4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-06, 06:07   Link #81
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If he's not genderbent then yes, I'm done (until another genderbent character appears). Still, isn't your post above a spoiler?
Edited. Seriously, I am losing my patience with people still over it, for a game that is released over 10 years ago, still did it with a spin-off game and reached the point it became a running gag in fandom. Well, one running gag along with Saber faces.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 06:20   Link #82
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Edited. Seriously, I am losing my patience with people still over it, for a game that is released over 10 years ago, still did it with a spin-off game and reached the point it became a running gag in fandom. Well, one running gag along with Saber faces.
What's done is done. For me, Arturia (and others of her ilk) is a case of "what could've been". And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feel this way .
Old 2017-07-06, 09:13   Link #83
ReddyRedWolf

Not as exciting in the first episode like Prisma Illya seasons or Fate Grand Order. Lets see the next episode then if it piques interest.

Oh hey Waver! Fourth Holy Grail War never happened to you but you seem experienced with Fake grail wars. Speaking of Strange Fake that blonde guy is a cameo.

I like how Mordred's armor helmet works.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 13:40   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
That's what you think. Mulan is a great protagonist which already proven not only by the Disney movie, but also in Chinese/Hong Kong movies. And like I said, lack of popularity is not a factor once Nasu decided to make a servant.
It wasn't about who makes a good servant, but who makes a good protagonist's servant. Some amount of iconic-ness is mandatory. Like King Arthur or Jeanne. Everyone knows who these people are.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 14:10   Link #85
Tenzen12

You still could go with Boudica, Judith, Scathach or any other of iconic females. Yes there is less female heroic figures than male ones, but you need only one protagonist and there is enough to choose from.

Actually I think both Medea and Medusa from original FSN would make great protagonist (better than Arthuria who, let's be honest, was inferior to either of them character wise) if Shiro was one summon them.
Old 2017-07-06, 14:30   Link #86
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't even know who the first two are, and the third one only came to my attention very recently.

Plus, it was already decided to be Arthur long before the whole gender flip thing.

EDIT: I just realised, how offtopic are we right now?
Old 2017-07-06, 14:57   Link #87
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It wasn't about who makes a good servant, but who makes a good protagonist's servant. Some amount of iconic-ness is mandatory. Like King Arthur or Jeanne. Everyone knows who these people are.
And stop judging by your Western bias. "Who?" is like my reaction to Jeanne before I moved to the west.

And funnily you say Disney does not count. When it is Disney where I learned about Arthur before I moved to the West.
On the other hand, Mulan was taught in history class.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-06, 15:04   Link #88
Tenzen12

Yet they didn't just gender flipped Ayaka but right down replaced with Shiro who is nothing like her. If they could switch completely main protagonist they could do same with his/her love interest.

Also I don't think your lack of common knowledge can be considered as argument for not using anyone else but king Arthur...
Old 2017-07-06, 17:39   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Tenzen & Shmaster already did a good job replying to your sentiment.

I just wanna add that iconic-ness has nothing to do with Saber's popularity. In fact, the fact that she is a genderbent Arthur doesn't sit well with (if not outright pissed off) some fans of Arthurian story who happens to watch Fate anime. Saber was liked by people because she has strong personality/character, a good background story and of course because she's cute. She can be any female figure with those three qualities and still be good, likable and worthy of being the main protagonist's servant. Mulan has them all and Mulan is more well-known than what you would like to admit with your dismissive gesture towards her.

Fun fact/trivia: do you know about Disney's plan to reboot their animated movies into live-action? Well, they are now prioritizing the Mulan adaptation (with a fixed release date of November 2nd 2018) over the likes of The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin, etc with their Arthurian story The Sword in the Stone being in their lowest priority
Old 2017-07-06, 18:05   Link #90
GDB

Quote:
EDIT: I just realised, how offtopic are we right now?
Very, and it's been pointed out. And yet people still continue to argue for no reason.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 02:15   Link #91
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
TBH I am not exactly a fan of the alternate stories of the Fateverse. I'm a bit of a purist you see and pretty much prefer the original continuity of Stay Night and Zero. The onyl other side story I got into was Extra.
You'd probably enjoy Fate/Strange Fake and Lord El Melloi II Case Files. Unlike Apoc, Proto, and Prisma, they're both completely F/SN canon compatible (so far at least).

And the writing's very good in both cases.

Quote:
Fun fact/trivia: do you know about Disney's plan to reboot their animated movies into live-action? Well, they are now prioritizing the Mulan adaptation (with a fixed release date of November 2nd 2018) over the likes of The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin, etc with their Arthurian story The Sword in the Stone being in their lowest priority
I'm sure the Chinese movie market had nothing to do with that decision... Probably a little bit of politics,
too.
Old 2017-07-07, 03:10   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'm sure the Chinese movie market had nothing to do with that decision... Probably a little bit of politics,
too.
Probably. But that's still another proof of Mulan's popularity being quite high up there. After all, Disney's live-action department won't remake unpopular works.
Old 2017-07-07, 07:57   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know what? In the interest of ending this discussion: You win, I lose. I am the biggest retard in the world and know nothing about anything and bow down to your almighty and only correct opinion.

Saber sucks and should obviously have been Mulan who is infinitely better than lame ass girl Arthur.
Old 2017-07-07, 15:04   Link #94
ReddyRedWolf

Wait Darnic maintains his youth by allegedly fusing his soul with a baby?

That sounds like a certain reality where the head of the mage clan will always be reborn in his progeny. Assuming that is how he does it.

Or he somehow copied the Einzbern trick copy pasting a soul to a homunculus.
Old 2017-07-08, 13:44   Link #95
larethian

I am extreme n00b when it comes to judging animation but episode 2's fight animation looked so awful to me. Kind of ruined Mordred's coolness.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 14:44   Link #96
bakato

The OP was below average. Music wasn't as great as its predecessors and visuals were slow. Kinda spoilery too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I am extreme n00b when it comes to judging animation but episode 2's fight animation looked so awful to me. Kind of ruined Mordred's coolness.
You think the fights ruined it? Look at the scenes when they're just talking.

Also, that scene where Darnic is refilling Lancer's wine glass is missing a few frames.

I take back what I said before. A-1 Pictures still sucks.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-07-08 at 15:24.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 18:04   Link #97
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is this an alternate universe story?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 18:10   Link #98
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Darnic worked with nazis and crossed them once he got the Grail. This bit of info is in plain sight in this episode. He is well over a century old when Apocrypha is about to start. Connect the dots from there, man.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-08, 19:15   Link #99
bakato

Quote:
Yes. The exact details are spoiler.
Old 2017-07-08, 21:24   Link #100
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Yes. There is a key difference between FSN and this timeline's Third Grail War where it led to Nazis stealing the Greater Grail. I can see the three families pissed about that.