AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-11-06, 02:37   Link #81
iya!

your fav tsundere char?

(Tsundere, a char that starts with harsh/cold attitude to gentle/warm )

examples:

Anko Uehara (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Eri Sawachika (School Rumble)
Kaname Chidori (Full Metal Panic!)
Satsuki Kitaoji (Ichigo 100%)
Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
Ayase Takako (Midori no Hibi)
iya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 02:39   Link #82
NeoSam

Well, these two are my favourite:

Shana from Shakugan no Shana
and
Louise from Zero no Tsukaima
Old 2006-11-06, 03:20   Link #83
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

See Avatar/Sig Only tsundere i have grown to like.
Old 2006-11-06, 11:23   Link #84
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Eri Sawachika (School Rumble)
Anko Uehara (GTO)
Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 11:29   Link #85
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Sukuran's Sawachika Eri and Rozen Maiden's Suiseiseki
Old 2006-11-06, 11:31   Link #86
Olf-chan

Sawachika Eri
Asuka Langley
Tohsaka Rin
Olf-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 00:29   Link #87
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The person who epitomizes being a tsundere is Kaname Chidori ( FMP )

Rest Are :-

* Bya Chan ( Bleach )

* Rukia ( Bleach )

* Sanzo ( Saiyuki )

* Sakura ( Naruto )

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-11-07 at 08:13.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:19   Link #88
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
I'm not a big fan of their respective series, but Eri and Rin are...

Rin isn't straightforward

TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE and actually managed to have a conversation with Emiya without having to be Tsun all the time. This is why I don't like Shana. Every image of Shana that comes to my head always has her in an angry expression.

Eri doesn't show her tsundere side to everyone.

I prefer "subtle tsundere" as opposed to "caricatures" of the archetype.
Old 2006-11-07, 23:01   Link #89
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
This is why I don't like Shana. Every image of Shana that comes to my head always has her in an angry expression.
Almost all the first images of her are of her Tsun side, and she can't be smiling fighting against a tomogara, she's a warrior after all, a hunter, you see how actually grow up like a character later, she smile, enjoy, cry and other emotions, slowly she develop her dere side, that's why is my fave of all

Spoiler:

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!
Shana-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 03:41   Link #90
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
I'm not a big fan of their respective series, but Eri and Rin are...

Rin isn't straightforward

TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE to TSUN to DERE and actually managed to have a conversation with Emiya without having to be Tsun all the time. This is why I don't like Shana. Every image of Shana that comes to my head always has her in an angry expression.

Eri doesn't show her tsundere side to everyone.

I prefer "subtle tsundere" as opposed to "caricatures" of the archetype.
I think you got Shana's character a bit wrong First of all take a look at her lifestyle prior to series - she is running arround the world killing monsters without interacting with humans. She even doesnt have a name and is only known as a tool of hunting etc... It is no big wonder that she is no happy go lucky girl at this point, no ?

As she spends time with Yuuji she develops other emotions and feelings and she actually seems to quite enjoy the comon life. Sure, she is not the sweetest girl arround, but then again you cant expect that of her. She is a Tsun because of the life she leads up untill now, not because it would be her original character.

During the series she softens up step by step. And i wouldnt call her angry for the most part - whenever she eneters her "shut up! x3" mode she is more embarrased and confused than angry (not to mention unbelievably cute). Seriously you cant expect a girl with Shana's lifestyle with next to none human interaction experience to handle the questions of love and her feelings. Aparantly she has never heard of it much, let alone experienced prior to this, so her reaction is quite understandable. She even has no understanding about a kiss

Maybe this is why Shana is the only tsundere i like - i actually can see why she acts the way she does. And she has a nice amount of character development and as she develops we can see her dere side quite often later on. And her feelings towards Yuuji were quite clear from early on and it was as clear as day she loves him, opposite to, lets say.... Louise from ZnT where you sure as hell had no idea weteher she likes the guy or not.
Old 2006-11-09, 22:45   Link #91
Sigurd
Abyss Walker

Tsundere? ....hmmm, come to think of it. I think I have 2 characters that I really really adore that can qualify as a Tsundere.

Ayukawa Madoka (Kimagure Orange Road) and Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 22:56   Link #92
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Tsundere? ....hmmm, come to think of it. I think I have 2 characters that I really really adore that can qualify as a Tsundere.

Ayukawa Madoka (Kimagure Orange Road) and Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
Whoa, way to bring up one of the animes that I watched as a kid! Yes, Ayukawa Madoka is a tsundere in many ways.

Can I also say Kido Saori (Saint Seiya) and Makimura Kaori (CITY HUNTER) while I'm in reflecting-back-in-time mode?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 01:40   Link #93
Sigurd
Abyss Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Whoa, way to bring up one of the animes that I watched as a kid! Yes, Ayukawa Madoka is a tsundere in many ways.

Can I also say Kido Saori (Saint Seiya) and Makimura Kaori (CITY HUNTER) while I'm in reflecting-back-in-time mode?
Of course you can say that, though the Kido Saori I remember was always acting mean to Seiya.

Makimura Kaori, I think, is another example of Absolute tsundere. (I'd say Saeba Ryou could almost qualify as a tsundere towards Kaori, too.)
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 04:43   Link #94
Nagato_Yuki
Watashi wa..uchuujin desu

Tsundere?
Hm....

-Suzumiya Haruhi(SHNY)
-Etoh Mei(Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!)
-Shana(Shakugan No Shana)
-Zero Louise(Zero No Tsukaima)
-Sanzenin Nagi(Hayate the Combat Butler)
Nagato_Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 00:07   Link #95
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am quite fond of Tsundere charcters and I know quite a few of them . There temper makes them extra sweet . Well before I stray ,my favorite Tsundere chracters from anime would be Rukia (Bleach) and Kaname (FMP)

BTW this is an old thread my last entry was im Nov 06 : )
Old 2007-06-26, 15:10   Link #96
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Apparently, we have two versions of tsundere to consider ... and a recent episode of Lucky*Star's Lucky Channel poses the question directly.

There is the 'original' definition of tsundere which is a time-line definition related to the "pathing sequence" of many eroge. The personality evolves for the viewer from prickly and hard to gooey and tasty. There is little or no looping.

Then there's the more recent usage of the term that defines someone who is continuously bristly and hard-shelled but opens up to sweet nougat center under special conditions or having been caught off guard.

I'd be fine with coming up with a new term for the latter (I don't really care what people call these archetypes) but I, myself, haven't been able to think of one. I don't really think there's a huge difference given manga archetypes like Naru:LH or Motoko:LH who most folks call tsundere but each still exhibits aggressive behavior even after "dere'ing" up (ouch). I think the problem is basically that the root character-type was just suffering from the limitations of the software games in presenting complex personalities.

It just depends on whether the time axis matters to you over such matters or not.
Old 2007-06-27, 07:32   Link #97
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
See Avatar/Sig Only tsundere i have grown to like.
What? Mana-nee is a tsundere? Bad Skyfall, bad bad!

(Forgive me for not seeing the previous avvie)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 02:49   Link #98
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
See my sig and av, the answer is obvious
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 11:19   Link #99
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysinello View Post
See my sig and av, the answer is obvious
Aha, classic girl she is, young padawan. Thou hast chosen well

I find it funny it's kinda hard finding a similar girl like Kaname-chan.....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 14:05   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Apparently, we have two versions of tsundere to consider ... and a recent episode of Lucky*Star's Lucky Channel poses the question directly.

There is the 'original' definition of tsundere which is a time-line definition related to the "pathing sequence" of many eroge. The personality evolves for the viewer from prickly and hard to gooey and tasty. There is little or no looping.

Then there's the more recent usage of the term that defines someone who is continuously bristly and hard-shelled but opens up to sweet nougat center under special conditions or having been caught off guard.

I'd be fine with coming up with a new term for the latter (I don't really care what people call these archetypes) but I, myself, haven't been able to think of one. I don't really think there's a huge difference given manga archetypes like Naru:LH or Motoko:LH who most folks call tsundere but each still exhibits aggressive behavior even after "dere'ing" up (ouch). I think the problem is basically that the root character-type was just suffering from the limitations of the software games in presenting complex personalities.

It just depends on whether the time axis matters to you over such matters or not.
imo the latter definition for the word "tsundere" fits better as the word suggests the person's emotions flux back and forth from tsuntsun to deredere...while in the former case the girl would simply be changed into a new person and hence losing her tsun side...maybe that type of character needs a new word instead of the new more frequently used type

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tsundere