AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-13, 13:28   Link #81
Strahan

What is it with protags that they feel the need to waste advantages? When she saw the blond had gotten the box, so she knew what her goal was, rather than lose surprise by talking she should have done the magic equivalent of tasing her. When the blond was like "you don't understand" or whatever, I was like oh God please don't tell me this is going to go down the road of reconciliation and they'll help her with whatever that is about. I was glad to see that didn't happen. It's so annoying when anime protags are quick to forgive anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I honestly barely have any idea what's going on in this show. All I know is that Oscar is a massive creep, attempting to rape Tinasha after she saw him talk with another guy, and then playing it off as a prank when her PTSD kicks in.

Only reason I'm still watching it is that there's nothing else on Tuesdays.
Yea while I get what Dark Wing said about it being a shoujo trope, it still seems creepy. Sealing her magic so he can remove her ability to resist feels very rapey. The whole touchy feeling thing he had going on already is creepy AF too, especially as it just came out of the blue and he knows she has firmly expressed that she doesn't want to hook up with him.

It's like he's thinking "you say no, but your body says yes! You know you want me, you're just being shy". That may be correct, but constantly badgering someone is not a good tactic in reality. Obviously, being the handsome prince MC he likely will end up getting what he wants but this approach just feels scummy.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 10:35   Link #82
Frontier

Pretty foreboding start to the episode with a ravaged city courtesy of the forces of Cuscull, lead by Lanak, and Tinasha realizes he's the one in charge as their reunion is set in motion .

Oh, wow, Tinasha finally broke Oscar's curse! Kind of expected it'd be more of a big deal than that but all she needed to do was set up a counter-curse to negate it and tattoo him with her own blood. It even washes off! Um...good for Oscar I guess? Not that it's going to get in the way of him flirting with Tinash like usual .

I can't think of Oscar and Nark sharing a single scene together but who could refuse a dragon companion from Tinasha? And then Oscar princess carries her...and they share their first kiss. Which...really should feel like a bigger deal, but I guess they were going for something spontaneous ...?

Oscar and Tinasha clean up nicely for a party! And Tinasha definitely has the kings' approval as a future father-in-law .

Princess Cecilia has a massive rack but little sense, she looks like she stepped out of a Villainess anime. Though while she bores Oscar to tears, she at least had enough sense to leave when Tinasha turned on the intimidation .

Well, that's not good. Tinasha is saying the contract is over and she's jumping ship to Cuscull to be with Lanak and throwing herself at another man in front of Oscar...though I can't help but think she's playing a part for his sake and to finally end her own emotional turmoil, knowing she's never felt she was truly alive in all her 400 years as a witch .

Convenient of Lucrezia to come to Oscar instead of making him come to her, he has no intention of leaving Tinasha with Lanak but before he can do anything he has to find out about Tinasha's origin .

Oh wow, Meridina really just left instead of joining the save Tinasha team. She really did not care about Tinasha .

Tinasha was royalty! Basically, only it was because she was so powerful as a child she was a shoe-in to become the future queen of a magic empire. The born royal was Lanak who was her betrothed, and he treated her like a little sister. Though obviously that didn't extend past his desire for power to the point of stabbing her multiple times to steal her magic, only to end up destroying their entire nation when her magic was too much for him. Tinasha manage to regain control over it but she was left with both the heartbreak of Lanak's betrayal and feeling responsible for the destruction of her entire world...and that's how she became a witch .

That doesn't change anything for Oscar, though, and if Cuscull is acting up and starting to cause trouble, with Tinasha helping them. But Oscar won't kill her, even if that's what she wants, not before he saves her .

"It runs in the blood" - Is Oscar's dad talking about Oscar's mom or his own grandfathers' attachment to Tinasha ?

I see the king was gauging Oscar's resolve, and seeing it first-hand, basically decides to step down to let Oscar take over. And now Oscar just needs to bring his queen back .
Old 2024-05-14, 15:37   Link #83
scififan

I didn't expect her backstory was this gruesome.

Spoiler for convsersation:

It appears Oscar is going to treat Tinasha, considered by some viewers as political incorrect, again. We are going to find more bellyaching and deploring from some viewers.

Last edited by scififan; 2024-05-14 at 16:21.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 15:42   Link #84
Tenzen12

I think it's fairly obvious what's going on with Tiansha wiping out multiple towns. After all she was doing same thing while she was in her tower, though on much smaller scale. Though I wonder what she hopes to find or accomplish delaying her fight with Lanak.
Old 2024-05-14, 17:17   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think it's fairly obvious what's going on with Tiansha wiping out multiple towns. After all she was doing same thing while she was in her tower, though on much smaller scale. Though I wonder what she hopes to find or accomplish delaying her fight with Lanak.
I assume she intends for Oscar to kill both her and Lanak and that's what she was ultimately training him for.
Old 2024-05-14, 17:45   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I assume she intends for Oscar to kill both her and Lanak and that's what she was ultimately training him for.
Why not just team up with Oscar against Lanak though?

There's obviously something going on with Lanak since he's managed to live as long as her. I wouldn't be surprised if their lives were linked, and killing both at the same time is needed to get rid of Lanak for good.
Old 2024-05-14, 19:21   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Why not just team up with Oscar against Lanak though?

There's obviously something going on with Lanak since he's managed to live as long as her. I wouldn't be surprised if their lives were linked, and killing both at the same time is needed to get rid of Lanak for good.
I think it's genuinely because she wants to die. She said as much that she should've died 400 years ago and probably feels partially responsible for what happened to her kingdom even if it was Lanak's fault.

She tries to keep her emotional distance from people because she doesn't want to feel again and because she knows she's ultimately destined to lose her life.

But she also could very well be linked to Lanak magically.
Old 2024-05-16, 01:25   Link #88
Alchemist007
*Author

Lanak is too much a boring 'evil just because' villain from what's been shown.
Old 2024-05-16, 19:49   Link #89
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Lanak is too much a boring 'evil just because' villain from what's been shown.
yet he's not the final boss...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-21, 10:34   Link #90
Frontier

Oh hey, Ryohei Kimura as Prince Reust! He talks a big game and really hates mages, but he's got nothing on Tinasha. Especially when for all his speech about mages being blights on the world, it's his kingdom practicing inhuman acts on mages and their families .

"Aeti" and Lanak play the part of the ultimate mage power couple, plotting to remake the world, but Lanak is barely holding back his resentment towards Tinasha and his male body can't contain the great deal of magic within it like Tinasha can. He'll always be 2nd best next to her .

Oscar is making literally no progress on getting Tinasha with the war effort stalled and people seemingly still disappearing...and Cecilia keeps throwing herself at him. But at least she's good for something other than a massive chest by letting Oscar know Tinasha is visiting her brother .

I'm not sure why Tinasha spent her evenings talking to Prince Reust, maybe he reminded her of Oscar or she saw a chance to change someones' mind if he was open to listening to her, but she definitely didn't expect to see Oscar. The fact that she froze after seeing him says all that needs to be said about her real feelings .

Convenient of them to bring everybody to the remains of Tuldarr to watch Lanak carry out his plot and live out his God complex...complete with Tinasha in a wedding dress. Though while she looks amazing, this is not how Oscar wanted to see her wearing one .

Did anyone really think Tinasha was genuinely going through with this? All those people she "disappeared" were just hidden for appearances. Her real plan was always to get in a position where she could free all the souls trapped in the Magical Lakes from the Tuldarr disaster and undo what Lanak forced her to do. She even summons some twelve ancient Tuldarr spirits (including a cute loli redhead) to pull it off !

It must be flattering for Tinasha that her magic groupies fell in with her even after she seemingly turned on their nation...well, other than the ponytail one who couldn't believe it. I wonder if she's going to come back for revenge ?

It's all out, barely animated, war! Complete with demons that barely do anything !

Prince Reust finally realzies mages are people too and he can't kill a child, good thing Oscar's forces know how to manage a crisis situation .

Oscar finally kills a mage! Thank you for shutting Baldor up !

Lanak finally showed his true colors (again). The moment Tinasha turns against him he blames her for everything, refusing to take any responsibility for his actions, and doubles down on how little she always made him feel. No guilt, no remorse, just pettiness and ego. Nobody shared a tear when Oscar finally slew him .

Tinasha was fully prepared to end this by dying via Oscar's blade...but even if Reust hadn't sued for peace with Cuscull, there's no way Oscar would have killed her. All he had to do was make her his official fiance! Now she's stuck with that position whether she likes it or not, though now she seems more accepting of Oscar's feeling and presence around her than ever .
Old 2024-05-21, 17:42   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is such a mess. It feels like 2/3rd of the story is missing. And it's probably not just a feeling.

I guess the next arc will finally tell us why that witch cursed Oscar and his dad. Tinasha doesn't have any more secrets and she's accepted she's going to get impregnated by Oscar.
Old 2024-05-21, 19:03   Link #92
Frontier

Quote:
This is such a mess. It feels like 2/3rd of the story is missing. And it's probably not just a feeling.
I think they adapted an entire novel in two episodes...
Quote:
I guess the next arc will finally tell us why that witch cursed Oscar and his dad. Tinasha doesn't have any more secrets and she's accepted she's going to get impregnated by Oscar.
I don't know if I'd go that far, but she's getting there .
Old 2024-05-21, 23:37   Link #93
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think they adapted an entire novel in two episodes...

I don't know if I'd go that far, but she's getting there .
Episode 6+7 covers volume 2: The Queen Who Lost Her Throne? The story surely skips the part about war against witches and that angry boy. So, Tiansha has different dressing preference. For a ritual, she dresses in white one piece. The other half of book are skip due to repeated tea parties, field trips, and chit-chat?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-21, 23:39   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Episode 6+7 covers volume 2: The Queen Who Lost Her Throne? The story surely skips the part about war against witches and that angry boy. So, Tiansha has different dressing preference. For a ritual, she dresses in white one piece. The other half of book are skip due to repeated tea parties, field trips, and chit-chat?
And probably missing a lot of character building moments that actually make you care about what's going on...

She really dressed for a wedding for the big ceremony .
Old Yesterday, 01:36   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The pacing really does feel weird while watching so it's no surprise to hear how extreme an adaptation it really is. Adapting a whole volume in 2 episodes is the kind of stuff you fear when a series you love is getting adapted into an anime. Just trying to speedrun through the story to I guess hopefully spark sales for the source material since they sure aren't going to spark people to want to buy the blurays .

Characters just popping out of nowhere and the story expecting you to know and care about what is going on.

The bones of this show are good. There's a reason the first episode had me really interested. But the past two episodes have been pretty messy. But hey, the main characters are practically a couple at this point. Give it a couple more episodes and we might meet their kids or something .
Old Yesterday, 07:32   Link #96
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The pacing really does feel weird while watching so it's no surprise to hear how extreme an adaptation it really is. Adapting a whole volume in 2 episodes is the kind of stuff you fear when a series you love is getting adapted into an anime.
I understand the parent novels are completed at 6 volumes, so I'm guessing the plan is to cover 3 books in 1 cour?

Which is rather surprising considering there has been a trend of anime adaptations that take their time with the source material; like what happened with Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic/is happening with Archdemon's Dilemma; the former only covered its 1st 2 novels while the pacing of the latter suggests it will also be covering the 1st 2 books as well. And both novels still have plenty of material to adapt further.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:57   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I understand the parent novels are completed at 6 volumes, so I'm guessing the plan is to cover 3 books in 1 cour?

Which is rather surprising considering there has been a trend of anime adaptations that take their time with the source material; like what happened with Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic/is happening with Archdemon's Dilemma; the former only covered its 1st 2 novels while the pacing of the latter suggests it will also be covering the 1st 2 books as well. And both novels still have plenty of material to adapt further.
This is like 7th Time Loop if they rushed through the content and the story incredibly suffered for it.
Old Yesterday, 20:59   Link #98
Strahan

Well, at least it served as a good commercial for the novels then, lol. As an avid reader, I'm perfectly fine with buying the set of novels to flesh out the story. Plus having watched the anime first, I will already have the mental images set for characters. It's jarring when you read novels first, build up that mental image, then they make an anime/manga and it is nothing like you imagined
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:22   Link #99
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Well, at least it served as a good commercial for the novels then, lol. As an avid reader, I'm perfectly fine with buying the set of novels to flesh out the story. Plus having watched the anime first, I will already have the mental images set for characters. It's jarring when you read novels first, build up that mental image, then they make an anime/manga and it is nothing like you imagined
At the very least now you know what the characters are supposed to sound like .
Old Today, 12:29   Link #100
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm not really sure I can say I would prefer a rushed plot in a single cour or a well paced cour with no hope for sequels. Either way you have an ad for the source; and enough information to know if you'd would like certain plot developments. I imagine you crush hopes for a sequel season entirely if you go the rushed route.