AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 117 66.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-09, 16:24   Link #81
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I agree, although it could be the fact that I watched 3 episodes in succession.
That could be it. Watching it in 1 sitting could give you a concentrated dose and amplify your emotions. If you're attached to Makoto, it's prob a more emotional experience.

If you're not attached to Makoto or any of the characters yet, you could possibly be in the same boat as DanielSong39 imo. Wondering what the heck all the emoting is about?

Not enough omph for me, but there was some Yuichi and Mishio development as a consolation prize.

Personally, I want to see Yuichi fall from a massive height into hell. So, if Yuichi shows me some despair, depression and breaks down and actually cries for another character, then I'll give that episode a 10.
Old 2006-12-09, 18:36   Link #82
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

I know I haven't posted in this forum yet, but after this episode I had to *teary eyed* I really like how this series is being done, I watched the first series and now this one.. I have to say I like there being so much more to this one than the last one... Though I thought I'd be past the crying bit since I've seen what happens in this episode before. But I think it hit me harder the second time around. I always wondered if there was ever a chance for Makoto and Yuichi, I have an obsession for foxes and myths. So Makoto and Yuichi together were an automatic favorite to me. Maybe that's why I am so sad right now... I'm a little afraid to continue because there was another part to the series that got to me even worse than this and I don't doubt now that it's coming too eventually... But I really liked how they did this part of the series compaired to last time, as sad as it was. I thought the manga scene was so cute, this series has yet to fail at tugging at my heart strings that's for sure.
Old 2006-12-09, 18:41   Link #83
Meophist

Yuuichi did cry. There just wasn't a long drawn out sequence about it.

Regardless, I didn't watch the last three episodes all at once. Although I think I did watch all of the Toei's episodes one after another. Kyoto Animation's version still had more impact IMO.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:05   Link #84
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I'm sure that it would have been more impactful if I wouldn't have seen the Toei version, since I knew what was going to happen...
Having seen the Toei version, I knew what was going to happen, but I didn't completely know how it was going to happen. There were some scenes in particular that really surprised me, particularly the scene where Amano asked for Makoto's name.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:11   Link #85
Cal-Reflector

Was anyone getting good vibes between Kyonichi and Amano towards the end? It was almost like the beginning of a relationship: Two people awaken from the same dream, making light talk between themselves and commenting on each others unexpectedness lack of romance and surprising amount of girly imagination...

Heard back even in the days of the game, some other fans have thought of the same thing.

I support... Kyonichi and Amano!
Old 2006-12-09, 19:25   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Heard back even in the days of the game, some other fans have thought of the same thing.

Its nice to think of them as friend i think, nothing more - just that helps you to understand there feelings in this whole matter.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:45   Link #87
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Was anyone getting good vibes between Kyonichi and Amano towards the end? It was almost like the beginning of a relationship: Two people awaken from the same dream, making light talk between themselves and commenting on each others unexpectedness lack of romance and surprising amount of girly imagination...

Well, whatever vibe you may be feeling won't come to fruition since its quite obvious that Ayu is the main girl of the series, I won't even get into it since its so blatantly obvious that she is.

But yeah, This episode was great. Loved every minute of it. although, I'm a bit confused by the very last scene though, I just figure its best to just let it go and move on xD
Old 2006-12-09, 20:08   Link #88
Meophist

As for the last scene…
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-10, 01:47   Link #89
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
As for the last scene…
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-10, 03:30   Link #90
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
The end of the Makoto arc, and what a interesting way to end it. It felt as though I was reading the end and epilogue chapter of a novel of a story by itself.

Of course, the tear-jerking parts almost caught me tearing again. You could sense the mild but mounting desperation of Yuuichi as he tried to keep Makoto in her human form, to keep her with him and them (Akiko and Nayuki) forever as a family, going as far as to skip school, enlist Mishio's aid and suggesting a family outing altogether. I really respect and sympathise with him in this aspect. Here he's trying to put on a damned brave front, and any lesser man would probably have openly weeped when Makoto actually finally 'disappeared' from him.

I have to commend Key and KyoAni on this. The accompaniment of the music along with the mood of whatever that's going on was excellent, and we couldn't have asked for a better seiyuu than Tomokazu Sugita for Yuuichi. They really moulded the mood well too, showing heartwarming scenes of Makoto enjoyinh herself with the Minase family and Mishio, even as we knew that Makoto is eventually and inevitably going to disappear. The first perfect 10 I gave to a Kanon 2006 episode. Keep the goods coming.

And of course, episode 11 preview....Looks like the Mai arc is going to start. I really can't wait.

EDIT: Voted, and I was pretty surprised someone voted a 2. Oh well...There will ALWAYS be skeptics no matter how good the show is or seems.
Old 2006-12-10, 04:49   Link #91
orion

Has his scoring been decreasing or staying the same for the series? We are almost at the half mark here. It's sad if it's not getting any better. Life's too short to waste it on a title that you don't like.

Edit: Since I'm waiting for Microsoft to open because of IE 7 issues, here is a graph of his scores.

Maybe he prefers the lighter aspects of the series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Yuuichi did cry. There just wasn't a long drawn out sequence about it.

Regardless, I didn't watch the last three episodes all at once. Although I think I did watch all of the Toei's episodes one after another. Kyoto Animation's version still had more impact IMO.

Ah, but he hasn't suffered enough yet or in proportion to what Makoto went thru. Yuichi clenching his teeth after she disappears and looking skyward without actually seeing the stream doesn't count imo.

A few seconds of Ayu and Shiori was at the end of this episode to calm those in withdrawal.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-10 at 07:06.
Old 2006-12-10, 05:05   Link #92
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
Well, whatever vibe you may be feeling won't come to fruition since its quite obvious that Ayu is the main girl of the series, I won't even get into it since its so blatantly obvious that she is.

But yeah, This episode was great. Loved every minute of it. although, I'm a bit confused by the very last scene though, I just figure its best to just let it go and move on xD
not until yuuichi has moved on pass the other girls first ~ then ayu will get her chance yuuichi <<<< smooth playa!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-10, 06:21   Link #93
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Now, we can say that Kanon's true potential is materializing. As the fox princess elegantly emerged on the stage, and boy I haven't shed such tears since the days of AIR.

This episode was truely the most impressive of the remake and will be considered the finest chapter by the fox princess's fans (yes I'm one of them). And compared to the old 2k3 version by TOEI, this version had more screen time for Makoto (or rather say, more screen domination) with an addition of a gorgeous art work, excellent music and excellent voice acting. All together made this chapter shine brightly over the old 2k3 version, good work KyoAni.

Going into little details, the behavior of Makoto was heart rending and it was shoving more and more emotions into our hearts as the story was getting closer and closer to it's end. And the wedding scene can only be described by a single word "Beautiful" (I was awaiting this scene like a freak from the first trailer). Followed by the heart warming hugging scene is another excellent addition. And although the moment of her death was rather cold, but the musical silence alongside Yuuichi's sorrow made a good prelude to the following scene. And for the memories scenes (the one before and after her death) were flawless. Another good thing was having Amano's story being clarifyed, although it isn't crystal clear but we finally got a better understanding of her personality.

A beautiful chapter that become more beautiful and the pretty side of a mystifying girl emerged, what else I can ask for?
Old 2006-12-10, 09:26   Link #94
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Oh bloody hell. I just hate it when I'm in Vietnam at the EXACT time something I look forward to comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Well, at least this episode gave me a reason to continue watching...

This show is supposed to be a comedy, right?
And I really wish this guy would just stop watching and stop poisoning the Kanon forum with his extremist version of cynicism. There's a line to be crossed between constructive criticism and outright trolling, and DanielSong39's passed that line long ago.
Old 2006-12-10, 09:31   Link #95
Mentar
Banned

Do the same thing I do. Use the board's "Ignore" feature.

Call up his private data, and you'll find a link in the top right "Add DanielSong39 to your Ignore List". Then you'll be free from his trolling, unless someone quotes his drivel (which you did, by the way).

==> One worry less in your life.
Old 2006-12-10, 10:21   Link #96
Lost

Sigh. I've been putting this off for too long. I've hardened my heart as much as I can; Onwards! to Kanon 10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God it was pityful and heartwrenching watching Yuuichi trying to prolong that moment, any moment that would contribute to Makoto's existance; just that little longer, just that next ring of the bell. It literally came down to rings of a bell; which I suppose could be likened to beats of heart. Haiz. "Ma... ko... to..." and "Yuu... i... chi!" dug especially deep.

From Amano's epilogue, actually I think I see it now. All the girls are, or represent, fragments of Yuuichi's sad past; and in discovering them and their stories, he discovers himself.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-12-10 at 10:49.
Old 2006-12-10, 11:25   Link #97
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. A lot of questions about that last Makoto shot. But I believe Key put it in for one reason. To leave it up to the players to decide and think on it. Personally, it's a brilliant move when thought about.

Yes. I wanted to be as vague as possible to avoid spoilers. Heh heh.
Old 2006-12-10, 13:54   Link #98
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Do the same thing I do. Use the board's "Ignore" feature.

Call up his private data, and you'll find a link in the top right "Add DanielSong39 to your Ignore List". Then you'll be free from his trolling, unless someone quotes his drivel (which you did, by the way).

==> One worry less in your life.
So, you don't think that based on his voting...

that he likes the more lighter elements and hates the emo stuff? Trolling and not genuine expression of misguided thoughts that this would be more comedic than tragic? ( I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt that's why I'm asking and I'm bad at spotting trolling.)

Besides, it's sad to be ignored.

Last edited by orion; 2006-12-10 at 14:11.
Old 2006-12-10, 14:16   Link #99
Mentar
Banned

orion: It's not the voting which made me click on the "Ignore" link, it was the intentionally inflammatory baiting in his prior remarks to the episodes. Just look at his comment for this episode. To write this after the last 3 episodes proves that he's either exceptionally dense or purposely trying to stir the sh*tpot. Rating this very excellent episode with "2" is just the icing on the cake.

"Contributions" like these are worthless. At least to me. Instead, they annoy me and thus reduce my enjoyment exchanging thoughts with other fans.

Therefore, Ignore List. And trust me, it's a feature I use sparsely. Right now, only one other active guy is on my list. You really need to try both hard and repeatedly to get there.
Old 2006-12-10, 14:55   Link #100
martino
makes no files now

Quote:

I did...however I don't think that they will start an "Amano" arc...