AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-18, 10:02   Link #81
Frontier

Shadow may have jumped the gun just a little though. I mean, he killed Crimson, but where's the final boss!? Although if he had waited just a little before hunting for money again, he might have witnessed her awakening...and his sister getting stabbed and bloodsucked .

(I do love how Claire once again sees some headless dude and wants to know who said headless dude is ).

Good thing Shadow Garden is there to back them up, though look at Beta so convinced that Shadow is leaving this up to her because he believes in her abilities when I'm not even sure he's aware she's there and he's just hunting for coins. But it's nice to see Beta and Rose fight .

I guess Elisabeth couldn't keep fighting buck-naked. A dress made of blood is pretty on-point for a Vampire Queen, especially when it can function like the slime suits of Shadow Garden and is a true weapon .

Juggernaut has arrived! Now it's a real party! Too bad Elisabeth is practically invincible and can even activate the demon blood in Shadow Garden girls and Claire. Is that a flashback to when Shadow first met Beta as a child ?

But the mix of vampire and Aurora genes mix into Claire and awaken her...to a high school nurse's office, complete with Aurora herself as a school nurse with legs and black tights to match. Not to mention Claire in a gym uniform that also exposes quite a big of leg !

So Aurora explains something about evolution, adaption, etc. but basically Claire has awakened some newfound power that lets Aurora take over her body and fight off Elisabeth. She was even THIS close to doing her own Atomic, the mad woman! She really is a perfect fit for Shadow !

The Hour of Awakening has Arrived! And Shadow is ready to do battle with Elisabeth! But while Beta thinks he's trying to protect them and she's the Heroine in this picture, Shadow's just trying to protect all his destroyed money !

"I am the Recovery Atomic" - Oh, so Shadow could just fix everything the whole time? I guess he needed the most dramatic moment to do so and whether it be human or vampire, magic overload is something he can handle. I wonder if Elisabeth fell for the gentleman who was able to match blows with her and saved her from herself ?

Rose was thinking about how she didn't get to see Cid while she was in the city, huh? Poor girl .

Well, things didn't turn out great for any guys not named Cid, but at least Mary has Elisabeth back and is back to being her maid...even if it separates her from her new girlfriend Claire. And Claire has to deal with the new power within her, which her brother just dismisses as her entering her Chuuni phase, but he can relate. At least it let him play the supportive little brother .

I love how Cid's big takeaway from this is how much money he can make off the Lawless City. Seems like he'll also be doing more business with Yukime. Seems like she wants a taste of Shadow .
Old 2023-10-18, 10:28   Link #82
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Shadow may have jumped the gun just a little though. I mean, he killed Crimson, but where's the final boss!? Although if he had waited just a little before hunting for money again, he might have witnessed her awakening...and his sister getting stabbed and bloodsucked .

(I do love how Claire once again sees some headless dude and wants to know who said headless dude is ).

Good thing Shadow Garden is there to back them up, though look at Beta so convinced that Shadow is leaving this up to her because he believes in her abilities when I'm not even sure he's aware she's there and he's just hunting for coins. But it's nice to see Beta and Rose fight .

I guess Elisabeth couldn't keep fighting buck-naked. A dress made of blood is pretty on-point for a Vampire Queen, especially when it can function like the slime suits of Shadow Garden and is a true weapon .

Juggernaut has arrived! Now it's a real party! Too bad Elisabeth is practically invincible and can even activate the demon blood in Shadow Garden girls and Claire. Is that a flashback to when Shadow first met Beta as a child ?

But the mix of vampire and Aurora genes mix into Claire and awaken her...to a high school nurse's office, complete with Aurora herself as a school nurse with legs and black tights to match. Not to mention Claire in a gym uniform that also exposes quite a big of leg !

So Aurora explains something about evolution, adaption, etc. but basically Claire has awakened some newfound power that lets Aurora take over her body and fight off Elisabeth. She was even THIS close to doing her own Atomic, the mad woman! She really is a perfect fit for Shadow !

The Hour of Awakening has Arrived! And Shadow is ready to do battle with Elisabeth! But while Beta thinks he's trying to protect them and she's the Heroine in this picture, Shadow's just trying to protect all his destroyed money !

"I am the Recovery Atomic" - Oh, so Shadow could just fix everything the whole time? I guess he needed the most dramatic moment to do so and whether it be human or vampire, magic overload is something he can handle. I wonder if Elisabeth fell for the gentleman who was able to match blows with her and saved her from herself ?

Rose was thinking about how she didn't get to see Cid while she was in the city, huh? Poor girl .

Well, things didn't turn out great for any guys not named Cid, but at least Mary has Elisabeth back and is back to being her maid...even if it separates her from her new girlfriend Claire. And Claire has to deal with the new power within her, which her brother just dismisses as her entering her Chuuni phase, but he can relate. At least it let him play the supportive little brother .

I love how Cid's big takeaway from this is how much money he can make off the Lawless City. Seems like he'll also be doing more business with Yukime. Seems like she wants a taste of Shadow .
up next, it’s John Smith time…!!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 13:01   Link #83
grecefar

man... so much gold lost... ;A;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 13:15   Link #84
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Another solid episode as always. Shadow being Cid, even though he was at ground zero for the fight leaving was what allowed the others to get a bit of the spotlight.

Surprised that Beta didn't use her bow, which she is most proficient with, over using what looks like daggers? I don't know if it has to do with her arm disappearing after the fight or not(e.g. some previous injury that prevents her from using it). Too bad she once again put herself in the heroine role even though she wasn't even an afterthought when Shadow arrived . Just Beta being Beta. At least she tried though.

I know this series is mostly notable from Cid/Shadow antics and fights, but the Claire-Aurora phenomenon was probably the most interesting part of the episode for me. First off, the Aurora in[what I'll call] Claire's subconscious remembered who Cid was, even though the Aurora in the Sanctuary was just supposed to be a sealed memory(or Diablos part with said memory). This would mean that the memory exists beyond a physical realm such as a body. Of course, Cid exists, so its certainly possible that this can happen since Cid is from a wholly different world, so memory existing beyond the physical shouldn't be TOO much a surprise. But the fact that the dream sequence had 'modern' environment could mean there is an otherworldly element to the series. The phenomenon also reminded me of Xenogears(a super simplistic explanation for the uninitiated, a woman who is the predecessor of all life on a planet split into two; one of those women[Miang] could become any woman at any time, and retained memories throughout her existence), with a bit of coincidence she also talks about evolution. Either way, it was an interesting segment. Opens the question whether Aurora can possess anyone that has 'demon blood' or 'the possessed', or is Claire just that special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, glad Claire is getting a bit of the spotlight. She shares it with Mary, but still, she's a pretty cool character outside her brocon tendencies. And even those can be depicted pretty well, since they range from obsessiveness to fearful, and even sadness when she gets neglected by him for too long, though sadly I don't think they'll show the latter emotion from her in this series, just the game. They are welcome to surprise me though.
Well it was short, but they did manage to stick a Cid/Claire moment after the end of the arc. Color me surprised. But it at least shows that he cares about her in his own way(yeah he cured her possession, but she wasn't really shown interacting with him after that other than, y'know angry stuffs). Wonder if she 'knows' Cid is Shadow now?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 17:14   Link #85
ryllharu

I thought Beta lost her arm from the repossession rotting it away as well as damage she endured from Elisabeth. She couldn't be healed by Shadow because it was already too late for her arm, so she just burned it off and Eta will have to help her regrow it.

I'm also not sure the game counts at all, Beta has never been shown to use a Bow in the anime. She's the brainy one who is good at literally everything though slightly inferior to Alpha, while the rest of the Seven Shades are all extremely specialized (Delta is strongest in battle behind Shadow but is the dumbest, Epsilon has the best mana control behind Shadow, Gamma is the most intelligent behind Shadow but a klutz, etc.).

Quote:
I know this series is mostly notable from Cid/Shadow antics and fights, but the Claire-Aurora phenomenon was probably the most interesting part of the episode for me. First off, the Aurora in[what I'll call] Claire's subconscious remembered who Cid was, even though the Aurora in the Sanctuary was just supposed to be a sealed memory(or Diablos part with said memory). This would mean that the memory exists beyond a physical realm such as a body. Of course, Cid exists, so its certainly possible that this can happen since Cid is from a wholly different world, so memory existing beyond the physical shouldn't be TOO much a surprise. But the fact that the dream sequence had 'modern' environment could mean there is an otherworldly element to the series. The phenomenon also reminded me of Xenogears(a super simplistic explanation for the uninitiated, a woman who is the predecessor of all life on a planet split into two; one of those women[Miang] could become any woman at any time, and retained memories throughout her existence), with a bit of coincidence she also talks about evolution. Either way, it was an interesting segment. Opens the question whether Aurora can possess anyone that has 'demon blood' or 'the possessed', or is Claire just that special?
Claire did get speared by Elisabeth's blood tentacle, so Claire may have gotten her own possessed blood comingled with the vampire progenitor blood, thus opening a path for Aurora to possess her. Aurora implied that she is the root of both special bloodlines that separated out.

It could also mean that Aurora was simply wrong about how her memories were segmented and sealed when she was talking to Cid the first time. She built an entire imagined school reality marble. The only place she would know about those forms, shapes, and culture is from Cid's own memories. So perhaps in being unleashed by Cid, Aurora now exists in some sort of blood-memory across the world.

Claire is special now though, since she's been Blessed by the Witch of Calamity in her cursed left arm...hahah.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 17:15   Link #86
Huh...?

Quote:
Surprised that Beta didn't use her bow, which she is most proficient with, over using what looks like daggers?
I think that Bow is only related to her Game Plot.
As i don't think she used it in either the LN or the Manga.
Quote:
But the fact that the dream sequence had 'modern' environment could mean there is an otherworldly element to the series.
That dream 'modern' environment scenario was probably because of Aurora coming in contact with Cid.
It's possible that while she was with Cid in the Sanctuary, some of Cid memories transferred over to her (remember, Sanctuary was sort of considered as a graveyard of old memories).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 17:39   Link #87
LG-MAX 2.o

About the scene with Beta's arm.

Spoiler for explanation:

Quote:
I think that Bow is only related to her Game Plot.
Zeta uses her weapon from the game in the novel, so maybe Beta just didn't have time to access that weapon since she was portrayed in a more pathetic way than in the manga, In the novel she is decent fighter.

Soon after returning to symptoms of possession, she left the fight.

AND

Jimina and Suzuki Wick >>>>>> John Smith

Ahh yes, the most interesting point for me was Aurora almost managing to imitate Cid's I am Atomic.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 21:24   Link #88
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Assuming the anime really does follow the plot of the source material, is there a reason why all the anime episodes so far only feature beta in the most prominent scenes? Alpha's supposed to be the main girl based on their names, but beta has been involved in every major arc so far while Alpha only appeared when she was turned back from being a blob, even 666 has appeared in more episodes than Alpha IIRC.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 21:42   Link #89
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Surprised that Beta didn't use her bow, which she is most proficient with, over using what looks like daggers?
That's something that the mobile game came up with in order to give all the named members something unique.

In the main story the members aren't so picky with their weapons.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-18, 23:43   Link #90
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Assuming the anime really does follow the plot of the source material, is there a reason why all the anime episodes so far only feature beta in the most prominent scenes? Alpha's supposed to be the main girl based on their names, but beta has been involved in every major arc so far while Alpha only appeared when she was turned back from being a blob, even 666 has appeared in more episodes than Alpha IIRC.
No wonder she's convinced she's the Main Heroine .
Old 2023-10-19, 03:45   Link #91
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Beta is Shadow's hype girl at its finest. Not even Epsilon match her enthusiasm.

Alpha is first girl, the strongest and most loyal but when it comes to peak Shadow commentary, Beta is way ahead the rest of Shadow Garden member shown.

Old 2023-10-19, 07:36   Link #92
LG-MAX 2.o

Blood Queen new illustration

Spoiler for Elizabeth:
Old 2023-10-19, 09:47   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Blood Queen new illustration

Spoiler for Elizabeth:
Wearing an actual dress instead of a blood dress .
Old 2023-10-19, 13:31   Link #94
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Beta is Shadow's hype girl at its finest. Not even Epsilon match her enthusiasm.

Alpha is first girl, the strongest and most loyal but when it comes to peak Shadow commentary, Beta is way ahead the rest of Shadow Garden member shown.

Even in the tournament arc we're supposed to see Alpha since the strongest swordsman(lady?) was looking for her and I thought the story was going that way, but then we got to see more of Beta instead. Not complaining btw just an observation.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-19, 13:40   Link #95
LG-MAX 2.o

You can have what you want faster than you think.

Spoiler for Blood Queen HQ:

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2023-10-19 at 14:03.
Old 2023-10-20, 04:30   Link #96
patnam

Ep4 Previews:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

P.S: guess a VA of John Smith...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-20, 06:56   Link #97
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
P.S: guess a VA of John Smith...
Its
Spoiler for :

Isn't it?

Make sense, considering
Spoiler for :

Old 2023-10-20, 07:23   Link #98
LG-MAX 2.o

animation looks like it will remain decent and we will have Delta in "girlfriend" mode?

cool
Old 2023-10-20, 09:24   Link #99
Frontier

The perfect alternate voice for Shadow .
Old 2023-10-22, 07:12   Link #100
LG-MAX 2.o

New illustration

Spoiler for Claire and Aurora: