4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-25, 01:52   Link #81
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

I really think Windermere is driven by desperation or something like that. Their behavior just does not make sense otherwise. And there are multiple instances both in this episode and in the previous that hints at something being wrong either with their race or their planet. I doubt it is just pride or beliefs.

Last edited by Harry Dresden; 2016-04-25 at 02:11.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 02:40   Link #82
magnuskn

Alright, lots to say about this episode:

- The 30 year lifespan makes Windermerians more or less the equivalent of Salarians from Mass Effect. Hence, Freyja is in "real years" 28 (if we take a conservative 1/2 age ratio) or 42 (if we take a 1/3 age ratio). Yikes. ^^ I'd say the physical aging process probably isn't outwardly as accelerated as internally, as the two veteral pilots on the Aerial Knights team look to be in their thirties/late thirties.
Nonetheless, Freyja looks suspiciously young. I wonder if they will age her up during the show.

- Hopefully Hayate is concious that he'll have to take care of an elderly person, soon, if he takes up with Freyja. At least with Mirage she'll always look young. And grumpy.

- The old music player gifted to Freyja was pretty conspicious in this episode. I, too, wonder if it was from a younger Hayate (though he'd have to have Alzheimer to forget going to that planet, if presented directly with it). It definitely seems to be enough of a Chekov's Gun to be important later in the story. Maybe it was Basara's?

- The mecha combat was glorious. I still prefer the VF-25, though.

- The quasi-Oktoberfest music at the start of the party was pretty funny.

- No movement at all on the romance plot, at least for our three MC's. Enough interesting things happening in the background, though. Messer needs someone to remove the stick from his tuchas, stat.

- The most interesting thing so far is that I really cannot guess where the plot is going. There could be just so many possible twists and turns. Freyja probably will have to deal with some unjust (yet not unreasonable) suspicion over the next few episodes, until she proves herself. That's about all I can say. The Windermerians could turn around and become allies against a greater threat, but so far no sign of that. It could very well be that this really will be a story where one side is wrong from the beginning and stays so until the end.

- And, yes, I also have no idea how the hell the Windermerians plan to stand against the entire might of NUNS. Asspulls, is my unhappy suspicion. Well, it's not as if NUNS ain't known to make some tactical mistakes, though they normally equalize that with overwhelming force the Empire of Man would feel proud about.

- Vordor? Looks a lot nicer than Mordor.

BTW, @Reddy, what were the ruins of Rax? In which media were they featured?

Last edited by magnuskn; 2016-04-25 at 02:51.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 02:58   Link #83
lubczyk

I wonder if the writers will be able to weave a clever plot with all these mysteries. Also, is Mikumo trying to push Freya to do better or is she getting passive-aggressive with her? Maybe she is jealous since Freya is taking so much of the spotlight? I have a feeling that the mystery behind Mikumo will be bad news once it comes to light. I mean she streaks nude in the night. There's something wrong with that girl.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 03:24   Link #84
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I wonder if the writers will be able to weave a clever plot with all these mysteries. Also, is Mikumo trying to push Freya to do better or is she getting passive-aggressive with her? Maybe she is jealous since Freya is taking so much of the spotlight? I have a feeling that the mystery behind Mikumo will be bad news once it comes to light. I mean she streaks nude in the night. There's something wrong with that girl.
One theory is that Mikumo is a disguised Windermerian, and that she is already dying of old age and is searching for a replacement. They brought up the 30 year thing but I doubt it would be relevant to Freya directly in the episodes available, so someone else in the cast had to die. Mikumo, suspiciously, did not have her official age announced... When EVERY other member of her fellow singers have announced ages!

That's basically where I think they are going for. Instead of an older pilot dying like with many other Macross, here we are about to see an idol passing her torch to her chosen replacement. And of course, you would be harsh to your replacement, to make sure she would not embarrass you.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:36   Link #85
Kazu-kun

It's not just her age. There's almost no info about who (and what) she really is.

Personally, I doubt she's a Windermerian. Female Windermerian have a heart shaped rune, which Mikumo doesn't have.

She's clearly not normal though, but she's most likely not a Windermerian.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:38   Link #86
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not just her age. There's almost no info about who (and what) she really is.

Personally, I doubt she's Windermerian. Female Windermerian have a heart shaped rune, which Mikumo doesn't have.

She's clearly not normal though, but she's most likely not a Windermerian.
It would not be hard to disguise her rune if she wished to. Really, there is not many reasons to hide her official age unless it is plot relevant. And it would make sense that she would choose someone of the same race and powers to replace herself.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:43   Link #87
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It would not be hard to disguise her rune if she wished to. Really, there is not many reasons to hide her official age unless it is plot relevant.
They're not hiding just her age. They're keeping everything about her a mystery. We don't even know where she lives.

Anyway, you want to think she's a Windermerian, be my guest. But I personally think it's unlikely. I think there's a bigger secret to her.

BTW, I don't think Freyja is supposed to be a replacement for Mikumo. I think she's supposed to form a duo with her. They're clearly more powerful when they sing together, sort of like Chieri and Nagisa from AKB0048.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:47   Link #88
Tenzen12

There hundred races across galaxy, Mikumo being Windermere would be anticlimactic. It's not mysterious enough.

If she were proto devil or supervisor (or whatever idol shaped birdman), that would be much more in line of her mysteriousness.

On other note I don't think this second interstellar war is caused by mere nationalism. Even with Windermere YOLO policy, I doubt they would pick fight they can't win if didn't felt they are driven into corner. They resemble WWII Japan in that aspect.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:52   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I don't think there is enough room to introduce ANOTHER alien race into Delta. Not for the episodes available.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:53   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

INB4 Mikumo being Basara & Sivil’s daughter, and she was talking to the Protodevilns while naked . Talk about being naked, how many episodes of M7 did we have Basara courting the naked-Sivil with his songs again?
Old 2016-04-25, 03:56   Link #91
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I don't think there is enough room to introduce ANOTHER alien race into Delta. Not for the episodes available.
They don't have to introduce a new race. There are already many alien races in the Macross lore. They just have to draw from there.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:58   Link #92
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Considering how many possible races they just showed in episode 2 alone, they can just pick a race and go with that. Also, Macross does already have a pool of pre-existing alien races to work with.

And if they can slowly ease in what a Windermerian is in just these 4 episodes, introducing another one in the background shouldn't be too difficult.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 04:03   Link #93
magnuskn

Quote:
It would not be hard to disguise her rune if she wished to.
I don't know, man, since at least Freyja's rune gets pretty, uh, erect when she gets into the groove.
Old 2016-04-25, 04:15   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I don't know, man, since at least Freyja's rune gets pretty, uh, erect when she gets into the groove.
Mikumo is getting pretty old, please don't tease her just because she couldn't get it up anymore.
Old 2016-04-25, 04:20   Link #95
Tenzen12

Even though chances for Mikumo being Windermere is close to nil, this was good one.
Old 2016-04-25, 04:21   Link #96
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
.... the doujins write themselves....

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 04:33   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

BTW, @Reddy, what were the ruins of Rax? In which media were they featured?
Spoiler for Macross 7:

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2016-04-25 at 04:45.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 04:36   Link #98
deadite

Mikumo as a member of the Protoculture race?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 05:02   Link #99
magnuskn

Thanks, Reddy.

And, yeah, I think Mikumo might turn out to be one of the big surprises of the show.
Old 2016-04-25, 05:07   Link #100
charles883

With galactic scale war, I think this series will allow delta squadron travel to multiple system or colony ship to fight against wind kingdom onslaught. I hope we get to see Delta squadron actually travel to Macross 7 fleet or better yet frontier colony world to see how VF-24 ,VF-25 and VF-29 fare against Draken

I think Mikumo is Protoculture itself and most likely Anima spritia that defeat Protodevlin in the past. Just theory
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote