Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-23, 23:20   Link #81
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos
But Odin isn't a berserker, he traded his eye for wisdom.
In actual fact, the Old Norse Odhinn, before he was known as Odin, was closely tied to Berserkers (or rather, berserkers were closely tied to him). Some interesting info:

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/shade.../berserker.htm

"As god of war, Odin held court in Valhalla, where all brave warriors went after death in battle. His greatest treasures were his eight-footed steed, Sleipnir, his spear, Gungnir, and his ring, Draupner."

Oh, and he sacrificed an eye for the privilege of drinking from Mimir, the fountain of wisdom, just to expand on that a little

Anyway, my guess would certainly be somewhere in Norse mythology and heroes as far as berserker is concerned. The Norse are pretty much #1 when it comes to berserk furies.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 00:14   Link #82
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:

Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
Alright, check it out. Here are my suppositions as to the identities of the remaining Servant classes:

Saber
People keep going with King Arthur since they speculate that King Arthur could've been a female, and that she was simply recorded in history as being a male due to the sexist zeitgeist of the Medieval Times. Also, her sword, which is kept invisible during battle, looks quite extravagant--much like Excalibur might appear. I don't buy it, though; I speculate that she's either Joan of Arc (who also carried a mystical sword) or some female-warrior character whom the writers created for the purposes of Fate/stay night. Also, perhaps the most famous valkyrie of Norse mythology and shieldmaiden http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunhilde

Archer
William Tell didn't wield dual short swords...maybe he's Paris, son of Priam, the King of Troy, who appears in The Illiad. Granted, he wasn't supposed to be a highly skilled warrior, yet he fatally wounded Achilles with an arrow, didn't he? You know, with the help of the Greek God Apollo, who was also quite skilled with a bow...not that I think that any of the servants can be Greek Gods, though. In any case, it's still probably William Tell as far as I can guess.

Berserker
Well, Odin would be a good fit, even though he's a little far-fetched for the role of being anyone's servant. He wasn't a slouch when it came to fighting, and he did indeed lose an eye in exchange for a surfeit of wisdom...however, he didn't posess many berserker-like qualities when he fought, and he generally took the appearence of a humble old man rather than a warrior. Berserker's skin is chared, and Hercules was burned before he died--not to mention that Hercules was a huge, menacing guy. Tractable, as well, which gives such a montrous person the capacity to become a Servant. Another possiblity could be Goliath, from the uh, Bible. Goliath, the beastly giant who is, ultimately, tamed by the little Hebrew Prince David. Reminds me of the relationship between Berserker and Ilya. I think it's a toss-up bewteen Hercules and Goliath.

Rider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippolyta The Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyte, whose name literally means "she lets her horses loose." She rides onto battle upon a horse, she's the queen of the notoriously sexy Amazon warriors, etc, etc...she seems like a good match.

Caster
I'm liking the idea of Medea for Caster, but...Merlin were he interpreted to be a chick would be far more suitable.

Assassin
Beats me...probably one of the four Hitokiri of the Meiji Revolution or something.

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 09:34   Link #83
Caster
ShizuruNatsuki Fan

This is what I think...^^

Saber = King Arthur, Theseus or Achilles.
Archer = Robin Hood, Paris or Ârash-e Kamângir.
Berserker = Hercules, Samson or Goliath.
Rider = Luna or Alexander the Great
Caster = Merlin, Medea or Hecate.
Assassin = Musashi Miyamoto or Prince Yamato.

Last edited by Caster; 2006-01-24 at 11:47.
Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 10:04   Link #84
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Anyway, my guess would certainly be somewhere in Norse mythology and heroes as far as berserker is concerned. The Norse are pretty much #1 when it comes to berserk furies.
Thats what I belive. Known to be the berserkers we the norse were
Yeah, I live in sweden. And I dont know If I shod be proud or not over that I can say that if the berserker comes from somwhere, it shod be from the norse mythology!

And oden was a god who loved fighting (mention one of the norse gods who didnt, on the male side ).
The one eye fits aswell, doe I think im gona look into it later and see wich side he stil had the eye on to be sure.
And hes body figure.. And the norse gods were seen as warriors who battled the giants to protect midgard. I belive he needed one hell of a muscular body. I think its about a perfect match
LilleNisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 11:41   Link #85
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
female version of achilles. Interesting idea.......
Old 2006-01-24, 12:17   Link #86
Paracelsus

http://altreligion.about.com/library.../bldefodin.htm

So Odin has really something to do with Berserkers in general...I doubt that he corresponds to the one in F/sn though >.>
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 15:04   Link #87
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim
Archer
William Tell didn't wield dual short swords...maybe he's Paris, son of Priam, the King of Troy, who appears in The Illiad. Granted, he wasn't supposed to be a highly skilled warrior, yet he fatally wounded Achilles with an arrow, didn't he? You know, with the help of the Greek God Apollo, who was also quite skilled with a bow...not that I think that any of the servants can be Greek Gods, though. In any case, it's still probably William Tell as far as I can guess.
I was actually thinking of Paris for Archer too. He was suppose to be very attractive and good with the ladies, and Archer's smooth-talking conversations with Rin would certainly suggest that. And he does use swords in the Illiad most of the time, which would explain why he doesn't use a bow as often, even though he is supposed to be an Archer. But all of this is just my speculation.
lana3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 16:38   Link #88
Paracelsus

Prolly now i know who are both assassin and berserker...now i just need to know who the heck is archer, although.............no wait, now i know all of them...I'm outta here o_o

Last edited by Paracelsus; 2006-01-24 at 17:34.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 16:54   Link #89
outlawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Why are people putting their guesses into spoiler tags? I don't click on spoiler tags in this forum to avoid getting spoiled. If you use spoiler tags I will not read what you are guessing. Please use them properly.

I removed my spoiler tags.

Direct link to my post.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=61
outlawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 05:08   Link #90
phaerax

Goliath seems logical for berserker... didnt david shoot a rock on his head? that could have taken that eye out. Furthermore he is big, ugly and evil. Was he a berserker? Uhm... i havent read the old testament but... if a fighter is very evil and very dumb he usually fights like a crazy maniac i guess... :P
phaerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 21:55   Link #91
ayyo

Berserker's identity as revealed of Episode 4 is
Spoiler:
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 23:07   Link #92
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Berserker's identity as revealed of Episode 4 is
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-27, 23:09   Link #93
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-27, 23:33   Link #94
ayyo

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-27, 23:55   Link #95
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
But how does he actually qualify for the Berserker Class when he was never a berserker.

Ayyo
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-28, 00:07   Link #96
ayyo

Quote:
But how does he actually qualify for the Berserker Class when he was never a berserker.

Ayyo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-01-28 at 00:59.
Old 2006-01-28, 00:47   Link #97
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Spoiler:

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2006-01-28 at 01:04.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 01:21   Link #98
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-28, 02:42   Link #99
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Spoiler:
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 11:30   Link #100
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Spoiler for Berserker's weakness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsljx
EXTREME Spoilers!!!! Dun say I never warned you....

Spoiler:
o_O So, are you claiming these are the real answers? If so, why put them in a *Speculation* thread? =X

Last edited by xris; 2006-01-28 at 18:54.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote