AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-27, 18:16   Link #81
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Pacing felt a bit wonky but a solid series overall. How could anyone not like Mitsuha aside from the dragon I guess. Not really expecting a second season but we're getting more Funa anyway with Potion-danomi, which I think is my favorite by them.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-28, 03:21   Link #82
larethian

Another lovely scam that Mitsuha pulled off But now, as a noble, she's got responsibilities. I'm actually hoping for a season 2 to see how far she can go. I reckon she's going to somehow climb to Duchess.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-28, 08:06   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Wrapped up well. She saved the king and royal family, prevented the capital from being ravaged, and became a noble. Kinda feels like the premise, trying to ensure a comfortable retirement, is pretty much already in the bag given her new status and having the king's gratitude as much as she does lol
No, because she was rewarded with a job. It's the opposite of retirement.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-06, 23:28   Link #84
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
No, because she was rewarded with a job. It's the opposite of retirement.
Bear in mind we're talking about a modern person's idea of work and retirement. Being a hero and medieval noble would only barely be a considered a job for someone like Mitsuha. It doesn't even begin to relate to being a modern wage slave, heh. You get a life of privilege and your job is just to keep taxes flowing to the monarchy, act as arbiter of justice for the people in your demesne and attend social gatherings. I could definitely deal with that kind of "job"

Last edited by Strahan; 2023-04-06 at 23:54.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 17:17   Link #85
Ghosty 404

Wow !! the last 4 episodes of this series really tanked. There's so much material from the Manga. They just threw it all out to make this pitiful ending. It's like they were rushing to meet a certain ending and cut out the majority of the story to get there in 12 episodes. What a disappointment.
Ghosty 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 00:44   Link #86
arkhangelsk

Look, what did you expect. Ending it at the invasion was the clear point for termination. As it is, the show ended up around 1.5 light novels in, much under the usual rate of 3-4 light novels in a cour (or worse).
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 05:22   Link #87
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

a little late, but currently catching up on episodes from favorite manga chapters,

Adelaide is so lucky to have Mitsuha organize her party. Those other nobles are clearly impressed. They probably thought those projections are some kind of magic. And I would certainly be amazed on the taste, if I have never eat cake before.

but she did something risky.. bringing Adelaide to Earth. Things could have gone wrong with that.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 10:07   Link #88
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Bear in mind we're talking about a modern person's idea of work and retirement. Being a hero and medieval noble would only barely be a considered a job for someone like Mitsuha. It doesn't even begin to relate to being a modern wage slave, heh. You get a life of privilege and your job is just to keep taxes flowing to the monarchy, act as arbiter of justice for the people in your demesne and attend social gatherings. I could definitely deal with that kind of "job"
I think you seriously underestimate how much work it takes to do all that you described.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-14, 05:01   Link #89
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Sabine so kawaii and a good actress (lol). Mitsuha finally come into contact with the royal family after rescue the princess.

Adler has the badluck of trying to steal Mitsuha's shop + try to blackmail the girls. Chancellor Sahr is really intimidating to people that he does not like. In the manga his position is translated as "prime minister" - so I assume he's the second most powerful man in the country, and only the king ranks above him?
Old 2023-04-16, 14:51   Link #90
Rasty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think you seriously underestimate how much work it takes to do all that you described.
Agreed, so let's take a better look at this.
  • Keep taxes flowing: building reasonable taxation laws, keeping tabs on what everyone has/gets, actually collecting the taxes, having the muscle to force them to pay the taxes when they don't want to, and investigation abilities to find out tax evasion
  • Act as an arbiter of justice: again needs military force for enforcement and investigation force. Also requires good personal skills so that people are content with the sentence, and won't accumulate resentment
  • Attend social gatherings: lots of uncomfortable traveling, need to remember all important people and lots of info about them, act according to all noble customs, hold conversations for hours with people you don't like about things you don't care about or worse. Also don't forget all the preparation phases like choosing dress/accessories appropriately (and new ones for every occasion).
  • Everything else you left out: for example, there is disaster prevention, planning, and mitigation. You also have to periodically check on people in important positions and appoint new ones. Also since the territory is on the border there are all the defense questions and intelligence gathering about neighbors. And let's not forget that the territory is likely pretty undeveloped, so all the development and gaining funds for it is also on her.

In other words, being a good lord is hard, being a first-generation lord without dependable associates is harder, and being one in an undeveloped border region is much worse than wage slave.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-26, 04:33   Link #91
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

she is doing things right. She has friends to rely on in the lower working class (mercenaries, maids), and she also has good friends in the nobility.

anyway, this episode increased my respect for Mitsuha, she is happy to have helped even if the profit is only one gold coin.

oh, in the final scenes, looks like some nobles are actually lining up outside the resto? Well, I guess there's no shame to line up, because the king himself has eaten there. lol

and I wonder what sort of evil Sabine is writing down in her notes, after being spoonfed by customers?

this episode adds Mitsuha to my mal favorite anime characters. :>

Tags
action, isekai