AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-29, 16:26   Link #81
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I just had a thought, what if this new series is just Dragon Ball GT just renamed?
GT didn't have Toriyama involved, so no.
Old 2015-04-29, 17:06   Link #82
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
GT didn't have Toriyama involved, so no.
I know.

Still it's something to think about, now that would be a sick and twisted reveal.
Old 2015-04-29, 17:50   Link #83
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Gohan and more importantly his father coming to terms with the fact that he simply is not a warrior at heart, and finally letting go of that past life. [/i]
But Goku never forced Gohan to be a warrior or anything. He seemed to accept Gohan's (and Chichi's, to be fair) choice from day one, when he first introduced him to the others. The only time Goku trained him was during the Androids/Cell arc, but that wasn't against Gohan's will, and they had no other choice.

In fact, i don't remember Goku ever bothering Gohan about training or the need to stay in shape, unlike Piccolo and Vegeta did a few times. Goku is too busy worried about himself to care or even notice.
Old 2015-04-29, 19:08   Link #84
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
In fact, i don't remember Goku ever bothering Gohan about training or the need to stay in shape, unlike Piccolo and Vegeta did a few times.

Well, he kinda was strict with Gohan's training during the times it actually mattered (training to beat the cyborgs/Cell). And at the very least, he was present when Gohan received the mystic power-up from the elder Kaiou-shin..... otherwise yeah, he pretty much left both his kids alone (though a lot of that can be attributed to him being dead for a good chunk of Gohan/Goten's lives).
Old 2015-04-29, 20:47   Link #85
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I just want only One & one thing -

Goku gaining New Sayan form and Power that not only allow him to kick Every Superman's butt from every universe But also Punch ''Superman Prime'' from existence !
Nope. Much as I love DBZ, Goku can continue taking these Ls from a real one. Supes got better comics and a better costume, LOL. (Well, the costume part is arguable.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I know.

Still it's something to think about, now that would be a sick and twisted reveal.
After almost twenty years Dragon Ball is back--this is no time for terrible trolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Oh joy, can't wait to see how else he can trash Gohan next. Skipping this, I'll just keep acting like the Buu saga is the last of the series and pretend these new films and series don't exist
Gohan was always Yamcha-tier anyway. He had two cool moments (you know both) and he fucked both up. But before that he spent the series having vague moments of being slightly useful and being useless otherwise. Just so long as my boys Tien and Vegeta are semi-useful I'll be happy. (I'll give Piccolo a pass too--someone can help him stop being a speed bump.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'd be fine with Buu saga quality, honestly, but Cell Saga is obviously the crème de la crème of the Dragonball series (unless you prefer early Dragonball comedy). What I don't want is something like a giant Battle of the Gods type series where Toriyama tries to do some in between version of DBZ and early Dragonball, not really very serious villains or tension, with goofy comedy and yet the fate of the world is at stake. I kinda wanna find Toriyama and just tell him in person "Sorry man, those highly discordant approaches to plot don't really jive together too well..."
Battle of the Gods was great. Honestly Toriyama's plots were never all that strong (most of them center around "My dad was evil, so I'm evil too...!") to begin with, so going comedy made it easy to watch. But! You're right in that I'm not sure it'd work too well in a series. That type of thing is better suited to one and done films.

Quote:
I'm not really too clear on these "it should die" people, personally. If they are fans of the series that think it ended on a good note, fine, but the impression I get is more along the lines of: "oh, DBZ, that's sooooo immature and early 90's style anime! Look how much more advanced we are now!" Like... really? Today's anime market is utterly dominated by braindead light novel adaptions. DBZ might not be the smartest, or most cerebral, or most sophisticated show out there, but you'd have to be downright delusional to think it has no place in the anime market. The announcement of a new series has already gone uber viral.

Not to mention, if I'm gonna choose between mindless forms of entertainment, I'm choosing the muscular guys that fight monsters and can blow up planets any day over the girls in the band club or whatever. No disrespect to those fans, it's totally subjective, but yeah... There's probably more people like me out there than there are of that other crowd, even if the modern anime fandom tricks people into thinking otherwise.
Well it's true--DBZ is definitely one of, if not the, most popular anime of all time. So there's no way people won't at least try it, and if it turns out to be good, well...
Old 2015-04-29, 21:26   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I hope this new show is going to erase GT, however, I could interpret the time period different ways:
1. The time period in-between after Kid Buu's defeat and before the end of DBZ.

2. The time period in-between after the end of DBZ and before the start of DBGT, still taking place after Kid Buu's defeat.

3. A new continuity when the events of DBGT never happen instead the events of DB Super take place, long after the defeat of Buu.
Old 2015-04-29, 22:37   Link #87
sayde

No need for interpretation. GT was never officially canon. Battle of the Gods and the new movie only serve to cement this fact. So just stick with #3. Because even if this series doesn't take place during the years that GT would've, many events that take place during the GT timeline can no longer make sense anyways thanks to the SSJGod form that the recent movies introduced.
Old 2015-04-29, 23:04   Link #88
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Just give me Vegeta Super Saiyan 3 outside of game canon and I am golden.
Old 2015-04-29, 23:21   Link #89
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, if that whole thing about parallel universes is true, then can't we just consider GT's events to take place in one of those alternate universes? At least, that way it can be considered both canon AND non-canon at the same time!
If that's the case, then that would mean that the GT universe is the exact same as the DB universe up until the GT storyline starts. I don't know about you, but I would find that to be pretty dumb and pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Uub is the same way, so they can still work with Goku's enthusiasm. Sure, he's weak now, even if he's as strong as Kid Buu once he realizes his current potential. But like Frieza, he can train and get massive gains.
Perhaps its because Uub was a character that was introduced at the very end of DBZ, but I never cared for him. If characters other than Goku are to shine, than I'd rather he be forgotten and let the established Z fighters be in the spotlight.
Old 2015-04-29, 23:42   Link #90
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
Perhaps its because Uub was a character that was introduced at the very end of DBZ, but I never cared for him. If characters other than Goku are to shine, than I'd rather he be forgotten and let the established Z fighters be in the spotlight.
I completely agree. Uub feels more like the epilogue to the Buu Saga than a genuine attempt by Toriyama to tie all the stories together with a wonderful new character. I think we can move on without him.
Old 2015-04-30, 02:06   Link #91
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

One thing in the Dragonball Z series in Vegeta's case like in the Cell saga Trunks going for the buffed out SSJ with more power but less speed, he never used that, Goku knew of that form as well, but he knows it's limits the speed. In the Buu Saga Vegeta didn't turn SSJ3 because he knows it drains power that's why he sticks to SSJ2 a more stable power level. The rage burst he did in BOG Roshi stated he did go beyond Goku's SSJ3 even if his hair did not change which is a face where he beat up Bearus for a few screen time and even SSJ3 Goku cannot do that.

Also I dunno if the Toriyama would remember that Vegeta is a high class Saiyan who can breath in space, under water and naturally strong and has high energy on the base level.

As for Superman if Goku or Vegeta can hold a mini black hole and contain it, survive 15 billion super nova explosions and move planets that's the time I say they are a match for Superman and yeah Batman will exploit weaknesses and cheat to defeat Superman, but that is a movie for 2016
Old 2015-04-30, 06:34   Link #92
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'd be fine with Buu saga quality, honestly, but Cell Saga is obviously the crème de la crème of the Dragonball series (unless you prefer early Dragonball comedy). What I don't want is something like a giant Battle of the Gods type series where Toriyama tries to do some in between version of DBZ and early Dragonball, not really very serious villains or tension, with goofy comedy and yet the fate of the world is at stake. I kinda wanna find Toriyama and just tell him in person "Sorry man, those highly discordant approaches to plot don't really jive together too well..."
Well, I admittedly haven't seen Resurrection F yet, but from what I understand, that one does seem decidedly more serious. Heck, if the trailer is to be believed,
Spoiler for I don't know if this actually happens in Resurrection F or if the trailer is misleading, but...:
Old 2015-04-30, 15:26   Link #93
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I thought Gohan was pretty good till the new films and specials, he at least got treated with respect back than. In the One Piece / Toriko / Dragon Ball Z special crossover man was I disapointed that Gohan was the one taken out like that. Hercules would have made more sense for that type of situation, it's like the guy forgot how to write every one in the series except Goku and Vegeta. Even than he seemed to have forgotten that Goku was an actual father, I thought he was pretty good dad till the Buu saga than after that

I don't know who's worse of a father, Goku or Vegeta?

Just seeing the title for the series already screams doom for none Goku or Vegeta fans

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-04-30, 15:36   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I thought Gohan was pretty good till the new films and specials, he at least got treated with respect back than. In the One Piece / Toriko / Dragon Ball Z special crossover man was I disapointed that Gohan was the one taken out like that. Hercules would have made more sense for that type of situation, it's like the guy forgot how to write every one in the series except Goku and Vegeta. Even than he seemed to have forgotten that Goku was an actual father, I thought he was pretty good dad till the Buu saga than after that

Just seeing the title for the series already screams doom for none Goku or Vegeta fans
When in doubt should probably go with the third answer, Piccolo. Even considering what he put Gohan through in the early training of the Saiyan saga, he was probably more of a father figure than Goku himself. He didn't stay dead nearly as much .
Old 2015-04-30, 15:42   Link #95
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Dragon Ball Abriged knows the answer.

Sadly Gohan is now the Yamcha of the Saiyans.
Old 2015-04-30, 16:12   Link #96
Gundamx

technically, everyone else lost to last boss except goku in most movie unless goku is dead
Old 2015-04-30, 16:35   Link #97
anime fan99

of all goku kids I feel sorry more for Goten

Gohan did have his moment in the sun in the cell Games . Goten was a kid in z and a joke in GT
Old 2015-04-30, 16:37   Link #98
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
of all goku kids I feel sorry more for Goten

Gohan did have his moment in the sun in the cell Games . Goten was a kid in z and a joke in GT
At-least he have cute girlfriend(s)
Old 2015-04-30, 16:43   Link #99
Galaxian

I would say Vegeta is a better father than Goku, though Piccolo is the best since he has even spent more time with Goten than Goku has.
Old 2015-04-30, 16:47   Link #100
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
At-least he have cute girlfriend(s)
Gohan get lime and videl and Erasa and Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I would say Vegeta is a better father than Goku, though Piccolo is the best since he has even spent more time with Goten than Goku has.
I would say Gohan The best father in the series

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-04-30 at 21:15. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Closed Thread