that's beleivable i might be able to accept some sort of union, but if it was just because she felt she raped kouta then eh. At the moment the mystery behind the secrecy between nicchi, noizumi and kouta is what i really want to know about.
Old 2010-01-19, 00:16   Link #88
alu546
y prime

Well, I just said that because it is a pretty common thiing when a small girl has nothing but her father to rely on for an extended period of time. Whats not common is for it to stay past adolecence.

But I am sure she feels the way you said too, and having Nozomi with her father would make the transition easier, but there would still be a transition even then, no matter how small.

But it is a pickle for Kouta, does he stay single and make Kanau choose? Or go with Tae and force a choice as well? Or does he go with someone hes trying to forget to try and make Kanau happy? Its a really tough choice that I wouldnt attempt to ponder until Nozomi came back.

Whats a likely scenario is for Kouta to remain single and continue to live with Kanau, thus allowing me to read more manga and lol at the events in it. I have a high opinion of Nozomi, but I cant shake the feeling of something happening to her, and having that be reminicent of the events with Tae and Jatorou(I refuse to spellcheck)
Quote:
PROBABLY, she feels like she forced herself on Kouta, or even raped him. Girls can do that to guys. Anywho, thats probably why shed want to avoid burdening him i guess. She probably feels horrible about all of this.
Old 2010-01-19, 00:18   Link #89
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
If it's anything other than life threatening I doubt they'll ever have a shot, but if it's somehow validated, in a fashion that's beleivable i might be able to accept some sort of union, but if it was just because she felt she raped kouta then eh. At the moment the mystery behind the secrecy between nicchi, noizumi and kouta is what i really want to know about.
During that flashback I thought she was banging Nicchi but after Kouta and he's sister showed up during the flashback and we saw that she already had the baby seems to me she was in hiding in the building during her pregnancy. As to why Nicchi went as far to not tell Kouta about her being pregnant and where she was don't know. Don't think anything happen between her and Nicchi unless the manga-ka is throwing us off with Nicchi being a loli pervert when actually had something going with Kanau's mom.
Old 2010-01-19, 00:18   Link #90
Nosauz

well kanau does have her mother, and their sepeartion was born out of necessity rather than choice so that feeling of being alone is not really there, you can see since she is extremely mature when it comes to being with her father initially, you can tell that she sees her father as only a temporary place holder for when her mother returns for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
During that flashback I thought she was banging Nicchi but after Kouta and he's sister showed up during the flashback and we saw that she already had the baby seems to me she was in hiding in the building during her pregnancy. As to why Nicchi went as far to not tell Kouta about her being pregnant and where she was don't know. Don't think anything happen between her and Nicchi unless the manga-ka is throwing us off with Nicchi being a loli pervert when actually had something going with Kanau's mom.
nicchi wasn't banging her... he was hiding her, most likely something happened at her home that caused her to leave, and nicchi at the time became aquainted with kouta and knowing noizumi must have known the situation hence the cover up also it's implied with the phone calls that nicchi knows more than is currently revealed, hence my uneasiness about the revelation awaitng to smack kouta in the face when nicchi is discovered. It will definitely hurt their friendship especially now after his neices birth, there is no way when this information slips out that nicchi/kouta relationship will be unscathed.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:52   Link #91
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Saw the new chapter:
Spoiler for 42:
Old 2010-01-26, 22:04   Link #92
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

That was bad. Oh that was bad. So bad. When the two two-page spreads came, I just froze in horror. Worst revelation ever. I didn't laugh. I didn't cry. I didn't smile. I didn't rage. It was just empty. I didn't need to see that in my awesome otaku manga. I did not. And I felt so bad for Kouta. I probably would have stopped reading this manga until it finished if not for the last panel. That was funny. xD
Old 2010-01-26, 22:39   Link #93
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
That was bad. Oh that was bad. So bad. When the two two-page spreads came, I just froze in horror. Worst revelation ever. I didn't laugh. I didn't cry. I didn't smile. I didn't rage. It was just empty. I didn't need to see that in my awesome otaku manga. I did not. And I felt so bad for Kouta. I probably would have stopped reading this manga until it finished if not for the last panel. That was funny. xD

Yeah pretty much the same.

Spoiler for chap 42:
Old 2010-01-26, 22:45   Link #94
Tiberium Wolf

I don't get it. Why did Sensei start that talk in the 1st place? I mean sure the Father child relation in common here but the issue is that marriage thing doesn't fit in here. Seems like to me this is messed up. Comparing father child relation and end up with marriage talk.
Old 2010-01-26, 22:50   Link #95
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I don't get it. Why did Sensei start that talk in the 1st place? I mean sure the Father child relation in common here but the issue is that marriage thing doesn't fit in here. Seems like to me this is messed up. Comparing father child relation and end up with marriage talk.
I was about to write something to answer your question, but then I realized it makes no sense. I don't get it either, unless the series is canceled or something. I don't get it...o_o It just seems like a bad/weird choice by the author.
Old 2010-01-26, 23:07   Link #96
Luminisk

Spoiler for Worst twist ever!:

Old 2010-01-26, 23:10   Link #97
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I really don't have much to say but... OH MY GOD!!!!?!?!! WTF?!?!?!!!!!

I guess that's one way to remove Tae out of the love situation...
Old 2010-01-26, 23:12   Link #98
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Man not sure what to make of that really.
Kinda feels like the story up till now involving Tae has been somewhat meaningless.
Ah well guess I'll just have to wait and see what is to come now, think I'll put that behind me now-__-
Old 2010-01-26, 23:24   Link #99
alu546
y prime

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-26, 23:51   Link #100
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Sousuke is a pretty cool guy back when he looked young and cool looking, but now he just looks like a middle aged pedo lol
Closed Thread