AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 24.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-17, 19:03   Link #81
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbi888 View Post
Yes, Lemrina wants what the same things as her princess sister - can we blame her.
Yes, we can. She doesn't just want the same things that her sister has. She wants to take away what her sister has.
Old 2015-01-17, 19:04   Link #82
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
It's scary and sad at the same time that Inaho is still using trainers to fight. If only he could get a Aldnoah suit.
Old 2015-01-17, 19:29   Link #83
Syaokura

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yes, we can. She doesn't just want the same things that her sister has. She wants to take away what her sister has.
I cannot wait until Saazbaum (or anyone else, really) kills her off, tbh. I know it's mean and I do understand why Lemrina feels that way, but she irks me. I'll give her credit when it's due, however; she at least spices up the plot a bit, I suppose.
Old 2015-01-17, 19:31   Link #84
Awrya
U mad?

Until next week, I'll look into different dictionaries and see if the definition of aim bot is Kaizuka Inaho.

Since Inaho had access to Tharsis' data, I guess Earth has managed to hack into Saazbaum's landing castle and gained information about Vers' military strength. Can't really blame Edelrittuo about disclosing Inaho's name, it's not like she knows exactly what happened in that moment. Slaine could have just told her that he found Asseylum and an earthling soldier in the room where the Aldnoah core was, that both were injured and he prioritized Asseylum's life over the soldiers.

Glad to know that Lemrina isn't just a clueless princess being used by Saazbaum, expecting great things from her.
Old 2015-01-17, 19:36   Link #85
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
It's scary and sad at the same time that Inaho is still using trainers to fight. If only he could get a Aldnoah suit.
Why? He has the most powerful of weapons already "plot armor."

Joking aside he honestly doesn't need one he already has that computer eye of his.
Old 2015-01-17, 19:56   Link #86
Irenesharda

Anyone find it interesting that the UFE was able to build a base in space without it being destroyed by the Martians? Especially since about half of the orbital castles are still in orbit around the Earth to provide support? And also the fact that anything the Earth did have up there was shot down by the Vers forces in the first episode which is why they all have pretty crappy communications?

What went on in that year and a half and how did the UFE get a space fleet situated?

Also, anyone wondering where Yuki and Marito are? Both of them were show on the planet's surface in the OP and so I'm guessing they are on another mission?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 20:29   Link #87
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Anyone find it interesting that the UFE was able to build a base in space without it being destroyed by the Martians? Especially since about half of the orbital castles are still in orbit around the Earth to provide support? And also the fact that anything the Earth did have up there was shot down by the Vers forces in the first episode which is why they all have pretty crappy communications?

What went on in that year and a half and how did the UFE get a space fleet situated?

Also, anyone wondering where Yuki and Marito are? Both of them were show on the planet's surface in the OP and so I'm guessing they are on another mission?
Based on this episode, it seems that it is a big hassle for the bases to launch attacks against each other. Dropping down to Earth is probably easier than to navigate the satellite belt. If you take control of all of Earth's ability to access the station, why bother taking the station out?
Old 2015-01-17, 21:25   Link #88
Esclair

I feel like Sauzbaum is one of those villains that you can't really hate because in another show, they'd be the anti-hero protagonist. He makes the Vers side interesting antagonists.

The problem is that the Earth side is full of incompetents aside from Inaho.
Old 2015-01-17, 21:28   Link #89
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I feel like Sauzbaum is one of those villains that you can't really hate because in another show, they'd be the anti-hero protagonist. He makes the Vers side interesting antagonists.

They're using seriously outdated equipment. It's mostly that.
Old 2015-01-17, 21:33   Link #90
fbi888

Quote:
This episode hints that Calm upgraded the 'trainer' for full fighting ability. He even asked Inaho to repaint it to different (maybe more aggressive) color. But Inaho said no for obvious reasons.

Kinda weird that Inaho reminds me of "Orangie" from Code Geasss down to the mechanized eye
Old 2015-01-17, 21:35   Link #91
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post

That the problem of the setting, if everyone was like Inaho it will make the Martian-Terran conflict a joke. They have to be fodders in order to demonstrated how weak Earth is compared to the Mars and Inaho had to be buffed up considerably to compensated the fact that he doesn't pilot a Aldnoah-powered Kat. Had the technology gap be smaller, Inaho will probably be less of an ace pilot as compared to now.
Old 2015-01-17, 21:45   Link #92
azurestratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

+1 Good questions

I wonder how they defended Trident base all this time. Next episode they did say there's big battle, so maybe we'll see.
The satellites are out in open and cannot defend themselves so its understandable.

Can't wait for Yuki's and Marito's entrance. Hope they get an awesome one.

Quote:
They're using seriously outdated equipment. It's mostly that.
Yes this, and outdated tactics.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Basically their reason/excuse for Inaho's exclusive cyborg abilities.
Well, at least there's a reason, given by the writer.
Old 2015-01-17, 21:57   Link #93
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
Yes this, and outdated tactics.
The UFE is too stubborn. Their "standard military tactics" are useless against Aldnoa-Kats. They should instead focus on the weakness: Science. If they include more Scientists in their strategy meetings, they may even be able to beat Knights/Counts without Inaho's help at the 2nd or 3rd battle, after having enough time to analyse the Kats.

Maybe they actually DID that and that is the reason why Earth is faring better now than that pathetic beatdown in the first cour?
Old 2015-01-17, 22:03   Link #94
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
So now Inaho is truly is a robot, instead of a human robot *eye roll*. I'm waiting for a back story that explains his void of emotions.

Dying to know Slaine's real intentions in all of this. I know it's more than what we are seeing, there has to be.
Old 2015-01-17, 22:08   Link #95
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

^
This fight actually gave Inaho all the information he needs to kick Slaine's ass the next time they met. Inaho already knows what the Tharsis is capable of now, and he will have plans ready next round.

Lemrina is a brat btw.
Old 2015-01-17, 22:14   Link #96
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

^^^ Uh, that gun seems to have low much recoil in the first place, considering that the Earth Kats were show to be firing it just fine - Inaho were even flying and shooting at the same time. Not to mention what's stopping Inaho from pulling out auxiliary armaments like knives or smaller guns?

Inaho probably held back because he haven't fully theorises what the Tharsis is capable of yet.
Old 2015-01-17, 22:18   Link #97
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
He'll adjust to the 2nd fight, but I think from what we see in the opening they'll probably team up at some point. l
Actually instead of team up, I think that scene in the OP is the race to see which one of them will obtain the Earth (which imo, is the titular Aldnoah Zero)
Old 2015-01-17, 22:21   Link #98
bones

Yeah right please, Slaine couldn't shoot him down even when he's in the most overpowered mecha vs a trainer mecha. He was supposed to have improved his mecha skills but the brief battle between them showed otherwise.
Old 2015-01-17, 22:22   Link #99
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
The speed of Tharsis shouldn't be underestimated and even if Inaho somehow fired another shot and they end up going hand to hand, the Tharsis would be able to read Inaho's movements while Inaho is still trying to process this new mecha's ability.
Wasn't underestimating Tharsis's speed.

Reading ahead while going melee is rather double edge, I think, since the opponent can change his strike midway. Not to mention that it could cause problems since there will be more than one way of striking from one position.

Quote:
It's a loss.

Inaho has to take one to develop. You want him develop as a character, right?

You don't learn anything if you don't lose at least once especially to your rival.

In this case, Inaho was outmatched and got the information for the next time they face each other.
He already lost in season 1, ep 12.

And you don't necessary have to lose a battle to develop. Losing a friend, finding a reason to fight, traumas, etc... are all valid ways for a character to develop. And Inaho is already starting to change outside of battle.
Old 2015-01-17, 22:23   Link #100
sayde

I love how this series is paced in such a way that it somehow manages to find time to show just how awesome Inaho is almost every single episode. For instance, just when I thought the episode was about to conclude for the week (as I'm staring at the time in my media player) without any battles to be shown, I'm proven wrong in the most glorious of ways. I'm so in love with this series--or rather, with the main protagonist. Even when he technically loses, it doesn't feel like a total loss per say, but rather a draw.

On a different note, I can't help wondering how Inaho is eventually going to counter the ability of Slaine's Tharsis. Apparently it can see the trajectory of incoming attacks? Sounds pretty useful. But is it only limited to gunfire? Or can it see oncoming melee attacks as well?

The second issue I'm wondering is if Princess Lemrina has indeed taken a bit of a shine to Mr. Troyard, or if she's merely pretending to like him all for the sake of trying to claim yet one more aspect of her sisters life for her own.
Closed Thread