Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-03, 04:51   Link #81
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
Those two Wu brothers are not her brothers, but adopted by Kaksui. They are sons of one of the four generals/disciples of Southern King. Two of which dueled in the great heroes meeting.

Kinda of like Da Capo? No?
They are two idiots.
Old 2003-12-03, 11:08   Link #82
Daeluin

a lot of you seem to have read the books....
do so many people here read chinese, or has it been translated into any non-asian languages?
Old 2003-12-03, 12:58   Link #83
stpam

they have been translated here is a link to some fansubs of the series

http://www.spcnet.tv/jinyong/jyreadingroom.shtml
Old 2003-12-03, 18:54   Link #84
dyler13

(Legend of) Condor Hero Discussion

first off, i just want to say that i don't know what it is, but i am in love with this series. i stayed up all last night watching one through 16. seriously though, i really don't know why i like it so much considering all these little things that make absolutely no sense. like when koko and the youka leave the tomb. why did they just leave ribakushuu and her pupil in the cave where that secret martial art style was written? didn't they suspect that the two would eventually wake back up and see the writings on the wall on how to escape the tomb? and if they did wake up, doesn't that mean that they now know the secret style? and why didn't they suspect anything was up when their bodies were suddenly gone the next day when they went back to train? it's just plain dumb. like when youko forgot to close the coffin. and why is it that everytime ribakushuu and youko fight, youko feels he has to run away? if he can do that gambunto-thing or whatever that green laser light is and defeat her once, shouldn't he be able to do it again? why is koko so naiive?? does she really think that youko would paralyze her and then rape her? then when he releases her of the paralysis, she is all in love wanting to be his wife.... seriously now, you were just friggin' raped!!!!! obviously it was someone else. okay, i'm done bitching. and youko and koko better get that whole rape-scene thing sorted out. i think that might've been the reason why i watched through all those filler episodes with the other girls.

Last edited by dyler13; 2003-12-03 at 20:18.
Old 2003-12-03, 19:15   Link #85
Daeluin

I am aware of the book translation project, but it is still incomplete.
I was refering to those who seem to have their own copies of the books.
I'm guessing it's been translated to nihongo and other asian languages, but do non-asian translations exist?
Old 2003-12-03, 19:54   Link #86
LynnieS

Daeluin - I have only seen the novels in Mandarin Chinese, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they have not been translated into other languages. It simply means that I haven't come across them anywhere.

I should also note that even if the novels had been translated, I wouldn't recognize them anyway...

Perhaps if you ask for a specific language, someone else who understands it and is on the forums can help you out?
Old 2003-12-03, 21:01   Link #87
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I can answer two of these questions:
  • Ribakshu doesn't know the secret style because she doesn't understand the basics of how it is described there. As you recall, Shouryoujou didn't know the advanced techniques of her own art even though she had access to that room. The only think that Youka learned from Zenshinkyou was a chant that explained how to use their techniques. This was needed as a key to understand the markings on the wall. This same key is necessary to learn the secret art so Ribakushuu couldn't learn it.

• It's not clear that koko believes herself to have been raped. If she'd known it was that bastard she would be furious beyond belief, but she thinks that she had sex with the man of her dreams. She's probaly a bit upset about the way it happened, but she isn't upset that it did happen. I really hope that they get this sorted out already so that they can kill that pig in a horrible and painful manner like he deserves.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-12-04 at 01:16.
Old 2003-12-03, 21:59   Link #88
Daeluin

well, I only read english, and I already know the answer there...

but I'm getting mixed ideas about how popular the stories are. there are several dramas, - some of which are being redone - the novels, and the anime (which I believe has a second season coming out sometime next year??), all which point towards very popular.

yet the anime has been around for a long time, and only has a very select following. we have beome very dedicated fans, but still there is only one group subbing it, and it's no secret they take their time. sure the translation is a killer, but that hasn't stopped other groups from jumping in to do low quality translations for quick releases and attention in the past. then there's the deal with the raws. the series is over a year old, but as far as I know there have never been decent raws available. wasn't it popular in japan? or were there just so few people capturing back then...

I'm just generally confused why this legend seems so widely appreciated and unpopular at the same time. don't take me too seriously, though I wonder if others are seeing the same thing, or I am just reading it all the wrong way.

edit: while I'm at it, might as well tie this in with my other posts:
I think I was trying to get a feel for how widespread the novels are. is it just centralized around the china/japan area, or has it been picked up by non-asian cultures, etc...
Old 2003-12-03, 22:26   Link #89
Chroniss

And now join the rest of us waiting a 2/3rds of a month to one month for an ep
Old 2003-12-04, 02:04   Link #90
LynnieS

L-E will make the episodes available when they're ready. No other group is working on this title also.
Old 2003-12-04, 03:23   Link #91
Momo99

1)This is where the anime deviated from the original book. In the original book, Ribakshu never saw the writing on the wall, and Shouryoujou quickly lead her totally out of the cave jsut so she couldn't see the writing. The anime did make it look dumb how Ribakshu woud wake up and find her way out by looking at the drawing but never to notice the advanced technique next to it.

2) The advanced technique on the wall is not related to Zenshinkyou at all and no chant is needed to learn it. (The advanced technique on the wall is not complete and the final part is written in some arabic language--this wasn't mentioned in the anime). Zenshinkyou chant was needed only to learn the Zenshinkyou technique only and not Shouryoujou's tomb technique, which is what Ribakshu is trying to steal.

3) It was a mistake by youko to forget to close the coffin, but everyone makes mistakes, and he even acknowledges it when Ribakushu comes in.

4) Youko's gamabunto thing is not complete. The anime mentions about this many times. Youka can only use it out of emergency. In addition, even though Youka learned many different good techniques, he never spent time to expertise any one of them. He may know them, but he doesn't really know how to use them.

5) Shouryoujou did not know she was raped because first she has been living in the tomb all her life. She does not know or understand any customs and traditions in the real world. She might have thought that when couples have sex, you are supposed to be paralyzed and be hidden. Seriously if you were never taught that that is not the case, you might believe it yourself too. Shouryoujou is naive base entirely on the fact she did not know how to be a wife and how relationships are supposed to be.
Old 2003-12-04, 03:27   Link #92
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo99
5) Shouryoujou did not know she was raped because first she has been living in the tomb all her life. She does not know or understand any customs and traditions in the real world. She might have thought that when couples have sex, you are supposed to be paralyzed and be hidden. Seriously if you were never taught that that is not the case, you might believe it yourself too. Shouryoujou is naive base entirely on the fact she did not know how to be a wife and how relationships are supposed to be.
What did she grow up in a cave or something? LOL!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-04, 05:08   Link #93
Momo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
What did she grow up in a cave or something? LOL!
LOL, she did grow up in the tomb/cave.
Old 2003-12-04, 06:17   Link #94
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I hope Koko finds out that it wasnt Youka who raped her soon because I cant stand it anymore, its eating me up inside everytime I see them together. They seriously need to resolve this issue already.

The preview for ep17 looks exciting, too bad it'll be a long wait though but I take quality over speed subs anyday.
Old 2003-12-04, 07:37   Link #95
dyler13

Thanks Momo

Momo99, nice answers. thanks a lot. now all i want is for those two Zenshinkyou doushis to die and rot in hell. =P
Old 2003-12-04, 09:13   Link #96
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
The anime was not popular in Japan at all. There was no commercial release of it, although it did get rerun twice on the network it aired on. Note that the network it aired on was a small HDTV network that very few people even had access to in 2001-2002 when the show was originally airing.

Needless to say, It's more popular in Chinese speaking countries and in America than it is in Japan at this point :P

Honestly, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but we at L-E are probably directly responsible for its popularity here in the states. We actually began subtitling it with the dream of gaining popularity for it, because the show's run had already been done for over two months by the time we released episode 1, and not a single person had touched it. Anyway, it's no secret that Condor Hero is our flagship series.

-Tofu
Old 2003-12-04, 19:02   Link #97
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Anyway, it's no secret that Condor Hero is our flagship series.
If someone didn't know, this might have been a bit of a tip-off: Torrents for Condor Hero!

Read "fansub info." That message has been there for a while now.

Old 2003-12-04, 19:24   Link #98
LynnieS

And I wonder who put that "One of NoSanninWa's favorite shows." statement in that page too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Daeluin
edit: while I'm at it, might as well tie this in with my other posts:
I think I was trying to get a feel for how widespread the novels are. is it just centralized around the china/japan area, or has it been picked up by non-asian cultures, etc...
Seems to be fairly popular in the Asian countries, I would think, excluding Japan that is. I know that the anime has been translated into Cantonese and Thai, and I heard of a Vietnamese version also. Never seen the last one for myself, though.
Old 2003-12-04, 19:47   Link #99
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
And I wonder who put that "One of NoSanninWa's favorite shows." statement in that page too.
It is one of only two shows to get that honor.

Old 2003-12-05, 00:11   Link #100
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If someone didn't know, this might have been a bit of a tip-off: Torrents for Condor Hero!

Read "fansub info." That message has been there for a while now.
Haha!! Cool I'd say ep 17 would be out soon, but I don't wanna deal with the controversy that'd cause, hehe ^_^;;;;;;;;;

-Tofu
Closed Thread