AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-15, 09:10   Link #81
tkdtiger

Well I would think Gai would train his speed to be faster than Kakashi to a point where Kakashi's sharingan would have trouble keeping up. I don't think Gai is as dumb as people think. It seems like that
Spoiler:
The think is we now know 2 things
Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 09:29   Link #82
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well I would think Gai would train his speed to be faster than Kakashi to a point where Kakashi's sharingan would have trouble keeping up. I don't think Gai is as dumb as people think. It seems like that
Spoiler:
The think is we now know 2 things
Spoiler:
Personally, I'd favor Gai over Kakashi...
Spoiler for because...:
Old 2007-05-15, 11:33   Link #83
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash221 View Post
Are you forgetting that Kakashi is called the copy ninja for knowing over a thousand jutsus? We have barely seen any of those one thousand jutsus. For all we know he could have copied the most powerful jutsu but that would be speculating just like you saying we haven't seen all of Gai's tricks. Until we see more from Gai and Kakashi there's no point in assuming what they can do that we haven't seen.

We can't assume he can go higher than 6 gates but we also can't assume he can't go above 6 gates. Assuming things doesn't make them right. Unless we are told Gai can go higher than 6 gates or he can't we don't know so stop speculating.
Yes he has over a thousand jutsus but if all/many of them were powerful then why is Kakashi at the current level hes at, you can speculate and say "he could have copied the most powerful jutsu" but if he had his status doesnt reflect it. Were not going to see even another 30 jutsus from Kakashi let alone 1000+ so weve seen most of his tricks that were ever gonna see. I didnt say assuming things makes them right but would there be any fun if no one came up with ideas or theories. If we just limited ourselves to the solid facts then there wouldnt be much to debate. Yes speculation can go a bit too far sometimes but it isnt a long shot to say Gai can open eight gates if he wished.

Sarutobi vs Oro wasnt a one on one at all. Edo Tensei is a technique but at the end of the day it brought back two people from the dead, two hokages (one having a blood line trait) and a sannin vs Sarutobi and Enma...this is a 3 on 2 and Oros side clearly has the upperhand so it definitly wasnt a fair fight let alone a one on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Only regardless to you, trading your life to take out your enemy isn't a win.
You beat the enemy and then you die shortly after. A win in naruto is when you beat your opponent till they can no longer continue to fight, what happens after doesnt alter the fact that you won if you had accomplished that.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 11:59   Link #84
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
It was implied several times that Sarutobi was holding back during the fight and was severely handicapped having to fight against two Hokages, both of which featured no lack of skill, power or full range of their abilities.

Quite easily, Sarutobi>>>Orochimaru. What happened was Sarutobi<Oro+Two Hokages. It took that much to barely beat Sarutobi and he damn near took Oro with him anyway. The fight was hardly ever a 1v1 matchup, it was stacked against Sarutobi the moment the edo tensei came into play.

As for jounins, Kakashi is probably the strongest due to his overall prowess+sharingan.
It was more like Orochimaru + Two fake doppelgangers vs. Sarutobi + Enma (who isn't fake). He knew he couldn't win so what did he do? He went Kage-Bunshin and used the Fuin Jutsu. He wouldn't outlast his younger student and take out 2 corpses too while being trapped inside a barrier. Handicapped? No. The odds slightly against him? Perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
You beat the enemy and then you die shortly after. A win in naruto is when you beat your opponent till they can no longer continue to fight, what happens after doesnt alter the fact that you won if you had accomplished that.
A win by your definition? Lets be objective, DEFEATING an opponant at the cost of your life isn't victory. It just means you accomplished your mission.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-05-17 at 12:50. Reason: Do not double post
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 14:14   Link #85
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
A win by your definition? Lets be objective, DEFEATING an opponant at the cost of your life isn't victory. It just means you accomplished your mission.
win - to gain victory or triumph in battle.
victory - a success attained in contest or struggle over an opponent.

If you die shortly after youve gained ^victory then it doesnt change the fact that you won regardless.

Im not really here to discuss this by the way and im sure its the same for you if you have your own opinion on your definitions thats fine.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 14:22   Link #86
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Semantics. Ambiguity in words like that leads to the bias people choose to hold on to. But if you want to believe a suicide attack = a win then that's your thing.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:07   Link #87
Nice Gai

I am pretty sure that Gai,Kakashi and Yamato are the strongest jounins in konoha,if we keep out the sannins that is.(gai is probably the strongest ,because of his turtle and tsunade;kakashi's MS is, i think ,probably the most awesome jutsu post time skip) )

As for neji, i think i think sai is much stronger than neji.Seriously,neji is one of the very overrated characters in the series.i haven't seen neji do anything that's even capable enough of beating even chouji at full strength(i think shikamaru said that chouji is stronger than neji).

Just because neji belongs to the second or third most outstanding clan in konoha ,(since in episode 16-kakashi says that uchihas are the most outstanding) means nothing.it all depends on the ninja.Bloodlines are merely a tool that makes it easier for you to be stronger ,but in the end it all depends on the ninja's own calibur.

hiyashi is probably much stronger though.
Nice Gai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:18   Link #88
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Gai View Post
I am pretty sure that Gai,Kakashi and Yamato are the strongest jounins in konoha,if we keep out the sannins that is.(gai is probably the strongest ,because of his turtle and tsunade;kakashi's MS is, i think ,probably the most awesome jutsu post time skip) )

As for neji, i think i think sai is much stronger than neji.Seriously,neji is one of the very overrated characters in the series.i haven't seen neji do anything that's even capable enough of beating even chouji at full strength(i think shikamaru said that chouji is stronger than neji).

Just because neji belongs to the second or third most outstanding clan in konoha ,(since in episode 16-kakashi says that uchihas are the most outstanding) means nothing.it all depends on the ninja.Bloodlines are merely a tool that makes it easier for you to be stronger ,but in the end it all depends on the ninja's own calibur.

hiyashi is probably much stronger though.
Any reference to Chouji's strength is just a measure of his physical strength. So yes, he is stronger than Neji in brute force, just like Kiba would be stronger than Naruto with his cyclone spinning.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:30   Link #89
Nice Gai

Quote:
Any reference to Chouji's strength is just a measure of his physical strength. So yes, he is stronger than Neji in brute force, just like Kiba would be stronger than Naruto with his cyclone spinning.
umm... i don't think shikamaru said purely interms of brute strength.he meant that as a shinobi he was stronger.

But then again,don't know how things are post time skip.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:34   Link #90
Rahan

He meant the one with the most destructive attack. He wasn't aware of Naruto's rasengan (which would not have worked anyways) and if Neji's moves are highly efficient because they target the shinobi's pressure points, they are totally useless against a friggin wall ! (thus the lower destructive rate than Chouji's attacks)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 16:43   Link #91
Nice Gai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
He meant the one with the most destructive attack. He wasn't aware of Naruto's rasengan (which would not have worked anyways) and if Neji's moves are highly efficient because they target the shinobi's pressure points, they are totally useless against a friggin wall ! (thus the lower destructive rate than Chouji's attacks)
But neji's hands won't reach chouji's pressure point(pre-time skip)
I am pretty sure,he meant as a shinobi.
Old 2007-05-15, 16:51   Link #92
Rahan

Actually, I don't remember Shikamaru comparing directly Neji and Chouji. I thought you were talking about Shikamaru judgement about Chouji ("the one with the most power", he avoided the word strongest AFAIR) when he thought of a plan to destroy Jirobo's prison
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 18:04   Link #93
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

He did not mean as a shinobi.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-15, 19:38   Link #94
tkdtiger

I agree Chouji is not near Neji's level.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-15, 22:32   Link #95
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
This should be a poll

Even though I have my top few I think all our choices are some what skewed because we don't see a lot of the Jounin fight besides Kakashi and Gai(we've seen some of the others but very little). Hell I wonder how much Techniques Shika's father know, How much Hinata's dad(forgot his name ) know, he knew that move Neji used during the Chunin exams and I believe Neji thought he created a new move.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 06:50   Link #96
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
How much Hinata's dad(forgot his name ) know, he knew that move Neji used during the Chunin exams and I believe Neji thought he created a new move.
You know...I did completely forget about Hiashi...he should, at the least, get an honorable mention.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 07:45   Link #97
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
You know...I did completely forget about Hiashi...he should, at the least, get an honorable mention.
Yeah... during the Chuunin exams, he took out a whole group of sound and/or sand shinobi all by himself (using the rotation technique). He is very strong, but I think Neji is stronger than he is, or at least has the potential to be so. I don't know about much post time skip, so I'm at a loss to describe some shinobi's abilities.
Old 2007-05-16, 16:52   Link #98
Nice Gai

Quote:
Pre-timeskip, Neji killed a CS lvl 2 sound nin with one jyuuken attack to the vital organs with a simple injection of his chakra. You wanna talk about destructive power?
only because he carelessly kept the chakra string in his mouth for too long.
But equally,if not more impressively,chouji killed a CS lvl 2 ninja with one punch.how about that?Just one simple punch.

Seriously neji's hands won't even reach most of chouji's tenkus.i don't remember neji having any special power that's cabable of beating chouji pre time ship.
Chouji's father scared a mini-army of sound ninjas purely with his size.

the thing is,neji is a pretty high class ninja no doubt,but he is not all that superior to guys like shikamaru,chouji,shino,sakura etc.They are all highly able ninjas.It's the fans that have made neji so much bigger.In reality, the difference is very little..

And you asked me why is chouji not jounin?
isn't it obvious?the same reason shikamaru is not a jounin yet but temari is.
chouji,shikamaru are rather irresponsible.Aren't jounins supposed to be the more responsible guys?

In anycase,i was talking about pretime skip.

In the same manner,while hiyashi is worth a mention,so is chouji's father ,shikamaru's father,kiba's father etc.

And in my opinion,sai is stronger than neji.He is most likely one of the strongest jounins in konoha.But we have yet to verify it.
Old 2007-05-16, 17:23   Link #99
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Gai View Post
only because he carelessly kept the chakra string in his mouth for too long.
But equally,if not more impressively,chouji killed a CS lvl 2 ninja with one punch.how about that?Just one simple punch.

Seriously neji's hands won't even reach most of chouji's tenkus.i don't remember neji having any special power that's cabable of beating chouji pre time ship.
Chouji's father scared a mini-army of sound ninjas purely with his size.

the thing is,neji is a pretty high class ninja no doubt,but he is not all that superior to guys like shikamaru,chouji,shino,sakura etc.They are all highly able ninjas.It's the fans that have made neji so much bigger.In reality, the difference is very little..

And you asked me why is chouji not jounin?
isn't it obvious?the same reason shikamaru is not a jounin yet but temari is.
chouji,shikamaru are rather irresponsible.Aren't jounins supposed to be the more responsible guys?

In anycase,i was talking about pretime skip.

In the same manner,while hiyashi is worth a mention,so is chouji's father ,shikamaru's father,kiba's father etc.

And in my opinion,sai is stronger than neji.He is most likely one of the strongest jounins in konoha.But we have yet to verify it.
The thing is the Hyuuga's taijutsu art attacks internally not externally...This means Neji should not have any problems attacking Chouji's tenketsu points. I'm a fan of Shikamaru, but I definatly do not see Shikamaru defeating Neji one on one. I think he could do it with a group, but definately not one on one. Pre-time skip they compared Neji's ultimate defense as being as strong or possibly stronger than Gaara's ultimate defense. Not only that he didn't defeat the guy with a single punch. As I recall he attempted many attacks that failed and had to use all three of his pills in order to win. I'm not saying that Chouji's weak, but Neji is definately higher than him. I mean even Lee said he couldn't defeat Neji and this is him with the knowledge that he can remove his leg weights and open gates....I still don't think Sai is stronger. It just seems that Kishimoto IMO chose the characters he wanted to be strongest...Sasuke, Naruto, and Neji...
Old 2007-05-16, 17:50   Link #100
Nice Gai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
The thing is the Hyuuga's taijutsu art attacks internally not externally...This means Neji should not have any problems attacking Chouji's tenketsu points. I'm a fan of Shikamaru, but I definatly do not see Shikamaru defeating Neji one on one. I think he could do it with a group, but definately not one on one. Pre-time skip they compared Neji's ultimate defense as being as strong or possibly stronger than Gaara's ultimate defense. Not only that he didn't defeat the guy with a single punch. As I recall he attempted many attacks that failed and had to use all three of his pills in order to win. I'm not saying that Chouji's weak, but Neji is definately higher than him. I mean even Lee said he couldn't defeat Neji and this is him with the knowledge that he can remove his leg weights and open gates....I still don't think Sai is stronger. It just seems that Kishimoto IMO chose the characters he wanted to be strongest...Sasuke, Naruto, and Neji...
sauke-understandable
naruto-understandable
but how and why neji?
he has never shown abilities that are even CLOSE to post time skip sasuke or naruto.He is MILES behind these two.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-05-17 at 12:38. Reason: Do not forget to use spoiler tags!