AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-11, 09:37   Link #81
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
I think there is a limit to pragmatism... how many pragmatic people would attempt to kill someone just because they didn't listen to orders?
Sun Tzu for one. Just ask the king of Wu's concubines...
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 10:25   Link #82
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifaV6 View Post
The main character can be labelled as slightly psychotic/over the top. Later on in the story, Tanya almost executed one of her Lieutenants for ordering his entire company to take evasive maneuver when Tanya deemed it wasn't necessary.
That was because she misunderstood why he did that, since for Tanya there was absolutely no reason to behave that way in that precise case. When she understood after asking for an explanation that her lieutenant was just behaving as it is "in the manual" she switched to tell him that in that precise case that was absolutely unnecessary and stupid. She thought it was treachery (fleeing in front of the enemy exactly iirc) when she saw him do that, didn't understood he was doing evasive maneouver to his troops, since there was no reason to evade anything here. Shoting for fleeing the battlefield was logical as well. And she didn't shot, she listened to his explanation before shooting, albeit she was seriously pissed off.
Old 2015-11-11, 16:18   Link #83
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifaV6 View Post
The main character can be labelled as slightly psychotic/over the top. Later on in the story, Tanya almost executed one of her Lieutenants for ordering his entire company to take evasive maneuver when Tanya deemed it wasn't necessary.
Spoiler for Vol2:

Quote:
Still, I think there should/would/could have been other ways to deal with the situation... for example ridiculing him in fron of everyone or something.

I can understand doing that "on the battlefield", but that was a training exercise. What kind of army allows their soldier to get killed because they didn't train properly?
Spoiler for vol.2:

Spoiler for Vol.1:
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 16:31   Link #84
Namorax

I do not know about that lieutenant who evaded when he was told to not evade (since it wasn't neccessary). IIRC, in chapter 1, volume 1, after the battle... there is this guy who goes through recommendations for medals and stuff...

And he remembers how during her initial training (I think it was stated that this was her initial training, since this is where he notices her for the very first time) she tried to kill one of the soldiers who didn't follow her orders properly, saying something like "Since my orders can't get through his ears, maybe I should put them directly into his brain". The guy wasn't killed, but that behavior was rather over the top for someone "pragmatic". I can understand shooting people who desert in front of the enemy, but still...

Anyways, that was the situation I was referring to.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 05:37   Link #85
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
I do not know about that lieutenant who evaded when he was told to not evade (since it wasn't neccessary). IIRC, in chapter 1, volume 1, after the battle... there is this guy who goes through recommendations for medals and stuff...

And he remembers how during her initial training (I think it was stated that this was her initial training, since this is where he notices her for the very first time) she tried to kill one of the soldiers who didn't follow her orders properly, saying something like "Since my orders can't get through his ears, maybe I should put them directly into his brain". The guy wasn't killed, but that behavior was rather over the top for someone "pragmatic". I can understand shooting people who desert in front of the enemy, but still...

she is de facto Tsun Zu in form of Loli...

yes she's not yandere... but.... S Loli... yeaaah
Old 2015-11-12, 06:38   Link #86
J4n1

Quote:

Once you make the decision to kill someone for insubordination, it is perfectly reasonable to make sure the warning to others is maximiced.
It might not be nice, or moral, but it is perfectly pragmatic and logical thing to do.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 09:38   Link #87
Namorax

But to (try to) kill someone for insubordination during training? Still feels over the top to me.

There's a time and a place for that. The protagonist simply followed the letter of the rules she was given and said "Screw the spirit of the Rules! It literally says in the rules that I'm allowed to do that, so I WILL do that!"
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 14:38   Link #88
J4n1

Quote:
But to (try to) kill someone for insubordination during training? Still feels over the top to me.

There's a time and a place for that. The protagonist simply followed the letter of the rules she was given and said "Screw the spirit of the Rules! It literally says in the rules that I'm allowed to do that, so I WILL do that!"
Yes, because we operate in a society where killing subordinates is not allowed (except, maybe, in most extreme situations).
She's in a society where killing junior officers for insubordination is seen as not only totes OK, but part of officers duties.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 15:45   Link #89
Mangafreak44

Heck. Acts of cowardice themselves could be punished with death during world war 2 and considering the fact that the setting is around that age and the Empire itself is highly militarized, execution for insubordination is understandable, even expected really.

Though yeah, trying to kill someone during training would be a little extreme, at most it warranted a reprimand and being reported to a superior who were right there watching.
Mangafreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 23:16   Link #90
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

That's why they called her monster. In situation of threat like empire. Act of insubordibation could viewed as betrayal. And in most case even in real world could became fatal. And guarante loses on the battlefield.
Old 2015-11-22, 04:04   Link #91
Cancel

Chapter 1 is really interesting. Too bad there won't be any more chapter soon. So, when will the battle in Rhine take place? Is this chapter 3 or 4?
Cancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 07:59   Link #92
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

So...is'she OP ? What are her forte. In the sypnosis is says she'll be the most dangerous'being among the sorcerers in the imperial army, does it means magic is involved ?
Old 2015-11-22, 08:08   Link #93
Zefyris
図書館狼

She is an Oretueee character so yes she's OP. This involves magic yes. For the magic part, you'll see the answer at chapter 2 IIRC ?
Old 2015-11-23, 04:04   Link #94
SifaV6

Chapter 2 is currently being worked on, but progress is slow. I will start translating chapter 3 from next week onwards, chapter 4 will also be translated in parallel by Skythewood. Hopefully by the time chapter 2 is done, 3 and 4 will also be ready.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 17:20   Link #95
Cancel

That's great! At least this LN is not dropped
Old 2015-11-24, 03:51   Link #96
mufarasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Her ability in the first part of the vol.1 are top-tier, but her honor mostly come from her ability to act according to trend and people's expectations. Later in the book, angels give her quadcore gems that are 1000 years ahead of the world's history but using it would need to praise god which she would avoid at all cost except life. Then she killed half of all magician in the France-like country(geographically speaking) on her own and after that she get her own regiment which she have to manage and further action will be in vol.2.
Suprised that no one is discussing this. Can someone possibly elaborate on these "angels?" And why they visited the MC in the fist place.
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 07:24   Link #97
Cancel

Probably because the God sent him here as an experiment to make him have "faith" again (cause he need to praise god to use it)
Old 2015-11-25, 03:19   Link #98
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

So she is beyond OP but because of her pride she doesn't use it but still is OP ?
Old 2015-11-25, 07:24   Link #99
Nzine

If the MC uses the item given to him, he would be basically admitting defeat. As Cancel says it would prove his faith that humans need higher power. Basically in the prologue he got an argument that humans are better off without intervention or something.
Nzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 08:21   Link #100
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzine View Post
If the MC uses the item given to him, he would be basically admitting defeat. As Cancel says it would prove his faith that humans need higher power. Basically in the prologue he got an argument that humans are better off without intervention or something.
I guess I can deal with that...it'd be cool if he instead showed how much it can backfire by being a tyrant or something.

By the way...my set look badass af.

Tags
genocide, loli, reincarnated mc, salaryman