AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-29, 20:26   Link #81
Estzero1

It's a lose lose situation nevertheless. They even acknowledge themselves. Why care for hypocrisy when the whole planet is on the line?
Regardless, it was a pretty good episode. A bit faster sometimes (which is extendable btw later on), but if that's the price to pay to get a more detailed adaption of Vol.15 and especially Vol.16 then it's worth it. The only thing missing I was a bit sad about is Westcotts perspective and maybe some exposition, but the build up and the foreshadowing were both great. The next episode will be great. Everyone who has played the 2nd Danmachi x Dal collab should know what's going on.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 20:47   Link #82
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a really bad start to a new school term and Okamine is all ready lossing it but cant blame her when someone she know is getting married
Old 2022-04-29, 21:30   Link #83
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Jouji Nakata in Date a Live? Looks like S4 is now a masterpiece lol. xD

Now, we got Kirei, Ritsuka and Lancelot. Who's next? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 21:34   Link #84
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Jouji Nakata in Date a Live?
I mean he is more or less part of the series since S2, so yeah.

Old 2022-04-29, 22:20   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
His point is that Shido is a hypocrite for claiming he's doing it for her sake, not that she shouldn't be sealed.

Mukuro made some very good points. Shido has no right to dictate what happiness should be to her, and being sealed would mean she would have no way of fighting back against DEM (which isn't entirely true, but she doesn't know that).
I think what's ultimately important is Shido will probably unlock her emotions again and get her to move on from whatever trauma forced her to lock in her feelings so she's not stoic and alone anymore .
Old 2022-04-30, 04:01   Link #86
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
His point is that Shido is a hypocrite for claiming he's doing it for her sake, not that she shouldn't be sealed.

Mukuro made some very good points. Shido has no right to dictate what happiness should be to her, and being sealed would mean she would have no way of fighting back against DEM (which isn't entirely true, but she doesn't know that).
Right.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with what Shido is doing, especially since Mukuro is underestimating the danger of DEM.

However, his arguments are more about how she would be happier on Earth when he doesn't know she would be happier on Earth. He is just saying that because he needs her on Earth to seal her.

The problem is that Shido's mentality has moved from helping spirits to sealing them. Originally he would help the spirits and they would kiss him, letting themselves be sealed.

To be honest, I didn't really like the way he acted with Nia. He tried to kiss her twice without even understanding her problems. In the end, what touched Nia was not how he acted towards her, but how he acted towards the other spirits in the past.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-30, 09:23   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Right.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with what Shido is doing, especially since Mukuro is underestimating the danger of DEM.

However, his arguments are more about how she would be happier on Earth when he doesn't know she would be happier on Earth. He is just saying that because he needs her on Earth to seal her.

The problem is that Shido's mentality has moved from helping spirits to sealing them. Originally he would help the spirits and they would kiss him, letting themselves be sealed.

To be honest, I didn't really like the way he acted with Nia. He tried to kiss her twice without even understanding her problems. In the end, what touched Nia was not how he acted towards her, but how he acted towards the other spirits in the past.
I think he's also thinking in the sense that all the other Spirits are on Earth and have found camaraderie/friendship with each other after getting Sealed so she would be in less danger and have more of a chance of companionship if she let herself be sealed.

But like with Nia I think Shido is going to have to realize the issue behind why the Spirit is so against human relationships/contact if he's going to get through to them. It wasn't just the manga that helped sell Nia on him but that he was 100% open with himself to her despite her hesitancy due to Raziel and peoples' oftentimes true nature.
Old 2022-04-30, 20:39   Link #88
Wandering Soul

Overall sealing Mukuro is for the best, but her arguements against Shido were valid (other than the part about the DEM not being a threat). Shido really shouldn't make the argument about her happiness
Old 2022-05-01, 12:42   Link #89
grecefar

True what mukuro said but she doesn't know the danger of DEM, I think that's were shido will act and save her so he can seal her.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 13:07   Link #90
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
True what mukuro said but she doesn't know the danger of DEM, I think that's were shido will act and save her so he can seal her.
That's the main point. Even though Muku disposing of the DEM troops was a piece of cake, Westcott is not an idiot. He is in no hurry to figure out a way to beat her (even though this would be very difficult task) but if he does it would almost over for humanity. It's like Kotori said: without DEM leaving her alone wouldn't be problem, but since other (DEM) would definitely approach her again it could become a serious threat for the whole planet, so they have to deal with her, otherwise everyone will be put at risk.

Old 2022-05-01, 16:47   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
That's the main point. Even though Muku disposing of the DEM troops was a piece of cake, Westcott is not an idiot. He is in no hurry to figure out a way to beat her (even though this would be very difficult task) but if he does it would almost over for humanity. It's like Kotori said: without DEM leaving her alone wouldn't be problem, but since other (DEM) would definitely approach her again it could become a serious threat for the whole planet, so they have to deal with her, otherwise everyone will be put at risk.
How much safer is it to seal her, anyway? I mean, can't Westcott get at Shido just as easily?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-01, 17:52   Link #92
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How much safer is it to seal her, anyway? I mean, can't Westcott get at Shido just as easily?
There isn't really a safe option. The only difference is that Shido and Co. know what could happen in the worst case scenario. As for Westcott: technically he could but since he had other matters in this mind, he chose to test one of Beelzebub abilities and deal with them later.

Old 2022-05-02, 10:06   Link #93
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 09:05.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 12:42   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Lovely laying Nia is lovely .
Old 2022-05-02, 14:48   Link #95
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Even though it's a bit random, but I wasn't expecting another/or rather new trailer within the season. If someone wants a peak at Mukuro. Here you go.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
There she is! Best Oppai Loli!
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 15:33   Link #96
Frontier

We now interrupt this Mukuro arc for an adventure with Shido and the Spirits in a fairy tale world .

Shido as one of the three little pigs was...something, if only to have him run around in that unflattering pig costume for most of the episode .

Yoshino makes such a cute red riding hood !

Nia lucked out by getting to be her own character and get to be a badass dual-wielding guns and getting to shoot wolves .

Tohka as Momotaro makes almost too much sense. Also basically Samurai Tohka, which totally works .

Little Match Girl Kotori! Who has Shido on the brain as always. I love how what woke her up was thinking Shido was there .

The Yamai Twins as Hansel and Gretel who eat the candy house and bail on the witch feels very them. Also Yuzuru implying Kaguya peed herself in fear, because of course she does .

I love how they hear a mermaid yelling "Darling, Darling" and everyone realizes it's Mikue. Because who else would it be ?

Kannazuki and Maria manage to rally the Fraxinus crew when things seem their most dire, and even when Westcott's men invade, they manage to hold their own. Even the otaku and the gloomy girl get to contribute .

Natsumi as Cinderella was perfect just to see her adult form again...although of course like with the real Cinderella, the magic ends at midnight .

Thankfully Little Match Girl powers let Kotori give everyone fancy dresses and turns Shido into Shiori again, which was perfect for greeting Mermaid Miku with. And she looked gorgeous .

Why am I not surprised Origami was the naked Emperor? Of course Tohka is the one that points it out and Origami throws it back at her by making her think not seeing anything is a sign that she doesn't love Shido enough which causes Tohka to backtrack. I can't tell if Origami was so desperate in her love for Shido that she imagined she was actually wearing something or if she just wanted to go nude. Knowing Origami it could go either way .

When things are at their most dire, who should come in and save the girls but...manga Shido! The girls' idealized version of Shido from the manga arrives to help them and get them out of there with his fictional Spirit powers, and he gives Shido the motivation he needs to pursue Mukuro again. Even if Mukuro is resistant to being sealed, something happened that made her close her heart off to others, and deep down Shido just wants to help her .
Old 2022-05-06, 16:45   Link #97
Estzero1

Well, it turned out great. Not only do I appreciate the inclusion of Brother Grimms fairytales in such a thoughtful manner but there was also the glorious return of "Shido Funk". I just love this track. But the thing I find the most interesting is that they didn't finish Vol.14, which means they will next episode but also start Vol.15. I'm honestly can't remember if I ever seen something like this.

Old 2022-05-06, 18:40   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seeing all the spirits as characters from fairytales was very fun. Natsumi looked stunning as Cinderella, and the role totally fit her. Everyone had a role that fit them, in fact. Miku as the little mermaid because her voice is her power, Kotori as the little match girl because her power is fire, Origami as the naked king because she's an exhibitionist, and Tohka as Momotaro because... I'm actually drawing a blank here. Same for the Yamai sisters.

Meanwhile, in the real world, that one girl can actually use voodoo magic?
Old 2022-05-06, 20:21   Link #99
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Well, it turned out great. Not only do I appreciate the inclusion of Brother Grimms fairytales in such a thoughtful manner but there was also the glorious return of "Shido Funk". I just love this track. But the thing I find the most interesting is that they didn't finish Vol.14, which means they will next episode but also start Vol.15. I'm honestly can't remember if I ever seen something like this.
They did finish Volume 14 though?
Spoiler:
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 20:33   Link #100
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Meanwhile, in the real world, that one girl can actually use voodoo magic?
Yeah, that's definitely the part that got my attention the most.