AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 25 (End) Rating
Perfect 10 44 58.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 18.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-28, 05:39   Link #81
Ernietheracefan

After watching ufo!Luvia & Waver, I'd like to see ufo version of Illya & Miyu..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
This episode really remind me of aria, so calm
With more male characters..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 05:41   Link #82
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Well, Kiritsugu was an assassin who worked outside the Association, and his father wiped out an entire island full of people due to his carelessness with magecraft. Shirou wasn't exactly adopted into a family with a sterling legacy.
They said in episode 1 from Fate/Zero, that Kiritsugu worked for the Association a few times as a freelance mercenary.

Last edited by Gaulek; 2015-06-28 at 06:10.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:21   Link #83
0rphen
LuRkEr

"sigh" was hoping to see Rin and Shirou taking care of little rin and shirou

0rphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:41   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
This ending is as perfect as we could get. The aftermath of Holy Grail War is all we need. I did not even realize that the long haired man was Waver and I am curious how did you guys knew that it is Waver. It do be a perfect 10 if ufotable put Rin alongside Shiro in the desert scene which I perceived that Shiro is walking down the Archer path. I just don't have faith in Shiro choosing his path anymore, Rin needs to be there... Really... Seriously...
I think this was essentially the entire point of this episode. It looked very much like Shirou was alone in that desert scene. Now there's some ambiguity left to leave it open for interpretation but I think the rest of the episode heavily implies that Rin and Shirou will ultimately have to separate. The scene in Glastonbury reveals that Rin and Shirou have fundamentally different viewpoints. Whereas Shirou is searching for more big events like the Holy Grail War, Rin expresses that she has found her calling and contentment at the clock tower. And the end scene at the dining table makes it clear that whilst she is willing to leave the Clock tower after three years for some adventuring with Shirou she also admits that she plans to settle down at the Clock Tower eventually, whilst Shirou warns her that he just isn't the type settle down at all. It's a great piece of writing really. It's a tragic dimension to Rin and Shirou's relationship and it's executed in such a subtle and melancholic way that leaves a really bitter sweet impression. These two characters are smart enough to be aware of the fate of their relationship but are able to handle it with such grace and maturity. They are able to confront each other, be honest with each other and ask the questions that need asking. And the fact that they are capable of doing so just makes the whole thing feel even more tragic.

A very beautiful epilogue imo. I've made a point before about how it's such a shame that so few anime are willing to devote an entire episode to just an aftermath epilogue because I really think it's the best way to end a series. Giving the characters the time to look back on what's happened and reflect on how they plan to move forward really gives the best sense of conclusion and it's great that the writers did that here. And the amount of depth they gave to Rin and Shirou at the end was excellent. It was all anime original so it was a really risky move that could've brought the ire of the fandom, but not only did they nail both characters perfectly, they also added an entirely new and tragic dimension to Rin and Shirou's relationship that was never there in the Visual Novel.

The only blemish to an otherwise perfect episode was the introduction of Luvia and the pointless fanservice fight that followed. I've not read Hollow Ataraxia so I know nothing about Luvia but if her appearance here is anything to go by, I'd say I could do without her.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 07:53   Link #85
Gaulek

Rin is probably travelling with Shiro like she said in the episode.
Shirou is going further than Archer, with a smile on his face, with Rin and without regrets unlike Archer.
He won't become like Archer:

He is smiling:

Last edited by Gaulek; 2015-06-28 at 08:08.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:14   Link #86
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Shirou lives up with the same ideal and goes down the same path as EMIYA's, but the outcome is gonna be different from the latter. Archer wanted to make his ideal a reality, but was backfired and failed miserably, he got nothing of what he wished nor wanted which driven him to pessimism over the world and his own existence. Shirou chose to thrive to become a hero, an ideal inherited from Kiritsugu. Although he's aware of how preposterous it sounds, how much a fraud of his own existence, he still stay true of himself and carry on with it with no regrets. Consider it as a way of life, a bliss of mankind's liberty. Ultimately, Shirou is unlikely to end up like Archer. But it seems like Shirou did Archer a favor to prove his ideal right.

I'm not gonna lie... This is the first time I see an anime to have an epilogue episode to bring a proper closure to the series, if not in the form of OVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Here we have all the budget Ufotable could have used to make this anime even better. Look how real it looks.
Except with no flowers. D:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 08:33   Link #87
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
Rin is probably travelling with Shiro like she said in the episode.
Shirou is going further than Archer, with a smile on his face, with Rin and without regrets unlike Archer.
He won't become like Archer:

He is smiling:
Personally, I think those two moments are even more damning. Rin says the difference is how far Shirou can go but she never says the difference will be herself.

I don't attach that much meaning to Shirou smiling in the desert. ArcherShirou also smiled in his desert adventures:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The real difference is that this Shirou still has his red hair. That is something I don't think is a coincidence. I think that's the writers hinting that there is a difference between Shirou and Archer but if that difference was definitely Rin then they would've shown her in the desert as well.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:36   Link #88
Gaulek

From Nasu aka word of god:
“You’ll figure out what it represents if you watch it a second time, but I don’t want to invite any misunderstandings, so here is an excerpt from the script.

(Desert scene)
After the end credits. A desert scene, same as the opening.
Shirou walks alone. His strength falters and he stops walking.
Shirou looks down to shield his eyes from the sandstorm, and sees traces of someone else having been there (the place where Archer stopped).
Shirou breathes out and raises his head. There’s fake endurance in his expression, but it’s full of hope.
Shirou walks away with a steady gait.
The camera lingers on the traces of Archer’s presence, and watches Shirou leave as the shot ends.
(If you want to make it easier to understand, after Shirou leaves, you can add Archer appearing in that spot and watching him go… but I think you shouldn’t.)

He’s not wandering, but just aiming for someplace far away.”
Old 2015-06-28, 08:39   Link #89
IceHism

Great finale.

Now I'm ready for the real best route, heaven's feel.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 08:43   Link #90
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
From Nasu aka word of god:
“You’ll figure out what it represents if you watch it a second time, but I don’t want to invite any misunderstandings, so here is an excerpt from the script.

(Desert scene)
After the end credits. A desert scene, same as the opening.
Shirou walks alone. His strength falters and he stops walking.
Shirou looks down to shield his eyes from the sandstorm, and sees traces of someone else having been there (the place where Archer stopped).
Shirou breathes out and raises his head. There’s fake endurance in his expression, but it’s full of hope.
Shirou walks away with a steady gait.
The camera lingers on the traces of Archer’s presence, and watches Shirou leave as the shot ends.
(If you want to make it easier to understand, after Shirou leaves, you can add Archer appearing in that spot and watching him go… but I think you shouldn’t.)

He’s not wandering, but just aiming for someplace far away.”
I can't really tell if you're responding to me or not but if you are...well...to be honest, I'm not really sure what you're getting at there. I've already read that same excerpt and my interpretation is that it shows that there is a difference between Archer and Shirou.

But I'm not denying that anyway...
Old 2015-06-28, 08:44   Link #91
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Great finale.

Although I personally think UBW is the best out of the routes.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 08:47   Link #92
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can't really tell if you're responding to me or not but if you are...well...to be honest, I'm not really sure what you're getting at there. I've already read that same excerpt and my interpretation is that it shows that there is a difference between Archer and Shirou.

But I'm not denying that anyway...
It show the difference between Archer and Shirou.
But Rin isn't the only difference.
Unlike Archer, Shirou is pursuing his goal even if he know that can't save everyone, even if he know he is fraud, for ubw shirou, it isn't the result that matters unlike Archer, Shirou won't have regrets.
Old 2015-06-28, 08:52   Link #93
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm getting the impression that we're on two completely different wavelengths here so I'll stop.

In any case I forgot to post this. A little hark back to the old anime:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-06-28, 09:34   Link #94
ShadowSamurai365

Are there really that many people who still believes that Shirou is stupid in wanting follow his ideals? The only thing I can say is that they better not be the same people who supported Kiritsugu in Fate/Zero?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 10:20   Link #95
ReddyRedWolf

Did anybody else cringe at the thought Rin and Luvia sharing the same space would lead to the Clock Tower's destruction with massive collateral damage? And Shirou between them?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 10:29   Link #96
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

The episode imo was amazing. Everything I wished for (well not everything. I did want a kiss! ).

Fast somebody make avis/sigs from this episode ASAP! Rin was so gorgeous in this episode!

Rin is love! Rin is life!
Old 2015-06-28, 11:23   Link #97
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
The episode imo was amazing. Everything I wished for (well not everything. I did want a kiss! ).

Fast somebody make avis/sigs from this episode ASAP! Rin was so gorgeous in this episode!

Rin is love! Rin is life!
You must have missed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Official art of this episode's script:

https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/614817297660669952
Old 2015-06-28, 12:00   Link #98
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Great finale.

Nope. UBW is best route.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 12:02   Link #99
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You must have missed this:
No I didn't! But I would have liked to see a kiss on screen anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Nope. UBW is best route.
Agreed!
Old 2015-06-28, 12:12   Link #100
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Nope. UBW is best route.
Whether UBW is equal to, better, or worse than HF is very disputed. It's certain however that HF causes more discussion though.