AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-27, 15:30   Link #81
ryllharu

It's so gloriously over the top and stupid. While being wildly entertaining.

This is what makes an entertaining sports anime.

Taking things way beyond any reasonable sense while pretending that it is perfectly normal in-universe.

Vipere cheats as much as possible, sexually harasses her opponents...but honors the deal when she loses and drives Eve around for the rest of the day.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 15:46   Link #82
Dop
Mmmm....

I mean, the huge underground mafia golf lair was one thing, but when it transformed into a random golf hole generator, that was just the cherry on top. I totally applaud the people who came up with the idea and then animated it. Bravo!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 16:06   Link #83
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Whatever Yousuke Kuroda smoked when he wrote this anime, I want one. Not because the show is a disaster but how all the bonkers things in it actually work to make a show about golf feels epic & engaging.

My only disappointment in this episode is the fact that Vipere doesn't have snake-like shooting technique .
Old 2022-04-27, 18:41   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't seen a sports anime this ridiculous (in a good way) since Keijo. Anime really can make any sport interesting, no matter how boring it is in real life. Curling anime when?

And it wouldn't be complete without lesbians. Eve pretty much confessed her undying love for Aoi by declaring there is only one name engraved in her heart and she needs no other after Vipère told her she was going to make her her slave in both mind and body using sex.

VR golf next episode, the sky isn't the limit, there are no limits. I wonder how Eve is going to get in touch with her and patch things up.
Old 2022-04-27, 22:42   Link #85
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Ultra high tech golf course generator, I would love one of them.

A shame she wasn't able to make it to the course on time but she tried her hardest.

We will see more of these 2 in the upcoming episodes.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 23:19   Link #86
HandofFate

Viper's trick is so obvious and open in plain view, its a wonder that no one else in the world has figured it out.

and surprised that the main cast is U15
Old 2022-04-28, 04:35   Link #87
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Viper's trick is so obvious and open in plain view, its a wonder that no one else in the world has figured it out.

and surprised that the main cast is U15
It was obvious how she does it but not what exactly she does. I personally have not figured it out.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-28, 07:08   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It was obvious how she does it but not what exactly she does. I personally have not figured it out.
Yeah, it was obvious it was related to her unzipping her jacket, but I couldn't figure out what she was doing. The only clue was Eve saying earlier on that she stunk of perfume.
Old 2022-04-28, 08:25   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep. I compared Vipère with Deep Niobe for a reason. She has fragrance-based trick like Niobe. The difference being, Niobe's fragrance is used to kill so you don't even get the chance to figure out his attack in individual fight before it's too late and you're already dying. Meanwhile, Vipère only uses her fragrance technique to screw her opponent's concentration but it's still hard to fully comprehend what she's doing even if you see her unzipping. Kudos to Eve for figuring out that it has something to do with Vipère's smell/odor/perfume and hold her breath.
Old 2022-04-28, 12:28   Link #90
Alchemist007
*Author

Thought that last shot would hit the plane .
Old 2022-04-28, 17:12   Link #91
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, it was obvious it was related to her unzipping her jacket, but I couldn't figure out what she was doing. The only clue was Eve saying earlier on that she stunk of perfume.
It's the scent of the heavy perfume she was using, it throws off the senses of anyone that smells it... it was kind of obvious when Eve pointed it out.
Old 2022-04-28, 23:07   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
It's the scent of the heavy perfume she was using, it throws off the senses of anyone that smells it... it was kind of obvious when Eve pointed it out.
Yeah, Eve complaining about Vipère's heavy perfume was a clue for the audience. Had she not done that, it'll be harder for us to guess. And it's even harder for the in-story rich mafia characters to know since rich people smell perfume all the time both the normal ones like YSL Black Opium and the weirder ones like Escentric Molecules or Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme. This is where Eve came in. I guess due to her low-class status, she's further from a CognoScenti compared to rich people & easier to be thrown off by the scent of "weird" perfume which would be her first guess.

Also, I believe Vipère used different kind of fragrance around her belly-button for her technique which could be more subdued.
Old 2022-04-29, 02:24   Link #93
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
We watched the ep after all. It was just to rebook the previous statement that the trick was to obvious.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 23:31   Link #94
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

VR golf looks like a lot of fun.

Glad that those 2 were able to play a round together.

Those costumes they were wearing were great.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-04, 17:06   Link #95
Top Sergeant

Well that was just a TINY cliff hanger!

Good episode. I am enjoying the interaction between our two main girls. And its very true that pizza has a very short life expectancy in the presence of children!
Old 2022-05-04, 18:36   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was not quite as crazy as I expected. I thought there'd at least be a course in space with Mobile Suits fighting in the background.

Rose probably has history with Aoi's mother, and is using Eve as a means to get back at her. I guess it's time for her and Eve to overthrow the mafia boss.
Old 2022-05-04, 20:42   Link #97
Chosen_Hero

Interesting to see Eve cosplay as Ann fron P5.
Old 2022-05-05, 05:51   Link #98
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's disappointing that we don't really see Eve & Aoi play in VR. But I guess this VR venture is worth it coz we get to see Eve wears cat ears & tail while Aoi's costume is all about wings.

But this is more like a plot-focused episode with everything that's going on with Aoi's mom & Rose and then the cliffhanger of the pub being gone.
Old 2022-05-05, 06:04   Link #99
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is that you, Iowa?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 15:43   Link #100
ryllharu

Even though Eve is associated with the mafia, Rose is actually protecting her from Golf Balalaika, who surprising or not, was more than willing to immediately put Eve into prostitution if she lost the hustles.

I guess it isn't all smiles on Aoi's end either. She's being coddled and protected when she doesn't really need it.

The preview was as interesting as the cliffhanger itself.

I'm a little interested in how all the Japanese high school players seem to fit in. There's a lot more of them than I expected, and they seem to consider themselves a challenger to Aoi when not only her handlers, but Aoi herself doesn't really regard them as anything special.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
golf, sports