AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-07, 21:34   Link #81
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

EP 17-18 was good, but I do have a question.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-08, 00:16   Link #82
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
EP 17-18 was good, but I do have a question.
Spoiler:
Well according to the manga...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-08, 00:36   Link #83
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias

Spoiler:
So I guess the manga never showed or described what Tony looked liked.
Old 2004-01-08, 02:14   Link #84
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

Spoiler:
Still would that be enough to make her go berserk like that? I can't help but think there has to be more involved there.
Well I knew Yomiko wouldn't burn down a library deliberately, now that its been confirmed that it wasn't intentional, I'm happy. It'd suck if they had her do something so out of character.
R.O.D. has improved a lot from the eariler character building/filler episodes. The TV series has far surpassed the OVA. With Shingetsutan Tsukihime and KGNE over, ROD is the best anime I'm following right now, though I think these last 2 eps would have put it ahead of KGNE anyway.
Old 2004-01-08, 02:37   Link #85
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
So I guess the manga never showed or described what Tony looked liked.
Actually the manga did showed how he looked like...
Old 2004-01-08, 02:38   Link #86
Go-lytely

I was thinking

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-08, 10:44   Link #87
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

It is DONNY Nakajima. Not Tony. I don't know where this mix up came from...
Old 2004-01-08, 12:58   Link #88
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

yea yomiko is taking all the blame for everything. it's obvious she killed anita's parents (or caused it) but her lover too? doesn't really explain how her character could do something like that. Maybe she's like that shisho kid in kenshin who smiles all the time. I'm also not sure why joker decided to provoke her like that. burning down that library obviously wasn't in his best interest..

I would like to know more about anita though
Old 2004-01-08, 14:01   Link #89
Michipoo
And Tiger TOO!!

My Maggie rant--

Drake does say that his child's name is maggie in the OVA. Also, when maggie introduces herself, drake looks at her in surprise. There are two possibilities 1) Drake is Maggie's father or 2)Maggie just happens to have the same name as Drake's daughter.

I believe Drake is maggie's father just because it is too weird of a coincidence.

Another thing, is that it appears Maggie was being used too when she was younger, or maybe it was just that one incident in the church. She sees how Michelle comforts jr. and remembers when she was on her knees like that in the church.
Old 2004-01-08, 14:07   Link #90
OrO
Vega

Send a message via ICQ to OrO Send a message via AIM to OrO Send a message via MSN to OrO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michipoo
My Maggie rant--

Drake does say that his child's name is maggie in the OVA. Also, when maggie introduces herself, drake looks at her in surprise. There are two possibilities 1) Drake is Maggie's father or 2)Maggie just happens to have the same name as Drake's daughter.

I believe Drake is maggie's father just because it is too weird of a coincidence.

Another thing, is that it appears Maggie was being used too when she was younger, or maybe it was just that one incident in the church. She sees how Michelle comforts jr. and remembers when she was on her knees like that in the church.
Are Drake and his daughter supposed to be sepparated ? Donno that, I only think that Maggi-san reminds him his daughter, that's all
Old 2004-01-08, 15:11   Link #91
FlyByNite

Wow this series has so completely picked up in pace since the raid to get Nenene back from the Dokushensha building.

I have no idea what happened to Donny that would make Yomiko go insane like that. I was thinking maybe they used his body to house Mr. Gentleman and it turned him into a mirror copy of that old beat-down guy from the OVA. But I think Gentleman was in the books by that point.

I'm going to have to re-watch the OVA to figure out the whole Drake and Maggie-chan connection. I'm leaning to him just wanting to look after her because she shares the same name as his daughter. But I'm not 100% sure that he isn't her Father since I haven't viewed the OVA in awhile so I can't remember if he was visiting his daughter regularly or what not.
Old 2004-01-08, 16:07   Link #92
brightman
Ancient Member

Maggie (Drake's "daughter") is mentioned in Ep 18 too, when he volunteer to learn how to make the origami... He said he wants to "make Maggie happy". So if this Maggie and the other one are the same I don't think he'd be saying that here...
Old 2004-01-12, 10:26   Link #93
Chatin
Inactive Member

At this time, I am fairly certain that there is some sort of connection between Drake and Maggie. In both episode 17 and 18 there was a mention of the name Maggie and a strange reaction from both Maggie and Drake.. plus I do not see why they would knowingly give her the name of Maggie if they had already used the name and didn't intend something to this effect.

And, Go-lytely, I think you may be right about your assumption of Donny.. hmm, but we must wait and see.
Old 2004-01-12, 10:34   Link #94
Jn183

Did the license holder release any Dvd for this series, yet?
Old 2004-01-12, 10:51   Link #95
SidSavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
Did the license holder release any Dvd for this series, yet?
The license holder is Geneon/Pioneer Entertainment and no, they haven't released any DVDs yet.
Old 2004-01-15, 22:03   Link #96
corp20
Internet God

Does anyone know when the raw of 19 will be out? Thanks in advance.
Old 2004-01-15, 22:24   Link #97
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Does anyone know when the raw of 19 will be out? Thanks in advance.
raw will be out when they actaully show the epsiodes in Japan.
Old 2004-01-15, 23:30   Link #98
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
raw will be out when they actaully show the epsiodes in Japan.
I know that. I was more like fishing for answer like next week or a date of some sort, something like that.
Old 2004-01-15, 23:43   Link #99
deleted9354
Banned

Last edited by deleted9354; 2007-07-12 at 11:37.
Old 2004-01-16, 00:41   Link #100
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by quangdiggity
If I'm not mistaken, the website http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/ROD/ says that the 10th airing (episodes 19 and 20) was Wednesday night. Last time, the raws came out on January 2. Two weeks from that date would be tomorrow, the 16th. I'm anxious as hell to see them too.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, (I can keep going if you like)
Closed Thread