Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-09, 02:48   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The guys in charge seem to have a good head on their shoulders, the guy who panicked after seeing Sorawo's eye was the same grunt who kept suspecting them of being monsters. Coming back would be a gamble.
Yeah, the guys at the top are OK, but the guys at the bottom also have guns and frayed nerves. And they're the ones guarding the perimeter.

On another subject - do those guys come from the same Japan as the girls? Are they really just some kind of secret unit, or do they come from another parallel world where Dark Horse whatsit is called Pale Horse?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 03:52   Link #82
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

Major Ray is a gentleman, not forcing a body search on the girls, because he has no female soldiers left. Lucky, because Toriko hand would have been found if they get searched.

it's also another luck that the two most sane people, Ray and Drake seem to be the highest in rank among the survivors there.

right thing to run away, who knows what Greg will do if he catch them.

train of horrors!? At least they managed to get home.

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-09, 09:06   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
On another subject - do those guys come from the same Japan as the girls? Are they really just some kind of secret unit, or do they come from another parallel world where Dark Horse whatsit is called Pale Horse?
We can't take what Kozakura said on the phone at face value since it was never her on the phone in the first place. Whatever was doing this might have been trying to sow suspicion.
Old 2021-02-09, 17:09   Link #84
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
We can't take what Kozakura said on the phone at face value since it was never her on the phone in the first place. Whatever was doing this might have been trying to sow suspicion.
They definitely need to touch base and confirm things, but it looked to me like the call really connected at first before before something else took its place.
Old 2021-02-09, 18:56   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
They definitely need to touch base and confirm things, but it looked to me like the call really connected at first before before something else took its place.
Kozakura wouldn't have been this confused over the creepy message if that were the case. The fact there is a message means she never answered the call, maybe because she doesn't know Sorawo's number.
Old 2021-02-10, 05:44   Link #86
Liddo-kun
is this so?

forgot to say.. I think eating the rations given to them is the right choice. Because if they did not eat... it can make the soldiers even more suspicious that they might not be human.
Old 2021-02-10, 18:01   Link #87
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Kozakura wouldn't have been this confused over the creepy message if that were the case. The fact there is a message means she never answered the call, maybe because she doesn't know Sorawo's number.
Oh, it was a message? I thought Kozakura'd recorded the call.
Old 2021-02-11, 17:01   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Oh, it was a message? I thought Kozakura'd recorded the call.
"Voicemail" was written on her phone when she was listening to it.
Old 2021-02-15, 08:26   Link #89
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Caught up to current material. This is never boring. Then again, considering the interview with the author I daresay it should stay interesting. Love his approach in general.
Old 2021-02-15, 14:42   Link #90
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

That escalated rather quickly for a swimsuit episode.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-15, 19:36   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode made little sense. Where did the girls get the guns? Them entering the Otherside without their guns was a major plot point two weeks ago, and when they left they ditched the rifle Toriko had borrowed (it's not the one they had in this ep anyway). Secondly, how could they happily play on a beach on the Otherside? It's like they completely forgot what they just went through. How did they even get there? The hat again?

I've been hearing for a while that the adaptation is a complete mess that leaves out the horrific parts and reorders events for no reason and this time I definitely could tell this story wasn't meant to happen now.
Old 2021-02-15, 19:51   Link #92
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Good thing I ordered the manga omnibus today. Had a feeling that something was missing or out of order.
Old 2021-02-15, 22:05   Link #93
Kazu-kun

Quote:
This episode made little sense. Where did the girls get the guns? Them entering the Otherside without their guns was a major plot point two weeks ago, and when they left they ditched the rifle Toriko had borrowed (it's not the one they had in this ep anyway). Secondly, how could they happily play on a beach on the Otherside? It's like they completely forgot what they just went through. How did they even get there? The hat again?
Re-shuffling the content probably created some inconsistencies.
Old 2021-02-16, 03:19   Link #94
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Indeed, they could not have possibly made a more random swimsuit episode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 06:27   Link #95
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

so even garbage on the beach can turn into monsters that look like human?

wasting bullets is a bad idea if you're on the Otherside.

too bad Hasshaku hat was destroyed. But it helped save their lives, so it's worth using the hat one last time. Good thing they have not sold it yet.

Satsuki Uruma seen.. she's beautiful, but creepy.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2021-02-16 at 09:01.
Old 2021-02-16, 07:39   Link #96
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I really wonder what it looks like, from the Otherside natives' POV. "Two aliens randomly appear and shoot people"?
Old 2021-02-16, 09:22   Link #97
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I really wonder what it looks like, from the Otherside natives' POV. "Two aliens randomly appear and shoot people"?
I'm more curious to know what happened from the taxi driver's perspective. Did he get transported to the otherside as well? Did the girls just suddenly disappear from his car before paying the fare?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-16, 10:14   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm more curious to know what happened from the taxi driver's perspective. Did he get transported to the otherside as well? Did the girls just suddenly disappear from his car before paying the fare?
Did he turn into sand?
Old 2021-02-16, 14:26   Link #99
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

I've been hearing for a while that the adaptation is a complete mess that leaves out the horrific parts and reorders events for no reason and this time I definitely could tell this story wasn't meant to happen now.
OK, so I hadn't forgotten something.

Honestly, in general this show doesn't really do it for me. I was really hoping for a good thriller at least, but most episodes have 0 tension. Most of the stuff that happens in this show lacks build up, and when things do happen it's just like "Oh, OK". I keep watching in hopes that it'll get more interesting.
Old 2021-02-16, 16:18   Link #100
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
This isn't Made in Abyss or something; a lot of the otherside "natives" are animated garbage or wooden scaffolding or some such given life (seemingly) by the urban legends.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi